Chapter 5

Fix a Heart

 

                - What were you doing to take so long in the classroom? – Key grumbled, as soon as Minho passed the door. – Seriously, I had to drag Jinki hyung out of the classroom because he’s a slug and now you! Why do you two like to make me wait?

                - You need to calm down! You must have batteries, and the ones that never end. – Minho said, shocked. – So, are you ready? Can we go now?

                - You must be kidding me! – Key said, passing between the other two, grabbing their arms and starting to walk faster. – I’m the one who was waiting, do you remember?

                During all the way, the three boys laughed and talked about a lot of different things. Minho and Key seemed to be close to each other. They even started to have their own jokes. Onew wasn’t accustomed to see Key so happily talking with a person without getting tired of it. Perhaps because Minho was able to handle his sarcasm and answer the same way, making the conversation interesting.

                 Onew was paying so much attention to the behavior of the other two that he didn’t see a rock in his way, stumbling.

                - Are you mad or what? – Key asked when the older one grabbed him tightly. – What are you doing?

                - Oh my God, I’m glad that you were here! Otherwise I would be on the floor.

                - Tell me that you didn’t stumble on your own feet, please!

                - Here! – Minho exclaimed, making the other two stare at him. – Hyung’s house. We arrived!

                It didn't take too long until Jonghyun came to open the door. When he showed up, their friends made an effort to not laugh.

                - What are you doing wrapped in a blanket? – Minho asked.

                - You look like an old man! – Key exclaimed, starting finally to laugh. – May we come in, grandpa?

                - Idiot! I’m trying to get better! What are you doing here?

                - We came to visit you. – Minho explained, entering in the house followed by the other two. – So, how are you?

                - Oh, I’m totally fine! Look at my nose! Look. At. My. Nose. Choi Minho! It’s red! And you know why?

                - It’s my fault. – Onew finally talked, looking at Jonghyun. – I shouldn’t have let you do whatever you wanted. You were drunk, with no car, and I let you go home anyway.

                The other three seemed surprised. No one was waiting for this reaction.

                - Don’t be silly! – Key said, goggling. – The only culprit here is, obviously, Jonghyun.

                - WHAT? – The smaller asked, shocked. – Me? ME? I’m the victim here! And, of course, I’m not blaming you. –He said, turning to Onew. – It’s Minho’s fault. He took my car!

                - Yes hyung, I know that you love me, you say that every time! – Minho said, laughing. – And if you don’t have anything interesting to say, we better go.

                - But you guys have just arrived! This is how you treat your best friend?

                In this exact moment, a little dog appeared, running to Minho’s legs.

                - Roo! – The taller one called. – I was wondering where you could be.

                - Are you ignoring me? – Jonghyun asked, looking at Minho playing with his pet. – Roo! Bad girl! Go away!

                - Your parents aren’t home? – Onew suddenly asked.

                - Ok, it was weird all of a sudden. – Jonghyun said, smiling to Onew. -  I don’t live with them. It’s just me and Roo.

                Before Onew could reply to the shorter man, Key stepped between them, lowering himself to caress the little dog which was still playing with Minho: - So Jonghyun, why are you still taking some classes with Minho? Aren’t you older than us?

                - Because I- Yah! Since when are we close enough for you to drop the honorifics? Just like you’ve said I’m older than you.

                - And what? Do you want me to call you ‘hyung’?

                - Yeah, it would be nice, because-

                - Oh, come on, you two! Stop this. Bummie, control yourself. – Key rolled his eyes at his hyung’s advice and stuck his tongue for Jonghyun who made a disgusted face. – I saw that, Kibum. Jonghyun is sick, can you, please, be nicer?

                The blond just crossed his arms over his chest and throw himself on Jonghyun’s couch, not bothering to answer the question: - You’re supposed to defend me, since you’re my best friend, not this midget.

                - Who are you calling midget?

                - You know what? I’m getting out of this house, I can’t deal with this. – Key sighed dramatically, getting up, ignoring Jonghyun. – I’m meeting Taemin. I’m gonna pick him at school.

                - Wait! – Suddenly Minho screamed, startling the others, while getting up, after letting go of Roo. – I’ll go with you.

                - What? Are you leaving me alone? Minho, I’m sick and it’s your fault, how can you do this to me? You’re abandoning me to go with him? – Jonghyun whined grabbing Minho’s arms like his life depended on that.

                - You’re overreacting.

                Minho rolled his eyes at his best friend and pulled his arm out of his gasp: - Kibum’s right. And you’re not alone! Onew hyung is staying with you. Aren’t you?

                Onew widened his eyes and gulped, not knowing what to do or say. His gaze shifted between Jonghyun and Kibum, who was waiting impatiently at the door. The blond was batting his foot on the floor with his arms crossed and was trying to tell him with his eyes to just agree with Minho so he could be out of this house.

                Finally, Onew nodded his head a little and smiled: - Y-Yes, I guess I can do that. After all, I still think it’s my fault that you’re sick.

                - Now that the little drama is over and the princess is good, can we go, Minho?

                - Yeah, of course. – Minho managed to say, feeling a little uncomfortable by the stare Jonghyun was shooting at him. – Thank you, Onew hyung. See you both tomorrow.

                - You’re not getting away with it, just because Onew hyung was kind enough to save you, you hear me, Minho? You’re an ungrateful bastard.

                With that, Minho laughed and walked to Kibum who was already outside of the door waiting for him. When he reached the blond, both of them waved to their hyungs and closed Jonghyun’s door before the later had the chance to continue his nagging. They were still laughing when they reached the street and started to walk the direction Key leaded them.

                - So, I’m officially meeting Taemin today! – Minho said with a big grin. One that Kibum didn’t like at all.

                - Yah! You’re too happy to meet my baby, are you sure you’re not interested in him or something?

                Minho chuckled and thrown his arm around Key’s shoulders: - Of course not. Why? Are you jealous or something?

                Kibum almost stopped walking when he heard what the other had said and prayed that he didn’t notice the little red tone which was now covering his cheeks. Deciding not to be affected by this, Kibum laughed sarcastically: - Jealous of what? Kim Kibum doesn’t get jealous.

                - Really? So what was that in Jonghyun’s house?

                - That was different, you jerk. – Key pushed Minho aside and slapped him on his forearm. – I was not being jealous. I was just stating a fact. He was supposed to be by my side.

                - Well, but hyung was right! You shouldn’t have dropped the honorifics.

                - I was just trying to annoy him. It was a little revenge from his call this morning.

                - Jealous. – Minho hummed, putting his arm back on Key’s shoulders.

                The blond rolled his eyes and smacked the other on his chest: - Shut up, you’re annoying me.