Chapter 1

Marrying Lee Jinki or SHINee's Onew ?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

* Ji Hyun's POV *

 

 

I woke up an hour ahead of my usual waking time. Everyday was just an ordinary day, nothing special since that day. I wake up, prepare for school, then head to Seoul University. It was my usual routine since he left me 10 years ago. My only friend had left me. I still remember every word he said, the unreadable expression on his face, the thought of tomorrow without him, and the promised he left before he go.

 

 

I always regretted one thing. I regret that I did not have the courage to say what I really feel about him. I LOVED HIM. And he did not even know until now. I never moved on from him. That day, 10 years ago, is like a nightmare that haunts me down everyday and everynight. I wish to see him again.

 

 

* FLASHBACK *

 

 

I was in a good mood that day. I arrived at home earlier than usual because of my teacher's absence. After I finished changing from my school uniform to my casual clothes, I head to my bestfriend and only friend's house across the street. My friend's nickname is Dubu. I gave it to him as he gave me a nickname Hyun. He is 2 years older than me. I was 12 at that time, so that makes him 14.

 

 

I knocked on their door only to be welcomed by a frowning Dubu. 'This isn't Dubu at all.' I began to notice his puffy, red eyes that seems like he was crying a river. He gestured me to come in and I followed him silently as we made our way to his bedroom. As soon as the door opened, I knew there's something wrong. Piled boxes on the side, emptied bookshelves and closets, and Dubu who seemed very sad. He sat on the very edge of his bed, staying still and looking downwards. I made my way inside his room and sat on his side and asked,

 

 

"Dubu-ah, why are you crying?" He began to frown a little more then answered, 

 

"Hyun, I'm sorry." He repeated this a lot of times. I became confused.
 

"What are you sorry for? You didn't even do anything to hurt me."
 

"I'm leaving, Hyun."

 

 

3 words. Just 3 words and I felt my whole world crumble down to pieces. I began to stare blankly at the emptied side of his bedroom for a couple of minutes as I let a drop of tears fall. He began to shake my body gently and call my name to get my attention. "Hyun! Hyun!" I heard him calling me but I felt frozen at my place. I regained my composure and turned to him to caressed his lovely face softly and gently.

 

 

"You're joking, right? You know it's not a good joke." I said while forcing a smile hoping that it is truly a joke.

 

"How I wish it was. But Hyun, I know my boundaries in creating jokes. I don't know what can I say to make you feel better."

 

 

He began to shed tears as he pulled me into a warm embrace. He hugged me tightly than we ever hugged before. We just cried and hold each other for a long time. 'These arms that makes me feel secured is gonna be gone soon.' I cried as I thought of the possibility of never seeing him again. He pulled away from the hug then i felt those lips that I adore touch my forehead softly.

 

 

"Cry until you feel better. But as I leave, I will promise you one thing." I stopped crying all of a sudden and looked straight to his beautiful eyes. He held my hand and intertwine them as he said,
 

"I promise I will come back for you. And I will tell you a secret that I kept to myself for a long time." He smiled.
 

"Then, I will wait for you." I smiled at him knowing that Dubu will fulfill what he promised.
 

"Wait! Let's Pinky Promise." I held out my pinky finger as he did then said, "It's a Pinky Promise!"

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter