The Bun's exhausting first day

saying i love you

Xiumin tied his nike shoes and smoothed out his red shirt. He sometimes hates physical education; he disliked the thought of getting sweaty and such, but he tries to ignore it.

"Ready?" Xiumin looked up at Baekhyun, who was waiting patiently for the other; the Bun sighed.

"I guess."

Another reason why Xiumin hated physical education was because ever since freshman year, he was in the same class as the courting 5. Just when he thought that he wouldn't get to have them all in one class, he sees them sitting on the benches, smiling at him and waving.

The whistle blew, making the students stop chatting with each other. "Okay guys, gather right here everyone. Hustle up!" Once the students gathered, the teacher instructed them that they would be playing volleyball. Xiumin groaned, making Baekhyun nudge his stomach.

"Its fun. Stop being a downer." Baekhyun whispered.

"I hate volleyball." Xiumin huffed.

"Okay." The teacher started. "I'll break you into 4 teams. Thankfully there are 20 of you." The teacher started to break them into teams; thankfully, Baekhyun was with Xiumin, but the other 3 members were Zico, Joon, and Kyumin.

"Xiumin! Here." Xiumin caught the ball that a fellow classmate tossed him.

"Thanks Yoori." The Bun bounced the ball, but it was quickly snatched away by Joon.

"I'll serve first." Joon said as he spun up the volleyball in his hands. Xiumin glared at the other; he wanted to tell him off, but before he could, Joon leaned in, close to his ear. "Don't want my princess to break is pretty hands." With that, he took Xiumin's left hand and gave a peck. The students near by giggled at the action, while Xiumin's plumped cheeks burned; he quickly tugged his hand away.

"Just serve the damn ball." He hissed. He walked over to Baekhyun, while wiping his hand on his shirt. Joon chuckled some and instructed his fellow teammates to get into position. Like a pro, he served the ball and they rallied it out with the other team.

On opposing team, Joonkyu spiked the ball down, straight at Xiumin. Being like a deer caught in the headlights, Xiumin closed his eyes waiting for the ball to hit him. But instead, he felt a tug on his arms, moving out of the way; the ball slammed passed Xiumin and rolled off.

"Sorry Xiumin! You okay?" Joonkyu asked with worry.

"I'm fine. Nice spike though!" Xiumin gave a reassuring smile. He turned to thank the person who moved him, but only to have himself frown.

"You okay? My little Bun?" Zico asked.

"I'm fine." Xiumin dusted himself. "But thank you for moving me out of the way."

"It was no problem!" He grinned. "I've done good yeah?"

"Erm," Xiumin scratched his cheek. "I guess?"

"Then I deserve a kiss yes?"

The Bun narrowed his eyes. "No."

"B-but why not?" He whined like a child. "I did good!"

"Do you want a mouth full of fists?" Xiumin showed him his fist, in which Zico raised his hands up in defense.

"Okay, okay sorry babe."

"And another thing." He poked Zico on the chest. "Don't call me babe." With that he walked off to Baekhyun. Zico watched as the Bun left; he chuckled some and cracked his neck to relieve tension.

'He is still a cutie! My little Bun!'

"You okay?" Baekhyun asked as Xiumin made his way to him. "That spike was intense."

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Thankfully Zico was there to move you out of the way."

"Oh yeah. Knight in shining armor." Xiumin rolled his eyes, while Baekhyun chuckled.

"Okay guys, switch out and and team 3, come in." The teacher said as he motioned for the next team to come in.

'I want to go home.' Xiumin whined in his head.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

"That was very good Chen. I'm quite impressed." The teacher said as she and the other students clapped. For Chen it was music class and as the teacher instructed, she wanted at least one person to preform a music piece before class hour was over. Since no one wanted to go, Chen decided to volunteer to go, singing a piece that he heard from the radio.

"Thank you." Chen rubbed the back of his head. He thought that he was okay, but hearing that his teacher was impressed made me happy.

"You may sit down. We have 5 minutes left of class, so just sit tight everyone." She smiled at her students. "Thank you Chen for volunteering."

Chen nodded towards her; once he took his seat, his classmates around him patted his back for a good job.

"That was seriously good!" Chen's classmate, Chaerin said.

"Yeah, man! That was awesome! I don't know who is going to follow up that! That was amazing!" Chen earned a playful nudge from Jaebum.

"Aw, thanks guys." Chen chuckled some. "But really, I just tried my best…I didn't think it was that good."

"So modest!" Jaebum said as he patted Chen on the back.

The bell rang and the students bid their goodbyes to each other. Chen started to walk out, but back tracked. "Ah, Ms. Lee?"

"Hm? Yes?" Ms. Lee looked up as she shuffled her papers together to put in her briefcase.

"Ah, that piano over there. Um, is it okay to stay back and play for a bit?"

"Oh." She looked at the piano and back at Chen. "Sure. Of course you can." She looked through her desk and picked up her classroom key. "I don't do this a lot, but sure." Ms. Lee walked over to Chen and gave him the key. "Just make sure you don't lose it okay? Before you leave, lock up and return it to me tomorrow."

"Of course." Chen smiled. "Thank you."

Ms. Lee nodded. "Have a good rest of the day." She walked out and waved goodbye to Chen.

Chen placed the key in his pocket and walked over to the piano; he slowly touched the keys and smiled. 'Wish I had my own.' He sighed and started to play a piece called River Flows In You by Yiruma. He smiled and closed his eyes, hearing the music flow in the room.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin started to run down the hallway. He was currently being chased down by Luhan. The Chinese teen just wanted to play, but not the play as children would. The Bun turned the corner and ran as fast as he could; he cursed Luhan for being way too fit. All that soccer prepared him for running. Xiumin started to hear Luhan screaming in the hallway. "Minnie!! I'm coming to get you!!"

'And exit left.' Xiumin barged into a room and quickly slammed the door.

"Xiumin?" The Bun quickly turned to see Chen, standing up from where he was, looking at him with a worried look. "Are you okay? You are out of brea--"

"Shh!!" Xiumin placed his index finger on his lips. He looked around and quickly made his way to the teacher's desk. "Don't say anything that I am here! Got it!" With that, he hid under the desk.

"Erm…okay?" Chen scratched his cheek and sat back down. 'Who is going to --'

The door suddenly opened, revealing an exhausted, yet excited Chinese male. "Oh…you." Luhan pouted. "Did Xiumin come through here?" He looked around.

"A-ah…he did come by here."

'Chen! That traitor!!' Xiumin bit his lip.

"But he left when he saw me." Chen chuckled nervously.

"Oh" He stared at him. "Hm…yeah I would have left too if I saw you."

'Ouch.' Xiumin and Chen thought together.

"That hurt." Chen placed his hand on his heart.

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Well, he isn't here, then I'll leave. Have fun with…whatever you are doing." He smiled, changing his personality completely. "Bye!" With that Luhan closed the door; footsteps slowly fading away.

Xiumin popped out from the desk. "A great way to start the first day of school." He dusted his uniform pants. Chen chuckled, making Xiumin glare at him. "Does the teacher even know that you are even here?"

"Yeah. She gave me the key."

Xiumin looked around. "The music room." He looked back at Chen. "You play?"

"Dabble. I'm self taught actually." He smiled at the other. "A good friend of mine owns a piano, so I just play at her house."

"Hm." Xiumin swung his backpack over his shoulder. "Thats cool." He said with not much enthusiasm.

'He said it was cool!!' Chen did a little happy dance in his head. 'He thinks I'm cool now yeah?! One step closer to my princess' heart.'

"Erm…you okay?" Xiumin furrowed his brow. "You…are having his weird look on your face."

"Ah! Yeah I'm fine." He smiled brightly. "Would you like to hear a piece?"

"Um…" Xiumin didn't really want to stay and listen, he checked his watched and noticed that Sohee won't be getting out for another hour and a half due to her after school club. "Sure…I guess." He sighed.

"Come." Chen patted a seat. "I'll play you a piece."

Xiumin placed his backpack on the floor. "I'll just stand, thank you. But uh…hm." The Bun wanted to stump the other. "You know any song?"

"Hm…just a few. I'll tell you if I dunno how to play it."

'Hm…Ha! Lets see if he can play this.' "Trouble Maker." 'That is pretty upbeat…I doubt he knows how to play that.'

"Trouble Maker?" Chen titled his head.

"Yeah…with Hyuna and Hyunseung…heard of the song?"

Chen nodded. "It is actually my favorite."

"Ah." Xiumin rolled his eyes. "Well, can you play it?"

"Yeah. I learned his…hm…maybe a week ago." Chen started to play Troublemaker on the piano. Xiumin was shocked; it was beautiful. Throughout the piece, Xiumin was slowly bobbing his head along.

"You can sing along if you like." Xiumin looked at Chen, who was smiling at him. Yet, the Bun shook his head.

"Can't sing." He said softly.

"Oh," With that Chen stopped. "I can teach you if you want."

Xiumin rolled his eyes. "If I wanted to learn I'll ask."

Chen pouted, but continued to play. Once he was done playing, he smiled in his accomplishment and turned towards the Bun, who nodded and was impressed at Chen's piano skills. To humor the other, the Bun clapped.

"Thats was good. I'm impressed."

Chen smiled. "Thank you!"

Xiumin checked his watch, not wanting to stay any longer. 'Hm…I'll just go and wait for Sohee outside.' He started to pick up his backpack and started to head out.

"Wh-where are you going?" Chen said as he quickly stood up from his seat.

"I have to get going." He opened the door, looking left and right in case the Chinese boy was waiting outside for him. "I have to pick up my sister from school."

"Oh! You have a sister? She doesn't go here?"

"No. She goes to the JYP college prep high school."

"Oh. Thats cool."

"Hm, yeah. So uh," Xiumin looked over his shoulder. "I'll see you later then."

Chen smiled brightly. "Yeah! See you tomorrow." He waved at the Bun, who nodded. As Xiumin closed the door, Chen started to do a mini cheer in his head. 'He said I'll see you later! Does that mean we are friends now?! Oh wait, maybe not…but I can dream can I?' He chuckled as he started to gather his things. 'Ah! He is just too cute I can't even!'

He started to walk out the classroom, locking the door as instructed by his teacher. He placed the key in his pocket and started to head out.

"Today was a good day Chen. Today was a good day." He said to himself. "Hm…courting 5." 'They never gave up on Xiumin huh…and Xiumin doesn't like them.' "Don't worry Xiumin! I'll protect you!"

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin adjusted his backpack as he walked to Sohee's school. He hummed to 'Trouble Maker' remembering the piano piece that Chen played. As he quickly approaches his sister's school, he sat on the curb and took out his cell phone to give a quick text to his sister.

He waited for a while and his phone started to buzz. Xiumin took out his phone and clicked 'view' to read the message.

'I'll be out soon. Just getting my stuff.'

Xiumin placed his phone in his pocket and continued to wait. Soon, Xiumin turned to see his sister yelling out for him and waving. She rushed to him while holding onto a lot of books.

"Here, gimmie some." Xiumin motioned for his sister to give some of the books to him.

"Thanks." She gave her brother some books and adjusted her backpack. "Can you believe it…first day of school and they give us homework in all subjects…plus, my after school clubs --"

"Clubs? As in plural?" Xiumin was impressed that his sister was taking in many after school clubs, but worried about the amount of work that she was going to take on. His sister was smart, no doubt about it, taking high level courses, but with much stress, it will make her sick. "Ah, Sohee…I don't think that will be a good idea to take many after school clubs."

"Don't worry about that. I can handle it." She said, brushing her hair back.

"How many are you participating?"

"Hm," She counted in her head. "3. Mathematics, band…and painting club." She smiled at her brother.

"That is a lot Sohee…I don't know. And what happened to the student council…you should kept that one instead of…I don't know…the painting club."

"Oh! I forgot about that. So make that 4."

"Sohee!"

"What?"

"That is way too much." He shook his head. "Get rid of one. Keep that student council one because that will look good on your student records."

"Brother, I promise. Now come on, we should go home so I can start studying. I have lots to do." She started to walk, with Xiumin following her at tow. As they waited for their bus, Sohee shifted a bit.

"Hm, Xiumin." She said softly.

"Hm?" Xiumin turned to face his sister. "What? Whats wrong? Did you forget something at school?"

"N-no. Ah…I was wondering if I can hangout with my friends tomorrow after school."

"Tomorrow? On a school night?"

Sohee nodded. "We are just going to the cafe and talk you know. Thats all."

Xiumin pondered. "I guess. Who is going."

"Oh you know. Sunye, Yeeun, Jiyong, Yoobin, and Hael --" She said quickly, but only to have her brother interrupt her.

"Hold up…Jiyong. Thats a guy's name. I never heard of him before." He eyed his sister. "Why is a guy --"

"He is just a friend. Promise! Sunye and everyone will be there as well. If something happens, at least they will be there to protect me…which I doubt 'cause Jiyong is a nice guy! He wouldn't do anything."

Xiumin scoffed. "Yeah right. Sohee, lemme tell you something --"

"Oh jeez…I know what you are going to say…there is no need to repeat it."

"But, it is true." Xiumin pointed out.

"In some cases. Some guys are not like that." She pouted and scooted closer to her brother. "Please. Pretty, pretty, pretty please!?"

Xiumin sighed. "Fine. But, only if Sunye and the others come along. Got it. I don't wan you to be with this," He scrunched up his nose. "Jiyong guy or whatever his name is alone."

Sohee smiled. "Don't worry brother! Sunye is also protective! You know that."

Their bus arrived and Sohee hopped in, with a smile on her face. Xiumin on the other hand groaned inside.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

"She is too young Baekhyun." Xiumin adjusted his cell phone from his right ear to his left. "Right? I mean come on…"

"Hm, I don't think so. I mean she is…I guess that age." Baekhyun pointed out. "You are so protective." He chuckled. "I wished I had a sibling like that…but I guess having a protective boyfriend is good enough." He beamed.

"Oh god…what if Jiyong asks her to be his girlfriend and they go out and she gets pregnant!! Oh my god Baekhyun! I'm not ready to take care of a nephew!!"

"Jeez, calm down. Sohee is a very classy, young lady she wouldn't do that. Plus, this is JYP college prep…the students there are high class you know. Very well proper, gentlemen and lady like in my opinion." Baekhyun started to doodle on his paper. "Anyway, enough talking about your sister, what do you think of the new guy?"

"Who? Chen?"

"Uh, who else?"

"He's weird." Xiumin leaned forward back in his seat while he looked over his assignments.

"But he is adorable yeah?"

Xiumin furrowed his brow. "Are you going to cheat on Chanyeol or something. 'Cause as his childhood friend I'm obliged to tell hi--"

"No! I'm not going to cheat on Chanyeol! You crazy man? I'm just asking what you think of him. Chen I mean."

The Bun pondered. "Weird." He sighed. "I don't know."

"He likes you, you know."

"I know that…he announced it this morning in my class…in front of everyone." He heard Baekhyun laugh, making him roll his eyes. "It's not funny you know. It was embarrassing. He doesn't even know me and already he likes me? Pfft."

"Well," Baekhyun scratched his cheek. "I mean…hm, you should give him a chance you know."

"No way." Xiumin shook his head. "Guys who say that are just after one thing when they say that --"

"Yeah, yeah I know. They want to be in bed with you…blah blah blah, they don't look whats in the inside, of course." Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "But he is different. I have a feeling."

"Nope. That is final."

Baekhyun pouted. "Just you wait Xiumin…you are going to be alone."

"Give me 50 cats and a life time supply of steamed buns and I'm good."

"Whatever. Listen, I have to go. So I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay, bye."

With that, they both hanged up. Xiumin sighed and resumed back in his assignments. After 3 hours of homework, he stood up and stretched. He checked his clock and it was getting close to 11:30pm.

'I wonder if Sohee is done.'

He went outside of his room to check on his sister. Xiumin knocked, but there was no response. "Sohee, I'm coming in." He opened the door to see his sister, sitting on the floor with her back against her bedside. Her head was resting on top of her bed, with her notebook on her lap and a pen, slowly slipping out from her hand. Multiple folders were on the floor, with her binder opened, filled with notes and such.

Xiumin approached and glanced at the contents of his sister's homework. "So much." He whispered. He glanced over and saw his sister's school planner; he grabbed it and looked at today's date.

'Hm, AP biology…honors pre-calculus…honors korean and chinese literature…3…4…Jeez, Sohee, this is too much for you.' He sighed, yet he was impressed that his sister was able to finish 6 out of the 7 subjects that he had for homework. He looked over and noticed that she was working on her yearbook class, an elective that was more easy going than her 6 tough classes.

'Just notes…oh…Sohee is in charge of the layout and part of the photography.'

He looked over at his sister's notes, which wasn't much. He slowly grabbed her notebook and the pen. He decided to help out his sister and design a layout for their yearbook. 'Hope she will like it.' Xiumin wasn't an artist, but he was okay. Once he was done, satisfied with what he did, he closed her notebook and gathered his sister's things, placing them neatly next to her. Xiumin grabbed the blanket on his sister's bed and draped it over her.

"Sleep well."

With that, he left his sister's room and went to his bathroom to wash up and go to bed.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin yawned as he was sitting in his seat, half listening to what Chanyeol was telling him and his stepbrother.

"The guy came out of freakin' no where!! It was so scary!!"

Kris shook his head. "Chanyeol, Slender is not a scary game." He said with a cool tone in his voice.

"He came out of no where man! I turn one way and bam! He is there!" He shivered a bit. "I also managed to watch the web series on youtube. It was freakin' scary! But so good!!"

"Chanyeol…you shouldn't do that."

"B-but why not?!"

"'Cause, oh I don't don't know…you came into my room at 2:30 in the morning and cried and was basically begging to stay in my room for the night. You should know by now, scary things are not good for you."

"But --"

"Ah!" He made a zip motion with his hand. "Shh. No more."

Chanyeol pouted like a child and turned towards Xiumin. "You okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm good."

"Ran into the courting 5 again?"

"Kyumin this time."

"What did he do?" Kris asked as he took out his notebook and flipping it to a clean page.

"Hm," The Bun yawned a bit. "I dropped some of my stuff. So I bent down to grab them and I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist."

"Oh?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrow.

"And it just so happened to be Kyumin." He rolled his eyes. "And he whispered…explicit stuff in my ear and I started to hate it, so I elbowed him in the stomach."

"Jeez!"

"Yeah, and I walked off."

"Like a boss?" Chanyeol asked.

"Erm, sure. Boss…whatever."

Chanyeol was going to say something, but their teacher, Yongguk, came in. "Okay guys, ready for today's lesson?" Most students groaned, saying that they were tired and Yongguk chuckled a bit. "I know guys it's early. Heck, I'm suffering too here…I had to wake up early." He grabbed some papers and started to hand them to his students. "Keep this packet guys 'till the end of the term. Because whatever is in here, will be on the final."

Xiumin flipped through the packets. "So much stuff…this is going to be a pain." He sighed and resumed to listen to their teacher lecture.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

It was break time and Chen strolled over to his locker getting his stuff. He looked over and saw Tao walking towards him.

"Hey Tao." He smiled at his classmate, as he closed his locker. "How are you on this fine morning."

Tao chuckled. "Its going okay I guess." He opened his plastic baggy and handed Chen a cookie. "Here, I baked them yesterday with my mom. They're good."

"Thanks!" Chen bit into the cookie and smiled. "Its good!" He munched more into it and swallowed. "That was a good cookie!"

"You can have more if you want."

As Tao handed Chen the cookie, they started to chat for a bit.

"So Chen." The other turned to his Chinese friend. "Are you really going to go after out Baozi?"

Chen smiled and nodded. "Of course."

"Hm, I would be careful if I were you. Xiumin is --"

"Feisty? I know." He chuckled.

"Ah…I guess you can say that. But I actually meant about the guys that like him. Just…hm, be careful okay."

Chen raised his eyebrow. "Why? I mean," He chuckled some. "Are they going to whip out some guns and knives or some gangsters and go after me?"

"Zico and Joon might." Tao said softly.

"What?"

"Nothing! B-but I mean…you know, its nice to me extra cautious. They tend to get very…erm, you know, competitive with each other for Xiumin's attention and slightly possessive. They just don't show it as much."

"Actually, I have this question." Chen placed his back pack on the ground to relax  his shoulder. "Who are in the courting 5 again. Chanyeol was the one who told me right?"

"Yeah, um, there are obviously 5 of them. Rome, Joon, Luhan, Zico, and Kyumin."

"And they are all in our grade right? I don't have classes with any of them."

"Yeah. Actually, all 5 of them are in Xiumin's physical education class." Tao chuckled a bit. "Ever since freshman year…they have been in his class."

"Oh," Chen scratched his cheek. 'Lame…I wish I was in Xiumin's physical education class.' "Hm, I'm not worried about that." He smiled.

"I didn't ask if you were worried though." Tao said softly.

"I am more than determined to win Xiumin's love! I just have to take it slow, unlike the courting 5."

"Good luck with that." Tao smiled. "It may sound weird, but I have a feeling that you are going to end up with Xiumin in the end."

"Thanks for the support buddy!" He swung his arm around the other. "I will save my princess from the raging 5 headed dragon!!" 'Chen fighting!!'

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- 

Comment if you like

Mistakes = im sorry

Here are the pieces that Chen plays. Really great!