Stop it.

Inside my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Sunhwa POV)

I wonder. Who does Donkey think I should date? It's probably Seungho, right?

"Sunhwa! Aren't you so excited! The contest is tonight! I just know you guys are going to be perfect!" Jiyeon smiles at me, and hands me the pamphlets. 

Yeah. Yeah. I should be excited, but I'm just ready to get this over with. All the studying, and working is exhausting me. My tutor is really going all out with the homework, and tests. I might as well skip this grade with the speed that we are going with.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I purse my lips and scan the pamphlets. Donkey and L's faces were stuck on the center, and that, my people, is enough to bring about 400 fan girls from all over Seoul racing. 

"Here you go!" Jiyeon smiles at the people passing by, and hands them the pamphlets. "Please come!" She hands another to a small girl, and the girl returns her smile. 

Leave it to Jiyeon to advertise things so well. I'm shocked that no-one has recognized her yet, though. 

"Oh, aren't you Park Jiyeon the model?" A tall, guy asks her. "Oh my god, I'm a really big fan!" He smiles at her eagerly, and takes a big gulp. 

Scratch that thought. Jiyeon's face is too beautiful to not stand out.

"Ah, really? Thank you!" She smiles at the guy, and hands him a brochure. "Be sure to come to this showdown, tonight? Okay?" She bats her eyelashes at him, and I know for sure that he's sold.

Theres only two guys in the world that I have met that haven't listened to Jiyeon's instructions after her eyelash show; her dad, and L. Although, I'm not sure getting dust in her eye counts as her batting her eyelashes but nevertheless. He didn't really seem affected. Maybe a little shy, but no different from the usual.

"Well, we can count on him to bring his friends, so we have about 5 more guests added to the revenue." I cheer, and high-five Jiyeon. "And if our class mates come, which they will for L and Donkey, we'll have the whole place booked!" Regardless of whether we win the show-down, our turn out was going to be a success.

"Oh my god, this is so exciting!" Jiyeon screams, and positions her hand over my shoulder. "So, did you invite Seungho?"

Oh. That.

"Uh....Seungho?" I asked, tugging on his uniform. He turned around, and as soon as he saw me, his expression hardened.

"Uhm. What brings you here?" His eyebrows furrowed as he spoke.

"Nothing, really." I lied, and trying to cover the awkward silence between us. "I, uh...I was just wondering if your free today?"

"Why?" Seungho asked, looking confused.

"Well, there's this show..." I said handing him the pamphlet. His eyes scanned the paper, and within seconds his lips curved into a frown.

"Is this a joke?" He spoke gruffly, probably trying to hide his anger. "Why are you showing this to me?"

"No, no!" I choked, trying to convince him that I was not teasing him. "Look, I can't say anything now but would you please come?" I begged, and took a step towards him.

Suddenly, his frown dissappeared, and a light smile took over, before he supresses his smile. "I can't promise anything."

 

"No, no! It's okay. But if you have the time, please come!" I quip, my voice getting stronger with hope with each word. 

 

"Okay, well...I gotta go." Seungho said, taking a last look at my face before turning to exit the room. "Wait." He panted, returning to my presence. "You're.....not dating Daehyun by any chance, are you?"

 

"WHAT?"I screamed. Ew. What in the world. "No. No. No. There is NOTHING between him, and me!" I explain, raising my hands up to make a big X. "Nothing!"

 

"That's good." Seungho muttered with an expression less face, before he left the room.

 

"Yeah. Sorta." I lie, and occupy myself with the piece of string on my uniform's skirt. 

 

"That's great! I'm sure he'll come!" Jiyeon encourages me, and pulls my hand away from my skirt. "It's almost time to get ready! Why don't we go first to the venue?" She offers with a smile, and I know I can't refuse.

 

"Sure, sure." I smile, and let Jiyeon take me past the countless of bodies in Hongdae, towards the venue.

                                                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jiyeon, is this a bit too much?" I whine, while trying to pull the leather skirt lower. "Seungho might come! What is he going to think when he sees this?" I mutter, while holding onto the pack of chocolate biscuits in my hand.

 

"That's the catch. He won't be thinking. He'll be too busy blown away by your beauty." She winks at me, and applies hot pink lipgloss to her lips.

 

I scan myself in the mirror, and I can't help but think that from every angle, I look like one of those punks on the streets. The oversized alien head shirt, tucked into my leather skirt isn't helping either. Neither are Jiyeon's creepers on my feet. Or her spiked headband on my head. Or her signature "smokey eyes" look on my eyes. You get the idea. I am a living goth doll.

 

"How come your not dressed like me?" I continue to whine.

 

It isn't fair. Jiyeon looks adoarble in her oversized jean jacket, and floral dress. Just like a cute, china doll. And then there's me. I'm starting to find myself scary.

 

"Sunhwaa ya!" Jiyeon screams, as I try to put my glasses back on. These contacts are making my eyes itch. "NO!" She hits my arm, and puts my glasses the back into my case. "I'm not letting you w-"

 

"Ah, ah! Daehyun!" L yells, as he barges into our makeup room. Behind him, I can see Donkey's evil smirk.

 

What a ert.

 

"Oh! Jiyeon!" L exclaims as he notices Jiyeon, and instantly covers his eyes. "I-I'm s-s-sorry. I didn't mean to b..b-barge..." He stutters, and his face turns redder every second.

 

"It's okay. She's fully clothed." I inform him, and remove his hands from his eyes. Reluctantly, L looks at Jiyeon, who also seems to be getting redder by the minute.

 

"Don't worry. We don't mind." Jiyeon smiles sweetly at him, and L returns her smile with more enthusiaism than an energizer bunny.

 

"What love birds." Donkey scoffs, and leans at the pole located at the side of the room.

 

THIS GUY. He's going to ruin the moment for the two.

 

"Yah, yah. Jung Daehyun, don't you have to show me the thing?" I blurt, and pull him towards the door.

 

"What thing? Have you gone cr-" He tries to ask me, but I stuff a biscuit into his mouth.

 

"You stupid fool!" I yell at him, when we reach the stage. "You were going to ruin the moment for them!" I point my finger at him, and the spike bracelet in my hand jiggles as I do. Donkey looks at me for a second, before he presses his lips together, and wrinkles his nose.

 

"Are you wearing makeup?" He asks me, almost incredously. "You are, aren't you?"

 

"Why not? Is there a rule that I can't?" I challenge him. "I can do whatever I want, okay?"

 

"You look like a street kid!" He shrills, and scans my outfit. "What's with this skirt, huh? You want to attract rapists or something?" He continues to scold me. "And this....this...eye..make..up whatever, its called. Why is the point of the eyeliner, so high? What are you, trying to look like a cat?" He pulls on my fake eyelashes, and it easily falls off.

 

What the actual . Jung Donkey has just outlamed himself.

 

"YAH! Give that back!" I scream, and take the eyelash back. I adjust the eyelash back on, and then turn to glare at him. "I like this look. It's very...grunge. Yeah, grunge."

 

"But..I don't." He sighs, and shoves his hands down his pocket.

 

Excuse me?

 

"What did you say?" I stare at him, with my eyes wide open.

 

"What? I didn't say anything."

 

"No. No, I'm sure I heard you say something." I keep insisting.

 

"Look, I did-" Donkey never gets to finish his sentence.

 

"Yah, Jung Daehyun. Long time no see!" A loud voice booms from across the stage.

 

I instantly turn to face the voice. It's from an average height guy, with cute hair. On his sides are two men. One, tall foreigner, and another korean male with similar height to him.

 

"Busker Busker." Donkey acknowledges them with a nod. "Are you guys ready to lose the battle?" He grins cockily at them. 

 

"Tsch, yeah right. It should be you getting ready to lose the battle." The tall foreigner rebuttals. "Who's this lady?" He says, finally noticing my existence.

 

"Oh nothing. Just our newest member." Donkey introduces me to them, and we make small talk.

 

"Oh, right. Is this the girl who you saved?" The short korean guy asks, smiling at Daehyun.

 

Who are they talking about? Did I just hear Daehyun and the word "save" in the same sentence? The only one who ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter