Scribbled Notes and Two Truths, One Lie

Blush and Fall [DISCONTINUED]

 

hi i’m jongin :)

 

Kyungsoo stared incredulously at the note the new kid next to him slyly passed him. He read it over twice just to make sure he read it correctly and wasn’t dreaming.

 

I know.

 

Kyungsoo not-so-secretly slid the note back to the boy next to him. He watched the boy frown.

 

i was hoping for your name...

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he scribbled down his answer. Shouldn’t Jongin have paid attention to when the teacher told him to sit next to him?

 

Do Kyungsoo.

 

It’s not that Kyungsoo wanted to be a cold person. He was just too focused on the ever-so interesting topic of stoichiometry and found it more important than small talk with the newcomer.

 

do you not want to talk to me :(

 

He rolled his eyes at the maturity level of Jongin.

 

Class.

 

He pointed to the board for extra emphasis. He noticed Jongin pout and made all the attempt not to stare at his pretty pink lips.

 

after then ^^

 

Jongin smiled sweetly at him before returning his attention to the board with reluctance. Kyungsoo wrote down the steps on how to convert moles to mass or whatever the hell was going on. He sighed inwardly. He was impressed as to how the new kid was at least trying to talk to him, but the less they know about each other the easier it would be for Kyungsoo to not be hurt once he left for another group of people.


Jongin used his peripheral vision to watch Kyungsoo diligently copying what the teacher had posted on the board. He tried to stifle a giggle as Kyungsoo showed no mercy to erasing a mistake he made. The boy next to him had an interesting vibe.

 

He watched the clock slowly tick by. How many more minutes until lunch again? He spun his pencil between his fingers to pass by more time while wondering how his other friend - the one who recommended this school to him - was able to withstand it. It was so draining. All of the people in his class screamed ‘morons’ alongside that.

 

Accidentally, the writing utensil slipped his hand and ended up poking Kyungsoo in the arm. The other boy frowned while Jongin could only mutter ‘sorry’ with a not-so apologetic smile. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and picked up the pencil off the ground. Jongin took it out of his hand mouthed ‘thank you’ along with enjoying the slight pink on Kyungsoo’s cheek.

 

After an agonizing six whole minutes, the bell finally rang noting that it was lunch. Most of the kids in his class let out a sigh of relief as the teacher’s droning lecture finally stopped. As soon as she left, the students went to their bags to get their lunch. Almost immediately, more than half of the students swarmed Jongin.

 

“So tell us where you’re from,” a girl - Areum if Jongin remembered correctly, “It’s strange for someone to come this late in the year.”

 

“I, um, came from a dance school-”

 

Jongin quickly spotted Kyungsoo getting out of his seat, grabbing his bag, and heading out of the classroom. The students instantly moved away from him as he walked out. Jongin wanted to call Kyungsoo, tell him to stay (and save him), but he was bombarded by other statements.

 

“Ooh, a dance school,” another voice butted in, “How interesting!”

 

“No wonder your body is so delicious-”

 

“Shut it Suji,” a boy snapped, “He’s not going to buy it-”

 

“Where’d Kyungsoo go?” Jongin asked, not really paying attention to anyone else. He wasn’t enjoying being ogled at.

 

Suji shrugged, “It doesn’t really matter. He’s not important. You’re more interesting anyway.” She winked at him, and he shuddered.

 

“Actually, I think he is. I’m going to find him...” Jongin decided as he stood up, grabbing his things.

 

“Wait don’t go,” Suji pleaded as she grabbed his hand, “Stay with us a bit longer?”

 

“Yeah, don’t go look for the loser,” the boy spat, “He’s not worth anyone’s time.”

 

“You didn’t have to put it that way Daehyun,” Suji rolled her eyes, “But he’s totally right.”

 

Jongin shrugged, “Well, whatever. I’m going to look for him.” He managed to squeeze his way through the mass amount of people surrounding him. He took a deep breath as he finally made it alive and out of the classroom. 

 

Still unfamiliar with the new school, Jongin was hopelessly lost as he wandered the aimless hallways that never seemed to end. He debated about texting his friend who also went here but since his friend was a year younger, he doubted he would even know who Kyungsoo was let alone knowing where he was.

 

Jongin explored the school some more before he came across an exit door that was slightly open due to a rock in the crevice. Curiously, Jongin opened the door a bit more to be greeted in the school’s green house. He slowly closed the door behind him - making sure the rock was still set in its place - before venturing into the garden-like house.

 

He was in awe as to how many different flowers that were still alive and some even blooming in this weather. He passed by the floral part within the greenhouse and opened the door which lead to the outside. Instantly, Jongin was greeted by multiple food-bearing plants and trees, much to his amazement. He thought his old school’s hangout room were sick, but this was completely different.

 

Jongin looked around to see any signs of the boy he was searching for. Luckily, he found him sitting on the ground while reading underneath a pear tree, eating his lunch in peace. Jongin silently made his way over, and Kyungsoo hadn’t even noticed him. The former moved behind the tree to see what the boy was reading. He didn’t realize his breathing would startle the one sitting down.

 

“Sorry,” Jongin chuckled as he plopped down next to Kyungsoo whose eyes were as wide as saucers, “Did I scare you?”

 

“I-I just wasn’t expecting anyone too...” Kyungsoo trailed off as Jongin leaned in from next to him to see what he was reading, “M-May I help you?” 

 

Jongin shook his head, “Nah, just wanted to keep you company.” He sat down next to Kyungsoo. “Why’d you leave the classroom?”

 

“I, uh, I don’t like it in there?” Kyungsoo squeaked as he felt Jongin inching closer to him.

 

The tanner boy nodded his head, “Yeah, gets stuffy in there, huh?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded wordlessly as he tried to go back to rereading the same paragraph again. Jongin sighed as he took out his brown paper bag to find Baekhyun’s hot pink sticky note attached to it. He laughed as he quickly punched the number into his phone. Better safe than sorry.

 

“So Kyungoo-yah,” Jongin began to break the silence, “What’re you reading?”

 

Jongin looked over to see the other blushing as he tried to hide the book’s cover. Jongin raised an eyebrow as he easily pried the book out of Kyungsoo’s grip. The other scrambled to retrieve it back but with no avail, he hid his face in his hands.

 

Twilight,” Jongin asked in disbelief, “You’re reading this?” Kyungsoo only whimpered in reply. Jongin noticed how his ears were turning red.

 

“Why are you reading it?” Jongin asked in curiosity. He leafed through the pages, skimming through different paragraphs. He noticed how some pages were folded and some sentences highlighted. Kyungsoo remained silent.

 

Jongin turned it over to the back to read an excerpt. As he read it, he said aloud, “This sounds interesting.” Almost instantly, Kyungsoo’s body relaxed a bit.

 

“Bella falls in love with a... A vampire?” Jongin asked as he looked at Kyungsoo whose hands were now off his face. The other boy nodded shyly.

 

“Is it good so far?” 

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip before nodding his head once more.

 

“You should tell me how the story ends,” Jongin continued, “I would read it, but I hate reading so...” 

 

Kyungsoo’s eye grew wide. He looked over to Jongin, “Y-You’re, um kidding... Right?”

 

Jongin shook his head, “No really. I’m curious.”

 

“A-Alright.”

 

Jongin gave the book back to Kyungsoo with a small smile. The latter closed the book and placed it on his lap. Awkwardness ensued. Both of them listened to the wind blowing between them for a few seconds too long.

 

“Okay. It’s too quiet. Let’s play something.” Jongin stated.

 

“H-Huh?”

 

Jongin smiled as he put his apple back in the paper bag, “I’ll give you two truths and one lie-”

 

“Isn’t that for big groups-” Kyungsoo interrupted, “B-But I mean-” Only to become shy again.

 

“It’s fine, let’s just try it, okay? You just have to figure out which one is the lie.” Jongin asked, and Kyungsoo nodded while putting his book down onto the ground.

 

“Let’s see. I transferred from a dance school, I was kicked out because I being a bad boy, and the reason why I go here is because my friends went and go here,” Jongin started, “Which is the lie, Kyungsoo-yah?”

 

Kyungsoo thought for a moment. He looked at Jongin before answering, “Um, you transferred from a dance school?”

 

Jongin’s jaw dropped, “What makes you think that’s the lie!?”

 

“Y-You look like a bad boy, and this school is pretty big...” Kyungsoo mumbled quickly as he began to fidget his fingers.

 

Jongin frowned, “Do I really seem like the bad boy?” He was still upset over the fact that probably half the reason as to why everyone swarmed him earlier was because of his looks.  Kyungsoo peeked over at the other boy who had a puppy face. The former snorted before covering his nose and lips with his hand in embarrassment. Jongin’s pout faded into a smile when he noticed the sides of Kyungsoo’s eyes crinkle. The boy was actually smiling for once.

 

Jongin laughed at the boy’s masked smile, “I guess I do then. You’re turn Kyungsoo.”

 

The boy slowly removed his hand from his mouth. He bit his lip before continuing, “I-I like to cook, I have an older brother, and I, um, am very... Untidy?”

 

“The lie is that you’re untidy,” Jongin answered immediately.

 

“How’d you guess so easily?” Kyungsoo frowned.

 

Jongin stifled his giggle, “You at lying.”

 

Kyungsoo pouted, “Is that supposed to be an insult?”

 

“Nah,” the other shook his head, “I suppose that’s a good thing. It’s better to be truthful than a liar. Alright my turn. Let’s see... My birthday is on January 14, I have two older siblings and I have younger twin sister, and my best friend who brought me here is really smart.”

 

“Um, the sibling one is the lie...?” Kyungsoo questioned.

 

Jongin only laughed in reply, “Wow, you really at this game Kyungsoo.”

 

The other jutted his lip out, “Meanie.”

 

“So I’ve heard,” Jongin replied with a grin, “But nah, the lie is about how my best friend is smart. That’s a complete lie. He’s actually really idiotic.”

 

“Don’t make fun of your best friend!” Kyungsoo scolded lightly as he punched Jongin on the arm.

 

“Nah, Chanyeol-hyung’s cool with it,” Jongin answered, “I’ve been teasing him since we were born.”

 

“O-Oh, okay,” Kyungsoo squeaked, “M-My turn?” Jongin nodded.

 

“I actually know your Chanyeol-hyung.” Jongin raised an eyebrow. “I-I, um, work a-at a, uh, b-bakery! And I’m your hyung...” Kyungsoo trailed of at the last statement.

 

“There’s no way you’re my hyung.” Jongin gaped.

 

Kyungsoo nodded shyly. 

 

“What! Lies,” Jongin joked, “You can’t be possibly older than twelve.”

 

“Kyungsoo puffed out his cheeks, “Hey!”

 

“I’m serious,” Jongin exclaimed, “Look at you. You barely passed puberty.” Jongin pinched Kyungsoo’s cheek for extra emphasis.

 

Kyungsoo made a wailing noise as he tried to pry his cheek away from the assaulter. Jongin finally gave in and released the other’s cheek from his grip. Kyungsoo immediately covered both of this cheeks with his hands to protect them from any other attacks.

 

“Meanie.” Kyungsoo grumbled.

 

Jongin chuckled as he ruffled the other’s hair, “You’re so cute.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, and he was thankful that his hands were already covering his now pink-tainted cheeks. 

 

“D-Don’t lie.” Kyungsoo murmured as he averted his gaze to the ground.

 

“Nah, it’s true,” Jongin stated as he leaned back against the pear tree, “Never met a kid who’s supposedly my age look twelve.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned, “Are you insulting me again?”

 

“No, it’s just fun to tease you.” Jongin smiled as he pinched Kyungsoo’s nose.

 

“Jongin, you’re supposed to respect your hyungs!” Kyungsoo whined.

 

Jongin deadpanned, “I don’t believe you’re my hyung.”

 

Before Kyungsoo could retort, the bell rang signaling lunch was over. Jongin immediately stood up to stretch. Kyungsoo gathered his things quickly as he too stood up. Jongin held out his hand.

 

“Let’s go, my so-called hyung.” Jongin snickered. 

 

Kyungsoo bit his lips, “N-No, it’s okay... I-I’ll catch up with-”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes, “Don’t be silly.” He grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand and dragged the other back inside the greenhouse. Kyungsoo was having a panic attack. He slackened his grip in Jongin’s hand, hoping the other would loosen his. Unfortunately, Jongin only shifted his hands so that their fingers interlaced. Kyungsoo prayed that his hands didn’t get clammy. They walked back to the classroom in silence. By how fast and how confident Jongin as walking, Kyungsoo almost thought Jongin knew the way. Almost

 

“J-Jongin,” Kyungsoo stammered as the boy looked back at him, “T-The classroom is the other way...”

 

“I know, I was just testing you.” Jongin replied smoothly. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as Jongin led them back to the correct room before the second bell rang. He was about to open the door when Kyungsoo attempted to jerk his hand out of his grip, but his grip was too strong.

 

“What’s wrong, Kyungsoo?” Jongin asked as he noticed the other having a panic attack.

 

“I-I-I,” Kyungsoo could barely say anything coherent, “I-I don’t t-think it’s a good idea i-if w-we, together, g-go inside.”

 

Jongin raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

 

“B-B-Because... Because t-they’ll make fun of me...” Kyungsoo whispered the last part, hoping Jongin wouldn’t here. But of course to his luck, the boy did.

 

“Why would they make fun of you?” Jongin asked in all sincerity.

 

“I-I-I don’t want to talk about it...” Kyungsoo mumbled as he yet again tried to remove his hand, but nothing was happening. 

 

“C’mon, it’ll be fine,” Jongin said as he opened the door, “I’m here, okay?”

 

Kyungsoo gulped but nodded. He somehow believed him.

 


 

want to come with me after school?

 

Kyungsoo stared at the note again. He finally faced his somewhat of a fear of going inside the classroom. Jongin held his hand the whole time, but he could feel all of his classmates’ eyes on them, more so on him. Kyungsoo felt the icy daggers of the girls practically pin him down. He bit his lip.

 

Can’t. Work.

 

He watched Jongin frown. Suddenly, Jongin whipped out his phone from his pocket and began texting someone quickly. Kyungsoo gave him a confused look, but Jongin just smiled in his way and back at his own phone. The younger immediately got a text which made him even happier. Kyungsoo was curious now as to what the other was typing away. Jongin waited a few more seconds after his second text for the reply. Once it arrived, Jongin smiled. He immediately wrote on the crumpled paper.

 

chanyeol called your bro who said it’d be okay! so come with us after school :)

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

 

Fine.

Jongin squealed silently in delight.


“Baekkie, Baekkie!” Chanyeol yelled from the entrance of the cafeteria. Baekhyun looked up form his spot in the cafeteria to see his giant boyfriend clumsily sprinting over to where he was. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Did he really love this loser?

 

“Baekkie, Baekkie, guess what!” Chanyeol exclaimed, panting. He didn’t even acknowledge the other presence at the table. 

 

“What Chanyeol?” Baekhyun grumbled as he was unhappy as to how his peaceful lunch with his other friend was disrupted.

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath, “Guess who Jongin met!”

 

Baekhyun frowned, “I don’t know.”

 

Chanyeol pouted like a puppy, and Baekhyun felt his heart melt, “You’re supposed to guess Baekkie.”

 

“But I at guessing!” Baekhyun complained.

 

“You’re no fun Baekkie.” Chanyeol complained.

 

“Just tell us who, God damn.” Another voice butted in. Chanyeol looked at the other person in surprise.

 

“Who are you?” Chanyeol asked in hostility. He lifted Baekhyun off his seat so he could sit down. He patted his lap and motioned his boyfriend to sit. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but proceeded to sit on top of Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol, don’t be mean.” Baekhyun frowned, and Chanyeol only shrugged while wrapping his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and resting his chin on his boyfriend’s shoulder.

 

“I’m Yixing,” the stranger introduced himself, “It’s pleasant to meet you too.”

 

“He’s from China,” Baekhyun quickly explained, “We walked around together.” Baekhyun felt his boyfriend’s grip tighten around him, and he was pretty sure Chanyeol was watching Yixing under scrutiny.

 

“I don’t like you.” Chanyeol stated immediately. Baekhyun groaned while Yixing laughed.

 

“Don’t worry Chanyeol, I won’t take away your Baekhyun.” Yixing answered.

 

“Good.” Chanyeol stuck out his tongue before kissing his boyfriend on the cheek. Yixing smirked as he watched Baekhyun’s cheeks go pink. 

 

“So who did Jongin meet?” Yixing asked.

 

Chanyeol’s grin widened, “He met our baby Kyungsoo, Baekkie. Jongin met Kyungsoo.”

 

Baekhyun gaped, “A-Are they talking?”

 

Chanyeol nodded excitedly, “Yeah, he asked if we could all hang out after classes.”

 

“Of course,” Baekhuyn squealed, “Would you like to come with us Yixing?”

 

“Is your boyfriend okay with it?” Yixing asked as he eyed Chanyeol. The other just frowned but didn’t say anything.

 

“He’s okay with it,” Baekhyun answered for him, “Or else he’s not going to be getting action for the rest of the month.”

 

“Baekkie!” Chanyeol wailed in distress.

 


 

*{author's note}*

*~~~*
 
Hallelujah! I'm alive and finally updated with a chapter! I swear I didn't mean for it to take this long. It's just one of those chapters that're the worst to write because nothing's happening, but it's essential to the story as a whole /sighs. Anyway! Hope it was alright. The next chapter will have more. I promise, okay? Thank you guys for staying faithful /sobs. I love you all!
 
Oh, and un-beta'd so if you notice anything horrendous, please do tell~!