A different start

Inside my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo laid on his bed, his head resting comfortably on his pillow. He had been in this position for the past four hours. He knew he would have to get up soon, but his thoughts were beginning to consume his entire day.

 

 

Just then, he thought of Suzy, and the long text she’d sent last night. Suzy was offered another modeling deal for Louis Vuitton in France, and she had accepted it. Rather than being hurt by her choice, he felt relieved. Which he felt he wasn’t supposed to. Suzy had been his first love, and when they were dating, he felt he would never be able to go.

 

 

But here he was. Laying on his bed, while Suzy was probably getting ready for her flight. He wondered what Jiyeon was doing at this time?

 

 

He shook his head. He can’t be thinking about her right now. His maybe-girlfriend was leaving the country, and he had to decide if he wanted her to stay or not. Should he chase after her? Or should he let her pursue her dream?

 

 

He ponders what Suzy would have done if their situation was reversed. Would she beg him to stay? Or would she find another guy to replace him?

 

 

“Jiyeon would probably sacrifice our relationship for my dreams.” 

 

 

He suddenly gets up. He can’t be thinking these thoughts! It’s wrong of him! His shoulders sag. As much as he disliked being indecisive, it was all he had been after Jiyeon’s incident. He felt guilty for all his actions. Maybe if he had stayed with Jiyeon, she wouldn’t be the way she was right now. How did he dare to face Jiyeon even after he knew the truth?

 

 

“Sorry, Jiyeon-ah. Oppa is a bad guy.”

 

 

                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Park Jiyeon! Tilt your head. To the left, left!” The photographer barks at her. She was already feeling sour, and being ordered around so early in the morning was not helping.

 

 

“Okay.” She mumbles emotionlessly. 

 

She had slept late last night after finding out about Suzy’s decision to go to France. One part of her envied Suzy, for being able to leave Seoul and for being able to accomplish so many things at such a young age. The other part of her hated Suzy. She was leaving her relationship with L at such a awkward spot. This was cowardly of her. Jiyeon believes Suzy should just end things quickly and cleanly.

 

 

“Take 5.” Jiyeon’s manager yells, and pushes past the crowd that had formed in front of her. Everyone was eyeing Jiyeon in her white gown. Although she hated shooting outdoors, today was an exception. After hearing insults day in and out from her classmates and netizens, it was nice to see some of her fans.

 

 

“Park Jiyeon’s pretty!”

 

 

“Noona, I love you!”

 

 

Jiyeon raises her hand in acknowledgement, and slightly bows. “I love you all too!”

 

 

The small crowd screams in delight, high-fiving each other before squealing her name again. 

 

 

“Jiyeon, Suzy’s here to see you.” Her manager points at a distant figure, lurking inside the nearby cafe. “She said she has some news for you.”

 

 

Jiyeon nods her head. Then she proceeds to walk past the crew, and across the street and enters the darkly-light cafe. “Suzy?”

 

 

The tall girl jumps at the sight of the elder. “Unnie! You were so cool today! White is definitely your colour.”

 

 

Jiyeon shrugs. “Thanks. Uh, Manager Oppa said you had something to tell me?” Jiyeon didn’t want to seem too eager, but she couldn’t help it. She was genuinely curious as to what Suzy had for her.

 

 

“Okay then.” Suzy reaches into her purse, and pulls out a white envelope. “These are forms for the 2014-2015 runway shows for Louis Vuitton. As you know I was actually requested by one of the head fashion designers, so I’m already on the list.” Suzy flips her hair in an exaggerated manner. “Anyway, there are still a few spots left. I think you would make a good model for them. You’d just have to send them an audition video, and you can leave the rest to me.”

 

 

Jiyeon is still. Suzy had spoken at such a fast pace, Jiyeon had hardly understood what she’d said. But the words were starting to process into her brain. Jiyeon’s eyes widen at the thought of her walking down the runway, her body covered in Louis Vuitton from head to toe. She wants to scream YES on the top of her lungs, but she had commitments. She couldn’t just leave Korea as she pleased.

 

 

“I don’t know Suzy. I mean I have Etude House, and all. Plus I need permission from my parents, and what’s the chance I’ll even get chosen? I’m not even sure if I can part from Sunhwa for a few days, let’s forget an entire year.”

 

 

Suzy shakes her head. “You don’t need to make your choice yet. I’m leaving at 4 pm today, but you have until the end of this year to decide. And as for the job, you’ll get it. If I recommend you, which I will, then you making it in, will be a piece of cake.”

 

 

Jiyeon couldn’t believe her ears. Suzy was willing to do that much for her? She had underestimated how deep their friendship meant to the younger. Suddenly, Jiyeon felt bad for not treating Suzy better while she had stayed, but how could Jiyeon blame herself? Suzy was Jiyeon’s rival in more than one way, and also the reason for her break up.

 

 

“I’m not sure, Suzy-ah. How about I’ll get back to you on it?” 

 

 

Suzy shrugs in response. “It’s your loss if you don’t. I really think you should do.”

 

 

“And I think you should at least apologize for leaving me after all we’ve been through. I mean fifth place out of five participants in the relay race is no easy feat. I’m sure our entire school was really proud of us, especially Taeyeon.” Jiyeon takes a step towards the smiling girl. “I’m gonna miss you. Take care, okay?”

 

 

Suzy embraces Jiyeon, her arms wrapping tightly around Jiyeon’s small waist. “Unnie, I’ll miss you too! Eat well, and earn lots of money okay? Items in Paris are really expensive a-”

 

 

“I never said I was coming!”

 

 

Suzy winks. “Whatever, you might.” She pats Jiyeon on the back. “Good luck with Junhyung or whoever it is that you like, and tell Sunhwa Unnie to go for Daehyun! I think they suit each other more.”

 

 

Jiyeon sighs, letting go of the Suzy. “Me too, Suzy-ah. Me too.”

 

 

 

                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sunhwa wants to shoot herself. Over and Over.

 

 

“Oh god, oh god!” Seungho exclaims, as he watches the gory scene unravel right in front of his eyes. The slasher on the huge screen, lifts his shiny blade before letting it sink into his innocent victim. Seungho gapes at the next scene, unknowingly squeezing his arm rest while anticipating the slasher’s next move.

 

 

Sunhwa sighs loudly, squirming in her seat, making big, unnecessary gestures but he doesn’t notice. She gives him a dirty look, before looking back at the screen.

 

 

Now she wants to shoot him as well.

 

 

Her cellphone buzzes, distracting her from the scene playing in front of her. It’s a message from Donkey. 

 

 

Wanna chill at the park or something? I’m dying of boredom.

 

 

She so badly wants to reply with a capital yes, but she was here on a so called date with Seungho. She can’t remember when the last time she had fun was. Dates with Seungho were b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter