Pink Cheeks and Sweaty Palms

Blush and Fall [DISCONTINUED]

 

Kyungsoo started to become antsy as the clock’s hands ticked nearer and nearer to the end of the day. To say that Kyungsoo was not nervous was an understatement. He had to mentally tell himself to not act all fidgety while the time passed. He stole glances at the boy who made him this way, but the latter seemed extremely normal. Kyungsoo regulated his breaths as he held onto his tiny penguin inside of his desk. The current precalculus class couldn’t even grab his attention.

 

you seem nervous? why?

 

Kyungsoo read the note quickly and shook his head.

 

I’m not.

 

Jongin only smiled with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

 

yeah, okay. stay w/ me after class then.

 

For some reason, Kyungsoo gulped as he proceeded to squeeze the living daylights out of his poor stuffed penguin. The time seemed to sail by now. Before Kyungsoo wanted to realize it, the bell rang to end all classes. Some ‘hurrahs’ were thrown out in the air. Probably thanking the time from saving from another lecture on natural logs. By instinct, Kyungsoo sat up from his seat but only to be stopped by Jongin’s hand on his wrist.

 

“You said you’d wait with me.” Jongin pouted.

 

“R-Right, sorry.” Kyungsoo mumbled pathetically. He eyed the other students who were giving him dirty looks as they passed by. Surprisingly, they didn’t spew him any nasty remarks. It was probably because of Jongin.

 

After a few minutes have passed and the students have left, Jongin and Kyungsoo sat in silence in the empty classroom. Kyungsoo coughed awkwardly.

 

“So-”

 

“I’m just waiting for Yeol to text me back.” Jongin replied quickly as he waved his phone.

 

Kyungsoo nodded and was silently thankful. Normally, he would bolt out of the classroom without a second thought and dash down the hallways before they became sufferably crowded. If he were to get caught in the traffic, he’d most likely be pushed down and then trampled on by the entire student body; the next day’s headline would be ‘BOY DIED DUE TO TRIPPING IN THE HALLWAY.’ Kyungsoo shuddered at the thought.

 

Jongin cocked his head, “What’re you thinking about?”

 

“Huh, what?”

 

“You seem to be deep in thought,” Jongin explained, “Is something wrong?”

 

Kyungsoo’s face turned red, “Oh, nothing’s wrong.”

 

Jongin chuckled, “Good because Yeol just texted me saying they’re here.” He offered out a hand. “Let’s go.”

 

“U-Uh, I-”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes and grabbed Kyungsoo’s hands. The latter sputtered incoherent nonsense as Jongin dragged him out of the classroom, schoolbags slung over their backs. Kyungsoo’s eyes darted to the ground as they ventured the hallways. Although no one would stick around after the bell, there were the few loiterers who liked to lounge around the school.

 

The younger of the two quickly looked back to check on his hyung. Kyungsoo’s red face and sweaty palms were enough to make Jongin grin. He had to bite it back as Kyungsoo looked up quickly. Jongin gave him a small, reassuring smile and Kyungsoo ducked his head. Jongin let the grin escape.

 

Much to Kyungsoo’s luck, they were fortunate enough to escape the dreaded school with no interferences. He was startled by a sudden car honking. He finally tore his gaze away from the ground to see Baekhyun waving wildly at them, as if the obnoxious honking wasn’t enough. 

 

“C’mon, they’re about to pee their pants.” Jongin murmured with a chuckle. He picked up the pace of their strides and walked over to the overly excited couple and stranger in the back of Chanyeol’s old and beaten up red car. Before the two high school students could say anything, Chanyeol jumped out of the car and rushed to engulf Kyungsoo in a tight hug.

 

“My baby!” Chanyeol wailed annoyingly loud, causing a few students of the school to shoot them some weird stares.

 

“Chanyeol-hyung,” Kyungsoo cried, “I cannot... BREATHE.”

 

Chanyeol loosened his grip but kept his hold on the embrace, “How was your day?”

 

“Y-You know I hate that question.” Kyungsoo whispered as he pushed Chanyeol away. Baekhyun gave his boyfriend a certain look which caused the latter to bite his lip and glance cautiously to Kyungsoo. The boy was holding his left arm with the opposite and yet again took interest on the ground.

 

Jongin coughed as awkward seconds passed, “So are we going or what?”

 

Baekhyun immediately straightened himself and smiled, “Yeah, c’mon. We brought a friend along.”

 

“I thought you would’ve forgotten me.” The friend called out from the back of his car.

 

“Yixing, you’re usually the one who forgets.” Baekhyun deadpanned as he hopped back into the front of the car. Chanyeol did the same as he walked around the car to get behind the wheel. Jongin tugged Kyungsoo’s free hand gently, motioning him to come with. The younger quickly removed the older’s backpack and shoved it into the trunk of the car and slammed it shut, ignoring Chanyeol’s comment of breaking his car or something.

 

Jongin got in first, sitting next to the couple’s friend, Yixing. Kyungsoo hopped inside after but without banging his head on the door. Jongin chuckled and rubbed the part where Kyungsoo had hit his head, asking if he was alright. Kyungsoo gulped but managed to nod. The younger smiled and patted the bump lightly before putting his seatbelt on. Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who watched the whole incident through the rearview mirror, gave each other a knowing look as the redness on Kyungsoo’s cheeks instantly became more apparent. 

 

“So where to?” Chanyeol asked the three in the back. Yixing looked dazed out as usual, and Kyungsoo was too busy hiding his face by staring at the window.

 

“Ice cream!” Jongin answered for the three of them. Chanyeol shrugged. Ice cream sounded good anyway.

 

He carefully backed out of the parking space and made his way slowly through the lot. Although he would love to run over the annoying high schoolers blocking his way (an extra ten points, you know), he thought better as he noticed Principal Jung strolling. Immediately, he honked his horn scaring the older man.

 

“AYO, WASSUP PRINCIPAL YUNHO!?” Chanyeol called out from his opened window.

 

The principal rolled his eyes, “It’s pleasant to see you too, Park Chanyeol.” 

 

“HOW WAS THE WITH MR. KIM JAEJOONG!?” Baekhyun called out from the passenger seat. The principal shook his head and walked away instantly.

 

Once the window was closed, Chanyeol and Baekhyun began to cackle evilly. Yixing was once again not phased. Jongin just smiled, not really knowing what was going on because c’mon, it’s his first day. And Kyungsoo stared at the couple in the front incredulously.

 

“BAEKHYUN-HYUNG! CHANYEOL-HYUNG! THAT WAS UNNECESSARY!” Kyungsoo raged in embarrassment as all of the students in proximity were now staring at them. Kyungsoo quickly slid down in his seat to hide away from the people’s looks.

 

“Sorry, Kyunggie baby,” Chanyeol apologized as he started to move the car again, “You know we can’t resist.”

 

“Principal Yunho is just so fun to tease!”  Baekhyun added.

 

“But I-I’m in the car and...” Kyungsoo trailed off. His mind was still suffering from secondhand embarrassment. 

 

“So ice cream...?” Jongin asked impatiently.

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “You haven’t changed, have you kkamjong?” 

 

“And neither have you, Yeollie-hyung.” Jongin responded with emphasis on Chanyeol’s name. He watched as Chanyeol’s face turned red and gripped the wheel a bit tighter. Baekhyun only laughed.

 

“Anyway,” Chanyeol coughed awkwardly, “Which ice cream shop?”

 

“The one we always go to, please?” Baekhyun begged from his seat, ignoring Chanyeol’s current state and Jongin’s suggestive voice.

 

“Y-yeah, sure Baekkie,” Chanyeol replied quickly, “Let’s go.”

 

They drove in silence with the exception of the music playing. Kyungsoo eyed Jongin from his peripheral vision as he watched the younger bop his head to the music. Kyungsoo must’ve been staring for too long because Jongin finally caught his eye and winked. Immediately, Kyungsoo whipped his head to stare at the passing cars and hid the pretty pink on cheeks. Jongin only chuckled knowingly, making Kyungsoo blush even more.

 

A song started to play on the radio, and Baekhyun turned up the volume higher and began to hum along. Chanyeol smiled as he watched his boyfriend sway his head to the beat. Soon Kyungsoo too was smiling to the music. 

 

“Remember when you and Joonmyun-hyung used to sing this all the time in club,” Baekhyun reminisced, “Those were the days...”

 

“Y-Yeah,” Kyungsoo agreed, “I remember.”

 

“You used to sing at a club?” Jongin asked Kyungsoo in disbelief.

 

The latter nodded shyly, “Yeah, but I stopped going.”

 

Jongin’s mouth dropped, “No way! A twelve-year-old boy singing at a club? I don’t buy it.”

 

“Jongin! I am not twelve!” Kyungsoo whined.

 

“You sure sound like one though.” Jongin pointed out. Kyungsoo pouted in response. “See?” Jongin continued as he pinched Kyungsoo’s cheek. “You’re only twelve.”

 

“Jongin, don’t pick on your hyung.” Chanyeol warned from the driver’s seat. Jongin only rolled his eyes and cooed at Kyungsoo who was trying to squirm away. Baekhyun giggled as he rested his hand on Chanyeol’s bicep. Chanyeol smiled at his boyfriend, knowing what he was trying to say.

 

“What club did you used to sing at?” Yixing asked. Oh right, he had tagged along.

 

“S&M Town,” Kyungsoo managed to answered while his face was being attacked by Jongin’s fingers, “Why?”

 

Yixing  scrunched his eyebrows together, “O-Oh, nothing-”

 

“We’re finally here!” Chanyeol exclaimed as they pulled in into the parking of a small ice cream shop off the side of a strip mall. There weren’t a lot of people there, just enough to be able to count on your fingers.

 

The five of them exited the car and headed inside. The shop gave a nostalgic, cozy feel. It was like being whisked back to old times, when going to the ice cream parlor was the biggest treat in the world. Now it was just taken advantage of.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol excitedly scurried towards the arrangement of flavors shown through the glass. Even more happy than probably some of the children in the store. Yixing was right behind them, still looking dazed. 

 

“C’mon hyung, let’s go.” Jongin said as he snapped Kyungsoo out of his staring and held out a hand.

 

“I can walk by myself just fine.” Kyungsoo scoffed as he made his way towards the cashier but to his perfect luck, he managed to trip over his shoelace. Embracing himself for impact, Kyungsoo yelped when he felt warmth instead of a hard, cold floor.

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes, which he didn’t even realize were closed, and held his breath. Jongin was holding him with a smirk and cocked eyebrow. Kyungsoo flushed and pushed himself away from his saver. His heart was beating faster, and he swore it was because he almost fell. Jongin only laughed before putting an arm around Kyungsoo and leading (safely) to where the ice cream was.

 

“Told you so.” Jongin teased. Kyungsoo only pushed him away in embarrassment. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and even Yixing stifled a smile at the two. 

 

“Hello again Baekhyun and Chanyeol.” the cashier said.

 

Both of them looked up and smiled, “Hey, Joo.”

 

“See you brought some friends with you this time,” she mused as she took at the scooper, “So what can I get for you guys?”

 


 

 

“Vanilla? How boring.” Jongin pointed out with his spoon.

 

Kyungsoo frowned, “Shut it, Jongin. It’s a lot better than your diabetic ice cream.”

 

Jongin faked a gasp, “Excuse you, it’s just chocolate ice cream with a few toppings-”

 

“I wouldn’t call marshmallows, sprinkles, M&M’s, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup a few toppings, Jongin.” Baekhyun deadpanned.

 

Jongin shrugged, “I mean I guess, but I wasn’t the one who paid for it so...” He eyed Chanyeol who was currently crying at the state of his wallet for he was the one paying for everyone. Baekhyun looked over to his boyfriend and patted his hand apologetically. Baekhyun had got some fresh fruit as a topping so he had to feel some guilt but just some.

 

“Thanks Chanyeol-hyung.” Kyungsoo hoped to at least relieve some tension. Chanyeol nodded sadly as he put his wallet in his back pocket and ate his ice cream in depression.

 

“Should we get some for your Joonmyun-hyung, Kyungsoo-yah?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“I’m not paying for it.” Chanyeol inserted quickly.

 

Kyungsoo smiled, “Yeah, I guess.”

 

“Joo,” Baekhyun called from his spot in the shop, “Can we have a tub of vanilla ice cream ready for us?” She nodded and went in the back of the store.

 

“I’ll pay.” Kyungsoo announced as he made his way to the cashier. When he got there, Joo had already came back with a tub of vanilla ice cream ready in a bag. He paid her quickly and smiled. Before he turned around, she grabbed him by the hand.

 

“Is he your boyfriend?” She whispered.

 

“W-Who?” Kyungsoo glanced over to see who she was eyeing.

 

“Jongin, I believe,” she asked, “The one who saved you from falling?”

 

“W-What? No,” he quickly denied while shaking his head, “H-He... We just met.”

 

“Oh.” There was disappointment in her voice. “Well, you two should date.” Kyungsoo gaped. “I can see it.” She winked before retreating to the back of the store. Kyungsoo shook his head again before going over to where his friends were just finishing off their ice cream.

 

“Ready to go?” Chanyeol asked as he threw out his empty cup. Everyone nodded as they garbaged their items too. 

 

As they headed out of the store, Baekhyun held Kyungsoo close to him and asked, “So what did Joo ask you?”

 

“N-Nothing!” Kyungsoo replied rather quickly before scurrying to the car. Baekhyun laughed as he went inside. 

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo-yah,” Chanyeol asked when everyone was settled in, “Can you ask your brother if we can come over for dinner?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged, “Eh, why not- Wait, everyone?”

 

“Duh,” Jongin answered as he leaned into Kyungsoo, “I’m hungry, Kyunggie-hyung.” Kyungsoo hated how fast his cheeks heated up and pushed Jongin’s face away. 

 

“Fine.” Kyungsoo complained. He texted his brother telling him that three morons and Yixing were coming over for dinner. He got a response almost immediately saying it was okay. “Yeah, my brother’s okay with it.”

 

“AWESOME.” Chanyeol exclaimed. He instantly backed out of the parking lot and straight onto the main road.

 

“OH, MY GOD, CHANYEOL-HYUNG,” Kyungsoo wailed from the back, “S-SLOW DOWN.” But unfortunately, Chanyeol was having too much fun watching everyone in fear. Pay back for killing his wallet. Before they knew it, Chanyeol was in a race with a man in a truck. Chanyeol gritted his teeth as he weaved through the traffic, ignoring the honks of the other drivers. The man in the truck frowned as he underestimated the boy with the poodle hair.

 

“CHANNIE, CHANNIE, CHANNIE, PLEASE!” Baekhyun cried as his hands were clawing the seat, holding on for dear life.

 

Chanyeol only listened when his fun was shortened by a red light. Sighing, he put on the brakes, and everyone let out a huge sigh of relief. The man in the truck managed to speed through the light but only with it snapping a picture.

 

“Is everyone still alive?” Chanyeol asked politely. He was only driving fast for just ten to twenty minutes. Nothing too crazy. He looked through his rearview mirror to see a paled Yixing, Jongin still looking pretty normal, and Kyungsoo was clutching onto Jongin’s arm with his eyes bigger than ever. With terrified eyes, Chanyeol looked over to where his boyfriend was sitting. He regretted his decision.

 

“Park. Chan. Yeol.” Baekhyun emphasized each syllable of his boyfriend’s name and Chanyeol shuddered, “What were you thinking.”

 

Chanyeol only gulped as the light turned green. He made the smarter the choice of going the normal speed limit.

 

“Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun repeated, “What the hell were you thinking.”

 

“I-”

 

“YOU COULD’VE GOT US KILLED! ARE YOU CRAZY? I KNEW YOU WERE STUPID, BUT I DIDN’T THINK YOU’D BE THAT STUPID,” Baekhyun yelled, “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?”

 

Chanyeol only whimpered as his boyfriend went on yelling at him while he drove to Kyungsoo’s house. 

 

“Baekhyun-hyung sure is scary, huh.” Jongin said to Kyungsoo. The latter only nodded as he was still in shock.

 

“You know hyung,” Jongin began again, “I know my arm is very nice, but you can let go now.” Kyungsoo blushed as he immediately let go of Jongin, leaving a mark due to his vice-like grip. 

 

“Sorry.” Kyungsoo muttered.

 

Jongin smiled, “It’s okay, hyung. I’m here to protect you.”

 

Kyungsoo was saved a comeback when Chanyeol pulled up to the apartment complex he and his brother housed in. It was almost 5:30 so Joonmyun must’ve been home already. As they drove up Kyungsoo’s place, the boy recognized a car parked in the parking lot nearby. He smiled excitedly.

 

“Here we are,” Chanyeol exclaimed shakily as Baekhyun was still pissed at him, “Aw, come on Baekkie... Don’t be mad.”

 

“Don’t you ‘Baekkie’ me Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun scolded as he marched towards the brothers’ house, “I am still very angry at you.”

 

Chanyeol frowned like a sad puppy as he followed his boyfriend into the house (Joonmyun never bothered to lock it) right before Yixing hesitantly entered with Kyungsoo and Jongin. 

 

“Hi guys,” Joonmyun called from the kitchen while they removed their shoes, “Dinner’s almost ready.”

 

“Where’s Sooyoung-noona?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“I’m here baby.” Sooyoung cooed as she exited the kitchen and entered the living room.

 

Kyungsoo squealed as he ran over to hug her, “I missed you!”

 

She laughed and stoked his hair, “I miss you too, baby.” She looked up and smiled at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “How’s my favorite couple doing?”

 

“Chanyeol is a face who doesn’t think of others’ safety.” Baekhyun simply said as he walked into the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol frowned, “Baekkie, wait! I said I’m sorry!” He followed after his boyfriend.

 

Sooyoung looked at Kyungsoo with a confused face, “What happened?”

 

“It’s nothing.” Kyungsoo answered as he pulled away. Once he did, Sooyoung eyed the two other boys standing awkwardly in the entrance way. Her face broke out into a wide grin as she hurried over to them.

 

“Oh, my goodness! You’re both so good-looking,” She praised as she inspected them, “Wow, my noona feels right now-”

 

“Sooyoung-noona, please-” Kyungsoo whined.

 

“What’re your names?” She ignored Kyungsoo and brought the two over to the couch.

 

“Jongin...?”

 

“Y-Yixing...” 

 

“Oh, my Goood! Both of your names are super hot, too!” She freaked as she pinched Yixing’s (because he was closer) cheeks. 

 

“Sooyoung-noona,” Kyungsoo pleaded as he walked over to the three, “Please-”

 

“Who are you harassing now,” Joonmyun groaned as he walked into the living room, “Sooyoung, you should- L-Lay!?”

 

Yixing turned around and immediately blushed, “H-Hi, Suho...”

 

Sooyoung let go of Yixing’s face and grinned evilly, “Oh, so this is the boy at the club  you’ve been gushing over, Joonmyun.”

 

The said instantly dashed up into his room and locked the door while Sooyoung calmly walked after him. She winked at Yixing whose mouth was hanging open before she disappeared in the hallway. Kyungsoo facepalmed. This was going to be a great dinner.

 


 

*{author's note}*
*~~~*
 
Hi! I'm... Still alive? Well, let me tell you now, it's completely un-beta'ed and yes, it's one of those horrific chapters that're need in order to make the story progress but are a pain in the the write. Hopefully I added enough fluff to satisfy one's thirst, OTL. [Un]fortunately, this chapter isn't quite finished yet, but I felt it was a good place to cut it for now. I'm praying that the next chapter doesn't take this long. I'm sorry lovelies!
 
Oh, and I updated this one my birthday so, happy birthday to me? /cries. I'm so old.