Day by Day

Inside my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jiyeon POV)

"JIYEON!" Sunhwa whispers into my ear. I shake my head to get her to move her head away from mine. 

 

"Yeah? What..?" I ask, still a little dazed. Sunhwa's not wearing her regular glasses. Today, her usual black, square glasses have been replaced by old, circle, grandma glasses. 

 

"Look. You've got to stop thinking about that Su...Sujin girl. Really. She's is his past. HIS PAST. You can be his future." Sunhwa puts her arms on my shoulder. "Okay? Stop thinking about her." She says this with such authority, it makes me laugh. Her grandma glasses weren't neccesarily helping either. In the front of the class, Ms. Kahi drones on and on about the importance of our country's past. 

 

"It's Suzy, Sunhwa. S-U-Z-Y. Suzy. Not Sujin. Baekji!" I knock her on her head, and start laughing again. She's such a baekji. It's a wonder how she's getting 90's in every subject. Oh right. Her tutors. Sunhwa spends more time with her tutors than any other person in the world. Even me. It's all an for Seungho. Her love for him was driving this crazy facade. Oh, the power of love. Or in this case, Sunhwa's crazy obsession with who she claimes to be the love of her life.

 

"Yeah, yeah whatever. But the point is, I want you to stop thinking about her. Didn't "The Loners" become a band like 3 years ago? I'm sure he's gotten over her by now. And if he hasnt, you can always help speed the proccess." Sunhwa winks at me. This girl! She's so naughty! To think people in this school think that she is a nerd. LOOOOOOOL.

 

"Sure, sure. I won't think about her. I am going to get L to like me no matter what." I say this to Sunhwa, but it feels like I'm saying this to assure myself more than her. Ever since our tteokboki talk three nights ago, I couldn't stop thinking about Suzy. Wow. I sound like a lesbian. Not that theres anything wrong with being one, but I'm just not one....Does this even make sense?

 

"Yah. Yah. Park Jiyeon! Stop talking. Come up here and answer this question!" Ms.Kahi catches me, and points her ruler at me. Her expression is scary. I force myself to walk up, and look at the board. SHOOT. I didn't know the answer. 

 

"Uhm.....the first president of South Korea was....." I start. I look at my peers, and all of a sudden they were all very interested in their books. s. I look at Sunhwa, who's busy shaping out letters with her body. S.....y....n..g...m..a..n....Okay. So, first name is Syngnam.

 

"Where are you looking?" Ms. Kahi yells, and turns to face the class. Sunhwa dives head first into her book, and face palms onto the desk. Ouch. 

 

"N-nothing. Uhm...Syngman. That's his first name." I answer confidenlty. I cross my hands across my chest. Didn't think I'd be able to answer, did you Ms.Kahi?

 

"What's his last name then?" Ms.Kahi mocks me, and cross her arms as well. Ugh. I hate this! Thankfully, I don't have to answer becase right then and there walks in Sunhwa's Pond Prince. 

 

"Hello, Sungsaeng-nim." Seungho bows down to the teacher, with a blue folder in his left hand. His eye bags are deeper than ever. Ms. Kahi nods in return. Tssk. What a rude biaaatch. "I have come to make an announcement on behalf of the student council." He starts, and faces the entire class. I smile at him. Sunhwa on the other hand, was covering her face with the history book upside down. LOL. THIS GIRL. 

 

"Psst. Sunhwa!" I whisper. I point to her book, and she realizes her mistake. Pabo. Her cheeks turn red, as she looks at Seungho with a love-stricken face. Was this how I look when I see L? If so, I need to stop asap. Sunhwa looks like an idiot. 

 

"Today is sunday. So, next saturday which is exactly 6 days from now, we will be having our school fair, as most of you probably know." Seungho raises his voice, and tightens the tie around his neck.This was starting to feel so formal. "Like every year, this year too our classes will be split into teams. This year, Class B25 which is you guys, and Class A11, which is us have been put together." He smiles at everyone, but I notice how he smiles at Sunhwa for an extra beat longer, than the rest of the people. Ou la la.

 

"So, what are we going to do this year? One-day cafe? Rides? Face painting?" Some girl with a pink bow in her head asks. OH GOD. NOT PINK AGAIN! I shudder in disgust. 

 

"Good question. This year, we have decided to do little game booths. Two students per booth. Some of them will be love booths, such as kiss the frog, and others will be games, or photography. Since, we all know the girls and guys want to be paired up together, we have made that possible this year." Seungho answers, and raises the blue folder proudly to the class. "In this, I have the list of the partners." He sticks his tongue out, and bites it. I guess he's really happy with his accomplishment as the student body president. Everyone in the class starts cheering, especially Sunhwa who's clapping her hands so fast, she looks like a seal.

 

"Tell us. Tell us!" The students start chanting, and I shift the weight of my body from my right leg to my left. Yes, do tell.

 

"Okay, First off. Class A11's Taeyeon with Class B25's Kwangsoo." Seungho announces, and I break out into a fit of laughter.

 

LOOOL. Taeyeon and Kwangsoo? I'm sure she'll be overjoyed. Kwangsoo was the loser of our school. Always last in all games, he's known for switching from team to team. Kwangsoo looks ecstatic as he fist-pumps into the air. Actually, our Kwangsoo is really similar to Running Man's Kwangsoo. Except our kwangsoo could never be an actor or a model. His family owns a chicken restaurant, and he is the chicken restaurants heir. Seungho goes on and on with the list when finally my name pops up. 

 

"Ah...yes. Class B25's Jiyeon.." He smiles at me, and hands me my schedule. Huh. I got the kissing booth. Grreeaat. Like I would kiss anyone. I'd leave this work to whoever was unlucky enough to be my partner. "and with Jiyeon is Class A11's L." Seungho finishes. 

 

GOODNESS GRACIOUS. DID I HEAR HIM RIGHT? L was my parnter? I COULD NOT BEAR TO SEE L IN A WORKERS OUTFIT, MUCH LESS SEE HIM KISS GIRLS. No way. I had to make our booth a failure. L IS MINE. Okay, maybe not mine yet. But still. Those pair of lips were only going to be sealed by mine. But I'm still excited. I could use this as an oppurtunity, to get to know him better. Sunhwa jumps on my back, and laughs.

 

"You got your dream!" She whispers, and I pull her off my back. Yes, yes, I did. "Who did I get, Seungho?" Sunhwa shyly asks. Her left leg starts making swirls on the flo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter