The Dark Side Has Nutella

Blush and Fall [DISCONTINUED]

 

“So tell me about your problem,” Jongdae faced his younger cousin, “Who’s who, stuff like that.”

 

Jongin bit his lip, “I thought I loved someone, but he has a boyfriend now. And they have a friend who I already find undeniably cute. But since they’re friends-”

 

“Names, Kim Jongin,” Jongdae pouted, “I’m not going to spew anything.”

 

“Fine,” Jongin reluctantly agreed, “Do you remember Chanyeol?”

 

“Yeah, I-” Jongdae gasped, “You like Chanyeol!?”

 

Jongin slapped his hand across his cousin’s mouth, “Not so loud! Sunyoung-noona and Jinri don’t need to know that I’m gay.”

 

Jongdae pried his mouth away from Jongin’s sweaty palm, “I thought you were out...?”

 

Jongin frantically shook his head, “No way. My father will kill me. Literally.”

 

“What do you mean-”

 

“Do you remember me having an older brother?” Jongdae shook his head. “Exactly. Neither do I. Apparently, I had an older brother - older than Sunyoung-noona - who completely ditched the family because my dad was so angry when he found out he was gay.” 

 

“Oh,” Jongdae was in shock, “I never heard of him.”

 

“I guess it’s the family’s skeleton,” Jongin ended in a hushed voice, “But you actually know none of this, right?”

 

Catching on, Jongdae nodded, “I still just can’t believe you like Chanyeol!”

 

Jongin frowned, “What’s so wrong about Chanyeol?”

 

Jongdae bit his lip, “Sorry, sorry, I just- Really? Chanyeol? That tall, lanky giant that needs to learn how to brush his hair and control his face?”

 

Jongin groaned, “Okay, so he is a bit eccentric-” Jongdae raised his eyebrow. “But he was still a sweetheart, and he was just so nice-”

 

“Alright,” Jongdae put his hand up to shut his cousin up, “Continue on.”

 

Jongin sighed as he told his older cousin his problem. He said how he was so, so close to loving Chanyeol, but he was unfortunate to walk in on Chanyeol and his boyfriend almost having . He transferred to their former high school (with a broken heart, yay) and just so happened to meet the absolute, cutest, most innocent, boy-

 

“I think you like Kyungsoo.” Jongdae concluded, interrupting Jongin’s story.

 

“...What?”

 

“I think you like Kyungsoo.” Jongdae repeated.

 

Jongin’s jaw dropped, “But I barely-”

 

Jongdae frowned, “Honestly, Jongin. The way you were going about Kyungsoo, saying what an adorable little fluff ball he is... It sounds like you like him.”

 

“B-But I had a w-wet dream about Chanyeol this morning...?” Jongin stuttered.

 

Jongdae slapped his hand to his forehead and let it droop, “Do you not want to like Kyungsoo?”

 

“I-I-I do! But it’s just that,” Jongin looked around for an answer, “It’s just that... I don’t think I can-?”

 

“What do you mean ‘you don’t think you can?’” Jongdae asked.

 

“I just- I’m just- Kyungsoo’s so... He’s so cute,” Jongin wailed, “I don’t think he would be able to handle me. I’m so used to having someone baby me but with Kyungsoo? Oh, God. He’s the definition of a little baby! W-What happens if I scare him away because of my hormones!? And then there’s still Chanyeol-” Jongin gasped, “Jongdae-hyung! What should I-”

 

“You need to calm down,” Jongdae rolled his eyes, “It’s not like you’re going to ask Kyungsoo out right this second. You still need to make sure you’re completely over Chanyeol. You don’t want your adorable little fluff ball to feel like he’s a rebound, right?” 

 

Jongin nodded, “Y-Yeah. So um, how did you get over Suho?”

 

Jongdae bit his lip, “I realized that he just didn’t find me in that way, no matter how hard I tried. That was my wake-up call to move on.”

 

“But did you get over him,” Jongin asked again, “That’s what I’m asking.”

 

Jongdae shrugged, “More or less. I quit my job at the club so I don’t see him as often as before. I guess that helped.”

 

“Well, I can’t really cut bonds with Chanyeol for a while since Kyungsoo is like his baby or something like that.” Jongin shuddered.

 

“It’ll take a while Jongin,” Jongdae brought his younger cousin in for a shoulder hug, “But try not to force yourself to get over one person just to like another. It’s supposed to be natural.”

 

Jongin nodded in his cousin’s embrace, “Mmm, ‘kay.”

 

“But I honestly do think you’re falling for Kyungsoo,” Jongdae murmured, “Just let it happen.”

 

“Yeah, I wi-”

 

“Are you guys done being gay,” Sunyoung yelled from behind the door, “We’d like to come in now.”

 

The two cousins groaned as the girls stepped inside Jongin’s room: Sunyoung plopped herself on her brother’s bed, Hyoyeon sat on the rolling computer chair nearby, while Jinri took comfort in lying down on the carpeted floor.

 

“So what were you guys talking about?” Hyoyeon asked while looking at her nails.

 

Jongin gulped. He was a lot of things, but he definitely wasn’t a liar. Just as he was about to stutter some lame response, Jongdae butted in much to his dismay.

 

“Jongin’s just moody because he walked in on Chanyeol and his boyfriend having , and then he got ,” Jongdae answered simply, “He couldn’t find release there or here so... Yeah. That’s why he came upstairs.”

 

Sunyoung jumped out of the bed, “Ew. Kim Jongin. You better not have-”

 

“I didn’t,” Jongin protested quickly, waving his arms around, “I swear I didn’t. I-It calmed down.”

 

“Gross.” Sunyoung groaned. 

 

“Oh, be quiet Sun,” Hyoyeon giggled from her seat, “You’re lucky enough to have Jinki deal with your hormonal needs. Poor Jongin only has his hand.”

 

“Hyoyeon-noona!” Jongin yelled as he proceeded to throw a pillow at her.

 

“Ew! Jongin! What happens if you ed with this or something!” Hyoyeon complained as she kicked it towards the floor.

 

“Not near me!” Jinri shrieked, playing along with her cousin and sister.

 

Jongin buried his face underneath his blankets in embarrassment, but a small smile could be found on his lips. Jongdae laughed along with his female relatives before snuggling underneath the blankets too and whispering, “Don’t worry. You’ll soon have Kyungsoo to-”

 

Turning bright red, Jongin proceeded to successfully shove Jongdae off his bed. The three girls screamed when Jongdae toppled off the bed, bringing the blanket down with him.

 

“Kim Jongin! How could you,” Jongdae wailed, “After I helped you with your little problem-”

 

The three girls gasped. Sunyoung was the first to speak, “D-Don’t tell me t-that you t-two...”

 

Jongdae raised an eyebrow, “Do what?”

 

“Please dear God, have mercy on us.” Hyoyeon cried to the heavens.

 

Jongin frowned, “No guys, seriously. I’m confused.”

 

“Youguysdidn’thaveorsomethingright!?” Jinri asked speedily as she shut her eyes. Both boys mouths gaped open as they glanced at each other. Jongdae retched while Jongin shuddered violently.

 

“I would never sleep with Jongdae-hyung.” Jongin stated. His stomach felt sick with just the mere thought of it.

 

“But you have to tonight!” Hyoyeon retorted.

 

Sunyoung’s eyes widened, “Please don’t tell me you actually want our brothers to-”

 

“Oh, God no,” Hyoyeon laughed heartily before smiling, “We’re sleeping over tonight, too! Aren’t you excited?”

 

The three siblings froze and frowned before Sunyoung wailed about losing her sanity. It was going to be a long night.

 

“Why,” Jongin wailed, “Dealing with you guys just for a few hours is a nuisance.”

 

“Hey, we’re not that bad.” Jongdae complained from on the floor.

 

“Well-”

 

“Hush,” Hyoyeon interrupted Jongin, “My best friend is getting married, and she wants me and Jongdae to help plan the wedding reception.” She squealed in excitement. “And you guys live close to where she lives so... Yeah!”

 

“What about the actual wedding unni?” Jinri asked Hyoyeon.

 

The eldest shrugged, “She said some close family friends are doing that.”

 


 

 

“But why did you have to ask us noona?” Kyungsoo pouted as he decided which kind of muffin to make. It was almost noontime by the time he and Joonmyun got up but hey, who doesn’t love a good muffin?

 

Joonmyun nodded his head in agreement, “Yeah, you could have easily gotten a wedding planner or something. Or have those thirty minute-”

 

“No,” Sooyoung interrupted immediately, “Never will I ever have one of those kinds of weddings. Besides guys, you’re just helping me with the actual wedding. Not the party and stuff-”

 

“Who’s helping with that?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Sooyoung turned around in her seat to face the younger boy, “My BFFL Hyoyeon.”

 

“Oh-”

 

“What’re you making baby?” Sooyoung cooed as she stared at the ingredients Kyungsoo was plucking out of the cabinets.

 

“Muffins.”

 

“What kind?” Kyungsoo noticed that evil grin on his noona’s face.

 

With a sigh he answered, “Whatever you’d like-”

 

“Anything with Nutella,” Sooyoung pleaded, “Please baby?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head and decided which recipe he was going to follow: the cinnamon and sugar muffin with Nutella stuffed inside. Yay for sugar!

 

“So anyway,” the bride-to-be turned around again to face Joonmyun, “Our wedding colors are definitely going to be some sort of pink and white.”

 

“Can we make it a light pink, please?” Her soon-to-be-husband begged softly.

 

Sooyoung tilted her head, “I suppose that would be okay-”

 

“Thanks honey.” Siwon whispered and kissed her cheek causing her to giggle.

 

Joonmyun rolled his eyes, “Okay, so a baby pink would be okay?”

 

Sooyoung nodded, “I’m sure that would be fine.”

 

Joonmyun stood up and opened up one of the drawers near Kyungsoo. Grabbing a pen and a notepad, he made it back to his place and quickly jotted down the wedding’s theme colors (for the time being, he noted).

 

His noona beamed, “Oh, you’re so smart Joonie. Anyway, I was deciding on the flowers. Should we do roses?”

 

Joonmyun shrugged, “They’re nice.”

 

Siwon shook his head, “A bit too clichéd for me. Hm, I have a friend in China who’s a florist. He could probably lead us in the right direction.”

 

“Noted,” Joonmyun affirmed as he scribbled the information, “Have you started looking for a dress Sooyoung-noona?”

 

She grinned, “That’s only something between me and my girls.” She glanced over to her future husband. “I don’t want him to know at all.”

 

Siwon rolled his eyes, “You know I wouldn’t-”

 

Sooyoung cut him off with a kiss and patted his chest, “I know. I’m just being extra cautious because you know how careless I can be.”

 

He smiled, “I know.”

 

“Anyway, have you decided who you’re going to invite?” Joonmyun asked, trying to ignore the couple’s PDA.

 

“Of course,” Sooyoung nodded as she reached into her purse, “So far the max we want to invite is 150, but we’re sending out 200 invitations... Roughly around those numbers.

 

“Why so many noona?” Kyungsoo asked from his kitchen station.

 

“We assume not everyone can make it,” Siwon answered, “So we’d rather have slightly more than 150 versus a crowd less than that.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head in understanding. Joonmyun continued, “What do the invitations look like?”

 

“Oh, I don’t even know,” Sooyoung complained, “We haven’t gotten into that much detail yet. He only proposed to me yesterday, remember?”

 

“Right,” Joonmyun noted, “Just make sure you have at least a sketch of who you want to invite.”

 

The couple nodded, but Sooyoung squealed, “I know who should come!” The two brothers didn’t bother replying. “Do you guys want to bring dates to my wedding?”

 

Both Joonmyun’s and Kyungsoo’s face turned bright red. Joonmyun spoke up, “Um, noona, we don’t have-”

 

“Nonsense! You have Yixing, and Kyungsoo has Jongin!” Sooyoung beamed.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to hide as he heard a light chuckle coming from Sooyoung’s fiancé. He quickly poured the batter into the sprayed muffin tins and popped them in the preheated oven. He made his way over to his seat and plopped down.

 

“Noona, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t come-” Kyungsoo began.

 

But Sooyoung shook her head, “Nope. You two are going to invite Yixing and Jongin. I am your noona therefore you must listen to me.

 

Joonmyun sighed, “Fine, we’ll invite them.” Sooyoung jumped happily in her seat. 

Kyungsoo on the other hand felt his face growing redder. If he had to invite Jongin, that means he would have to face and talk to the boy again. Kungsoo gulped. He didn’t want to see Jongin again after the carnival. He might become... Hopeful.

 

“Kyunggie baby? Are you okay?” Sooyoung asked sweetly.

 

The boy hated how pink his cheeks were. He probably looked so stupid in front of his noona’s fiancé. He was eighteen already. Eighteen-year olds shouldn’t be so flustered over a first kiss. Kyungsoo unintentionally touched his lips; he could still feel the faint lingering of Jongin’s lips. Quick flashbacks of last night, and Kyungsoo squeaked and closed his eyes as he tried to shoo away the thoughts by shaking his head. Joonmyun nudged Kyungsoo out of his reverie, and the latter instantly yelped. 

 

“Kyunggie? Are you alright?” Sooyoung repeated. Kyungsoo’s face flushed when he noticed Siwon staring at him.

 

“I-I’m going to go to my room,” he muttered quickly, “Just make sure to check on the muffins.” And with that, he bolted to his room slamming the door shut.

 

Joonmyun coughed awkwardly while Sooyoung fiddled with her fingers. Siwon stood up from his chair, “I’ll go talk with him.”

 


 

 

Kyungsoo wailed into his pillow. He wasn’t supposed to think about that. He buried his face deeper in his pillow. It was just embarrassing that he was having a spasm in front of Sooyoung’s fiancé that he literally just met. 

 

There was a soft knock at his door. He groaned loudly in reply and hid himself underneath his blankets as the door creaked open.

 

“Go away Sooyoung-noona,” Kyungsoo whined, “I don’t wanna talk right now.”

 

“I-I’m not Sooyoung...”

 

Kyungsoo ripped off the sheets to find Siwon standing at the threshold. The younger whinnied and shoved his head back underneath his pillow. Siwon chuckled as he made his way towards the bed. Kyungsoo pouted when he felt the bed dip down. He heard Siwon let out a light sigh and pulled the pillow away from Kyungsoo. The latter wailed and tried to snatch the pillow back, but Siwon was tall enough to keep it away from him.

 

Kyungsoo huffed and sat up. Siwon laughed and ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair, causing him to cross his arms.

 

“What do you want?” Kyungsoo pouted.

 

Siwon stifled another laugh, “Sooyoung was right. You really are adorable.”

 

Kyungsoo’s cheek turned pink, “S-She talks about me?”

 

Siwon nodded, “Definitely. She’s always talking about you and Joonmyun.”

 

“W-What does she say about us?” Kyungsoo asked curiously.

 

“Nothing bad,” Siwon reassures him, “But she honestly adores you two. It almost makes me jealous.” He laughed. “Not really but still, she loves you both. If I didn’t know better, I’d probably think you were her younger brothers or something.”

 

“Oh, okay,” Kyungsoo smiled cheerily, “Yay!”

 

“Although she does spill a few secrets about you guys...” Siwon trailed off.

 

Kyungsoo panicked, “About wh-what!?”

 

Siwon grinned, “Your first kiss with Jongin.”

 

Kyungsoo whimpered helplessly as he retreated underneath blankets. Siwon only laughed more, “It’s not that bad Kyungsoo. It’s cute.”

 

“It’s not,” Kyungsoo protested from his position in the heap of blankets, “I’m eighteen already! I shouldn’t be so, so-” He kicked his feet and covered his face with the blankets.

 

“It’s okay to have a crush on someone Kyungsoo,” Siwon continued calmly, “How do you think me and Sooyoung started dating?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged underneath the blanket.

 

“I was an absolute loser when it came to her... I still am,” Siwon sighed heartily, “She’s probably the only person who could make me feel so comfortable.”

 

“But this is different,” Kyungsoo complained, “Y-You don’t get flustered when someone says her name!”

 

Siwon chuckled, “I guess-”

 

“Exactly,” Kyungsoo whined, “It’s so em-embarrassing.” 

 

“I don’t think Jongin thinks it’s embarrassing,” Siwon ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair that was sticking out, “I’m pretty sure he finds it flattering.”

 

“But he probably straight.” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

Siwon sighed. He pushed Kyungsoo over to make room on the bed. He smiled, “But he kissed you.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as his face flared pink once more, “I don’t wanna talk about it!”

 

“So you liked it?” Siwon deduced.

 

“N-No,” Kyungsoo panicked - his face was so red right now, “I-I-I really didn’t-”

 

“You don’t have to lie.” Siwon smiled.

 

“Fine, I liked it.” Kyungsoo grumbled.

 

Siwon ripped the sheets off of Kyungsoo and pulled the boy to sit upright, “I’m going to be your future brother-in-law... Sort of. I want us to be able to talk about this stuff, okay?” Kyungsoo nodded. “Good, now I would like to try those muffins you baked. They smell delicious.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled. Maybe Sooyoung’s fiancé wouldn’t be so bad after all.

 


 

 

“So when are we leaving for Sooyoung-noona’s?” Jongdae asked Hyoyeon. They were currently in the bathroom brushing their teeth. They had spent the whole afternoon just catching up with their three cousins. Although they seemed like they all hated each other, it wasn’t really the case. They just have a special way of showing family love.

 

Hyoyeon shrugged as she spit, “I don’t know. Sooyoung’s gonna text me tomorrow morning. She wants us to see the church they’re having the wedding in too.”

 

Jongdae frowned, “Why?”

 

“She just wants us too, okay,” she washed her toothbrush, “Besides, she wants us to meet the people helping with the actual wedding.”

 

“Boring,” Jongdae yawned as he too spit, “Who are they anyway?”

 

“Joonmyun and Kyungsoo.” Hyoyeon replied.

 

Jongdae choked on his own spit, “K-Kyungsoo?”

 

Hyoyeon nodded, “Yep! He’s practically her baby brother.”

 

Jongdae rinsed out his mouth and toothbrush and grinned, “I think we should take Jongin along.”

 

His older sister raised an eyebrow, “What are you up to?”

 

He giggled, “Jongin may or may not have a little crush on Kyung-”

 

“No way,” Hyoyeon gasped, “Shut up! For sure I thought-”

 

“That’s what I thought-”

 

“He’s really-”

 

“Mhm.” Jongdae nodded in confirmation. 

 

“But why do you want to...” It was Jongdae’s turn to raise his eyebrow. “You’re not going to...”

 

“You know I am, sis,” Jongdae cheered gleefully, “Besides, Jongin’s having a midlife crisis anyway. He’s forcing himself to not like Kyungsoo.”

 

Hyoyeon frowned, “Why? Kyungsoo’s so freaking adorable. If he wasn’t so young, I’d go for him-”

 

Jongdae gagged, “Let’s not go there noona.”

 

“Fine, fine,” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, “Just make sure you don’t piss Jongin off.” Jongdae chuckled darkly. “Jongdae... I’m telling you...”

 

“Whatever you say noona,” he smiled evilly as he exited the bathroom, “Whatever you say...”

 


 

*{author's note}*

*~~~*
 
This chapter was an absolute monster. It's just one of those chapters that're necessary but oh, so agonizing to write... Hopefully the next chapter won't be so dragging /winky face. Thanks for being patient with me guys. I appreciate it a lot.
 
I promise this will soon pick up! You waited for EXO's comeback; I think you can wait for me to pick up the pace in updating and having the story going at a faster pace, kekeke~.