It's all an act

Inside my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jiyeon POV)

Ugh. Where was Sunhwa? Why was she taking so long? I put down the milk carton that my anonymous fan had sent, making sure that it landed on the right side of my desk, away from all my precious makeup. I look around in the classroom, and I spot a short girl at the corner of the room staring at me. Instantly, I walk towads her. 

 

"Yah, where's Sunhwa?" I peer down at her, and I can see that she's trembling. She takes a few moments to respond, and when she lifts her head up, I can see the blush on her cheeks. What the heck? Was I turning girls into lesbians as well? I cluck my tongue, my head shaking in disgust. I mean I don't have anything wrong with females liking each other, but this kind of attention, I could do without. 

 

"Uh, S-s-s-unhwa has detention with Daehyun so s-s-he'll be late." The girl stutters, covering her cheeks as she tries to answer my question.

 

I give her a dry smile before heading back to my desk. The students near me stop what they're doing to watch me. Suddenly, I feel very self-conscious and so I pull out my trusty mirror from my bag. A small crowd now forms around my desk, and a few gasps arise when I start appyling to lipgloss to my lips. I slam my mirror down on the desk, and the crowd gasps again. 

 

"Never seen a girl wear make-up before?" I grind my teeth, trying not to throw the mirror at each and every one of their stupid face. Like its hard enough being a model, and seeing my own face on the cover of random magazines, I don't need people oggling me every second of every day. "If you guys keep staring, I'm going to charge you."

 

The crowd immediately dispers. The males going back to their games, and the females just sigh before returning to their gossip. Honestly, it's really hard being Ms.Popular but it has its perks. Like I get first pick on all the boys in school, but it doesn't make much difference since I only like L. Ah, L. Where can I start. You know when you get like a tingly feeling in your stomach when you see your crush? That's the same for me when I see L perform, only it's more than a crush so my feelings are a million times for intense. I can still remember the exact moment I fell for him. The snow was falling down, and my knees were red. He wrapped his jacket over my knees and...and..

 

"Are you sure this is the right method?"

 

"Of course I am! My sister tried it and she says it really works! Her long-time crush is now her boyfriend!"

 

My ears perk up at the mention of long-time crush. This is exactly what I need. I slightly cough, so that the attention is averted to me, and the girls start to smile. "Jiyeon-shi, are you okay?"

 

"Fine, fine." I reply nonchalantly. The thick magazine in the grasp of one of the students hands catches my eye. "What is this method you guys were talking about?"

 

The two girls giggle before handing me the book. "It's called the push and pull method, Jiyeon-shi."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I stare down at my book, fighting the urge to look at his beautiful face. I can hear the murmurs coming from the crowd of girls, that had gathered since he came to talk to me. I sneak a peek, and see Soyu walking towards us, holding a mirror in one hand, and a leather bag in the other. She gives L a back hug.

 

"Oppa! I have to go to badminton practice with my friends, so I'll see you tomorrow okay!?" Soyu whispers in L's ear. I dont know why she's even bothering to whisper, when I can clearly hear her. Or maybe that was her goal. To make me jealous. Tch. Girls these days.

 

"Oh, okay! Bye bye!" L smiles at Soyu, and the rest of the girls. They squeal in joy, and he watches them leave. UGH. Why was he such a flirt! He was so cute, but why did he have to be such a player. I glare at him, till he finally notices me again. Realizing what I'd just done, I return back to my book. Push, and pull Jiyeon. Push and Pull.

 

"Are you waiting for someone" He tries again.

 

"Sunhwa" I retort, still focusing on my book. My heart's beating so loud, I'm afraid he'll be able to hear it.

 

"Me too." He announces . I look up to see him. Why was he waiting for Sunhwa? "I mean, I'm waiting for Daehyun, who's with Sunhwa so technically, I'm waiting for Sunhwa to come too" He explains, using his hands for every word. It's so cute, I have to bit my lip from smiling.

 

"Okay." I reply. This is turning out to be the most awkward conversation in the world. Soon, the foyer empties. The students all wave goodbye to each other, and pass by us either to stare or to glare.

 

"So, what are you doing." L says sitting down next to me. He's so close, I can touch him without moving more than an inch. It's getting hard for me to breathe.

 

"Reading." I reply curtly. At this rate, he'd be bored of me, instead of wanting me. All of a sudden, a boy came running inside the foyer with his bag in one hand, and flowers in the other. His hair was a complete mess, and his glasses were about to fall off his face. Still panting, he came towards us.

 

"Park...Jiyeon. I pledge my complete love and devotion to you." He went down on one knee, and brought the flowers to my face. I'm in shock. This is getting ridiculous. I can't even st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter