The Bun who worries

saying i love you

 

Xiumin hummed a bit when he was sitting at his desk. The past weeks have been strange for him.

First, he wasn't able to spy on his little sister since he never knew where exactly she was going to be, making his mission to spy on her came to a fail. But he relaxed to know that she was unharmed.

Second, the Courting 5 have been acting strange; even more than usual. He was thankful though that they weren't bothering him, but he can't help, but think that they are plotting something.

And third, Chen has been slightly on and off on his nerves. Chen has been trying too hard to become his friend, which would make him irritated, but there were times where he was descent enough to talk to.

"Good morning Xiumin."

The Bun looked up and nodded his head at the source of the voice.

"Morning Kris." He yawned a bit, rubbing his eye.

"Tired again?" The taller asked as he set his stuff on his desk.

"Hm. I was studying last night for a test later today."

"But you've been tired these pass few weeks." He raised his eyebrow. "Are you sick?"

Xiumin shook his head and informed the other that he was okay. "Its just been a busy week you know."

"Hm," Kris nodded his head and opened his bag up. "So, how are the 5?"

"Strangely enough, they haven't been bothering me."

"Oh really?" The taller turned in his seat to fully face the other. "Thats the first. You think they are planning something?"

Xiumin nodded as he placed his finger on his round cheeks. "I mean, they always managed to bother me…but today, they haven't nor the weeks before. I like to think of it as a blessing."

"Just wait," Kris slowly chuckled. "They might do something later on in the year."

"Hey!" Xiumin threw a playful punch oh the other. "Don't say that! They just might and I don't want to deal with them!"

Kris managed to let out a chuckle. "Sorry, sorry. But seriously, you may never know." The taller shrugged as he turned back in his seat.

"Hey," Xiumin started to say as he propped his elbow on his desk. "Where is Chanyeol?"

"Hm? Oh, he is at home."

"What? Why?"

"Sick. Or, rather," Kris raised his hands up, making quote marks in the air. "Sick. He looked fine yesterday, but this morning he was coughing a lot...so, I'm not sure what my brother is doing."

"Okay, students, lets get settled please." Yongguk started as he closed the classroom door behind him. "And I am sad to inform you that I'm gunna give out a pop quiz today." The groans from the class was heard, making Yongguk chuckle a bit. "It will be easy…if you guys have been reviewing your material like good students should…this quiz should be a piece of cake."

"Chanyeol is one lucky son of a ." Xiumin muttered, but enough for this step brother to hear.

"You got that right." He said as he clicked his pen.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"See ya." Chen waved goodbye to Tao and Baekhyun, as they went their separate ways even though break time was still going on; they just wanted to get to class early. He closed his locker and smiled a bit to himself. He told them that he made Xiumin some cookies, hoping that the other would like it even though he wasn't much of a cook himself. He really wanted to win Xiumin's heart and what better way than giving food.

'Everyone loves food, and everyone loves cookies! I mean…cookies…who hates that?' Chen thought; he walked to his next class humming a tune to himself. 'I can't wait to give them to Xiumin! Then he would be like, Oh Chen! These are so good! Then I'll be like: Yeah…you know…I can bake. And he will be like: Oh Chen I love you so much! Then I'll be: I love you more babe And then --'

Chen's thoughts were cut off when he accidentally bumped into someone. "S-sorry."

"Its fine." The other said. "Oh, wait…your Chen right?"

"Hm? Y-yeah. D-do I know you?"

The other shook his head. "No, but I know who you are. You are the one that is really good in singing. I have friends in your singing class." He held out his hand. "I'm Joon."

Chen nodded his head and shook hands with the other. 'Joon…one of the Courting 5, thats right.' "You're one of the Courting 5." '! I did not just say that out loud!!'

Joon blinked at Chen, but soon started to smirk. "Ah, so that little name still stands huh?"

"Er…s-sorry, I didn't mean --"

"No worries." Joon released his grip from the other. "I still find it interesting that the title still holds." He chuckled. "The Courting 5…still cute."

"Hm." Chen was starting to get uncomfortable; just standing next to Joon, he felt intimidated. He for sure was handsome and way taller than he was. Chen looked like a kid brother standing next to him. "I…better go." He nodded his head again. Chen walked past the other and started to head to his class when Joon called out for him.

"You know you won't be able to get Xiumin right?"

'What?' Chen stopped in his tracks and turned around to face the taller fully. "What did you say?"

Joon shrugged. "I just simply said that you will never win Xiumin's heart."

Chen narrowed his eyes. 'Who does this guy thinks he is?! And how does he even know I am looking only at Xiumin?'

"Myself and the…rest of the Courting 5, know that you have this little crush-crush on our Xiumin." He stepped closer, making Chen step back. "You think you can win him over?" Joon looked at Chen up and down. "You are scrawny and pathetic looking. No way Xiumin would ever fall for someone like you."

"What makes you think Xiumin will like you or any of them?" Chen shot back, only to wish that he didn't. Joon quickly and easily lifted Chen up just by grabbing his white uniform shirt.

"Say that again. I so dare you." Joon's eyes flickered. "You think you can take down any of us? I highly doubt it. We are the most popular kids in this school…you…you are a nobody. Heck, you don't even deserve --"

"What are you doing?"

Joon immediately dropped Chen, making him fall on his feet. They looked at the source of the voice, Xiumin.

The Bun blinked at them, raising an eyebrow. "Well? What were you two doing?"

"N-nothing my beloved Bun." Joon patted Chen on the shoulder. "Just a little rough housing with friends."

'They are friends? Since when?' Xiumin thought. 'Something is going on.'

"Well, I better go." He tighten his grip on Chen's shoulder making him wince a bit in pain. "See you later…Chen." He released his grip and made his way to Xiumin, giving him a wink as he passed him by. Xiumin looked over his shoulder, still raising the question of why Joon and Chen were friends. He shook it off and looked over at Chen, who was now rubbing his shoulder with his hand.

"You okay?"

"Hm." Chen nodded.

The Bun crossed his arms and titled his head towards the other. "Since when are you and Joon friends?"

"Um…uh," 'Think Chen, think! You can't tell Xiumin about any of this! It isn't even his concern anyway.' "Um…just now?"

"Just...now."

"W-well…yeah…you know…expand my circle of friends."

"Um…okay?"

The bell rang, in which Chen thanked for. "I have to go Xiumin. I'll talk to you later okay?" He didn't even let Xiumin respond back; he turned his heel and sped off to class.

"Sure?" Xiumin watched at the other left. He shrugged it off and started to head to class. 'Weirdo.'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Once Chen was seated in his seat, he couldn't even focus on what the teacher was giving a lecture about. Instead, he started to find ways to beat Joon and the others. Sure, he wasn't popular, but he didn't really care either; he just wanted to be known as Chen and thats it.

'What Joon said is really pissing me off. How can he say that to me?! I mean…what the hell? Xiumin will never like me? Please…we will see about that!' Chen nodded his head.

"Chen."

"Y-yes?" The teen looked up from his desk.

"The answer to the question I just asked."

"Um…I…I," He sighed. "I don't know."

"Hm." The teacher eyed the teen. "Best to pay attention."

"I know. Sorry." Chen sighed. 'But how can I when Joon is pissing me off!!'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiumin stared off into space when his teacher was giving out his lecture. He still found it strange that Joon and Chen were friends. The Bun groaned a bit. 'What if the Courting 5 becomes the Courting 6.' He sighed. 'And I thought Chen was different too…what the hell man?!'

"Xiumin."

"Y-yeah?" Xiumin quickly looked up at his teacher who was tapping the board, telling him to answer the question. "Uh…I-I don't know."

The teacher sighed. "Please pay attention."

"Yes ma'am." Xiumin bowed his head in apology. He grabbed his pencil and started to write down notes.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Chen."

Chen turned his head to face Baekhyun, who was running up to him holding onto a flyer.

"What is that?" Chen asked as he placed the bag of cookies in his backpack, closing his locker in the process.

"This my friend," Baekhyun shoved the flyer at Chen's face. "Is your stepping stone."

Chen pulled back and grabbed the paper that was shoved in his face. He looked it over. "Talent show?"

"Hm!" Baekhyun nodded. "Talent show."

"Okay? So...?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and pointed at the piece of paper again. "Hello…talent show."

"Yeah, I know…what of it?"

"Go for it."

It took Chen awhile for his mind to process what Baekhyun was saying. His eyes widen; sure he liked to perform, but this was the whole student body. Performing in front of a small group was fine, but the whole student body is a whole other ball game.

"I-I don't think so."

"Why not? This will get you one step closer to Xiumin. If you perform something sweet and dedicated to him, he will love it!"

"I don't know…I don't think Xiumin would be too happy about that. He doesn't like to be a center of attention. I mean, I should know. I don't want him to hate me…I want him to like me."

"And he will. Please, talent shows are the best. I know you are good at singing. I pass by the music class every now and then. I hear you, and your voice it amazing! Plus," Baekhyun cleared his throat a bit. "We will be there too."

"We?"

"Me, Chanyeol, Tao, and Kris. We will be your helpers!"

'Helpers…?' "What do you mean?"

"I already picked out a song for you."

"Ha?!"

"Yeah!" Baekhyun said with a happy tone in his voice. "We are going to perform FT Island's Loving you! You will sing, while we play the instruments! Thats what I meant when I said we will be your helpers."

"B-but the people…and the practice…how --"

"Easy man." Baekhyun showed the paper again. "Talent show doesn't start until the end of next month. We got a lot of practice time!"

"B-but --"

"I got to go." He stuffed the paper in his pocket. "I have to tell the others!"

"You didn't even tell --"

"Bye Chen!" Baekhyun gave a peace sign at the other and sprinted off to find Tao and Kris.

"But…I'm scared to perform in a big crowd." Chen began to worry, but his mind then clouded what Joon told him.

"You are scrawny and pathetic looking. No way Xiumin would ever fall for someone like you."

Chen narrowed his eyes. 'I may not be good looking like that rest of them, or rich…or tough.' He gently placed his hand over this throat. 'But I can give Xiumin a song. Thats more meaningful right?'

"Hey yo."

Chen turned around to see Xiumin walking towards him. "X-Xiumin."

"Hm?" Xiumin raised his eyebrow. 'Did he stutter?' "Uh, yeah. It's after school…aren't you going home?"

"Um," 'Chen! This is your chance to get closer to Xiumin! More than the other 5!' "Actually, I was waiting for you."

"Me?" Xiumin crossed his arms. "Why?"

"I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out."

"Hang out?"

"Hm." Chen nodded. "We can go and eat at a cafe or something. Or to a book store and get some books."

Xiumin started to chuckle. "A book store?"

"W-well…um, yeah…you know. I-I don't know, you can choose. Wherever you want to go."

'Wow, this guy. Sohee is going straight home anyway…I'll just text her that I'll be home late' "Um, we can go to this one cafe…it is in the center of the city…near the park with that big fountain in the middle. It's called Starlight…I dunno if you heard --"

"Oh, yeah! I heard about it. They have good stuff."

"Okay, so you wanna go?"

Chen smiled. "If it is with you, then yes, I would love to go." Xiumin felt a blush coming. He quickly walked passed Chen, telling him to hurry up. "Yes dear!" Chen joked and he was now walking next to the Bun.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"This cheesecake is amazing!" Chen poked a piece of cheesecake and brought it to his mouth. "So good!"

Xiumin chuckled, making it sound like music to Chen's ears. This is probably the closest he could get for the other to smile at him, or be happy around him.

"So, how was your day?"

"Good." Xiumin said straight out.

"Good? Just good?"

"Um," Xiumin scratched his round cheek. "I dunno…the day has been content." He shrugged. "What else am I suppose to say?"

"I dunno…I'm just asking you know." Chen gave a smile at the other. "So, no trouble from those five?"

"Five? Oh, the Courting 5? Nope. Not really…actually, they haven't been bothering me lately, so thats good."

'Good…I don't want them to be bothering you anyway.' "Oh! I just remembered!" He grabbed his backpack and zipped it open to grab his bag of cookies, only to be disappointed that they were now crushed from his books. 'Crap!' He sighed. "They are ruined."

Xiumin looked over the table; he let out a scoff. "Cookies?"

Chen pouted. "Yeah, uh…I actually made them for you."

The Bun raised his eyebrow. "For me?"

"Hm." He opened the bag. "Man…I worked really hard too." He said softly, but enough for Xiumin to hear.

Xiumin clicked his tongue and started to look around for the waiter. Once he spotted him he raised his hand to get his attention.

"Yes?"

"Can I have two small frozen yogurts please? Um, both vanilla bean please?"

"Of course." The waiter said as he left to go make them.

Chen gave a confused expression. "Frozen yogurt?"

Xiumin just gave a nod. "Just wait and see. Gimmie that bag of broken cookies."

"But they are --"

"Ah! Gimmie." The Bun told him, gesturing him to bring them out. Chen sighed and handed the other the bag. He felt totally embarrassed that they were broken.

'I should've put them in a plastic container…why didn't I do that?!'

"Here you two go…two vanilla bean frozen yogurts." The waiter said. "Anything else?"

"Hm." Xiumin shook his head. "Thats it, thank you."

The waiter nodded and went back to cleaning the tables. Xiumin opened the plastic bag; he grabbed enough of the cookie crumbs and sprinkled it over the frozen yogurt.

"There!" The Bun smiled. "Your cookies didn't completely go to waste." He handed Chen the cup of frozen yogurt with the cookie crumbs.

"Oh!" Chen gladly took the cup of frozen yogurt. 'He is so smart! I didn't even think of that!' "Thanks Xiumin!" He grabbed his spoon and started to intake the frozen yogurt.

Xiumin rolled his eyes and started to put some of the cookie crumbs on his dessert. They chatted for a bit as they had their treat; there were times where Chen was able to make Xiumin laugh, and to him, it sounded beautiful.

'I wonder if any of the Courting 5 were able to make him laugh like this.'

Chen for sure didn't want this day to end, but at some point it has to.

"I have to go." Xiumin said as he started to stand up from his seat. Chen immediately stood up as well, pushing in his chair, and grabbing his wallet to place money on the table.

"What are you doing?" Xiumin asked as he was taking money from his wallet.

"Paying? For the both of us?"

"I have money too. I can pay for my half." He showed him his money, in which Chen declined.

"Its fine." Chen gave a smile towards the other. Xiumin tried to protest, but Chen wouldn't have it. "So, where are you off to?"

"Um, home?" The Bun said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I have to make dinner for my little sister." He checked his watch and it was getting close to 5:30pm. "I guess I'll see you --"

"Lemme walk you home."

"What?" Xiumin's eyes widen. "Walk me home?" He scoffed. "I think I can walk home by myself."

"B-but its getting late." Chen pointed at the window, which was true, the sun was setting and for Chen, he would worry if Xiumin didn't make it home safe.

"Chen, I think I can walk home by my self." Xiumin brought his backpack over his shoulder. "But thank you for the concern. Besides, I am --" Xiumin was interrupted by a text ring from his phone. He fished it out and glanced that it was from Sohee. "Yeah, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." With that, Xiumin left, leaving Chen no chance to respond.

'Man…I really wanted to spend more time with Xiumin.'

"Hey Chen."

Chen turned around only to have his eyes widen.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Finally you are home!" Sohee ran up to her brother and took his backpack from him. "I was hungry, so I already ate."

"Already ate? But I just got a text from you saying that you were hungry."

"I know, but I was getting hungry." She pouted. "There is some left over food in the kitchen."

"Oh really? Okay -- but hey…you don't know how to cook…did you order something?"

Sohee shook her head. "No…Jiyong was here and --"

"Jiyong?!" Xiumin's jaw dropped. "That guy was in the house?! Sohee!!"

Sohee rolled her eyes. "He just walked me home. I offered him to come inside and we did our assignments together."

"But Sohee! Why did you let him come inside the house?! Just the two of you?!"

"Brother, he didn't do anything to me. Jeez, you are over exaggerating!" She placed her brother's backpack on the couch. "He made some food and it was good. Try some." She grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen. "He made chicken and rice."

Sohee grabbed a fork and poked the chicken. "Its good I promise." Before Xiumin could do anything, Sohee took the opportunity to place the chicken inside his mouth. "Now chew!"

Xiumin had no other choice, but chew. He did and to his surprise, the chicken that Jiyong made was delicious.

"So? Was it good?"

Xiumin glanced at his sister. He hated to admit it, but it was good. Slowly, he nodded making his sister smile. Once he swallowed, he cleared his throat a bit. "I like it, but it doesn't mean I like him."

Sohee rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Eat some more."

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiumin was starting to worry. The Courting 5 hasn't done anything to him, not even bothering him. He feared that they are really planning on doing something to him.

'Hm…they probably won't attack me right?' Xiumin pondered as he leaned back in his desk. 'They probably won't.' He scoffed. 'They care to much about me.' He rolled his eyes. 'Actually, they care too much to hurt me…they are willing to get punched by me.' Xiumin started to tap his desk. 'Wow, they must be…masochistic…or is it sadistic? Masochistic…yeah thats the right term.'

"Hey you."

Xiumin looked up to see the towering brothers approach his desk. "Morning."

"How are you?"

"I'm doing well…worried mostly."

"Worried?" Chanyeol took the seat from the desk in front of Xiumin and sat down. "Why?"

"The Courting 5 are planning something…I just know it."

"You are just being paranoid." Kris assured the other as he sat down on his desk. "Maybe they finally figured it out that you don't want any of them." He started to fish out his cell phone after he felt it vibrate.

"I hope so. I'm so used to it that it feels weird that they aren't doing anything. Then again, it kinda feels nice that they aren't bothering me." He told Chanyeol, who just gave a nod.

"Whoa." Both Xiumin and Chanyeol looked over at Kris, who displayed a worried expression.

"What happened?"

"Chen is in the hospital."

"What?!" Xiumin and Chanyeol said in unison.

"Hospital? W-when?" The Bun said with slight worry in his tone.

"Yesterday night. Um, Tao just sent my a text that he won't be attending today. He got a call from the hospital late last night…I guess Chen told the nurses to tell him instead of his parents."

Xiumin's heart started to beat. 'Yesterday? I just saw him yesterday.' He started to have some thoughts cloud his mind. 'Is it my fault for not letting him take me home? If I did let him walk me home, he wouldn't be in this predicament.' He felt his heart weigh in guilt. 'What happened?!'

"We should visit him after school." Chanyeol said. "Who would put him to the hospital? I mean, really?"

Xiumin bit his lip. He started to wonder if it was the Courting 5. Was that the reason why none of them bothered him? He stood up and started to pick up his backpack. The stepbrothers raised their eyebrows towards the other.

"Where are you going?" Kris said.

"I'll go visit him."

"N-now?" Chanyeol quickly stood up, almost falling from his seat. "But class is going to start soon."

"Tell Yongguk that it is an emergency then."

"No," Kris stood up, grabbing his things. "We will go to. Lets go Chanyeol." Xiumin was about to tell them that it was okay, but the other shook his head. "Its fine. Besides, Chen is our friend too." Kris started to take out his keys as the three ran down the hallway of the school. 

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

comment if you like~
mistakes = Im sorry

Bleh...school started yesterday (april 1st) plus, i had a bad day yesterday ^^;; ah, yeah. :/ next break...summer break!! 

(@ o @)v