Not everyone is as happy

It Started with a Glance

yay another chapter!

i'm kinda disappointed in this chapter.. but it's 4:00 AM so it's gonna have to be good enough :D

a bit long..i guess. screw it it's not very long at all :P

haha so i said the one before this was long...and then i reread it and realized it wasn't OTL xD

anywhooo

the beginning is regular and then the end is kinda an over view of things from Aimee

i don't know when i'm gonna do another part in the present [lol remember the in italics blah blah the speech about shinee's break up?] but the next few chapters is going to be like a continuation of the story [obviously...lol] and also like various flash backs from times i skipped over

wow ok enjoy XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 12, 2011

9:00 [roughly] PM

 

Aimee's POV

“Yes..ok I wont.” Taemin look back down an embarrassed expression crossing over his face.

Ah he really is too cute!

You can't call him cute! He's older than you..

But he IS!

I was snapped out of my trance when I heard him clear his throat. My eyes refocused and he was looking at me with a questioning expression. It was only then that I realized had the most ridiculous smile plastered on my face and must have been looking at him the entire time.

Now it was my turn to be embarrassed.

“Ah, sorry..i was just...t-thinking about.. thinking...” I trailed off, my face a similar color to a ripe tomato.

A few awkward seconds passed. I could hear the slight ticking of the clock.

Finally I looked up at him hopefully. “Taemin oppa. Why don't we,” I paused and thought about my words. “Start fresh.”

He nodded his head in consent and held out his hand, his killer smile taking over his face. “Hi, I'm Lee Taemin...uh..call me oppa?”

I gingerly took his hand and shook it. “And my name is Aimee Parker. Call me Aimee, yes?” He laughed a little, “It's very nice to meet you Aimee.”

The mood was shifted from the previous awkwardness and into a more care free and humorous one.

Taemin furrowed his eye brows and questioned me playfully. “And what brings you to Korea, Aimee-ah?”

“Well haven't you heard?” I responded with an equal amount of friendly sarcasm. “I'm the newest member of Shinee! I'm sure you have heard of them.”

“Huh. The name does sound familiar...” He scratched his head and crinkled his noes as if trying to remember something.

With our fresh start we had hit the ground running. Our conversation flowed so smoothly the rest of the night it was like we had been friends for many years. Eventually Key silently entered and placed a bowl of snacks on the floor where Taemin and I had migrated to.

This is going better then I thought...

See I told you they had no reason to dislike you!

Tch. Fine you win this time.

 

 

Key's POV

I don't know what I think of her.

She seems nice enough. But, really, a girl living with five other men was a bit of a hoe move. Fine it probably wasn't her decision to come so I can't blame her...but why do I feel as though she can't be trusted?

From the other room I could hear the two teens laughing and talking. I peeked from the kitchen to observe them. They're both very animated, telling stories and such. It's unsettling.

Why is she smiling so much?

Why is he smiling back?

Why did she tuck her hair behind her ear like that?

What is that look in his eyes?

I narrowed my eyes and watched them closer. They seemed to really be hitting it off...like old friends.

I swallowed hard and went back to my snack making.

Her living here was going to be a dangerous thing. For sure.

 

 

Jin/Manager's POV

From the moment she I saw them all crowd around the bed I knew she was going to be trouble. In fact I had made that hunch when I met her in the training room earlier that day.

She was pretty.

She was young.

She was talented.

She was funny.

She was sweet.

Aimee was everything I should have wanted in a new member. But there were two small factors that made her unbearable.

ONE. She was a girl. They were boys. Girl plus boys makes countless possibilities I didn't even want to think about.

TWO. She wasn't white. It wasn't that she was not Korean. I would have been exceedingly accepting had she been Japanese, Chinese, hell even Vietnamese or something. But no. She was white.

Did SM really think this was going to catch? What Koreans wanted an American in their music industry? Ok maybe it would catch on, maybe the company is right. But that didn't change my view of her.

 

 

Jonghyun's POV

I flopped down on my single bed with my headphones in and a cell phone in my hand.

Time to troll some UFO replies..kekeke

Now was usually the time we received a lot of them. Students procrastinated at 11:30 or not able to sleep would send them UFOs, hoping for an answer.

My favorite dorm activity had quickly become sending the most amusing responses to the fans.

Fan: What kind of skinship do you like lately? Hug? Holding hands? Putting arms across shoulders?

I thought for a minute before responding.


Me: More than what you expect

Was that too suggestive?

Kekeke no way!
I chuckled to myself and started getting into my bed. After the days schedule I was plenty tired. I groaned thinking about how much busier we would be during our next comeback.

Thats when Taemin burst through our bedroom door, a stupid smile spread on his face.

Huh why's he so happy ..

He walked, no, he skipped over to his bed and jumped down on it. Lying on his back, hands calmly folded and resting on his stomach.

I opened my mouth to speak but was immediately cut off.

Wah hyung Aimee is really something isn't she?” He asked almost to himself. I raised an eyebrow suspiciously. “Yeah she's pretty cool. But I mean we don't really know her. Wait have you been with her since we all left the “meeting”? I asked, air quoting when I said meeting.

He pushed him self into sitting position and crossed his legs.

Mmm yeah hyung.” He glanced at the clock on the bedside table seeming a bit shocked. “Wow thats the time already? I wouldn't have known.” The look of shock subsided and was replaced one again with the goofy smile he had on before.

She's really fun to talk to! Did you know her hair is naturally curly like that? So cool.” I rolled my eyes. Of course I didn't know that. How could I when I didn't even know her?!

Taemin rambled on and on as I laid there, air quote, listening.

Isn't she pretty hyung?” That caught my attention. In fact that got me thinking.

Taemin-ah, you think she's pretty?” He was surprised at my sudden interest and then realized what he had just said, going slightly red in the face.

Well..I mean..” He struggled to come up with an excuse while I put facts together in my head.

And you said something about her being cool, right, and funny? You've been talking to her since like 9:00 too. And whats with that smile? Huh?"

I was sitting up straight now, my eyes staring straight at him, trying my hardest to see inside his mind. Taemin, on the other hand, simply blinked back at me. Completely bewildered by my interrogation. 

"Hyung..I..but.. i was only.. no Jonghyun...why are you..yah.." Was all he managed to sputter in response. I smirked and reacher over to flick off the light. 

 

Aimee's POV

As the weeks went on I found myself fitting into the Shinee dorm perfectly, or at least close to it. I clicked immediately with Taemin, Jonghyun and Onew and it became so that we didn't even feel as though I were new.

Onew and Jonghyun were the brotherly figures. Despite the generation gap it was so easy for me to talk to. Often times one of them would pick me up from school and I would accompany them to whatever schedule they had, idling telling stories of my day. At night Onew would make me tea, since Key seemed uninterested and was usually preoccupied babying Taemin, the forever maknae in his eyes.

It didn't take long for Minho to get used to me either, though at first he was, as, expected, shy and quiet. Key on the other hand was proving difficult. He was almost cold towards me and i hadn't the slightest idea why. We rarely spoke unless conversation was provoked by me and when he decided to strike up a chat it was always about not missing dinner or it was my week to clean or my week to do laundry. I tried to brush it off, tell myself it would smooth over, but it had now been four months since my arrival, and nothing had changed between us.

But when it came to Taemin things were different then all else. It was..strange. Each day I found myself staring more, blushing more, smiling more. It was expected that I would feel as much of a sibling relationship that I did with all the other members, so I played along with that, but on the inside I was conflicted.

We were closer than the other members..but it still felt strange. When he casually brushed the hair away from my face and his hand accidentally grazed my skin I felt heat. Simple touches, like the pulling of my arm or a hand guiding me, made my heart race. ]

We talked on our walks to school. 

We talked at our lockers.

We talked at our lunch table.

He stopped knocking before coming into my room and at first I took to changing in the bathroom. But then I took to simply not caring. The blonde would come in and flop on my bed, sometimes flipping through a magazine, and I would turn around and continue changing as if nothing had happened. I wasn't sure where either of us had gotten the boldness to do such things, but to say the truth, I didn't mind. 

There were almost nightly rituals as well, my personally favorite being labeled "roof time extravaganzas". This included the bench on the deck of the apartment, one giant blanket rapped around the both of us and, provided Key was in a good mood, steaming mugs of hot chocolate.