Chapter One

A Heart In Two Places

Chapter One -  Happy Birthday Im Yoona
 

Yoona fluttered open her eyes, glaring through the glint of sunlight beaming directly into her vision to see her Aunt leaning over her bed, hovering 30 cm away from Yoona's face.

"Ahhh," Screamed Yoona, in an usually boyish tone, "Yikes! Auntie, you scared me!" She continued as she started to laugh.

She shot up like a rocket into a sitting position, pulling up the shoulder of her pajama shirt and smiled at her Aunt.

"Auntie...", Yoona playfully smiled whilst stretching. "Do you know what today is?" She asked crawling out of her sheets and plopping her legs over the edge of her bed into her pink floral slippers.

"Oh probably not..." Replied her Aunty in a sarcastic tone, a smile creeping on the corner of her lips.

"Hey! What kind of aunt doesn't remember her own niece's birthday..." Said Yoona tackling her auntie with a bear hug that set her back a pace.

"Of course I do! Happy Birthday Yoona!" Her Aunt pulled away and grabbed her cheeks. "You're getting more pretty every year!" chuckled her Aunty, lightly slapping Yoona's face.

"Ah, thank you!" Beamed Yoona, rubbing her cheeks.

The sound of rustling followed by the door bell alerted Yoona to look at her clock next to her bed, blaring it's announcement in prime-time neon green. It was barely 8 o'clock!

"Yoon!! It's me... Seohyun!" Called a voice from the door.

"That meticulous girl sure is passionate about early morning celebrations before 9 AM." Yoona's Aunt chuckled as she went to get the door.

The moment she opened the door, Seohyun ran in with a quick bow, and skidded down to Yoona's room.

 

"Yoongie!!!" She squealed as she reached her room, almost slapping into the door frame, the small plastic bag in her hand swinging wildly.

"Geez Seohyun," laughed Yoona, "You're turning into Jessica with all this high pitched business!"

"Sorry, I'm just very happy for you sis!" Said Seohyun in a considerably quieter voice, placating herself and shaking her head to push the pesky hairs off of her face.

Seohyun reached into the bag she had brought in, and she pulled out a small cupcake with mini candles saying 'YOONGIE'.

"Yoona! these are magic candles, see..." Seohyun looked around momentarily before deciding to simply put down the plastic wrapper. Mildly out of breath, she smiled "Okay, now clap" She wiggled with excitement.

"No way, you've put a lot of effort in Hyun!"

"Go on and clap sis"

Yoona clapped, and clasping her hands with wide eyes she watched the candles flicker on.

"Whoa, that's pretty cool" said Yoona as she went to clap but the candles did not turn off again.

"Shoot they won't..." She started.

Seohyun started to laugh and said "Haha, I was only kidding, I pressed a button... see" 

She turned enough so Yoona could see the remote control held in Seohyun's hand behind her back as she pressed a button and they turned off again.

"Oh, Seohyun! I must've looked like an idiot!"

"Haha that's the point..." Seohyun quietly replied under her giggling.

"... this girl..." Said Yoona in a sarcastic angry voice as she pulled Seohyun into a headlock and scratched Seohyun's head.

"Hey..hey..okay okay I'm sorry" choked Seohyun and Yoona stopped to let her go.

"Sorry to interupt young ladies, however I believe I was going to drive you to the shopping centre at 10am, so shall we eat now?"

Both of the girls nodded and walked with Yoona's Aunt into the kitchen.
 

On the table was all sorts of foods that made Yoona's eyes light up like a disco ball.

"You greedy girl..." Yoona's Aunt remarked, "you better not eat it all, leave some for poor Seohyun".

"It doesn't matter how much I eat... you better watch out for Seohyun, she can rip through a bowl of rice just as fast as the next person" Said Yoona as she glanced at Seohyun and laughed.

"Go ahead and eat girls"

___________________

Seohyun and Yoona sat down at the table and ate for a while, talking about their plans until they heard a crash outside and subsequent yelling.

"What was that" they asked in unison.

"Girls.... was that you?" asked the Aunt as she rushed into the kitchen dusting off her hands on her apron.

"Nope" Said Seohyun.

"We'll go check it out, It's probably the mailman fallen over or something" Said Yoona as she dragged Seohyun out the front.

Across the road there was signs being put up, and painting occuring on an old abandoned building that had been across the road for a while now.

Out the front of the building was several people painting and doing landscaping work, and in the middle of the yard was a group of people hovering around a man with medium length blonde hair being very loud.

 

"Oi! Hey! ..... I need silence to be able to think you know!" he yelled.

"So..." a tallish woman walked around the corner of the building holding a large box and dropped it on the ground at his feet. "Did you want me to order the products for our stock now or later?"

", I forgot to email the supplier." The blonde man rubbed his palm into his right eye, and did a little annoyed side-step as if it would promote thought. "Uh, just, um, do it now and we can store it if we cant put them on display yet. Can we talk later? This is all a bit stressful." 

And with that the woman and a good portion of the group walked away with grumbles, "how can he expect us to know what he wants" asked one disgruntled worker.

Yoona and Seohyun was watching this from across the road wide-eyed.

"Yoona, ... didn't it seem like the long haired man was younger than the others" asked the nervous Seohyun.

"Ye" Replied Yoona.

"Then how could he be so rude to them?" She asked, as she was nowhere near understanding the concept of being rude to your elders.

 

"Hey!" Called the man with blonde hair.

Yoona jumped back in shock, "Us?..."

"I haven't got time for girls to gawk at me and my out of this world beauty, so go away" He yelled.

"Yep. Going away now" said Seohyun as she heel to go back into the house, grabbing the elbow of Yoona's shirt as if to drag her in.

But Yoona was having none of it, she glanced at Seohyun's retreat and then back at the man who had since turned turned around, hands in pockets and kicking the bricks of the building, disregarding her.

 

"Oi, you!" she called at him as she paced toward him and he turned around with shock in his eyes, scanning her demeanour for her next move. He relaxed in a way that suggested to Yoona that he was not expecting this backlash and he was putting up a big male bravado attitude.

"Psht..." She was right. "Here comes the little itty-bitty kitten to bite the wolf... What do you want kid?... I told you to go away, you and your friend... however your friend is smarter, apparently" he smirked.

Yoona looked back at Seohyun who had wide open in shock, begging with her eyes for Yoona to come back and get inside. Yoona turned around to face the man with fire in her eyes.

"One, I live here, so I wil stand where and stare where I wish to," She began as she leant in close, "Two, my friend there, Seohyun is a good kid and doesn't deserve to be yelled at. And let's not forget three, who the hell do you think you ARE?!" She yelled as she leant in so close she was practically chest-to-chest.

 

"I know who I am, Kim Heechul, why? You want to know my address so you can send me love letters? That's a bit pathetic now kiddo..." He said as he pushed her away lightly.

"But don't worry," he continued, "you're ok looking, you're just, not good enough for me..." He said.

"WHAT? I would rather die than even be considered by someone like you to be pret..." She started.

"O..kay... I said ok, not pretty, idiot." he snorted.

".. You are so fuc..." replied Yoona, her hands and stepping towards him. Like a tornado Seohyun rushed to her side, pulling at the crook of Yoona's arm. 

"Forgive me, we will be leaving now" she said as they forcefully retreated.

"Hey, Seohyun! Why are you..." Yoona exclaimed as she turned around and yelled, "This isn't over Kim PIG CHUL!"

"See you around neighbour" He grinned.

"What a " breathed Yoona as she tucked her chin into her chest.

/That boy, he couldn't of been too much older than me.... what gives him the right to be so rude/


____________ END OF CHAPTER ONE ______________
 

*I APOLOGISE FOR THE BAD WRITING, JUST GETTING USED TO IT! I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER, I AHVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO RIGHT NOW... HEHE ^ ^ 

PLEASE ANTICIPATE THE NEXT CHAPTERS.

P.S > I also apologise for any mistakes in korean as I am obviously not fluent, just picked up a few words, and also if there are any spelling mistakes.

Gomawo

<3 
________
* 2022 Update: Jokes on me I got a degree in Korean language and Culture. Big cringe.

Thank you
<3