Chapter 4

Marrying Lee Jinki or SHINee's Onew ?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 


* Ji Hyun's POV *

 

 

I can't believe time flew fast. I remembered the news umma brought me yesterday. And here I am today, not going to school to have some "make-over" umma wants. I really hate going to the hairdressers and have some hair treatments and stuff. I think my whole being is okay as it is. But then, it's my umma who wanted this. She says I need to look more pretty to impress my fiancé. But I think my fiancé should like me the way I am. Not this "me" whose changing my style. I just wished it would be over now.

 

 

- After 2 hours -

 

 

Finally! They finished doing my hair and make-up. We went to the mall to buy some clothes, specifically dresses, accessories, and high-heeled shoes. I hate wearing those. Why can't I just go to the dinner in a comfortable ensemble?

 

 

"Umma, do I have to wear this?" I asked as I pointed out dresses who seemed uncomfortable in wearing.
 

"Of course, it's a formal dinner and you need to look pretty." She said as she continues to scan for dresses.
 

"Aish."
 

"Watch your language, dear. No mumbling and using if informal language at the dinner."
 

"I understand, Eomeoni." I said as I bowed 90 degrees trying to imitate the ones I see at historical dramas.
 

"Don't be so stiff and don't forget to smile. Here, try this on." She said as she hand me a floral, knee-length dress and a 3 in. heels.
 

"This two look good together." I said as I took the clothings and head to the fitting room.

 

 

- After a few Minutes -

 

 

I walked out of the fitting room and saw my umma smile.

 

 

"Beautiful."

 

 

One word, just one word and I found myself completely happy. I turned around and walked to the mirror. I was shocked. I didn't even recognized myself. 'What the Heck?! Is that me?' I thought as I twirl around to see how the dress fit me.

 

 

 

 

"It's so beautiful." I said as I continued to check out myself in front of the mirror.
 

"No, You're beautiful. Dresses and make-ups only enhance or refine the beauty a person naturally has."
 

"I want to wear this for tonight."
 

"As you wish. Now go back in there and wear your clothes. We still have to shop for accessories. Palli!"
 

"Arasseo, umma. Wait here, ne?" I asked her.
 

"Of course. Now go." She said as she gave me a little push to the fitting room.

 

 

* Onew's POV *

 

 

This is it. The day Ji Hyun and I will meet as fiancés. Aigoo. I'm really excited yet nervous. I can't even sleep last night. Just the thought of being the fiancé of Ji Hyun is enough to make me feel so happy. I stayed at my parents' house last night. As I stood up from bed, I decided to go to the dorm and maybe ask a fashion advice from the Almighty Key.

 

 

- At SHINee's Dorm -

 

 

"Kibum-ah, are you here?" I said as I walked in to the dorm.
 

"Yah! It's Key. I'm here in the kitchen, hyung." He answered.
 

"I need your help with something, Key."
 

"Yeah, sure. As long as it's not illegal or whatsoever."
 

"I need you to help me choose an outfit for a dinner tonight."
 

"You asked the right person, hyung. What kind of dinner is it? Just a family dinner or something serious?"
 

"A s-serious dinner?" I face palmed myself as I stutter.
 

"Yah! Hyung! Just say what are you gonna do in that dinner." Key said angrily.
 

'They have the right to know.' I thought as I take a deep breath.
 

"It'sanengagementdinner. I'mgettingmarriednextweek." I said quickly.
 

"Hyung, calm your horses down. Breathe." Minho said as he appeared out of nowhere and patted my back.

 

 

Soon, all the SHINee members gathered in the kitchen. I began to feel nervous. Should I tell them? They have the right to know. I have been with them in so many years. They became my siblings. 'Say it, Jinki. It's now or never.'

 

 

"I have something to announce." I said as I began to panic inside.
 

"We'll be having a comeback?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"Ani. It's about this family dinner tonight, right hyung?" Key said.
 

"What dinner?" Taemin asked.
 

"I'm getting married next week." I announced as I looked over them and saw their expressions.
 

"WHAAAAATTT?!" They shouted in unison. The next thing I knew is that I'm flooded with questions.
 

"Who is your fiancé?" - Taemin
 

"Why so fast?" - Jonghyun
 

"How long did you kept it from us?" - Key
 

"I thought you had no girlfriend eversince you were born." - Minho (A/N : That hurt, Minho-ah. - Onew)
 

"The bad news is, it is an arranged marriage. I just got the news yesterday. But the good news is, my fiancé is Lee Ji Hyun." I said with a smile.

 

 

* No One's POV *

 

 

"Lee Ji Hyun? That name sounds familiar. I kind of heard it from Sulli, I guess?" Minho mumbled.
 

"What is it, Minho-ah?" Onew asked.
 

"Nothing, hyung. Congra

Please log in to read the full chapter