First impressions are most important 1/2

It Started with a Glance

 

A new chapter! :)

ok so I'm still sicking to the Aimee's POV as the main POV...but I think i'm gonna add some other points of view too..

like the shinee boys, author, blah blah anyone else who might come up

tell me if it works k?

PS i havent edited this one [or any of them] yet so sorry for any errors!

 

August 12, 2011

6:00 PM

 

For a while we all just stayed like that, no one daring to move. I blinked up at their befuddled faces note knowing what to do.

Finally an ever so curious maknae broke the silence. “What are you doing in our dorm?”

Every single Korean word I had ever learned flew right out of my mind.

Come on think!

Not knowing what else to do, I opened my mouth to speak. I didn't know how but words came pouring out, and in Korean too!

“Well you see, my old manager, Min Jee-ssi, she brought me here this afternoon cause she said that SM has decided to transfer me into Shinee instead of debuting me in a new group.” I closed my mouth and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion to my own speech.

Where did that perfect speech come from? HA if only Min Jee-unni could hear me now

I bit my bottom lip to keep from laughing at the thought.

“But you're not asian” Key stated and then received a smack on the head from Onew. The younger boy put his hands up defensively, “What it's true!”. The leader rolled his eyes and looked at me “That doesn't really matter,” he said. I smiled shyly and he continued. “But you're a-”

“GIRL” Jonghyun cut him off, getting murmurs of agreement from the other members.

Jonghyun looked at me and shifted his eyes to Taemin, smiling slyly. “Taemin likes foreign girls” he  said before throwing me a wink.

My cheeks flushed read and I looked away from him at my hands in my lap.

Taemin mumbled something I didn't catch under his breath, his eyes shooting daggers at the a hysterical Jonghyun. The situation got plenty of laughs from the other members though and they went on and on teasing the blonde boy.

“You said it your self! Emma Watson!” Jonghyun managed between laughs.

I took the time they were distracted by their own lame jokes to lift my eyes slightly and glance at Taemin. He too was looking at his hands, face still as red as ever. I stifled a a giggle and he looked up, locking eyes with me.

Thats when the laughing stopped...or at least..I thought it did, but I didn't really hear anything any more. It was as if everything around me froze. We held eyes for what seemed like forever, I studied the rest of his face but never removing his gaze from mine. Why was he so beautiful? Well there will be no standing next to him in public..I mean we want people to think I'm at least a little bit attractive!

“Yah dongsaeng,” I ripped my eyes away from Taemin's gaze and whipped my head around to look at Onew who smiled brightly at me. “Why don't you get out of bed and we can do introductions in the living room?”

I returned with a wide smile and blushed slightly, “Good idea!”

I pulled the sheets back and hopped out of bed while Onew rounded up Minho and Jonghyun who were rambling on about something they found to be incredibly funny, and an ever so diva-like Key who seemed bored with the jokes and was presently filing his nails.

Wait where did he get a nail file from?

I rolled my eyes and put on my slippers as they all made their way out of the room. No, wait, not all of them, some one was missing. I turned around having a hunch on who the missing person was. And sure enough there he was, sitting on the chair by my bed, still looking at the spot where I had been sitting before.

I walked over next to him. “Taemin-ssi...A-are you coming to the uh l-living room?”

Damn what happened to my perfect Korean?

He jumped every so slightly and looked up at me. I bit my lower lip and started pulling at the hem of my sleeves, a nervous habit of mine.

“Oh..yeah of course!” He said before standing. The blank stare turned into a funny smile...it looked almost..nervous? “Shall we?” I nodded in agreement and he lead the way out of the room.

 

TAEMIN'S POINT OF VIEW

“Taemin likes foreign girls” I heard Jonghyun hyung say with a devious tone and a smile to match it.

I froze on the spot. My eyes widened and I felt all the blood in my body rush into my face from embarrassment.

“Hyung don't! ” I whined at the older boy through gritted teeth.

Ugh and that smile he had on! Just because I like foreign girls doesn't mean I like her. I mean we just met I don't even know her yet. I heard a small sound coming from her direction, like someone trying to hold back a laugh. I looked up probably faster than I should have and we locked eyes.

I got a weird feeling in my stomach when I looked into her eyes.

Nausea?

What no of course not! Who would want to throw up looking at her she's so pretty!

Butterflies?

Yeah it had to be. But why do I have them now? Was she giving me butterflies?

No what are you saying? You don't even know her!

But she is pretty...

I don't know what it was about her that had me so captivated, but I couldn't make myself look away. Even when she seemed to reluctantly pull away from my gaze and say something to another member I only sat there and stared at where her eyes used to be.

“Taemin-ssi...A-are you coming to the uh l-living room?” I jumped suddenly when the quiet, sweet voice pulled me from my dream-like state. I looked up and saw her standing right next to me, bitting her lip cutely and tugging at the sleeves of her shirt.

Say something you pabo!

“Oh...yeah of course!” I said putting on smile I hoped would look pleasant. But from her amused expression I guessed it was far from what I had wanted. We walked out and I mentally slapped myself in the face.

You. You are the master of first impressions, Lee Taemin.

______________________________________

you like? 

this one's kinda short but i'll update in like an hour or too... OTL just gotta clean my room :P

ah i feel like its moving so slowly!

after this next chapter i promise it will get better and faster and things will happen! :D

what other idols do you wanna see in it?!