Kiss Me Once

Blush and Fall [DISCONTINUED]

The bell for lunch rang as the students cheered. Kyungsoo immediately got up and dashed straight for the door. Before he reached for the knob, and hand grabbed his wrist. He didn’t need to turn around to know who it was. He felt his heart stop.

 

“Where you you going, hyung?” Jongin asked.

 

“It’s lunch.” That was Kyungsoo’s only reply.

 

The younger’s grip loosened, “Okay, just wait for-”

 

“Jongin, please let go.” Kyungsoo tried to stay strong.

 

“Huh?”

 

Kyungsoo turned his head slightly, “Just... Let go.”

 

“Hyung, please,” Jongin pleaded, “What happened? Did something happen at home?” Kyungsoo struggled to free his wrist, but Jongin’s grip only tightened. “Did I do something, hyung? Please tell me. I want to fix it.”

 

“Jongin, stop.” Kyungsoo’s voice faltered. 

 

“I won’t until you tell me.” Jongin argued. He was able to pull Kyungsoo away from the door slightly. 

 

“Why, why hyung?” Jongin’s voice was becoming weaker.

 

“Jongin, please don’t-”

 

“Why are you suddenly shutting me out, huyng?” Jongin begged to know. His voice was relentless that made Kyungsoo want to cry.

 

“Jongin don’t-”

 

“Did I do something wrong? If I did, I’m sorry. But please Kyungsoo, just tell me-”

 

“It’s you!” Kyungsoo cried. Jongin let go of his wrist. “It’s because I like you!” He turned around to only be greeted with Jongin’s shocked face. Instantly, Kyungsoo regretted that he became so high-strung on emotions. His hands flew up to cover his mouth. Unconsciously, he began shaking his head in mortification. He could feel his hear beating faster than ever. The room suddenly became too hot. He d around for the doorknob.

 

“Hyung-”

 

Before Jongin could even finish, Kyungsoo sprinted out of the room and headed towards the garden. He could barely see where he was going as the tears quickly began to stream down his face. In record time, he reached his favorite pear tree and slumped behind it. Not even waiting a second, he buried his face in his knees and let his tears drip freely. God, he felt so disgusting. Kyungsoo regretted what he did in the shower the other night. If Jongin were to find out, what would he think of him? 

 

But why did he have to say that? Why, why, why? Kyungsoo shuddered involuntarily as he remembered the scene all over again before dashed out of the classroom. But what hurt the most was Jongin’s expressions. From the beginning, Jongin had such a hurt face, and all Kyungsoo wanted to do was kiss it better. It hurt his own heart just as much. 

 


 

“Jongin-oppa, what happened?” A voice asked from behind him. He looked back to see Areum and Suji standing there.

 

“I-I don’t know.” He answered honestly.

 

“What was he yelling about?” Suji rolled her eyes in disgust, but Jongin didn’t notice.

 

“I... I have to go find him.” Jongin said as he grabbed for the doorknob.

 

“Jongin, you can’t be serious.” Areum muttered.

 

He twisted his body to face her, “I’m being serious.”

 

“He’ll be fine.” Suji added.

 

Jongin was about to say something, but instead he closed his mouth and exited the classroom. He began to run around the halls in hopes of finding Kyungsoo. But then he remembered, that garden place! He quickly switched directions and headed to wear he, and Kyungsoo really bonded. Surprisingly, he was able to find his way easily. The door was already open. Hesitantly, he searched around the garden. He couldn’t see Kyungsoo, but Jongin headed towards the pear tree quietly. Eventually, he saw someone curled up in a ball, and he could only smile. 

 

Slowly, he walked up to where Kyungsoo was and shook the boy a bit. “Hey hyung.” Kyungsoo’s head whipped up and gasped. He was about to run away before Jongin put his hand on Kyungsoo’s, “No, wait, hyung, please. Wait.”

 

Kyungsoo stopped moving but still didn’t look at Jongin. The younger was patient and sat down next to Kyungsoo. He didn’t say anything.

 

The older took a deep breath, “Jongin, I-”

 

“Hyung-”

 

“O-Oh,” Kyungsoo stammered, “You first.”

 

Jongin shook his head, “You can go.”

 

“No, it’s okay,” Kyungsoo insisted, “It wasn’t- I just- Just go.”

 

“Hyung.” Kyungsoo hated how sincere Jongin’s voice was.

 

Taking a slight breath, he asked, “H-Have you ever, um, liked someone?”

 

Jongin put on a confused face, “Of course?”

 

Kyungsoo bit the inside of his cheek, “Oh, um, who?”

 

“Chanyeol-hyung.” Jongin said with ease. He noticed Kyungsoo clench his fists. “But not anymore.”

 

“O-Oh, why?”

 

Jongin shrugged, “He has Baekhyun-hyung. Besides, someone else wormed their way into my heart.” 

 

Kyungsoo involuntarily hiccuped, “W-Who?”

 

Jongin stayed quiet for a little bit. The silence made Kyungsoo nervous. Jongin finally spoke up, “Was it true?”

 

Kyungsoo frowned to himself, “Wait, what?” That wasn’t an answer he was hoping for or expecting.

 

“What you said back in the classroom,” Jongin asked hesitantly, “That you...”

 

Oh. “T-That was just- I just- Don’t-,” Kyungsoo tried to talk but failed miserably, “I was just- I-”

 

“Kyungsoo-hyung.” Jongin reiterated. He turned his body to face the other boy. Kyungsoo stiffened as Jongin gently grabbed his chin to have him turn his face. “Did you mean it, Kyungsoo?”

 

Kyungsoo’s heart stopped beating, “N-No-”

 

Jongin stared at him intently. Kyungsoo’s face was heating up due the intensity of Jongin’s stare. He tore his gaze away. The two sat in a horrible silence.

 

“I don’t believe you,” Jongin finally said, “I think you like me.”

 

Kyungsoo gripped the ground underneath him. He couldn’t swallow the uncomfortable lump in his throat. His mouth felt like the dessert. His breaths were shallow, “I-I don’t-”

 

“Hyung, please look at me.”

 

“N-No.” Kyungsoo’s voice cracked. And oh God, he felt his tears slip from his eyes. Quickly he tried to wipe them away but with no avail. They kept flowing in a steady stream. God, he probably looked so stupid in front of Jongin.

 

“Hyung, please.” Jongin forced Kyungsoo to look at him. His heart broke at Kyungsoo’s crying face. The older refused to meet his eyes.

 

“Hyung, please tell me the truth.” Jongin begged.

 

Kyungsoo hiccuped once, twice, before swallowing the saliva stuck in his throat. His underarms and back of the neck were sweating with nerves, and his face didn’t feel any better. “I-I can’t.”

 

Jongin frowned although Kyungsoo didn’t see it, “How come?”

 

“Y-You-! Do you know w-what you do to me?” Kyungsoo said instead.

 

Jongin didn’t know how to reply, “I-”

 

“Y-You,” Kyungsoo pointed an accusing finger at Jongin, “You make me f-feel like- Y-You-”

 

“Kyungsoo-hyung?”

 

“You confuse me, okay,” Kyungsoo spat out, but Jongin could not hear any hatred in the older voice, “You make me feel so weird inside! I just, I can’t- I’ve never been the center of attention before, but now that you’re here everyone’s been paying attention to me, and I hate it! Why couldn’t you have been like every other new kid? Why couldn’t you just have become friends with Daehyun and Suji and Areum and all of them!?”

 

Jongin shifted closer, “I don’t understand, hyung.”

 

“Why do you want to be friends with me,” Kyungsoo exclaimed as if it was the most obvious statement in the world, “Jongin, look at me! I’m nothing special, really! Have you seen yourself? Y-You’re just so handsome and attractive, and please don’t stare at me like that!”

 

Jongin couldn’t help the small smile on his lips, “Like what?”

 

“Like, like, you actually care!”

 

“But hyung, I do care.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head, “You don’t get it, Jongin! Do you know what you do to me? Do you know what it’s like to be around you all the time?” Jongin was about to insert a cocky comment but decided it was the wrong time to. “Y-You make my heart feel funny, Jongin! And it’s not- It- It won’t stop beating so fast every time you’re near. And it doesn’t help the, the fact that I can’t even look at you without my face heating up Do you know what that’s like!? I-It’s- And then I can’t get you out of my head, okay? At night... At night it’s the worst because as much as I try not to think about it, I think about you. Every night, I just- I can’t stop thinking of you, and it hurts so much. I feel so, so embarrassed thinking about you because I-” Kyungsoo didn’t even realize he was crying now. He sniffed as he felt his nose running. This day could not get any worse. He didn’t dare look at Jongin. He focused his gaze on his thighs and kept clenching his hands in fists.

 

Jongin spoke first, “Hyung, look at me.”

 

He shook his head.

 

“Hyung, please.” He pleaded.

 

“N-No way.” Kyungsoo croaked. He hated how weak he sounded.

 

Jongin sighed once more, “Hyung, please. Look at me.” When Kyungsoo made no effort to shift his gaze, Jongin gently cupped his hands around Kyungsoo’s face. Before the older could react, he found himself staring, watery-eyed, at Jongin. Kyungsoo wished he wasn’t blushing.

 

Jongin wiped some of the running tears away, “You’re so cute hyung.”

 

He blushed furiously, “Jong-”

 

“Can I kiss you?”

 

Kyungsoo held his breath. Did he hear that right?

 

Jongin smiled, “Can I kiss you again, hyung? I want to kiss you again.”

 

Kyungsoo’s face was burning bright by now. He averted his gaze downwards, “I-I don’t know.”

 

The younger chuckled, “Do you want me to kiss you?”

 

Gulping, Kyungsoo nodded slightly in Jongin’s hands. With a smile, Jongin leaned in forward and claimed what was his.

 

The kiss was slow and undemanding. Kyungsoo allowed Jongin to take full control as he himself melted into the other. Jongin pulled Kyungsoo into his lap so that the latter was straddling him without ever stopping the kiss. Kyungsoo’s mind was exploding. He definitely did not expect it to be this long, but he may have secretly loved it. It felt so right and sent his heart pounding. He only prayed Jongin felt the same way. Hesitantly, Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Jongin’s neck and squeaked when Jongin’s hands trailed down to his waist. Jongin laughed, breaking the kiss. Kyungsoo gasped for air. Jongin pecked Kyungsoo’s lips once, twice more, before resting his forehead on Kyungsoo’s.

 

After a few moments of breath-catching silence, Jongin whispered with closed eyes and a smile, “I like you too, huyng.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes shot open as he pulled himself back, covered his mouth with his arms, and looked the other way, “Y-You don’t have to.”

 

“What do you mean I don’t have to?”

 

“I-If you’re just um, pitying me or something- I just- It’s okay-”

 

“Hyung, stop.” Jongin removed Kyungsoo’s arm away from his mouth to kiss the swollen lips once more. “I really do like you.”

 

The light pink cheeks was so worth it. “R-Really?”

 

Jongin laughed and rested his forehead back onto Kyungsoo’s, “Really. I was planning to confess to you today, too.”

 

“Were you really?” Kyungsoo asked, embarrassed.  

 

“Uh-huh,” Jongin smiled, “My sister was teasing about it this morning when I told her.”

 

Kyungsoo let a small grin appear, “Oh.”

 

“So, Do Kyungsoo,” Jongin pulled back to stare at Kyungsoo, arms still holding his waist, “Will you be my boyfriend?”

 

“I-”

 

“Kiss me once for ‘yes.’” Jongin interrupted.

 

Kyungsoo waited a few seconds more, “What happens if I wanted to say ‘no?’”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes, “Your only option is ‘yes’ so...” Jongin obnoxiously pouted his lips and closed his eyes. Kyungsoo giggled endlessly as he shyly pecked Jongin on his lips (the thought of initiating a kiss was still too embarrassing).

 

“Y-yes.”

 

Jongin laughed and kissed Kyungsoo once again.

 

 


 

“Joonmyun-hyung? Are you home?” Kyungsoo called out from the kitchen. Joonmyun hollered back from the kitchen. Kyungsoo and Jongin entered the apartment with their shoes off.

 

“Hey hyung,” Kyungsoo asked as he walked into the kitchen, “C-Can I sleepover Jongin’s tonight?”

 

“Jongin’s?”

 

“Hey, Joonmyun-hyung.” Jongin waved from the threshold of the kitchen.

 

Joonmyun smiled in reply, “Of course you can.” Kyungsoo smiled in delight.

 

“Thanks hyung!” Kyungsoo quickly grabbed Jongin’s wrist (Joonmyun smirked at the action) and lead the younger to his room.

 

Joonmyun loved the way Kyungsoo’s face lit up when he had allowed him to sleepover. Although, Kyungsoo didn’t really need to ask permission. He just needed to tell him. Joonmyun stopped chopping the vegetables to text Sooyoung that Kyungsoo wasn’t going to be here tonight. 

 

From: Choi Sooyoung

    

aww why!?

 

To: Choi Sooyung

 

sleeping ovr jongins house

 

From: Choi Sooyoung

 

ohhhhhh ;)

 

To: Choi Sooyoung

 

haha r u stll comng ovr @ 7

 

From: Choi Sooyoung

 

yeeep! bringing siwon along <3

 

To: Choi Sooyoung

 

ok c u then

 

From: Choi Sooyoung

 

tell kyunggie poo i said to have fun but not tooooo much fun ;D!!!!

 

To: Choi Sooyoung

 

haha ok

 

 


 

Jongin stepped inside Kyungsoo’s room for the first time. He was impressed but not entirely surprised at the cleanliness of it all. It was a small room. There was only a bed, desk, and nightstand which were all compacted to the left side of the room while the closet and entrance were on the right. Jongin instantly grinned as Kyungsoo looked for clothes in his closet. Jongin sat on the bed and picked up something that was resting nicely on top of the made bed.

 

“Hey hyung.” Jongin said. Kyungsoo hummed in reply, head still in the closet. “Do you sleep with the penguin I gave you?”

 

Kyungsoo gasped and whipped around to find Jongin playing with Kai. Turning a bright red, he tried to grab his penguin out of Jongin’s clutches but failed miserably. Jongin kept it away from him.

 

“Jongin! Give him back!” Kyungsoo wailed. He was on the bed now, reaching over the younger trying to get his stuffed animal. Jongin stretched his arm far out, gently pushing Kyungsoo away from the penguin. Kyungsoo on the other hand leaned a bit too far forward.

 

“Jongin! Give it to me-!” Before Jongin could respond, Kyungsoo flopped on top of Jongin. Kyungsoo gasped and scrambled to get off of Jongin. The latter just laughed and wrapped his arms around the older’s waist.

 

“J-Jongin,” Kyungsoo cried as he tried to free himself, “Let go!”

 

“No way,” Jongin retorted, “I want to cuddle with my boyfriend.”

 

Kyungsoo found himself blushing at the word, “Don’t say that!” He hit Jongin lightly on the chest.

 

“Say what? That you’re my BOYFRIEND?”

 

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo wailed. He buried his face in Jongin’s chest and felt the laugh that resonated off of Jongin. They were both quiet for a couple of seconds, enjoying each others embrace. Kyungsoo felt Jongin’s lips atop his head, “Your heart is beating so fast.”

 

“I-I, y-you- Don’t say that!” Kyungsoo spluttered as he once again tried to escape.

 

Jongin only chuckled and said, “Let’s stay like this for a bit. It’s still early anyway.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and tried to relax himself but to no avail. He was hyperaware of everything now. How his and Jongin’s feet and legs were intertwined. How Jongin’s arms and hands were snugly wrapped around his waist (while holding onto Kai). How Jongin’s chest kept rising (Kyungsoo hoped his heart was beating as fast as his). How Jongin’s chin was just above his head. It was so nerve wrecking. 

 

Suddenly, Kyungsoo felt nervous. He forgot how much he currently weighed. He didn’t want to crush Jongin underneath him. Kyungsoo squirmed a bit to hopefully get some of his body off of the younger. 

 

“What are you doing?” Jongin asked as he tightened his grip.

 

“I just, I’m- I don’t want to break you.” Kyungsoo mumbled, embarrassedly. 

 

Jongin just laughed and kissed Kyungsoo’s head again, “You’re fine hyung.”

 

“But-”

 

“You’re fine hyung,” Jongin reiterated, “You’re perfectly fine.”

 

“But I-”

 

“Trust me. Stop thinking and close your eyes. We’ll leave in a bit.”

 

“O-Okay.” And Kyungsoo did just that, enjoying Jongin’s steady breath.

 

...

 

“So are you guys eating dinner here or at Jongin’s house?”

 

“Joonmyun-hyung!!!”

 


*{author's note}*

*~~~*

SO AFTER SEVENTEEN AGONIZING CHAPTERS, Jongin and Kyungsoo are finally dating. JFC, finally. Next chapter is the sleepover, yaaay! I'm excited for that. Now to write it though, LOL.

P.S. Not beta-ed in the slightest bit.