Chapter 3

Marrying Lee Jinki or SHINee's Onew ?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 


* Ji Hyun's POV *

 

 

It's a really, really bad day. Here I am in one of the Lecture rooms, not listening to what My teacher, Mr. Park, is discussing. I just knew the fact that it was about the piano pieces by Ludwig Van Beethoven. It doesn't interest me that much so I decided not to pay attention. And by that, I began to space out. 'So this is what it feels? Spacing out?' I remembered the sequence of events that happened early in the morning.

 

 

* FLASHBACK *

 

 

It was actually a good morning. Receiving a text from Onew really makes my day. With a simple "Good Morning", I feel so energized. I smiled as I read his text.

 

 

From : OnTokki ~
To : Hyunnie ^^


Good Morning, Hyun! Have a nice day. Take Care always ♥

 

 

From : Hyunnie ^^
To : OnTokki ~


Good Morning. Arasseo. Have a good day too. Good luck with work. Fighting ! ♥

 

 

I admit, I always had a good morning eversince we met a week ago. We texted each other from the time we woke up, during our free times, and in the night when it's almost bed time. We also met up with each other last night at Han River. That was the only time we were both free. We had a good time chatting with each other and spending time together. He never fails to make me feel so special. We also eat ddukbokki at a food stand just by the river. He also sang my favorite SHINee song : Hello. Hearing his sweet and gentle voice was like heaven to my ears.

 

 

I admit, I'm close to fall head over heels for him. I don't want to deny it. But I don't want to confess too soon. It might be awkward because we only knew each other for a week. I always remember Jinki in him. I always feel happy and comfortable with his company. But I feel guilty for loving Onew. I mean, I promised Jinki I would wait for him. But 10 years passed. Nothing happened. That's why this last few days, I told myself that I will give up on him. I know I'm being unfair, but I think this is for the best. 'I'm sorry, Dubu. I can't wait any longer now that someone like Onew appeared on my life.'

 

 

After a few moments, I stood up and showered. 30 minutes passed and I was ready to eat breakfast. I head downstairs and proceeded to the kitchen. I sat down on the chair Just in front of my umma. I could tell something's wrong. Cold silence and tension filled the air. It was awkward until umma decides to speak up first.

 

 

"I have to tell you something, Ji Hyun dear." Umma said in a serious tone. I flinched knowing it was something important.

 

"Yeah. What is it, umma?" I answered while I continued to eat my breakfast.
 

"I'm sorry, Ji Hyun."
 

"What are you sorry for? It's not like you did something bad to me, umma."
 

"Your father and I arranged a marriage for you 10 years ago with the son of Chairman Lee. We are partnering

our company with theirs as they suggest this marriage." I widened my eyes because of the shock I received with

this bad news.
 

"What?! Are you kidding me? Umma, it's not funny." I practically shouted.
 

"I'm sorry, we have no choice."
 

"But umma, I don't even know him. How could you do this?"
 

"I'm really sorry. You know I would do anything if there's another choice. But the company messed up real big that time and Chairman Lee is willing to support us in exchange of this marriage."
 

"Arasseo. I'll accept this marriage. For us, umma."
 

"Thank you for understanding. Don't worry, you fiancé is such a sweetheart. Not to mention, handsome and he

is a famous singer."
 

"May I know who this fiancé might be?"
 

"I'm afraid that you will have to wait until you meet him tomorrow night."
 

"Aish. Okay."
 

"Who knows? You might be happy of who it is. Just remember that it's a Lee we're talking about here."

 

 

And with that last statement, I was left alone and confused by umma. I was kinda disappointed of my parents' decision. But I know, they didn't want to do this if it wasn't for me having a good future.

 

 

'Famous singer? They are so many singers with the surname Lee.' There's Lee Seung Gi, Lee Taemin, Lee Sungmin, Lee Donghae, Lee Hyukjae, and of course, there's Lee Onew. Aigoo. Having Onew as my fiancé is just impossible. And there are many person with Lee out there. Aish. I even got a headache thinking who is my mysterious fiancé is. And who the heck is Chairman Lee?!

 

 

* END OF FLASHBACK *

 

 

"Ji Hyun unnie. Ji Hyun unnie. YAH, FOR GODSAKE, LEE JI HYUN!" my bestfriend, Choi Jinri a.k.a. F(x)'s Sulli shouted.
 

"Oh Yeah? What's the matter, Jinri-ah?"

 

 

I prefer to call her Jinri than her stage name, Sulli. I met her in my freshamn year of high school. She is the first friend I made since Jinki. I was so shy that time. And it was her who talked to me first. I know, she drops off formalities when I space out to catch my attention.

 

 

"Mr. Park called you earlier and you just ignored him. So, he gave you a detention slip." She said as she waved a slip of paper in front of my face. 'Oh great. An instant fiancé earlier and now this?! DETENTION?!'
 

"Aish. What a great day." I answered sarcastically.
 

"Wae? Anything happened, Unnie?" she asked.
 

"Promise not to tell anyone? Promise to be quiet?" I asked.
 

"Yeah. No problem, Unnie."
 

'It's now or never, Ji Hyun!' I thought.
 

"I am going to get married." Jinri blinked for a few seconds. I knew she's still processing this in her brain. 
 

"WHAAAAATTT?!" I quickly hit her arm but not forcefully.
 

"Yah! I told you to be quiet."
 

"Mianhae, Unnie. Who is your fiancé? I thought you don't love anyone or had a boyfriend because of that Jinki guy from 10 years ago?"
 

"The fact is, I don't even know him. It was an arranged marriage."
 

"Now that's really tough. Don't worry, Unnie. I'm always here for you."
 

"I envy you and Choi Minho. You two are so inlove and really lucky to have each other."

 

 

Yes. J

Please log in to read the full chapter