Drabble: Early Mornings

Blush and Fall [DISCONTINUED]

Jongin stirred awake. With a yawn, he blearily opened his eyes to see the sunlight creeping through the window blinds. He blindly searched his phone to check the time which read 7:43 A.M. Ew. Jongin frowned at how early it was. He was about to go back to sleep when something - or rather someone - began to move next to him. He whipped his head to find Kyungsoo snuggling cutely into his side. Jongin put his phone down and turned to face Kyungsoo on his side.

 

Grinning, Jongin pulled his boyfriend in closer to his chest. He loved the way Kyungsoo was fitting so naturally next to him. Kyungsoo was huddled next to him in an almost feudal position if it were not for their legs tangled underneath the sheets. Kai was safely tucked in Kyungsoo’s arms as Kyungsoo held the stuffed penguin possessively even in his sleep. The older’s mouth was slightly open and lip were slightly pouting. Jongin wanted to laugh because he noticed a bit of drool on the side of Kyungsoo’s mouth so he carefully wiped it away with his thumb. Jongin bite back a giggle when Kyungsoo tried to swap his hand away, and yet he didn’t wake up. 

 

Jongin continued to absorb the sight in front of him. He decided that Kyungsoo had the cutest nose in the world, and how he would love to kiss that nose right now but didn’t want to risk waking Kyungsoo up. His eyes travelled to Kyungsoo’s shut eyes and brows that furrowed suddenly. Jongin held his breath as Kyungsoo huddled closer to him in search for warmth. Jongin could only smile and bring the sheets up more on the older.

 

Carefully, Jongin treaded his fingers through Kyungsoo’s messy bed hair, loving how silky it was. He aimlessly played with his boyfriend’s hair, watching it fall slowly from his fingers. He eventually stopped and just continued to stare. 

 

Jongin recalled when it first started to happen, when he first started liking Kyungsoo. There was never really that “aha” moment. It wasn’t like in the movies where a certain event caused him to like Kyungsoo. It was more of a build-up from the initial meeting. He remembered how shy and distant Kyungsoo was from the class, and how rude they were (and still are). 

 

He never really intended to actually start liking his hyung in this way. He was still hung up on Chanyeol during that time. But all of those feelings for his best friend basically vanished without a sign when he began letting Kyungsoo enter into his heart. Although it was more like Jongin stepping into Kyungsoo’s heart. He sighed. He really couldn’t be happier.

 

Kyungsoo was definitely going to be the death the him. He never realized someone who is eighteen could be so innocent and cute. Jongin loved the way he made Kyungsoo felt. Maybe it was the sadistic side of him, but he loved it when Kyungsoo would blush madly. He loved it when Kyungsoo was embarrassed about his lack of knowledge in this aspect. Jongin fell for him every time those cheeks would turn pink, and those perfect eyes would shyly look away. 

 

Jongin hoped Kyungsoo would soon let him explore more of himself. Of course, Jongin was willing to take things slow. He was never against it. But he just hope Kyungsoo would be open to slowly learning and allowing Jongin to show him how much he loves him. He brushed a thumb on Kyungsoo’s cheek. He just couldn’t stop his own heartbeat beating so fast when he was with Kyungsoo. His boyfriend was just too adorable for his own good. Jongin must have done something wonderful in his past life to deserve someone like Kyungsoo.

 

Jongin d for his phone and took a picture of the sleeping Kyungsoo and changed it to his new background picture. He decided to send the picture to Chanyeol just to bother his friend for two reasons. One, it was an ungodly time of day for a Saturday. And two, well, his poor baby Kyungie! 

 

To: #YEOLO

 

guess who i’m with ;)

 

Putting his phone down with a content smile, he brushed the bangs away from Kyungsoo’s forehead.

 

“I like you, hyung,” Jongin whispered as he kissed Kyungsoo’s forehead, “Please let me show you how much I do soon.” And with that, Jongin closed his in an attempt to fall asleep.

 


*{author's note}*

*~~~*
Hey guys, LOL. I think I decided to make small little drabbles that are beneficial to the fic, but aren't important enough for it to be considered a chapter. Are you guys okay with this? Not every chapter will get its own drabble, but I think I'll do the drabbles every time there's a significant fluff scene and scene. What do you guys think?