Chapter 10

Fix a Heart

 

After trying to argue, Onew gave up and went to the kitchen. Meanwhile, Jonghyun returned to the living room, finding the door ajar. When he tried to open the door, Key appeared on the other side, showing just an eye.

- Get out, you slug. – Key said, while Minho started to laugh.

- What? I couldn’t find the bathroom, that wasn’t my fault! Let me enter the room.

- No. Go help Onew with the popcorns.

- Are you kidding me? – Jonghyun asked, opening his mouth in shock. – You must be kidding me! Minho, tell this mad guy to let me in!

- Sorry, but I can’t. – Minho answered, joining Taemin and Jongin in their laughs.

- You idiots! – Jonghyun said, turning back toward the kitchen where Onew was, in fact, preparing the popcorns.

When he came into the kitchen, Onew was grabbing the package where he kept the sugar. The older guy was paying too much attention as he turned the sugar on the popcorns.

- Do you need help? – Jonghyun asked, appearing behind him.

- J-Jonghyun! – Onew exclaimed when he recovered from the surprise. – No, thanks, I’m almost done with this.

- Is there anything else to take or it’s only the popcorns? ONEW! – Jonghyun yelled, scaring the other again. – Pay attention, you’re pouring too much!

- Oh my God. – Onew said, seeing the bowl of popcorns covered in sugar. – Key is going to kill me! – He whispered, passing the hand in his hair.

- Come here. – Jonghyun said, starting to laugh. – Let me help you, your hair is full of sugar. – The smaller one said, pulling him towards himself and wagging his hair. – It’s fine, now we can go back to the living-room and throw the popcorns up to those idiots!

When they reached the room, the other guys were choosing a movie, each sitting on their mattress. Taemin was on the right side. Next to him was Key and Minho and then were two empty mattresses which would belong to Jonghyun and Onew.

- Hyung, I got to go. – Jongin said, tapping Onew’s arm. – My mother doesn’t let me sleep here because I have to wake up early tomorrow.

- That’s fine Jongin, come whenever you want. – Onew answered, accompanying him to the door. – Good night and take care! Let Taemin know when you get home, please.

- Onew, please tell your friend that I don’t want to watch a horror movie. – Jonghyun asked, kneeling in front of the elder. – Please, please, please.

- Kibum, please- - Onew started, being immediately interrupted for the blond.

- The majority wins. Me, Minho and Taemin voted in a horror movie, so you two are at a disadvantage.

- Hey pink hair! – Jonghyun challenged, getting up. -  Well, forget; let’s watch that stupid horror movie!

The first one to fall asleep was Jonghyun, but the others followed him soon after. After a while, all of them were laying one above the others, traversed in the mattresses, while the movie played the final credits.

In the morning, the first one to wake up was Kibum feeling the rays of sun hitting his face. Rubbing his eyes, the blond tried to sit up only to find out that he couldn’t because Taemin’s head was resting on his stomach. Smiling at the younger, Key grabbed Taemin and placed his head on a pillow, finally being able to sit.

When he looked around he had to suppress a gasp. Minho was lying incredible close to him. So close that he probably had an arm around him during all night. The simple thought made the blond’s cheeks burn. But then, that wasn’t the only thing that made him almost gasped. Looking again at the elders, a smirk appeared in his face as he got up.

The two boys were lying next to each other with their legs tangled and while Jinki was facing the ceiling, the smaller was lying on his side with his arm around Onew’s torso. Chuckling, Kibum went to grab his phone and snapped a picture of the two.

He then walked to the kitchen wanting to make breakfast for all of them. It was already late but they would eat it anyways, right? If they didn’t want, he would shove everything down Jonghyun’s throat. And well, Jinki wasn’t one to reject food.

When he was done with the breakfast, he grabbed a spatula and a pot, taking them to the living room where all of them were still sleeping. Rolling his eyes, he hit the two objects together many times until they stared do move. The first one was Taemin who sat up immediately, looking confused. Kibum almost felt bad for him but the feeling didn’t stay long because no one else was moving. The blond walked to where Jonghyun and Onew were and lowered himself, screaming at his hears.

- Wake up, you lazy asses! It’s morning already!

Jonghyun lifted his head while narrowed eyes and let himself fell on top of Jinki’s chest: - Shut up, Kibum.

- Don’t make me repeat myself. The breakfast is on the table.

With that, both Jonghyun and Taemin got up and ran to the kitchen leaving a confused Onew and a still sleeping Minho. The blond, who was still near his hyung, tapped him on his arm and pushed him until he sat on the mattress. Then, he putted the spatula and the pot on Onew’s hand and made him stand up, dragging him to the kitchen.

Jonghyun lifted an eyebrow when Jinki let his head hit the table: - Looks like he’s dead. How does he get up to go to college?

- With a lot of yelling. – Taemin explained while stuffing his mouth with food. – Mom has to hit him sometimes. Believe me, it’s a sad thing to see.

- Where are you going? – The smaller saw how Kibum was already heading out to the living rom. – If you’re going to try waking Minho up, I think it’s better if you give up now. He sleeps like a rock.

- We’ll see.

Kibum left the kitchen and went to where Minho was still asleep but not before hearing Jonghyun say that he should be careful with his friend. Like he would do anything to hurt the brunet. Clearly, the little princess was insane. Shaking his head, the blond jumped to his mattress and almost landed on top of the brunet but he didn’t even move.

- Yah! Choi Minho, it’s time to wake up! – He yelled, kicking him. – Do you hear me? Minho! – Key called, shaking the other by his shoulders hearing him growl. With a satisfied smirk on his face, the blond shook him again. – Minho, come on. They’re all eating right now, if you don’t get up, there will be nothing for you and-

- Kibum, shut up, please. – The taller asked putting one hand over Key’s mouth and gripping his thigh with the other. – I’m already awake, okay? There was no way in hell I would be sleeping with all the noise you made.

The blond boy gulped and blinked a few times before reacting, pushing Minho’s hand away: - Then why… Why didn’t you answer when I called you?

- Perhaps I wanted you to be here. – Minho declared, finally opening his eyes and looking straight to the boy, smiling. – Alone.

Kibum widened his eyes and gulped again: - Y-yah! Stop saying those things and get up. – He slapped Minho on his chest and got up, turning his back on the other. – I’m not calling you again. If there’s nothing for you to eat, it’s not even my fault anymore.

With that, Minho saw him leave the living room and giggled to himself. It amused him how Kibum seemed to be speechless every time he said such things. Things that weren’t exactly lies. Finally he got himself up and walked to the kitchen finding all of his friends surrounding the table looking like they haven’t eaten in days.