The Scorpion works, while the Bun "worries"

saying i love you

"So…did you guys get in a lot of trouble?" Chen asked with concern in his voice. After the talent show, the next day, the quartet were sent to the principal's office. Since the instruments were school property and were damaged, they were scolded, having to pay the school for damaging their instruments

The four found it outrageous, being the ones not responsible for damaging them, but when the principal asked if they had proof that it was someone else, all they could do was look down at the floors. They had no proof.

"Yeah." Kris scratched his head furiously. "We have to pay the school for the damaged instruments…well, the ones that we just "damaged"."

"Oh…I'm sorry."

"Hm." He shook his head. "We all know that it wasn't us."

"I want to personally beat who ever it is that framed us!" Baekhyun huffed, crossing his arms in the process. "That isn't fair!"

"No proof…we are guilty in their eyes." Tao sighed.

"Well," Chanyeol placed his hands in his pockets. "Whats done is done…we can't turn back time. We should just pay for them." He sighed, feeling angry as well.

'Whoever did this…is cruel.' Chen thought. 

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiumin rolled his eyes as he saw Kyumin before him, holding onto a small box what was neatly wrapped with a perfect bow on top.

'God, not this again.' The Bun thought, exhaling a bit. It was early for such things and Xiumin was about to enter his classroom, to hope to gather some sleep, but was stopped by Kyumin.

"I made this specially for you." Kyumin smiled cutely at the other. "For my one and only darling Bun!"

Xiumin scrunched up his nose at the nickname. He noticed now that the Five have been giving him nicknames, which he disliked; to him, Xiumin was just fine. Wanting to go in his classroom, he humored the other and pretended to appreciate Kyumin for what he has done.

"Thank you Kyumin. That was really sweet of you to do this." He tilted his head to the side.

Kyumin felt his heart beat at the small 'thank you' that Xiumin has done. 'T-Thats the first!!'

Xiumin grabbed hold of the box, holding it with gentle care. He nodded at the other and quickly entered his classroom, leaving the other happy as bird. Chanyeol waved at him, then pointing at the box that he was holding.

"Whats that?"

The Bun could only shrug. "As if I know. You want it?"

Chanyeol shook his head. "W-whats inside?"

"Hm, food probably." Xiumin placed the box on his desk and opened it with slight caution. Once he looked inside, he placed the top on his desk. "Cookies…brownies…wrapped candy…its just sweets."

"Oh."

"You want any?"

"Hm…no thanks." The taller shook his head.

Xiumin placed the top back on the box before taking his seat. "So…where is your brother?"

"Hm. He went to Tao's classroom for a minute. He will be back though."

"Ah." Xiumin nodded. "I see."

'Hm?' "Whats up with you?" Chanyeol knelt down, resting his chin on Xiumin's desk.

"Nothings wrong."

"I sense it in your voice. Something bothering you?"

The Bun shook his head, telling the other that he was all right. In fact, he wasn't sure why he was feeling a little bit irritated. Was it because the Five have been bothering him more than before, giving him flowers, following him around, giving him gifts, and now even making food for him. Or was it because Chen has been avoiding him lately. Xiumin glanced up to see Chen laying his head on the desk. It has been a couple of months since the talent show, and ever since then, Chen has been rarely talking to him, looking at him, or even hangout with him, even though him and Chen have classes together.

'It shouldn't be me…I didn't even do anything…aren't we friends or something?'

"Are you thinking of Chen?"

Xiumin blinked and narrowed his eyes at his friend. "As if…I'm just wondering why he is avoiding me is all."

"So…overall…you miss him."

"I didn't say --"

"All right guys, take your seat before the bell rings." Yongguk said, placing his bag on his desk. Within a few seconds, the bell rang; Yongguk nodded and gestured everyone to take their seats.

Chanyeol got up and took his seat, while Xiumin huffed a bit. He glanced to the side at the window, softly sighing.

'Its not that I miss him…it is bothering me that he isn't talking to me. He always talks to me.' He looked back to the front once he heard the door open, seeing an apologetic Kris bowing at the other for his tardiness. 'First time I see this.'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Chen yawned a bit and rubbed his tired eyes.

"You okay?" Tao asked, tilting his head at the other.

"Tired is all. Lots of jobs. Lots…and lots…of jobs." He yawned once again, before stretching his arms. It was true that Chen has been taking lots of jobs after school to get more money, but it meant that he had to sacrifice his time with his friends, especially Xiumin. During the day he would attend class and for lunch hour, head to the library to get some of his assignments done or catch some sleep. He was very much determined to win the other's heart, but giving Xiumin food will just make him a little piggy and eating sweets all the time isn't that good for a person. "I want to take Xiumin out…to a really expensive restaurant." Chen said softly to himself, but gaining Tao's attention. "I saw this place…that is a little bit aways from here, but I passed by it when I was with my parents one time. It was beautiful."

"Oh?"

"It's beautiful no doubt…but so expensive." Chen sighed. "I want to be able to bring Xiumin there."

"Hm." Tao pursed his lips, thinking. "Well…you really don't have to take him to such a place."

Chen raised his eyebrow at the other. "B-but it is beautiful --"

"So? Look, beauty plays a small part in winning someone over. Giving your love, your loyalty, respect…honesty is probably most important. Extravagant gifts are meaningless…they are just things. But that is my opinion."

"Hm." He nodded. "Um, how did you and Kris get together? I-if you don't mind me asking."

"Oh. It was quite a funny story. Have you seen those people in movies that do those really funny and stupid things to get the other's attention?" Chen nodded. "He was like that."

Chen scrunched up his face. 'We…are talking about the same Kris right? He is a sensible person…composed at situations…him doing embarrassing things? That is not true.'

Tao chuckled at Chen's pondering expression. "It's true."

"Excuse me gentlemen." The teacher gently eyed the two. "Please work…talk later."

"Sorry!" The two said simultaneously; they resumed back to their work, with Chen still can't getting the idea of Kris doing funny and embarrassing things.

'Does that mean he would do anything to make Tao his? Even if it is embarrassing? Hm...but...don't gifts bring the other closer?'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"My lovely Bun!"

Xiumin tighten his lips and looked over his shoulder to see Rome coming his way. He let out a breath. 'What now.' "What is it?"

"Hu? Well, I just wanted to walk you to class it all." He beamed at the other, wrapping his arm around the Bun's shoulder.

"Don't touch --"

"It is just down this hall right?"

"I said, don't touch --"

"Hey Xiumin, I was wondering if we can go out --"

"Don't touch me!" Xiumin elbows the other in the stomach, making others around them gasp or turn their heads to their direction. Xiumin took the opportunity to sprint away from him. He heard Rome call out for him, as he ran down the hallway dodging other students; he took a sharp right on the corner, only to bump into someone. Xiumin immediately looked up to see Chen right in front of him.

"X-Xiumin? Whats wrong?" The Bun widen his eyes a bit, before turning his head when hearing Rome approaching, close and fast. He hid himself behind Chen, grabbing tightly onto the back of his button up sweater. "Xiu --"

"There you -- oh, wait…it is just you." Rome narrowed his eyes at Chen, disappointed that he lost his lovely Bun. "Have you...well...perhaps know where --"

"No." Chen said bluntly, leaning to the left towards the wall, to try and cover up Xiumin. He praised any higher beings in the skies that they created Xiumin a bit shorter than he was. "I haven't seen him."

"Hm." 'This guy really pisses me off. I'll punch you one day…I swear it.' "Well…I guess I'll get going." With that, he turned his heel and left. Chen slowly exhaled and looked over his shoulder, glancing at the relieved little Bun. "A-are you okay?"

Xiumin looked up and nodded his head. "Y-yeah. I'm…I'm fine." He scratched his head furiously. "Those Five have been at me all this morning. I'm getting tired of them!"

Chen gave a simple nod, trying his best not to yawn in front of the other. "Erm…well, I have to go. I'll just talk to you later hm?" With that, he bid goodbye to the Bun.

'G-go? Go where?' "C-Chen."

"Hm?" He turned around to face the other. "Yeah?"

"Go…where?"

"Um, library. Why?"

Xiumin knitted his brows. 'Library?' "Is that where you have been going these pass months?"

"Erm…well…I have study now--"

"I rarely see you."

That caught Chen's attention. 'He was concerned? T-thats the first! He really does care!!' "Ah, well…I-I'm just trying to get some of my assignments and maybe squeeze in some sleep in."

"You…are not getting any sleep?"

Chen nodded a bit. "I have jobs."

"Jobs? As in plural?"

"Yeah, I'm currently working 4 different jobs. All during night time, except for the weekends. It is all 12 hour work day. Sunday…day off." Chen couldn't help it, but yawn. "Yeah…so during school time I go to the library to study and catch up some sleep."

'So…that is why I rarely see him…because he has 4 jobs…plus school.' He bit his lip. 'That is way too much to handle. I mean, I have a job too, but that is just too much.' Xiumin started to feel his older brother personality kick in. "Chen, you are going to tire yourself out. That isn't good for your health."

Chen blinked a couple of times before giving a small smile. 'He…h-he cares!! He does care about me!! He is just too cute!!' "I'll be fine Xiumin. Nothing that I can't handle!" He beamed at the other, but only to receive a frown from the Bun.

"No, that isn't good Chen. You are going to get sick. Why do you need money anyway? Doing four jobs, you must be earning a lot during the week."

'Well…to take you out for one thing.' "Just some money that I need. Anyway, I have to go…I want to get as much done before I work tonight." He rubbed his forehead, feeling a throb a bit. "See you later." He ce again and left, leaving Xiumin in the hallway.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"So he has jobs huh?" Baekhyun bit into his sandwich. "No wonder we don't see him as much during lunch hour."

Once Xiumin reached the cafeteria, he told the others about Chen. Like him, even though he denies that he misses him, everyone started to wonder about Chen.

"Lunch hour and the whole time during school hours." Chanyeol pointed out. "Feels like he is ignoring us."

"Oh, hush." Xiumin said, propping his elbows up. "He is busy with so much. The problem here is that he is going to get sick!" The quartet stared at Xiumin before smirking. The Bun leaned back a bit. "W-what?"

"You miss him huh!" Baekhyun beamed. "You so miss him!"

"N-no! I didn't say that! I'm just being concerned for him. He is our friend right? Working all week plus school is bad for your health!"

"Right. Right." Tao chuckled. "We…get it." The four laughed making Xiumin blush.

"Whatever…I am going to check on him."

"Sure." Kris nodded. "Whatever you say."

Xiumin narrowed his eyes at the four before leaving the cafeteria. As he made his way over to the library, it took him awhile to find the other. 'Was the library always this big? Jeez. But then again…I don't come here as often as I should.' He scratched the back of his neck. He passed by aisles of books, before leaning back when he saw Chen sitting at a table, elbows propped up on the table, resting his cheek on his palm. Xiumin started to feel bad for the other. 'He must be tired.'

Just a few feet away from Xiumin, stood Luhan biting onto his paper to preventing himself from calling out loudly to his BunBun dearest. As he leaned to the side at to what Xiumin was staring at, he frowned when he noticed that it was Chen.

'Chen…bleh…' Luhan leaned against the book cases. 'What is so awesome about him?' He stuck out his tongue, pretending to stick his tongue at him. 'Xiumin deserves better anyway!'

He widen his eyes when he saw Xiumin approaching Chen at the table. He scrunched up his nose and exited the library, wanting to tell the others about his viewing. 'Seems those two are getting close and close by the second!'

"Chen."

The other slowly raised his head up to see Xiumin before him. "X-Xiumin." He sat up straight in his seat. "May I help you?" He asked tiredly, placing his paper down on the table.

"You should sleep."

"Hm? If I finish this then I will." He gave a small smile at the other.

'How can he smile like that.' "D-did you eat?"

Chen scratched his head, before shaking it. "Um, no. I have things to do first."

'This is not good for him.' "Here." Xiumin swung his backpack over, taking out a candy bar. "It isn't healthy, but it is something right?" He handed it over to the other.

"N-no, Xiumin…it is ok --"

"Just," Xiumin leaned over, grabbing Chen's hand, and placing it in his palm. "Eat it. You have to eat something." He said with concern in his voice.

Chen slightly blushed at the contact. 'He is touching me!! Oh my god!! His hands are soft…I wonder what kind of  -- nevermind that!! He just touched my hand!!' "T-Thanks Xiumin." The Bun rolled his eyes, before sitting down. "H-hu? W-what are you doing?"

"What? I can't sit here?"

"N-no! I-I mean, y-yes." He said a little bit quietly. "You can sit here."

Once again, Xiumin rolled his eyes. "Just eat it."

Chen couldn't stop himself from smiling. He liked the fact that Xiumin was being concerned for him; it made him seem much close to Xiumin than the Five.

'Just wait for me Xiumin. I will win you over.'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Few days passed, and what Xiumin found interesting was that Chen hasn't been coming to school. It started to worry the Bun a bit; he figured that it was because of those work hours.

"Excuse me." Xiumin asked the secretary at the front desk.

"Yes? May I help you?" She asked in a sweet tone.

"Erm, I have this friend…and he has been missing school for the past couple days. I want him to be able to catch up with his assignments…but I'm not sure where he lives. Is it possible to get the address from you?"

"Oh, well…I am not permitted --"

"Please. I mean, as a friend…I don't want him to be behind."

The secretary sighed, pursing his lips a bit. "Well…okay." She looked over to the side, grabbing a binder. "I must say, that is sweet of you…but why didn't you just text the person?"

"Um…" 'Good question. I don't think I have his number.' Before he could answer, the secretary gave Xiumin the address to Chen's place. "Thank you."

She nodded and waved goodbye to the other.

As Xiumin exited the school building, he met up with the quartet.

"Whats that?" Tao asked, pointing to the paper that the Bun was holding.

"Um, nothing." Before Xiumin could hide it, Baekhyun snatched it away from his hands.

"Ah! This is Chen's place? You are going to see him?"

"W-well --"

"You are worried about him huh!"

"I am not!! He is falling behind in class and I just want him to catch up --"

"That is being worried!" Baekhyun laughed, making Xiumin turn red a bit.

"Whatever!" He snatched back the paper. "I'm going to visit him…to give him his homework!!" He added the last part, earning simple nods from the four.

"Whatever you say." Chanyeol grinned.

Xiumin stuck his tongue at the four before bidding goodbye. He fished out his cellphone, telling Sohee that he would going to a friend's place.

'Now,' He looked at the paper. 'Bus…10 minutes from here.' "Okay then."

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"This is the house." He said softly, double checking the paper that he was at the right one. He placed his hand on the front gate, opening it slightly for him to pass through. As he reached the front door, he pressed the doorbell.

'Oh…w-wait…Chen is probably sick…and there might not be anyone home. I could be --'

The door opened, revealing a tall man in front of him, "Yes? May I help -- oh, you go to my son's school right?"

'H-how did he know?!' "How --"

The man gestured to his clothes. "Your uniform." He chuckled. "Xiumin right?"

"H-how did you know my name?!" He said a bit too loudly; he cleared his throat and apologized for raising his voice. The man before him chuckled.

"My son...he always talks about you. Actually, funny thing is that he decribed you, and I quote, to be the softest and cutest baozi he has ever seen."

'Chen.' He thought with a little venom in his tone. "R-really. I see."

"Hm. Come in, come in." He said, stepping to the side. Xiumin entered the house, admiring how clean it was. As the door closed, Chen's father told him that Chen was currently upstairs resting. As Xiumin suspected, his health became weak.

"Was it because of the work load plus school?" 'I bet it was.'

"I think so." He sighed. "I told Chen that it was way too much, but he told me that it would be fine."

Xiumin tighten his lips. 'I was right.'

"I'm guessing you are here to visit him. You can go upstairs if you like…it is the one with the yellow sign."

"Thank you." The Bun nodded. With that, Xiumin made his way up the stairs; as he approached the door with the yellow sign, he knocked on the door, but as he suspected, no response. 'It should be all right.' He slowly opened the door, to see Chen sprawled on his bed. Xiumin entered, and slowly closing the door behind him.

Once he was close, he grabbed the nearest chair, placing it beside the bed. He sat down, inspecting the other. He looked at the bedside, noticing three glasses of empty, what he presumes to be water, and 3 bowls of what he thinks were soup. 'Hm…eats a lot.'

He turned his head to face the other once he heard a soft groaning sound. 'Chen?' Xiumin heard Chen inhale and exhale deeply, before turning his head away from Xiumin. 'Hm…maybe it was a bad idea to come over. I should just leave the homework here.' He leaned over to his bag, trying to grab Chen's assignments from days ago. Just to his luck, they slipped from his hands, and fell onto the floor.

"Hm?"

Xiumin glanced at Chen, sighing. 'Great…I woke him up.'

Chen turned his head over when he heard rustling. To his surprise, Xiumin was in front of him. "X-Xiumin? W-what are…" 'Oh god…he is in my room!! My mess of an room!!'

As if Chen was going to have a panic attack, Xiumin stood up and placed his hand on Chen's shoulder, trying his best to calm the other. "Jeez, Chen…calm down."

"W-what are you doing here?"

The Bun lifted up some papers and waved them a bit. "Assignments. I'm here to give them to you."

'O-oh.' "I see."

"You are going to be behind if you don't do them Chen."

In the look of Xiumin's eyes was concern; that it made Chen's heart beat a little. 'So nice.' "Thank you…Xiumin."

The Bun shook his head. "I am just looking out for…f-for a friend."

'Friend…' Chen gave a small smile and a nod. 'Right…I'm just a friend.' He shook away the thought, back his attention to Xiumin.

"B-but, anyway, thank you. You took your own time to come here."

"Damn right."

Chen couldn't help but chuckle. "You can just put on my desk." He gestured behind Xiumin, in which he nodded. He made his way to his desk, and placing the various assignments on top of folders.

'Hm?' A small calendar caught his attention, which displayed cross marks, as if counting down until the due date. Following the the dates, three more days until he reaches a circled date. 'Ask about date? What?'

"Whats this?" Xiumin pointed at the calendar, in which Chen widen his eyes.

"Erm…well…I." He sighed, clearing his throat. "That was the day…that I was going to ask you out."

Xiumin could feel his face turn red. "W-wait…what?" Chen chuckled slightly, rubbing the back of his neck. He proceeded to tell the other his intentions. He just needed a few more, then he would be able to take Xiumin the to restaurant that he wanted. It was a shame that he has gotten himself sick. "You…you worked for so long just to take me out?!!" He raised his voice at the other, causing him to flinch.

"I-I…well, yeah. I really wanted to take you out." He placed his hands on his head, protecting himself incase Xiumin was going to hit him.

"You worked for months…months...to take me somewhere?!"

"It is really expensive! I…I wanted t-to take you somewhere nice on a date."

Xiumin tighten his lips. He couldn't believe that someone went through so much just to take him to an expensive restaurant date. "Why are you spending your money on me?"

"B-because I want to. I want to take you on a date Xiumin. How can I take you on a date when without money?"

"You worked…for months Chen. That would be a lot of money. Now look what you have to endure with…you're sick now."

Chen simply shook his head. "I don't mind. I don't mind working hard either. I just wanted to get a lot of money to take you out."

Xiumin felt himself starting to get angry. "Chen…I don't think you understand what I am trying --"

"It doesn't matter. I think I am getting better soon anyway." He smiled.

The Bun slowly inhaled and exhaled. 'This guy.'

It was quiet between them, and Xiumin was contemplating on whether or not to leave. He handed Chen his assignments; that was his main attention anyway. 'Then why am I still here?' He looked over at Chen, catching him staring. "W-what?"

The other blinked before shaking his head from his little gaze. "S-sorry. I was…I was, um…I --"

"Look, I'm going to go. I told Sohee that I would be stopping here, and now I have to go home." He sighed. "To make sure she doesn't bring that Jiyong or whatever his name is home." He said softly, but enough for Chen to hear.

"You sure do take care of your sister."

"Well, duh. I am her older brother after all. It would be common sense to protect her."

"Hm…I admire that you are protective of her. Some brothers aren't like that."

"Yeah, well…you know." Xiumin grabbed his bag. "I'm going to go…so…do your homework."

Chen chuckled. "Yeah. I will."

Xiumin nodded back and started to head to the door. Before he could step out, Chen called out to him. "X-Xiumin."

"Hm?" He looked over his shoulder.

"C-can I take you out? O-on a date I mean."

Xiumin's expression was unreadable to Chen. He just hoped that he would say yes.

"I'll think about it."

"Y-you will?"

The Bun shrugged. "You worked hard. Might as well right?"

"S-sure. Yeah." He nodded.

Xiumin nodded. "We will talk more about it some other time." With that, he left, closing the door gently behind him.

Chen squealed in happiness, rolling back and forth in his bed. He rolled too far to the right, ending up falling off his bed. 'O-ow. T-that…ow.' He groaned a bit. 'I-I have…I have a date with Xiumin! W-well, sorta, but he said that he will think about it!!' 

Just on the other side, before Xiumin could take another step, he heard happy squealing. He eyed the door, and shook his head. 'What a weirdo.'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

As Xiumin exited out of Chen's house, he bid his father goodbye.

"Thank you for visiting Chen…and giving his assignments for him."

"Just…um, just doing what a friend would do." He nodded his head. "Well, have a good night."

"Be safe." He waved goodbye to the other. With that, Xiumin made left, heading to the bus stop.

Just a little ways from Chen's house stood 5 familiar people behind some neighborhood trees

"See!" Zico pointed out. "Told you."

During the time after school, Zico overheard where Xiumin was going. He texted the four telling them that their Bun was going to visit a certain someone that they hate.

Joon clicked his tongue. "Well then."

"What are we going to do? He is getting close to Xiumin." Luhan said with worry. "We do so much and yet, Xiumin still dislikes us."

"We should try harder." Rome suggested.

"I think." Joon started, gaining interest from the four. "We should pay Chen a visit."

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Comment if you like/mistakes = im sorry

Hours Teen can work [ based in the states ] - [ x ] [ x ]