Carnival Kisses

Blush and Fall [DISCONTINUED]

 

“J-Jongin? W-Where are we going?” Kyungsoo asked. When the two of them had exited the ferris wheel, Jongin wordlessly grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand and lead him somewhere unfamiliar to him. It was out of the carnival’s normal place, but it was still near it. Jongin had brought them to a small park, with only a swing set, sandbox, and some benches. The younger sat down on one of the benches and motioned Kyungsoo to sit next to him. Kyungsoo hesitantly sat about half a foot away from Jongin. 

 

The other boy rolled his eyes, “Come closer hyung. You know I don’t bite.” Kyungsoo bit his lip as he scooted closer. His grip tight on the penguin. Jongin chuckled.

 

“W-Why are we here Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“It’s quieter and more private.” Jongin replied simply.

 

“Um, o-okay...” Kyungsoo trailed off. There wasn’t an awkward rift between them, but Kyungsoo found the silence unsettling. He could hear the breeze blowing in between them, Jongin’s steady breathing, and much to his dismay, he could hear his heart beating hard.

 

Jongin hummed, “You interest me Kyungsoo-hyung.”

 

“H-Huh?” Kyungsoo was taken aback by the comment.

 

Jongin looked at his hyung, “One minute you’re freaking out about how people are staring at you, and the next minute you’re fawning over cotton candy and fireworks.” Jongin smiled gently at Kyungsoo. “It’s very cute.”

 

Kyungsoo blushed and hid his face behind his penguin, “You don’t mean that.”

 

“What makes you think that?”

 

“B-Because no one does.” Kyungsoo whispered.

 

Instead of replying, Jongin asked, “Have you ever kissed someone?”

 

“Excuse me?” Kyungsoo peeked from behind his penguin.

 

“Have you ever been kissed hyung?” Jongin reiterated. Kyungsoo stayed silent. “It’s a yes or no question.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head and lowered the stuffed animal, “N-No...”

 

“Really hyung?”

 

He frowned, “Why do you sound so surprised?”

 

“Well-”

 

“Jongin, look at me. I’m not necessarily the type of guy girls come lining up to kiss you know.” Kyungsoo said almost bitterly. 

 

Jongin looked at him, “Do you want me to teach you how to kiss?”

 

Kyungsoo eyes widened, “What?”

 

“I can teach you how to kiss,” Jongin continued, “So when a pretty girl comes around, you know how kiss her.”

 

“B-But,” Kyungsoo glanced around, “We’re both guys!”

 

Jongin raised an eyebrow, “So is that a yes?”

 

“I-I...” Kyungsoo trailed off and averted his gaze somewhere else. Jongin cupped his chin with his finger so Kyungsoo would be at least facing him. The latter froze instantly, but his chin was on fire.

 

“Step one, make sure she knows you’re about to kiss her, especially if it’s your first kiss.”  Kyungsoo gulped as he hesitantly looked up at Jongin. The latter’s eyes were staring deeply at him, and it almost scared him how dark Jongin’s eyes were.

 

“Step two,” Jongin said quietly, “Make sure you are the right mood and position to do so.” He wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo’s tense shoulders and pulled him in even closer. Jongin didn’t miss Kyungsoo’s hitched breath.

 

“Step three.” Kyungsoo hated how close Jongin was. He shut his eyes in embarrassment as he felt his cheeks heat up again. “Draw yourself closer but not exactly touch, just to keep the anticipation high.”

 

Kyungsoo could feel Jongin’s hot breath on his face, on his nose, on his lips. He squeezed his poor penguin harder and tried so hard not to swallow the nervous lump in his throat. He knew his breathing was erratic right now, and he prayed Jongin didn’t notice. God, why was Jongin so close? The urge to push him away was there, but Kyungsoo didn’t have the strength to carry on through.

 

“Step four,” Jongin continued smoothly, “make sure your partner is relaxed. You want this to be a special moment for both of you.” Jongin gently Kyungsoo’s heated cheek with his thumb. Kyungsoo tried to calm down, but his heart wouldn’t allow him to. He almost wished this was some kind of joke, Jongin would suddenly start laughing, teasing how expectant Kyungsoo looked. Of course, he would be hurt, but it’d be better that way instead of waiting nervously for the next step.

 

“Step five...” Oh, God. Was this really going to happen? “Lean in close...” Kyungsoo droned out whatever Jongin was saying once he felt the latter’s soft lips on his. Kyungsoo tried not to splutter indignantly and only left his lips in a tight line. He had no idea what to do.

 

“Step six.” He felt the other’s mouth move lightly against his lips. Jongin was totally making this up, Kyungsoo decided as he felt face burn from embarrassment and lack of knowledge. “Let the more experienced partner lead the way.” Jongin parted his lips slightly and gently tugged on Kyungsoo’s upper lip. He waited for Kyungsoo to respond and once he did, Jongin smiled. He could feel Kyungsoo’s nervousness, but the fact that he was actually trying meant a lot. Kyungsoo was extremely hesitant, like a child’s first time in a swimming pool. But Jongin was the patient parent. Although it wasn’t Jongin’s first kiss, for some reason he couldn’t shake the feeling of something magical happening. He counted in his head for five seconds before pulling back slowly and not missing the low whimper the escaped from Kyungsoo’s throat.

 

“So how was it?” Jongin asked. Kyungsoo eyes snapped open. He put his fingers to his lips and even though it was dark out, Jongin noticed the other’s evident blush on his face. Kyungsoo quickly glanced at Jongin whose face had a slight smirk and immediately covered his mouth with the inside of his elbow and looked away from Jongin.

 

“How was it hyung?” Jongin repeated. Kyungsoo tried not to think that Jongin was teasing him, but he knew he was. He closed his eyes again and wished that he would disappear from the scene because truth was that, yes, yes he actually liked the kiss. It felt nice, but God it was so embarrassing to say. Jongin was just a friend, dammit. A friend nice enough to help poor, ugly Kyungsoo out. Nothing more than that although Kyungsoo may’ve wanted more.

 

But why was his heart beating so fast? Kyungsoo squeezed his eyes tighter as if that would stop the drumming in his chest. His face was on fire, and he hated how it was so obvious to Jongin. He couldn’t breathe correctly. Why was this his life? Kyungsoo wanted to die in embarrassment.

 

“Hyung,” Jongin spoke softly. He gently removed Kyungsoo arm away from his face, but the former faced the other way, “It’s okay. You don’t have to answer. I was just teasing you.” He stood up and held Kyungsoo’s hand to help him up. “Do you want to go now?”

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip before taking Jongin’s hand. The younger smiled at him and lead the way back to the carnival, hand-in-hand. He walked a stride or two behind from Jongin as he kept the penguin close to his mouth, almost savoring the bits of warmth still dancing on his own lips. He couldn’t help the crawling smile on his face.

 

As they reached the carnival, it was starting to die down. There weren’t many young children running around anymore. It was mainly teenagers screwing around or boyfriends showing off to their girlfriends. They past the game booth where you would have to sink the basketballs in the hoops. The person working there looked up and gave Kyungsoo a knowing look and wink. Kyungsoo didn’t understand why, but he felt his face get even hotter. Jongin stayed quiet the whole time as he lead Kyungsoo out of the carnival, never letting go of their hands. When they reached the car, Jongin strolled over to where the passenger seat was and opened the door.

 

“For the lovely young man.” Jongin cooed. 

 

Kyungsoo blushed and pushed Jongin’s smirking face away, “Shut up.” Jongin only laughed as he closed the door. Jongin sat in the driver’s seat and took a big sigh. “W-What was that for?” Kyungsoo asked nervously. Did he not have fun?

 

Jongin smiled and looked at Kyungsoo with gleaming eyes, “Today was fantastic.” Kyungsoo tried to bite back his smile. “Especially since I was with you.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He resorted staring at the window to hide at his embarrassment. Jongin only giggled and started up the car. Kyungsoo was thankful Jongin chose not to (because surely he was dying to). 

 

During the drive, the sound made was the radio playing soft music and the car’s constant noise. Kyungsoo had his fingers on his lips. Jongin’s warmth hadn’t left yet. He slightly glanced over to Jongin who had a big grin on his face. The latter looked over to Kyungsoo, and he blushed at turned the other way again. 

 

Jongin chuckled, “What are you thinking about hyung?”

 

“H-Huh?”

 

“You seem to be deep in thought,” he noted, “What’s up?”

 

Kyungsoo removed his fingers from his mouth, “I-I... N-Nothing...”

 

“Hyung, don’t lie to me.” Jongin teased.

 

“Jongin, I don’t want to say it!” Kyungsoo wailed. He buried his face in his penguin. His face was burning up yet again.

 

Jongin snickered, “So you were thinking of something.”

 

“I-I wasn’t!” Kyungsoo stammered from behind the penguin.

 

“You can tell me hyung,” Jongin continued with an evil glint in his eye, “I won’t tease you.”

 

“You, you will!” 

 

“I promise I won’t.”

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before whispering, “I liked it.”

 

Jongin cocked an eyebrow, “Liked what?”

 

Kyungsoo stared at his feet, “T-The k-ki-” He couldn’t finish his sentence as he covered his face in embarrassment. The younger smiled but didn’t say anything. Instead he removed his right hand off the steering wheel and let it rest on Kyungsoo’s knee, having his thumb rub the outside of Kyungsoo’s knee. The boy froze and tried not to hyperventilate.

 

Jongin didn’t let go until they reached Kyungsoo’s apartment. Kyungsoo noticed Sooyoung’s car in the parking lot, and the lights in his house back up the data. He looked at the car’s clock at it was already 9:30. Jongin pulled up in front of the apartment and took the key out of the ignition.

 

“So how was you date at the carnival?” Jongin asked with a beaming face.

 

Kyungsoo blushed slightly, “I-It was good.”

 

Jongin gasped, “Just good?”

 

“It was great,” Kyungsoo added quickly, “Fantastic. I-I had a lot of fun.” More blush ensued. “Thanks Jongin.”

 

Jongin Kyungsoo’s hair, “No problem, hyung. I liked watching you smile.”

 

Kyungsoo hid behind the penguin again, “W-Well, I better g-get going now-”

 

“Wait, hyung.” Kyungsoo’s hand stopped at the handle of opening car. “You forgot something.”

 

“W-What?”

 

Jongin smirked, “You know, the teacher wants to know whether or not the student actually learned from the lesson earlier.” Kyungsoo’s mind flashed back to the kiss in the park, and his face flushed. “The teacher wants a demonstration from the student.”

 

Kyungsoo gaped, “Y-Y-You’re not being s-serious, r-right Jongin-ah?”

 

“Oh, but I am hyung,” Jongin leaned forward on the arm rest and loved Kyungsoo’s shocked face, “And you’re not leaving this car until you do.” He locked the car’s doors for extra measure.

 

“B-But I, I,” Kyungsoo sputtered, “I can’t j-just k-kiss-”

 

“Do you not want to kiss me hyung?” Jongin pouted.

 

“Of course I want to kiss you-!” Kyungsoo covered his mouth with his free hand and closed his eyes. Oh, no. Did he just...? Kyungsoo’s whole body was burning up now.

 

“Hyung,” Jongin’s voice was gentle, “You can kiss me again.” Kyungsoo shook his head. All he wanted to do was sink into the ground. “Hyung, I want you to kiss me too.” Kyungsoo shook his head once more, too embarrassed to even think.

 

“Hyung,” Jongin slowly pried Kyungsoo’s hand away from his face, “It’s okay.” Hesitantly, Kyungsoo opened his eyes and was met with the sincerity of Jongin’s eyes. He took a deep breath and darted his eyes to the younger’s lips. Why did they have to be so inviting?

 

“Just do what I told you hyung,” Jongin’s voice was soft and he leaned in closer, “I just want you to initiate it this time.”

 

Kyungsoo gulped. He leaned in slightly until their lips were barely centimeters apart. He closed in just a bit more to have their lips brush once more before pulling back a split two seconds later. He found comfort behind his penguin again.

 

Jongin chuckled, “Hyung, I don’t just want a peck. I want one like back at the park.”

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip, “B-But it’s, it’s embarrassing.”

 

It was Jongin’s turn to shake his head, “It’s not. You did a fine job at the park.”

 

“B-But I c-can’t be the first who...” Kyungsoo trailed off.

 

Jongin sighed as he reached for Kyungsoo’s free hand and held it delicately, “You never know unless you try, hyung.” He squeezed it lightly. “So can you try? For me?”

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath. He could do this. Slowly, Kyungsoo nodded his head and Jongin grinned once more. He never let go of Kyungsoo’s hand as he leaned in halfway.   Shyly, Kyungsoo met with Jongin’s lips. They were still soft like before. He parted his lips and gently on Jongin’s upper lip. Jongin immediately responded, and Kyungsoo swore time stopped. He pulled away after a few more seconds and gazed downwards. It was Jongin who lifted his head back up again.

 

“The teacher taught the student well.”

 

Kyungsoo giggled, “T-Thanks Jongin.”

 

Jongin unlocked the doors and reached for the bag with Kyungsoo’s uniform, “Night Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo grabbed his stuff and hopped out of the car, “Good night Jongin.” He looked down. “Oh! Your jacket-”

 

Jongin shook his head, “Keep it.”

 

“But-”

 

“It looks better on you anyway.” Jongin interrupted with a grin. 

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip and nodded, “Drive safe Jongin.”

 

“I will.”

 

The two of the stared at each other for a few more seconds. Kyungsoo wanted to kiss Jongin, just once more, but he quickly swallowed his confidence and headed back for his apartment. He didn’t hear Jongin start the car until after he unlocked his door and allowed himself in. Once he closed the door, he found himself touching his lips again and a smile etched on his face. 

 

“So how was your date?” 

 

Kyungsoo yelped as he didn’t notice Sooyoung standing there, arms crossed and a smirk on her face. He quickly shook his head and removed his shoes. 

 

“Kyunggie baby, you have to tell your noona!” Sooyoung cried as she came over to hug the younger. Kyungsoo only blushed.

 

“It was okay Sooyoung-noona,” he replied for the sake of, “A-And it wasn’t a date!” He tore himself away from her and headed to his room. Once he closed the door, he launched himself on the bed and shoved a pillow on his face to mute his squealing. An eighteen-year old boy shouldn’t be spazzing over a date.

 

He was too busy freaking out to hear Sooyoung come inside the room. He only noticed when something weighed down the bed.

 

“I think this date was more than just okay, Kyunggie baby,” she took away the pillow from his face, “So spill.” Kyungsoo only shook his head and covered his face with his hands. “Fine. So let me guess, he won you this stuffed penguin?”

 

Sooyoung smiled when Kyungsoo only groaned in reply. She took it that she should continue, “And you got cold so he leant you his jacket and well, let you keep it?”

 

“N-No! I-I got this-”

 

“Kyunggie baby, I know that a varsity jacket isn’t your style.” Kyungsoo wailed in defeat.

 

Sooyoung loomed over him and whispered in his ear, “And I bet his lips were super soft, huh?” Kyungsoo’s eyes shot open and covered his mouth. His confused look made Sooyoung laugh.

 

“I could tell because you were touching your lips when you came home so,” her eyes twinkled, “My baby had his first kiss!”

 

“Shut up Sooyoung-noona,” Kyungsoo cried, “You make it sound embarrassing.” But she was already up and leaving, phone in her hand.

 

“I can’t wait to tell your brother.”

 

“No! Wait, don’t-” But before he could finish, she had already left the room. Kyungsoo sighed and lied back down in his bed. No use in trying to stop Sooyoung now. He sighed once more when he realized he still needed to get ready for bed. Grudgingly, he pulled himself out of bed and changed into his pajamas. When he removed Jongin’s jacket, he decided to hang it up in his closet where his nicer clothes resided. He ventured to the bathroom, overheard Sooyoung chatting excitedly over the phone, and did his normal bathroom routine. When he exited, Sooyoung was mouthed she would be in his room in a minute. He rolled his eyes and plopped on his bed. Today was a good day, he decided. He checked his phone and noticed a bunch of text and missed calls from Chanyeol. Whoops.

 

A minute later, Sooyoung was at the door and grinned at him. He adjusted himself in bed, but before he could pull the blankets up, Sooyoung was already tucking him in.

 

“Noona! I’m not five.” Kyungsoo pouted but didn’t fight back. 

 

Sooyoung sat down next to the lying boy and ruffled his hair, “But I’ve known you since then so you still are in my eyes.” Kyungsoo frowned while Sooyoung laughed. She reached over the bed and tucked the stuffed penguin next to him.

 

“What are you going to name your penguin?” Sooyoung asked as she continued to Kyungsoo’s hair.

 

The boy shrugged, “I was thinking of naming him Kai for some reason.”

 

Sooyoung hummed, “Kai, huh? I like it.”

 

“Who’d you tell?” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

“Tell what?”

 

“A-About my, you know,” Kyungsoo buried his mouth beneath his blanket, “My first kiss.”

 

“Oh,” Sooyoung giggled, “I texted your brother about it, and my boyfriend called so I ended up telling him too.”

 

“Noona!” 

 

“I’m sorry,” but her face showed otherwise, “It just slipped out of my mouth.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned although Sooyoung couldn’t see, “I haven’t even met your boyfriend yet.”

 

“I know, I know,” she kissed Kyungsoo on his forehead, “You’ll meet him soon, I promise. Good night baby.” She stood up and headed for the door again.

 

He smiled, “Good night noona.”

 

Just before she closed the door, she added, “Have sweet dreams about Jongin, okay?”

 

“Noona!” He wailed, but the door already had closed. He huffed but pulled his penguin - Kai - closer. Kyungsoo couldn’t help smiling in the penguin’s fur for the rest of the night.

 


 

Jongin waited until Kyungsoo was safely inside before starting his car once more. Damn, the date went a lot better than expected. As he reminisced over the day’s events, his reverie was cut short by an obnoxious ringing. He looked at the caller ID before groaning.

 

“What?”

 

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BABY!?”

 

“I didn’t do anything Yeol-”

 

“Don’t you ‘Yeol’ me mister-”

 

“Jongin! Don’t listen to him!”

 

“Baekkie, you’re supposed to be on my side!”

 

“Jongin, come over my house, okay?”

 

Jongin sighed, “‘Kay, I’m coming over in a few.”

 

He hung up but with hearing Chanyeol’s last words “Baekkie! How could you invite the enemy over!?” He shook his head. Chanyeol’s frickin’ crazy. It surprised him how he actually like the kid. He shuddered at the thought.

 

Jongin drove over to Baekhyun’s house. There was a light on upstairs, and he noticed Chanyeol’s car parked in the driveway. He stepped out of his car and locked the doors. He shivered at the breeze and wished he had a jacket, but then he remember who had his jacket and the breeze didn’t seem so bad. He rang the doorbell and point two seconds later it was opened by an excited Baekhyun and a pissed Chanyeol. Baekhyun immediately opened the door and brought Jongin into an embrace. Chanyeol only crossed his arms.

 

After closing and locking the door, Baekhyun smiled widely at him, “Okay, before you even start. Change into some of Channie’s pajamas so you can tell us everything that happened!” A random squeal followed the statement.

 

“Wait, Baekkie, you never informed me he was sleeping over.”

 

“Oh, well, now he is,” Baekhyun shrugged as he grabbed Jongin arm and pulled him towards his room, “I have a bunch of Chanyeol’s PJ’s here so just grab whatever fits you.” Jongin nodded as he supplied himself with his friend’s clothes. It was oddly nostalgic. Once he finished himself in the bathroom, he went back to Baekhyun’s room to find the two in a tickle fight.

 

“Are you two done being gross?” He asked from the doorway.

 

Baekhyun nodded excitedly as he patted the floor space in front of him for Jongin to sit, “So, so, so!? Tell us what happened!” Baekhyun was sitting in Chanyeol’s lap while bouncing excitedly. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around his boyfriend.

 

“I just took him to the mall so we could find comfortable clothes. We went to the carnival, ate food, went on rides, kiss- And that’s about it.” Jongin smiled sweetly at Chanyeol who was fuming.

 

“Jongin,” Baekhyun groaned, “I want the de-tails. Did you feed each other?”

 

Jongin laughed, “Only the cotton candy.” 

 

Baekhyun clapped excitedly, “Oh my God! That’s so cuuute!” 

 

“Wait,” Chanyeol interrupted, “What time did you bring him home?”

 

“Um, around 9:30?”

 

“KIM JONGIN, THAT’S WAY PAST MY BABY’S CURFEW!” Chanyeol raged.

 

Baekhyun frowned, “Channie, Kyunggie is already eighteen-”

 

“He’s still a child though.”

 

“He’s only a year younger than us-”

 

“I don’t trust him with Kkamjong.”

 

Baekhyun sighed, “So did you get him anything?”

 

“I won him a penguin,” Jongin shrugged, “And he got cold so I gave him my jacket.”

 

“Aww,” Baekhyun cooed as he clasped his hands together, “That’s so sweet of you!”

 

“Baekkie, don’t boost his ego,” Chanyeol grumbled, “Wait, hold on. What did you do after the rides?”

 

“I kiss...” He trailed off as he noticed Chanyeol’s face go red, but Baekhyun was now jumping, urging for him to conitnue.

 

“What did you do to my baby, Kim Jongin?” Chanyeol's voice was scary.

 

He took a deep breath and smiled, “I kissed him.” Chanyeol’s grip tightened around his boyfriend while the latter just started gleaming. Jongin decided to test his waters.

 

“Twice.” Chanyeol wailed in distress while Baekhyun squealed happily. “Kyungsoo initiated the second kiss, too.”

 

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY POOR, INNOCENT BABY, KIM JONGIN!?”

 


*{author's note}*

*~~~*
So I promised you guys that I would update by the end of the week and BAM. HERE IT IS. HALLE-ING-LUJAH /does a victory dance. Okay, I know they're not technically in the carnival at all in this chappie, but the title sounded so cute that I just had to. 
 
Anyway, so now this fic can actually get the move on! So Channie is the overprotective father while Baekhyun doesn't mind at all, oh well! OH! Are any of you guys interested in finding out who Sooyoung's boyfriend is? I could slip him in somewhere, probably. He's in S.M. Entertainment is any of you want to guess!
 
'Til then...! Tumblr anyone?