Hot Pink Hair and a Cobalt Blue Dress

Blush and Fall [DISCONTINUED]

Jongin groaned as his phone alarmed haphazardly. With some struggle, he managed to finally switch the device off reading the time as exactly eight sharp. Heaving off of the comforts of his bed, he headed for his closet and quickly changed into some sweats and a simple tee. He grabbed the bag holding his tux and headed downstairs.

“Good morning Jongin-oppa,” Jinri called sweetly from the kitchen, “Are you hungry?”

 

Jongin sighed as he placed the tux on the couch, “Not really.”

 

“You should eat though,” Jinri insisted as she put a plate of chocolate pancakes on the table, “You have a big day ahead of you today.”

 

Knowing he couldn’t argue with his younger sister, he sat down and ate the breakfast she provided him. Jinri smiled and sat down next to him.

 

“Are you excited for the wedding?” She asked, examining her nails.

 

Jongin shrugged, “I don’t know. You know I’m not big on all the fancy event stuff.”

 

She nudged her brother, “I’m not necessarily talking about the wedding...”

 

“Then what are you talking about? Jongin eyed.

 

Jinri giggled, “I’m talking about Kyungsoo!”

 

Jongin visibly blushed and shoved another piece of pancake down his throat - only for it to be shoved down the wrong tube. Hacking on the piece of food, Jinri quickly got some milk for Jongin to which he chugged down.

 

“Thanks.” He mumbled.

 

Jinri smiled, “So you are excited to see Kyungsoo though.”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes, “What gave you that idea?”

 

“Hyoyeon-unni informed Sunyoung and I when they slept over,” Jinri smiled, “But don’t worry, we won’t say anything to mom and dad.”

 

“What about me?” Both kids turn around to see their father walking down the stairs in his worn-out, blue bathrobe.

 

“Good morning appa.” Jinri smiled sweetly as she stood up to hug her father.

 

“Good morning to you too,” their father smiled and kissed her on the forehead, “Jongin?” The boy only grunted. With a sigh, his father massaged Jongin’s shoulders, “Looking forward to the wedding?”

 

“Sure.”

 

The father frowned at the lack of response and moved towards the coffee maker. Jinri sat back down next to Jongin and nudged her brother again, signaling his to act better. Jongin only rolled his eyes.

 

“From what I’ve heard, weddings seem to be a commonplace for people to meet their future loved ones,” Jongin’s father commented, “Are you going to be looking for someone?”

 

“That’s none of your concern.” Jongin hissed, half because he didn’t want to respond, half because he wanted to distract himself from Jinri stepping on his foot.

 

“Oh Jongin, don’t be like that,” their father said obliviously, “I’m surprised you haven’t swooned any ladies yet. With looks like yours, I’m sure the girls-”

 

Jongin stood up abruptly to interrupt his father, “I’m going to get ready.”

 

“Jongin-” Jinri tried, but Jongin was already heading upstairs.

 


 

It was finally Sooyoung’s wedding day. After months and months of tedious planning and indecisive decisions, it was finally the day. Joonmyun and Kyungsoo had worked their butts off trying to finalize everything with the church. They often times bonded with Hyoyeon and Jongdae so they could make things run more efficiently. The jitters were full on today. Everybody had butterflies in their stomach.

 

“Joonmyun-hyung, what are you doing with my hair!?” Kyungsoo wailed as his brother sprayed yet another product on top of his poor head.

 

“Hush, Kyungsoo. Noona was very particular about what your hair would be like so I can only oblige.” Joonmyun murmured as he tried to brush his brother’s cowlicks into place.

 

“But I like it down.” Kyungsoo pouted.

 

Joonmyun chuckled once he finally fixed his brother’s hair perfectly, “But you look like a twelve-year old with your hair down.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned, “That’s what Jongin always says.”

 

Joonmyun laughed again as he exited the bathroom, “Speaking of the boy, are you excited to see your date?”

 

“I-It’s- H-He’s not.” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

“Sure, sure,” Joonmyun waved his hand, “Go change into your tuxedo. You’re meeting him there, right?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded even though Joonmyun couldn’t see. He headed to his room and sighed. Once he fit into his suit, he headed back to the bathroom to look at himself. He frowned immediately at his reflection. He looked like a twelve-year old who was trying too hard to grow up fast. He sighed; it was too late to change anyway.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah, are you almost ready?” Joonmyun called out from is room.

 

Kyungsoo nodded again, although Joonmyun couldn’t see him. He walked over to where his brother was and sighed. His brother looked dashing in his tuxedo. His hair was styled up, and he just finished spritzing himself with some cologne. Kyungsoo looked down at his attire. They were practically wearing the same thing except Joonmyun was rocking a while tie with baby pink accents while Kyungsoo donned the baby pink bow tie. He looked twelve.

 

“Don’t fret over it,” Joonmyun said as he tugged his brother out of his room, “You look fine.”

 

“I look twelve.” Kyungsoo pouted.

 

Joonmyun chuckled and pinched his brother’s cheek, “You look cute.”

 

“I’m not cute.” Kyungsoo huffed. They walked out of their apartment, bringing all of the necessities needed for Sooyoung’s wedding. The drive was a silent one; the only thing playing was the radio. Joonmyun hummed along with an occasional breakout. Kyungsoo aimlessly stared at the window, watching the cars and buildings pass by. Everything seemed to blur together after a few more minutes of watching, Kyungsoo noticed. He couldn’t decipher the difference between the sidewalk and road anymore. He closed his eyes for a second and drifted off peacefully into a deep sleep.

 


 

“Kyungsoo-yah,” Joonmyun cooed sweetly, “We’re here.”

 

The boy blinked sleepily and rubbed his eyes, “Did I fall asleep?”

 

Joonmyun laughed, “Yep. C’mon, help me bring in the stuff.”

 

Kyungsoo got out of the car and stretched. It was nice weather, Kyungsoo supposed, nice, sunny, and just a bit of breeze. Joonmyun tugged at Kyungsoo’s bow tie to straighten it out before handing Kyungsoo both of their tuxedo jackets. Joonmyun grabbed the box of pamphlets that contained the information about the bride and groom needed to place around the pews. Locking the door, the two brothers headed up the stairs of the church.

 

The out side of the church was decorated with pink and white flower garlands wrapping around the railings while the edges were tied with balloons of the same color. They immediately headed for the back so they could place their coats down and start placing the pamphlets.

 

“How many should go in a pew hyung?” Kyungsoo asked mindlessly as he opened the box.

 

Joonmyun shrugged, “That I don’t know. I guess we could put on in each book holder?” 

 

Kyungsoo nodded and brought the box out with him as he began to slip each program in each book holder. Joonmyun started on the flowers arrangements on the pews alongside the middle aisle. The church was still empty. Sooyoung put them in charge of the decorations before the wedding started while she got ready with her eight other bridesmaids. Kyungsoo didn’t know where Siwon was.

 

“Isn’t this exciting Kyungsoo,” Joonmyun asked, “I can’t believe Sooyoung-noona is getting married.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled to look at his brother, “Yeah, I can’t believe someone can actually handle her.”

 

Joonmyun tried to stifle his laugh but failed miserably, “You can’t say that!”

 

Kyungsoo giggled, “You know it’s true hyung.”

 

“I  know, I know,” Joonmyun agreed, “Now come on. We gotta finish this before guests start piling in and mess everything up.”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but continued working diligently. They only had an hour to set mostly everything up before people came in and became curiously nosy. The both of them stayed silent for the rest of the time; the excitement of the wedding stirring inside of them.

 

 


 

“Sooyoung, calm down,” Yuri soothed softly as she rubbed her best friend’s hand, “It’s okay.”

 

“I know, I know. I just- Just,” Sooyoung hiccuped, “Oh, oh God, I’m so nervous.”

 

“Someone get her a water, please!” Yuri called out. Sooyoung and her eight other bridesmaids were outside of the church, waiting for the time to come by. They had gotten ready at Sooyoung’s parent’s house earlier that morning, and Sooyoung could only talk about how excited she was.

 

But here they were now, trying to relax her from her small panic attack.

 

“Sooyoung, you’re fine,” Taeyeon cooed as she rubbed the bride’s shoulders, “Everything’s going to be okay.” Sooyoung was currently sitting on a chair while Yuri, Taeyeon, and Stephanie (Tiffany) were staying by her side. Hyoyeon went inside in search for some water. The other four were also inside the church making sure everything was in order.

 

“Noona?” A small voice piped. Sooyoung looked up to see Kyungsoo holding a bottle of water. “Are you alright?”

 

Taking a deep breath, Sooyoung nodded as she accepted the drink from Kyungsoo, “I’m okay I suppose. I’m just a little nervous, that’s all.”

 

“You shouldn’t be nervous noona. You look beautiful,” Kyungsoo complimented as he bent down to hug her, “You’ll make Siwon-hyung cry.”

 

Sooyoung giggled and kissed the boy on his cheek, “Thank you Kyungsoo.”

 

He nodded, “You better hurry. It’s about to start soon.” He smiled once more. “You’ll do fine.”

 

Sooyoung stood up, “I will, won’t I?”

 

The three girls took a sigh of relief, “You will.”

 

She looked behind her and grinned at the girls, “Ready to go?” They all nodded. Just as they did, the rest of the bridesmaids including the maid of honor, Sooyoung’s sister Soojin, came out of the church’s doors.

 

“Ready?” Soojin asked.

 

Sooyoung walked towards them, “Ready as I’ll ever be.” She looked to Kyungsoo. “Go to your seat now. Thank you.”

 

Kyungsoo squeezed his noona’s hand for luck and left for his spot next to Joonmyun in the front of the church.

 


 

“I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the priest announced, “You may kiss the bride.” Hollers were heard throughout the church space. Sooyoung blushed lightly as she turned to face Siwon with sparkling eyes. Siwon chuckled softly and cupped his bride’s face and pulled her in gently for a sweet kiss. More whistles and cheers arose from the church rows.

 

Kyungsoo watched in awe as the new couple slowly broke apart and intertwined their hands. There was a slight bit of jealousy, Kyungsoo shamefully admitted. Not because Sooyoung had found a man in her life, but because he wanted something special like that too. He wanted someone who would kiss him so gently and-

 

He gasped as his mind flashed back to the time in the park near the carnival. Jongin. Kyungsoo wanted to look around and see if Jongin had actually come to the wedding, but he didn’t want to seem eager. Hopefully he’d just see Jongin at the reception. Kyungsoo watched the happy couple eagerly walk down the aisle. Siwon was holding Sooyoung’s hand firmly, and anyone could see the pretty pink blush adorning her cheeks. 

 

Joonmyun nudged him, motioning it was time to head to the reception hall. They had promised Jongdae that they would accompany him in finishing any last minute glitches in the reception area since Hyoyeon was going to be busy. Quickly, they dodged their way through the busy church. Everyone was in a hurry to exit so they could take pictures with the new bride and groom before they left for their own personal photos.

 

“J-Joonmyun?” A small voice called out to them before they reached the car.

 

The boy turned around and his smiled immediately brightened even though his cheeks were slightly pink, “Yixing! You made it!”

 

Yixing nodded slightly, “I-I did. But um, where are you guys going?”

 

“Oh, we were just, uh, going to the reception hall early,” Joonmyun explained, “Just in case something happened, you know?”

 

“O-Oh,” Yixing hesitated, “M-My friend just dropped me off here since I don’t have a car...” He fidgeted with his fingers. “Could I maybe, just, ride with you two? I-I mean, I don’t want to intrude, but I was just kinda hoping that-”

 

“It’s fine,” Joonmyun reassured him, “Come with us.”

 

“R-Really? You don’t-”

 

“We don’t,” Kyungsoo concluded, “Let’s go before we’re swamped in here.”

 

Sooyoung realized they were leaving and gave them a small wave before they left.  The three of them waved bye quickly before making their getaway, Joonmyun driving with Yixing in the front, and Kyungsoo in the backseat. Kyungsoo hadn’t seen Jongdae throughout the church ceremony so he assumed they were in the back of the church, making sure nothing was going wrong in the hotel where the reception was to be held.

 


 

Kyungsoo glanced anxiously around the reception hall. All of the guests were starting to pile in after cocktail hour. Luckily, nothing went wrong when he, Joonmyun, and Jongdae came earlier. The staff were just simply setting everything together. The reception room was extravagant in Kyungsoo’s opinion. Long drapes of baby pink ribbon came from the chandelier to the corners of the ceiling and walls while the sakura trees stood proudly in the middle of each table. They were encased in tall, clear vases with baby pink rocks rooting them in. The branches were outstretched with adorable little flower buds complimenting them. 

 

Kyungsoo was sitting the table with Joonmyun and Yixing. The two of them seemed to be progressing nicely, Kyungsoo noted. There were a whole lot less awkward silences between them. And if there were, they were just trying to take a quick glance at each other only to make eye contact. Both would chuckle, blush, and look the other way. Kyungsoo found it cute.

 

“Boo!” Kyungsoo felt his breath knocked out of him for a quick second. “Found you!”

 

“O-Oh,” Kyungsoo gulped to only be slightly disappointed, “Hi Chanyeol-hyung.”

 

Chanyeol pouted, “Are you not happy to me Kyunggie!?”

 

Baekhyun laughed from behind his boyfriend and gave him a back hug, “No, he’s just upset that it wasn’t Jongin.”

 

Chanyeol frowned, “Where is that little poop anyway?”

 

Baekhyun shrugged, “I dunno. But me and Chanyeol are going to explore and see if we can steal little bits of food. Wanna come with?”

 

“Um, no thank you,” Kyungsoo said quickly, “I don’t want to be kicked out...”

 

“But Kyunggie...” Chanyeol whined.

 

Baekhyun responded by whacking Chanyeol on the head lightly, “Don’t be silly Channie. He’s looking for Jongin.”

 

Chanyeol sighed deeply, “Kyunggie, don’t fall for him. He’s really a poop-”

 

“Don’t listen to Chanyeol, Kyunggie. He’s just being overprotective.” Chanyeol pouted, but Baekhyun quickly kissed it away. “Oh, and Jongin’s over there! Now toodles!” He pointed over to the dance floor. And with that, Baekhyun dragged his giant boyfriend away from Kyungsoo despite the taller’s protests.

 

Kyungsoo looked over to the dance floor to only see Jongin’s head amongst the crowd. Just as he was about to stand up, he noticed a girl dash over to him. Jongin smiled and hugged the girl tightly, and Kyungsoo’s heart sank a bit. Jongin seemed really happy to see her. Instantly, the girl whispered something in his ear, and Kyungsoo tried not to gulp the uncomfortable lump in his throat. The girl was really pretty. She had hot pink hair and a very slim body. Her tight cobalt blue dress suited her nicely too. Kyungsoo sat further back in his chair as he watched them chatter excitedly. For some reason, he felt sick to his stomach. He clutched his tummy lightly; a stomachache might be coming.

 

“Are you okay?” Someone asked from behind him.

 

He whipped around to find one of Sooyoung’s bridesmaids standing there with a glass of water in her hand, “Would you like my water? I haven’t sipped out of it yet.”

 

“O-Oh,” Kyungsoo blushed lightly, “S-Sure.”

 

She smiled and pulled up a chair to sit next to him, “Why did you look so worried?”

 

“Oh, that, that was nothing.” Kyungsoo explained quickly. He took a gulp of water so he wouldn’t have to talk more.

 

She raised an eyebrow, but didn’t prod more, “I’m Jessica by the way.”

 

“Are you harassing people again babe?” A deep voice asked from behind them.

 

Startled, Kyungsoo turned around to see who it was. Jessica just rolled her eyes, “I’m not harassing him, Taec.” She got out of her chair and kissed him on the lips. “Taecyeon, this is Kyungsoo, the boy that Sooyoung always talks about. And Kyungsoo, this is Taecyeon, my boyfriend.”

 

“Hey, kid. Nice to meet you.” Taecyeon stuck a hand out. 

 

Kyungsoo took it, “N-Nice to meet you too.”

 

“Well we better get going babe,” Taecyeon said as he let go of Kyungsoo’s hand, “I think we need to get to our seats now.”

 

Jessica smiled as Taecyeon held her by the waist, “Bye Kyungsoo. We’ll talk later.” She winked and left with Taecyeon to where the rest of the bridesmaids and their respective dates were.

 

Kyungsoo looked back at the crowd to see where Jongin and the pretty girl was. They weren't to be found, and disappointment wormed its way into Kyungsoo's heart.

 

 



*{author's note}*

*~~~*
 
Please don't kill me! It's been over two months, I know. I apologize. It's my senior year and well, I hope you can understand just a bit.
 
Anyway, so not a lot happened in this chapter, right? Haha, don't worry. I have the next chapter basically finished. I'm just debating if I want to make it longer or not. So if you're disappointed with the lack of Kaisoo in this chapter, it will come in the next. I promise. AND THAT WILL BE UPDATED EITHER THURSDAY OR FRIDAY. I SWEAR ON MY LIFE.