Breaking point

Inside my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Sunhwa POV)

 

I roll over to the side of my bed, taking my own sweet time to get up. Honestly, I was too afraid to go downstairs and find Donkey in my living room again. My mother had insisted he visit us again today for breakfast. As if he wasn’t already spoiled enough.

 

 

I grab my cellphone, and click on the blinking message icon. I had several messages from TaeTiSeo telling me to stay away from Donkey, a few nobody’s asking about me and Seungho, and a final message from Jiyeon. I punch in a few buttons, and hope it’s enough to calm Jiyeon down. 

 

 

“She’s freaking crazy.” I whisper to myself, as I force myself to stand. My hair’s a complete mess, and my hands are aching from all the drum playing yesterday. “Who the hell does Donkey think he is?” I grunt picking up the first pair of jeans I see. However, the pain in my arms make it impossible for me to lift my hands much less pull the jeans up. I give up half way, kicking the jeans away and remaining in my dirty pajamas. 

 

 

“Well, that’s that.” I open my door, and I see a smiling Donkey leaning on the wall, waving his ugly hand in the air. 

 

 

“Morning Sunshine!”

 

 

“ you.” I give him a middle finger, before purposely pushing past him and walking downstairs. 

 

 

“Sunhwa! Darling! Please go fix your hair, and dear lord, please brush your teeth. I just cannot allow for you to act so animalistic, especially when we have an important guest over.” Mother shoos me away, while trying to maintain a loving portrait of a happy mother and daughter for Donkey. “Now, Daehyun tell me more about your school life.”

 

 

“Great god, I’m out!” I run upstairs not waiting to hear her answer. I burst through the open door, and into my room, changing into the first decent pair of pants I see. I quickly brush my teeth and splash a few cupfuls of water on my face. I run back down the stairs to the surprise of Donkey and Mom. I grab my purse from the shoerack, and I wave at the gawking two. “Bye, guys! I’m off!”

 

 

“Sunhwa, come back!” I hear my mom yell, and I fasten my pace. I would not make it to the bus stop in time if she were to chase after me. 

                                                                                         

 

                                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Jiyeon POV)

 

I groan, throwing the skirt on my bed, onto the mound of clothes that I had checked. None of them were good enough. Now, I know I said I would get over Myungsoo but heck, I can still dress up nicely for a so called date, and not fall for him...right? I have to, I just can’t let myself fall for him again.

 

 

I hear a small knock on my door. It feels as if my brain has shut down, and I can only feel the beating of my heart get louder, and louder. “Coming!” I yell, sneaking one last glance at the mirror. My makeup was off, and my dress was truly lame, but I had no more time so this would have to suffice.

 

 

“Hi-” I greet him breathless. “First thing first, this is not a date.” I close the door behind me, and begin to walk, not bothering to wait for him.

 

 

“You look beautiful.” He catches up to me in two short strides, and chuckles. “You’re so stubborn Jiyeon-ah. But I guess thats what makes you even more appealing.” From the side of my eye, I can see him scan me from head to toe. A small, satisfied expression forms on his face...I’m not sure whether to feel flattered or insulted.

 

 

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” 

 

 

“Ha-ha, hilarious.” He ruffles his own hair. “I was just soaking up your beauty. It’s been a while since I’ve seen you glow like this.”

 

 

“You’re so freaking materialistic. So if I looked bad, you wouldn’t have fallen for me? Is that all you care about, L? Huh, is that you fell for Suzy? Cause she has bigger eyes than me? Cause her nose bridge is better than mine? Is my face lacking something?” By the time I’m done yelling, my entire body is trembling, and a small drop of sweat falls from my face. 

 

 

“Jiyeon-ah...I’m sorry.” His dark orbs stare into my soulless eyes, searching for a hint of forgiveness or heck any emotion, but I make sure to keep my expression mute. My heart aches as he looks down to the ground, drawing small circles with his foot. “I didn’t mean it that way. I was just trying to tell you how beautiful you looked.”

 

 

It takes every inch of my restrain to not pinch his chubby cheeks, and kiss him on the forehead, telling him that I wasn’t angry anymore. But I have too much pride to let him off so easily.

 

 

“Whatever.” I walk away, wanting to leave him behind, but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter