Chapter 3~ And all the King's Horses...

A Heart In Two Places

Yoona was frustrated at herself, acting weak, dragging everyones attention to her, not intentionally, but she still did.

"Pabo!" She said to herself.

She was sitting on the sofa watching a movie with her friends, who had thought it would be a good way to keep her mind off of things.

"Psst, Who was that guy anyway... Kim....who ever he was" Whispered Tiffany to the other girls.

Yoona could hear her, but didn't say anything.

Then through the door came Sunny's mum, since they were at her house.

"Girls, I made some food if you are hungry." She smiled.

"Mmm, Gomawo umma" replied Sunny in an overly aegyo voice.

"Yah! don't do that!" Squealed Jessica as she hit sunny with a pillow.

Sunny's mum smiled and left a tray of chips, drinks and biscuits on the table.

Sooyoung went straight for the bag of chips, and the other girls were playfully calling her shikshin and fake-fighting.

*YOONA'S P.O.V*

What's the point... why do I feel so miserable, and why did I have to act so powerless in front of a celebrity..

Aish...

*FLASHBACK* 

"Excuse me..." Said Taecyeon softly.

Yoona stirred and started to cry in his unconciousness, saying "Umma, Appa, gajima, Don't go, Aniyo!"

"Miss" Taecyeon tried again.

He saw no other option. He picked her up, with everyone watching, Oh no, he thought, this is going to be all over the news.

He pushed through the crowd over to a bench and placed her down gently.

"Oppa!!!!!" Screeched a girl behind Taecyeon.

The scream awoke Yoona and made her scream.

"Yah! Where am I? Where's Umma and Appa" Asked Yoona Incoherently.

 

*FLASHBACK END*

I must've seemed like an idiot! and what was I doing crying and babbling about... them...

Enough! Yoona! Stop, the other girls are trying to have fun, why can't you?

 

*YOONA'S P.O.V END*

"Unnie's... I'm going to go home now" Said Yoona in a voice that was obviously straining to sound fine.

It was already 4 PM and Yoona wanted to go home and be by herself for a while.

All of her friends turned around with worried expressions.

"Why... Do you really have to go" Whined Sunny

"Shhh, let her go, she's probably tired, eh Yoong?" Smile Yuri

"Ye, Sunny, tell your mother thanks for having me over, bye" Smiled Yoona again.

 

Yoona walked down the streets thinking about him, 

how crude and annoying that Kim Heechul was, how if she saw him again, she'd make him pay for making her look weak, and as if she had no pride.

Yoona finally got to her street and saw her Aunty in the distance talking to somebody at the doorstep.

As she got closer she could see her Aunties distressed face.

"Whats.. happening" She wondered as she did a light jog to the house, but before she even got there the person at the doorstep had left and was walking towards Yoona's direction.

Yoona stopped jogging and just walked as she approached this person.

 

The person was a woman dressed in 'purposely ripped up' clothes, with bracelets and necklaces clinging to her frame.

"You..." She started, "If your walkin' past that house, spit on the doorstep for me" She said as she walked past Yoona.

Yoona stopped walking and turned around, she caught up with the woman and tapped her shoulder.

"YAH! What do you want?" She said in a digruntled tone.

"Why... why do you hate that house" Asked a worried Yoona.

"The house, no, I don't hate the house, I hate the old that lives in it." replied the lady as she went to turn around and walk away.

"Excuse me... that 'old ' is my Aunty!" She yelled.

"Oh," Said the lady as she turned around with hate in her eyes, "Then I suppose I have another 'enemy'" As she said this she pushed Yoona to the ground.

"Ahh" Screamed Yoona.

"Look, If you or your Aunty doesn't get a real good amount of money and hand it over to me... You're both dead, got it?"

She picked up Yoona halfway off the ground with no effort and smiled in her face, she lean't into Yoona's ear and whispered, "That's a guarantee" as she dropped Yoona back onto the side walk, kicked her ribs and walked away.

Heechul had see the whole thing from outside of his shop, he had gone to his uncompleted shop to take measurements for signs, when he had seen that girl from before, the rude one and another unknown lady talking to her.

Before he could even start to guess what was going on, the woman pushed that girl to the ground and was yelling at her.

Heechul was shocked, he could see the girl of the verge of tears as she lay there, crumpled to the ground holding her stomach.

Yoona, meanwhile was trying to go through the pain of being kicked in the side. Biting her tounge and looking for her Aunty, but she hadn't seen anything.

It began to rain, and Yoona just started to sob, laying on her back on the street. She cried for her mum and dad and for her weakness.

Heechul couldn't stand it anymore, even though this girl was rude, nobody deserved this.

He ran across the street and picked her up and hugged her to his chest to let her cry.

"Hey! What do you think.... You... are doing!" Yelled Yoona as she struggled against Heechul.

"Shut up!" Replied Heechul.

Yoona just started to sob more and he felt, bad for once. He didn't like himself being like this, but he also, for some reason didn't like seeing this girl crying.

Yoona's make up had run terribly, she could feel it and she pushed away from Heechul to get away.

"Hey, I'm sorry" Stuttered Heechul.

"What?..." She sobbed.

Heechul picked up her face to face his and looked into her eyes, covered in mascara running down her cheek.

Heechul sighed, what was he meant to do now.

"I;m saying... That I am sorry, for being rude and all. Just, please stop crying."

Yoona managed to release herself from his hold and stood up in front of him crying, 

"Why would you care.... If I cry, In fact.... who cares..... I just want to see my parents.. Heechul-ah... Thats all I want..." She cried heavily and leant into his chest. Heechul was shocked at what she was doing and saying, and realised, her friend had said earlier about her parents... Ahhh, how could her have said that... aish.

Yoona was shaking into Heechul's now soaking body from the rain and knew she should stop and be stronger than what she was being, but the memories she had locked back of her parents smiling, visiting her father in hospital as her father smiled and wiped her tears.

*FLASHBACK*

"Yoong, only the strongest people cry," said her father. 

Yoona couldn't talk, the silence was only interrupted by the constant beeping of the machines beeping.

Yoona had her head down, crying and holding her fathers hands.

"Yoona, even if you don't see me, doesn't mean I won't be with you"

"Appa..." Sobbed Yoona as she placed her head on her and his hands.

There was a sound like a siren, a small siren. Yoona looked up to see a flat line on the screen.

"Dad.... DAD! Wake up," she screamed through running tears, "WAKE UP, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T GO"

 

*FLASHBACK END*

Heechul looked down at Yoona, he knew he would never be able to wear this shirt again, Why did he have to wear white, he thought.

"Excuse me for my behaviour, My name is Kim Heechul, hopefully we can be friends" He said embarrased while looking at Yoona's long wavy brown hair.

"My... my name is Yoona... Im Yoona" She said.

"Well Yoona, how about we get you home" He asked as he tried to stand Yoona up.

But Yoona's eyes were closed, and her head was tilted at a strange angle.

"Yoona.... Yoona?" Asked a frightened Heechul.

Heechul picked up Yoona again and ran across the street to her house. He hurridely knocked on the door and called for anybody.

Yoona's Aunty answered the door and saw a young man holding her Yoona.

"YOONA" She screamed.

"What happened?" She asked as Heechul brought Yoona into the house and put her on her bed.

"She....," He started, "Just passed out..."

"Did YOU do this to her, what did you do to my Yoona?!" She asked him.

"Nothing, she just, um, fell down in the street"

"Oh.... well thanks for bringing her home, you can go now" She said quickly as she tried to get him to the front door.

"Actually, I'm her friend.... can I just stay by her side until she wakes up?" He asked Aunty.

And he wasn't really lying, In a way Yoona had agreed to be friends.

"What if she doens't wake up till tomorrow?" Queried Aunty.

"Then it'll be a long night" Laughed Heechul.

"Huh, are you her boyfriend or something.?"

"Aniyo, just a friend." He replied, and with that Yoona's Aunty walked away and Heechul sat down on Yoona's bed at the end.

 

Yoona's breathing was deep and peaceful and she began to snore lightly.

Heechul smiled, so even beautiful girls snore. hehe.

*FLASHBACK* 

 

"Who do I think I am, Kim Heechul, wae? You want to know my address so you can send me love letters, thats a bit pathetic..." He said as he pushed her away lightly.

"But don't worry, you're ok looking, you're just, not good enough for me..." He said.

"WHAT? I would rather die than even be considered by you to be pret..." She started.

"o.k... I said ok, not pretty, pabo" He snorted.

 

*FLASHBACK END*

Heechul was thinking about how he'd lied. She was pretty, very pretty. Her eyes were fluttering and her face was scrunching up every so often.

I hope she's ok, thought Heechul.

Heechul fell asleep against the wall within an hour and was slowly falling sideways onto Yoona's bed. He finally fell into the bed and curled up. This woke up Yoona, who was startled.

"Yah! What are you doing in my bed" She yelled while she hit him.

"Wae?" He asked. "I was watching you to make sure you were ok" He said

Something clicked in Yoona, He was watching me, she thought, Why would he bother?

"Can you go now please.." Asked Yoona in a calmer tone.

"Ok" Replied Heechul, and as he got to the door, he turned around and said "Feel better" 

and then he left....