Facing Reality

Inside my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jiyeon POV)

 

“Class 2 A,B,C in the first bus!” Sunhwa shouts and runs her fingers through her ruffled hair.

 

“Class 3 A,B,C in the second bus!” Seungho yells, and hands his clipboard to Sunhwa.

 

“What’s she doing with Seungho she has Daehyun?” Hyorin mutters to Soyu. “What a flirt!”

 

“You’re one to talk.” I snort. This girl has the nerve to judge my friend. I could literally laugh my off, but then I don’t want to seem like a lunatic. Although, the majority of the students already think I am.

 

“She wasn’t . She was harassed, but I saved her before it got serious. Don’t spread lies, Hyorin-ah.” Junhyung suddenly appears by my side. Smiling as if today’s the best day of my life.

 

“Don’t be so mean, Junhyunggie!” Hyorin pouts, but soon she gets the hint. She gives me one last dirty look, before leaving for the other bus with Soyu.

 

“Thanks, chum. I owe you one.”

 

“More like a million.” He peers into my bag. “Did you bring any snacks? Prawn chips? Chocolate?”

 

“Go away!” I push him. “I don’t want to ruin my reputation. Besides, it seems like Ms.Kahi needs you.” I point to the frantic Ms.Kahi who looks like she’s about to die. “She’s been screaming your name for the past 10 minutes. What did you now?”

 

“Oh , she must have found out about my graffiti. See you later, Ji.” He squeezes my shoulder, and runs off in the other direction, most likely wanting to avoid the raging teacher. Her ruler looks even more scary than usual, if that’s even possible.

 

I drag my black suitcase towards the busy Sunhwa, and the overly cheery Daehyun.

 

Sunhwa looks at her clipboard. “Jiyeon-ah, I placed you next to Daehyun, so you two will be sitting in 24 C and D.”

 

“Jiyeon, you lucky kid! You get to sit next to me!” Daehyun casually swings his arm over my shoulder, and steers me towards our bus. “Do you know how many girls would die to even be within 15 meters of my presence, and you get to sit next to me for three entire hours!”

 

I roll my eyes. “And, I assume Sunhwa must be the luckiest girl to have kissed you?”

 

Daehyun looks to the right, obviously avoiding my gaze. His cheeks lift, and I can tell he’s smiling. And these two can still find the guts to deny their feelings.

“Hey, did you see L?”

 

I gape at him.

 

“Are you seriously going to ask me about L’s whereabouts?”

 

“Oh!” His eyes widen. “Oh, ! Sorry, I didn’t mean it like that, like I mean..”

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay.” I nudge him. “No need to cry a river.”

 

“I think that’s him.” SUnhwa points at the person behind me.

 

L is running towards us, with the wind blowing his hair back, exposing his forehead. A little giggle escapes my lips.

 

I’d never seen his forehead before.

 

“Oppaa!” A high-pitched wail pierces through our ears. L stops running, and turns around. He starts waving his hands in the air, as if he’s motioning for someone to come.

 

Out of one of the trees appears a dolled up Suzy wearing 4 inch heels, and a full length dress. Uh, does she think we’re heading to a ball?

 

“What the heck!?” Daehyun and Sunhwa yell in unison.

 

In the far distance, I can see Suzy’s eyes turn into mini crescent moons as she smiles at him.

 

The guys behind me, start whooping and jumping in joy. Suzy has been recieving this reception from ALL, and I mean ALL the males in this school, ever since she enrolled. Even me, pre-incident was not this popular. Maybe, 'cause I was a regular, and she's still new, and shiny. But whatever, it is, I never got this kind of cheering. But I didn't need it either. I had him, and that was all that mattered.

 

“Oppa! Look! I stepped in mud!” Suzy pouts, and points to her pink heels dipped in wet dirt. “Waaahh! This was Gucci, you know?”

 

“Gucci?” L widens his eyes. “It’s okay, babe. I’ll help you.” He gets on his knees, and pulls out a handkerchief from his pocket. Ever so delicately, he uses the cloth to wipe the dirt off her shoes.

 

I try to swallow my spit, but the strange feeling in my heart stops me.

 

L looks up, finally noticing us and instantly stops touching Suzy.

 

“Oh, Jiyeon.”

 

“L, I didn’t know you decided to become a servant? Why, had you told me earlier I would have hired you first! Suzy, tell me how much do you pay him?” Daehyun smiles at the girl, but even through my blurry vision, I can tell how elastic it looks.

 

L’s jaw stays firm, neither smiling nor frowning.

 

Suzy looks up from her shoe. “Aha, Oppa you’re so funny! He’s my boyfriend, of course he’s going to do this for me!”

 

It takes all my strength for me to not slap them both.

 

“Hmmmm.” Daehyun replies. “See ya later Suzy, and her butler.”

 

Daehyun forces me to turn around, and winks.

 

                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You’d think after suffering through two traumatic events, god would allow me to find some peace. But peaceful was the last word I’d use to describe the ride.

 

L and Suzy sat two seats in front of us, and every now and then, we’d have the privilege of hearing L tell Suzy a joke, or Suzy insisting on feeding L.

 

“You know, if I was Myungsoo, I’d choose you over Suzy anyday.”

 

“Thanks.” I pucker my lips. “But it’s not he’s going to listen to you.”

 

“That is true.” Daehyun sighs. “But you know, Suzy left him once. She can probably leave him again.”

 

“Like he’d let her.” I scoff. “Can’t you see the sparkles in his eyes, whenever he’s with her? I never got that. Sure, we kissed, and we had fun. But if I compare myself to her, I don’t think he ever sincerely enjoyed being with me.”

 

“Well, don’t feel too bad. L is kind of on the stupid side, anyways. Suzy was the first girl who ever saw him for who he was, whether it was her innocence or her ignorance, whatever it was, it worked on him like magic. Before her, countless of other girls tried to get close to him, but he just shooed them away. But from Day 1, Suzy stuck. Like glue too, dang was she persistent.”

 

“I wish I had that much courage.”

 

“You do! Remember that time, afterschool when one of your uncle fans called L ugly, and you told him that it was him who needed plastic surgery?”

 

I chuckle. “That fan always hates on my close guy friends, I saw him the other day, and he said that you need to fix your nose again, and that Seungho looks like he never gets sleep.”

 

“Seungho does need sleep. And working out wouldn’t hurt either.”

 

“Sounds like somebody’s jealous. You do know, Sunhwa is still madly in love with him right?”

 

“Uh yeah. WOW!” He points to a lame patch of grass in the middle of the barren land, we’re passing by. “LOOK GRASS!”

 

I roll my eyes over his obvious attempt at trying to change the subject.

 

“Aha, Oppa!” Suzy hits L lightly on his chest. “You’re such a loser!”

 

“Yeep, a loser that’s only in love with you.” He touches the tip of her nose.

 

It feels like he just described my situation.

 

                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Has everyone finished packing their stuff?”

 

“YES MAM!” Daehyun shouts.

 

“Not you, daedae.” Sunhwa sticks her tongue at him. “Seungho, it seems we’re ready to hike. Group A & B, with us! Group C & D, with Jimin and whoever the other leader is!”

 

I pick up a twig from the ground. L is in my group. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter