The Scorpion and the talent show

saying i love you

"I think that is a wrap!" Baekhyun said with a smile. "I think we are going to totally win this!"

"I thought that this was supposed to help Chen win over Xiumin." Kris asked as he placed the drum sticks on the snare drum.

"It is!" Baekhyun placed the guitar on the side. "Xiumin will love it and we will win this talent show! Win-win, hello!"

"Uh…you know that this is not really a competition. It's just about --"

"Shh! Don't ruin it! It makes it more intense if it is competition!"

Chen smiled; he placed the mic back on its stand and continued to over hear what his friends were saying. 'It will be cool if it was…but really…I just want Xiumin's love.'

"You feel confident singing in front of the students?" Chanyeol asked, placing the bass between his legs.

"Um…a little. But still…I'm not good at singing in big crowds. In front of a small groups is okay with me, but big crowds…that is just another ball game."

Chanyeol smiled and patted his back. "Aw, man, you have us right behind you. There is nothing to be scared of. If something goes wrong, you can count on us to pick it up."

Chen gave a small smile. "Thanks. Um, you think Xiumin will like this? I mean, he doesn't like people's attention focused on him…he just might get mad and --"

"If there is one thing I know about Xiumin is that…everything you just said is true."

'Well damn it Chanyeol…then why are we doing this?!'

"But…" The taller thought for a bit. "He will like it. It will be sweet gesture to show that you like him. People who came to him would always say: 'Xiumin…I like you, please go out with me.' or 'Xiumin I made this lunch for you.' All the confessions were so boring. This, no one in our school has done this before, so it will be pretty cool."

"Okay, it will be cool, but I'm more worried about Xiumin hating me even more."

"Chen, it takes time. Don't think of it as going back a step, but think of it as you are moving forward to Xiumin's soft, little, heart."

"Guys," Both looked up at the call. "We are going to head out. Lets go get something to eat." Kris said, opening the door of the music room.

"Yeah, lets go. Tomorrow night is the night and we should celebrate our hard work." Tao said as he clapped his hands together.

"Tomorrow…night." Chen whispered to himself. Let out a shakily breath, feeling worried about the talent show. Him and everyone would practice everyday after school and for sure, they knew that they got it down.

"Chen," He snapped out of his thoughts and glanced up to the others, waiting for him to come along. "Lets go." Tao smiled at him as he adjusted his backpack.

"C-coming." Chen quickly grabbed his bag and joined the others. 'I hope that won't mess up tomorrow…'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Hmpt." Xiumin continued to munch on his little donut as he was walking back home. "Chen is stealing my friends, I swear it!" He angrily bit onto the donut. "I want to hang out with them too! What is it that they can't include me also?!"

As he reached his house, he fished out his keys and opened the door. Once he stepped inside, he heard giggling coming from the kitchen. 'Sohee?' He made his way over to the kitchen, only to widen his eyes to see his baby sister and Jiyong sitting really close to each other.

"Okay!" Both Sohee and Jiyong jumped from the sudden noise; they turned around to see Xiumin glaring at both of them, more on Jiyong than at Sohee. "Times up, you gotta go."

"Xiumin!"

"Nope. He has to go. Bye, bye Jiyong." He gestured the door and made a 'shooing' motion.

"Xiumin!" Sohee stood up from her seat. "Thats rude. Jiyong," She looked over shoulder with a small smile on her face. "I'm sorry about my brother, he didn't mean that --"

"Ah, its okay." He stood up. "I have to get home anyway. Have lots to do."

"O-oh." She replied with a hint of sadness in her voice. "Okay…I'll walk you out then." Sohee turned around, only  to give an angry glare at her brother.

Xiumin could only roll his eyes. As Sohee was walking Jiyong out, he sat at the table, only to continue eating his donuts.

"Xiumin!" Sohee stomped back to the kitchen, placing her hands on her hips. "Why did you do that?! Jiyong and I…we were just studying!"

"No, that boy was too close to you. Besides, I bet he was staring at your legs, you are just wearing your shorts!"

Sohee rolled her eyes. "They are not short shorts…they are just your regular shorts! You always tell me to change out of my uniform anyway! Jeez, Xiumin, you are such an overprotective brother!"

"Hey, I'm just looking out for you. Besides that is the job of an older brother!"

The two continued to bicker until a knock was heard. "That better not be him." Xiumin sighed as he stood up from his seat. He and Sohee made their way to the front door to see who it was. Once the Bun opened the door, both were surprised to see Chen standing in front of the door.

"O-oh, hello." Chen lifted up a small box. "I…um, brought some cake for you a-and you too Sohee."

"Why are you here?" Xiumin said in a slightly cold tone.

"I was --"

"Hanging out with my friends I know…why are you here?"

"We went out to a cake house and I thought…since you weren't there, I thought that I would buy you some cake."

The Bun raised his eyebrow at the other. "Uh…thanks I guess?"

Sohee leaned over and pulled Chen inside. "Come in, come in. Have a piece with us."

"O-oh, I'm full and these are for you --"

"One piece wouldn't hurt." Sohee continued to gently push Chen to the kitchen, much to Xiumin's displeasure. He closed the door and walked to where the two were. Sohee grabbed small plates and forks, and placed them on the table. "What kind did you get?"

"Um," Chen opened the box revealing 5 small adorable cakes. "I got 5…two are raspberry…that has almonds on it…i forgot the others, but I remember Kris and Baekhyun…ah, you know them right?"

Sohee chuckled. "Yeah, my brother's friends…I know who they are."

"O-okay, yeah, um, they tried them and they liked it so I got them."

"Great!" The youngest Bun looked up at her brother. "Xiumin, come on and lets try them out." She sat down and started to pick out her cake.

The Bun sighed and sat right next to Chen. "So, really…you came all way to bring us cake."

"Yeah…I felt bad that you weren't there."

"Hm…thanks I guess. I'll reimburse you."

Chen shook his head. "No need to repay." He smiled at the Bun, who started to feel himself overheat a bit. He looked away and grabbed himself a plate.

"Would you like some donuts? I got some myself."

"Thats okay. I'm actually full from the cakes that I ate. Just enjoy yourselves."

"Okay, then…suit yourself." Xiumin leaned over and grabbed himself a piece of cake.

Chen and Sohee started to chat leaving Xiumin alone to munch on his small piece of cake. 'Now he is taking my sister too! Does this guy want to steal everything that I love!?'

"Well, I have to go. Homework you know." Chen stood up from his seat. "Enjoy the cakes guys."

Xiumin looked up and stood up as well. "I'll walk you out then."

"Bye Chen! Thank you for the cakes!!" Sohee said, waving her hand goodbye.

"No problem." As Chen and Xiumin made their way to the front door, Xiumin once again told the other that he would pay him back for the cakes. "Like I said, you don't have to. It's on me."

Xiumin was about to tell him that he wanted to pay him back, but instead, he got a peck on the cheek from the other.

"Well, bye! See you tomorrow!" With that, Chen ran off. The Bun's eyes grew wide and red once more. He placed his hand on his soft cheek when Chen has pecked. His eyes narrowed and the more he was overheating.

"Damn it Chen!!" He ran out of his door and saw a glimpse of Chen still running down the street. "I'm going to kick your !! Seriously, who gave you permission to freakin' kiss me huh?! Huh!!"

"Xiumin!" He turned around to see his sister, covering her eyes. "You are getting loud and angry! Again!! Come back inside!!" The Bun puffed his cheeks and stomped back to the house, passing Sohee on the way. "Jeez," She whispered, closing the door. "He needs to relax."

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"So XiuXiu --"

"XiuXiu?" Xiumin rested his chin on his left palm as he stared at Chanyeol with a confused look. "Another nickname?"

"Don't like it?"

"Hm, no --"

"Tough. So anyway XiuXiu are you going to the talent show tonight?"

"Uh…hm, probably not."

"What?" Both the towering brothers looked at the Bun with surprised looks. "W-why not?" Kris asked, turning around, completely facing the other.

"Did I just hear you stutter? Well, anyway, I don't really have a reason to go."

"We will be on it!" Chanyeol blurted out

"You and Kris?"

"And Tao and Baekhyun and even Chen." Kris added in.

"So Xiumin," Chanyeol reached over to Xiumin's hands and grabbed them, holding them tight in his own. "You have to come to the talent show tonight!"

"Cha-Chanyeol let go of my hands!" The Bun tried to break free, but the other had a great hold on him. Everyone started to turn their heads and slightly chuckle at what the taller was doing. "Okay, okay, I'll go. Just let go!"

"Great!" Chanyeol released his grip of the other. "See you then!" With that he went to his seat and sat down. Xiumin could only shake his head and rest his head on the desk.

'Oh…so they were practicing then…b-but why didn't they include me?'

"Okay, class, open your packets and we will get started in checking the answers."

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Ready for talent show tonight?" Baekhyun said happily as he walked down the hallways with Tao.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I can't wait to perform the song with everyone. I just hope that Xiumin will like it…you know how he is."

"Please…this is cute all right. A very cute love confession!" Baekhyun placed his hands on his cheeks and beamed even more. "He will love it."

Tao chuckled. "Hope so."

"Are the instruments all stored in the music room right?"

"Yeah, I told the teacher not to move them since we will be using them later."

Tao nodded. "Great!"

The two continued to walk to their class, not knowing that someone overheard.

'Hm.'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Sohee, I'm heading out now." Xiumin said as he started to put on his shoes.

"Okay. Have fun." Sohee said, pushing up her glasses.

"And remember, no boys --"

"Whatever." She started to push him to the door. "Bye."

"I'm serious. And you and your friends can order whatever you need. It must be food Sohee."

"Yeah, yeah. Bye."

"Love you."

"Love you too." With a final push, Xiumin was out. The door shut close and all the Bun could do was roll his eyes. He started to head back to school, wondering what his friends performed tonight. "Lets see…Chanyeol and Kris know how to play instruments…and Chen can sing…so it must be a song…but Tao and Baekhyun…do they know how to play? Or sing? Maybe it is something differently like a skit." He snorted. "That will be weird."

As he got closer to the school, he made his way to the auditorium. It was filled with all the students and even family members wanting to see their children perform.

"XiuXiu!" Xiumin clicked his tongue and turned around to see Chanyeol coming up to him.

'Whoa, he looks pretty good.' The taller came out with small, white v-neck, PLAYM color-block cardigan, some nice black  slacks that just stopped right where his ankles were, and nice MR.PARK navy lace-up deck shoes. 'Even his hair is styled up. He does clean up pretty good. Maybe it is for the talent show.'

"Hey, are you listening to me?"

"H-huh?"

"We saved you a seat."

"A-a seat?"

"Yeah, over here." He grabbed onto Xiumin's wrist and lead him to where he is going to be seating for the remainder of the talent show. "So, just sit tight!"

"Uh, thanks…where are the others?"

"Oh, they are getting ready." He smiled. "I have to go, so I'll talk to you later!" With that, he left Xiumin sitting in his seat.

Chanyeol ran backstage to where everyone was, only to bump into Luhan in the process. "O-oh, sorry Luhan."

"Hmpt." Luhan lifted his head, giving an attitude to the other.

"Okay? S-sorry." Chanyeol continued to walk to the back. Luhan on the other hand, shook his head as he exited the backstage.

'Jeez, what was his problem.' Chanyeol thought has he spot Baekhyun smoothing out his clothes. "Baekhyun, is everyone all set?"

"Hm? Oh yeah." He gestured to where the others were, all were just sitting in chairs, talking to one another. Baekhyun turned over to Chanyeol, smoothing out his clothes as well. "There, all nice and wrinkle free!"

"Thanks." He glanced down noticing that Baekhyun's tie was wrong. "Here." He started to fix Baekhyun's tie, making it perfect. "There."

Baekhyun beamed. "Thank you!" He cupped the other on the cheeks, bringing him down for a sweet kiss.

Chen's heart warmed when he saw the two's cute little moment. He glanced over to Tao and Kris who were also having the cute little moment. Tao ended up fixing the other's tie, since he was complaining that it was too tight. Being a nice 'wife', the panda started to fix and adjust the other's tie for him.

"Can I have everyone's attention, please?" Everyone turned the one that was in charge, as he held onto a clipboard. "Okay, so the order is going to be like this." He started to list off the names of the groups that were going to preform. Chen widen his eyes when he heard that him and his group were going to be last. He would rather go first and get it over with than wait until he has to go. "That is all everyone. So, first up...Girl's Day."

The four girls nodded and started to head out to the stage; everyone wished them luck as they headed out.

"Good luck." Chen said to one of the girls, who just nodded back at him. He sighed and made his way back to where he was sitting. Tao noticed that he wasn't happy with the line up and to calm his nerves, he brought his hand to Chen's head, bringing it down so that it would rest on his shoulder.

Chen was surprised to have Tao do such a motherly act. He started to feel at ease; his eyes started to drift as Tao continued to his head.

Kris looked over and slightly frowned. He knew that Tao was being comforting and nice; it was one of the things that he loved about Tao, but sometimes, it would bother him. He glanced down at his lap and fiddled with his fingers. 'I shouldn't be jealous over this…come on. Chen is our friend.' He nodded his head. 'Tao is just being nice.'

As if the panda sensed it, he reached over and intertwined his hands with the other. Tao smiled and continued to comfort the nervous teen.

'He is going to be a great parent…I know that for sure.' Kris thought. 'To my kids that is.' He nodded. "Yeah."

"Yeah?" Tao gave the other a confused look. "What were you thinking of?"

N-nothing."

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"We are next!!" Baekhyun started to jump up and down.

'Oh god.' Chen sighed and slowly stood up from his seat. Now him and the rest were up to go, and more the worries started to form.

"And you guys are the last ones." The coordinator said. "I understand that you have instruments?"

"Yeah, they are in the music room."

"Hurry and go get them. You guys will be up soon." The four that were playing instruments nodded and started to head to the music room. As they arrived, the started to look for their things when Baekhyun noticed something strange about his guitar.

"Oh no!"

"What?" Kris asked as he was approaching the drums that were now on a cart, in which all he has to do is push to the auditorium.

"M-my guitar! The strings are broken!" He grazed his hands on the strings. "It…it looked like someone snipped them!"

"The keyboard is missing!" Tao said with worry. "I left it here before going home today! And its gone!"

"Aw hell no!" Everyone turned to Chanyeol, who ruffed his perfect hair up. "Someone also snipped the bass guitar strings!"

With three of the instruments broken and missing, Kris made his way to the drums. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until he noticed that the top head of the drums had rips on them, and the cymbals were banged up pretty good. "Looks like someone took a knife of some sort and ripped up the tops pretty good. They are unusable."

The four of them grew nervous; none had any instruments to use for the talent show. Instead of worrying more, they ran back to tell about their situation.

They ran up to the coordinator and told him about their situation. All he could do was shake his head. "Sorry guys…but then you guys can't go up."

"B-but," Baekhyun pointed at Chen. "We are performing with him."

"And those instruments is what you need right? Sorry guys…I mean, he can go up, not you four can't…unless you were planning on singing with him."

The four shook their head. Yes, they practiced everyday, but none thought about practice singing along. "N-no." Tao said with a sad tone in his voice. "W-we weren't planning on singing --"

"I guess that means he has to sing by himself."

"W-what?!" Chen glanced back and forth between his friends and the coordinator.

"Just give us a minute please." Kris told the coordinator, who nodded at him.

"He has about a minute until he is up."

"We understand." As the coordinator left, Kris turned to Chen, placing his hands on his shoulders.

"Look, all you have to do is just ignore the people that are in front of you --"

"N-no! You know that I can't do big crowds. You know that!"

"I know, but look, we practice everyday, we are confident that you can do this!"

"B-but I…I-I need the music part." It was true that he needed the music to sing well. It was a new song after all and he would feel better if the song was going along with him. He figured that none of them have the instrumental on them.

Baekhyun bit his lips and took out his cellphone. "Ah, Chen…I have the instrumental version of it. I was listening to it earlier --"

"Guys, or rather…you," He pointed at Chen. "Are up."

"B-but I --"

"Here is the instrumental version of the song. Would that work?"

"Yeah," He told Baekhyun. "That would be fine. I have Jinho take care of it." The coordinator called Jinho, in which Baekhyun handed him his cell phone. "I think it would be great for you to get on stage now." He gently pushed Chen to the stage, much to his displeasure.

With one harsh push, he stumbled upon the stage. Xiumin blinked a bit. 'Oh…Chen.' The Bun raised his eyebrow, wondering why Chen was looking all worried as he approached the microphone stand. 'Where is everyone else?'

Soon, Chanyeol ran across the stage, grabbing the microphone. "Ah, hey guys! Um, well, there were other four people, including myself, joining Chen to sing FT Island's Loving you…but due to our…instruments being damaged, Chen would have to go solo on this, but the instrumental version of the song is going to be played. This is dedicated to someone, but I won't say who. But anyway, enjoy!" With that, Chanyeol turned to Chen and gave him a thumbs up; he ran back to where the other three were, leaving Chen in the center of the stage in front of students.

'What happened?' Xiumin thought. 'Someone destroyed their instruments?' His thoughts were broken once he heard the music started playing. He waited for Chen to start singing at the parts where the lyrics began, but instead, Chen stood frozen. Xiumin started to feel bad for the other and he hoped that he would start singing. 'Come on Chen…sing! Sing damn it!'

Chen hesitated a bit; everyone was staring at him, waiting for the other to start singing. He shook his head, clearing his mind a bit. 'Come on Chen! Lets do this!!'

Within 58 seconds into the song, he started to sing. His powerful voice stunned everyone, especially Xiumin. The audience started to clap, cheering Chen to continue. Chen smiled and continue to sing the lyrics with much confidence, earning more praises from the others. Slowly, Xiumin started to smile.

As Chen finished off the song, everyone stood up and applauded. Even Xiumin himself stood up and clapped. 'Well done Chen. Well done.'

Chen bowed to the crowd and waved his thanks. He turned his head once he heard Baekhyun and the others running towards, hugging him tightly and patting on his back for a job well done.

"Good job Chen!" Tao said, smiling at the other. "You did it! And it was awesome!!"

"Y-yeah! I did! I-I sang in front of the whole school!"

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

After the talent show, most students stood outside, talking to one another; Xiumin was able to find them among the crowd. "Hey." He said, catching up to them.

"Xiumin! Its good that you didn't up and leave." Baekhyun joked. "Did you like it?"

"I liked everyone's performances"

"What about Chen's?"

"His…his was great." Xiumin nodded. He glanced over at Chen, who fiddled with the hem of his dress-shirt that he was wearing. "Hey," He gently poked the other on the shoulder, making him glance up at Xiumin. "Really…was great. I was starting to worry that you weren't going to sing."

"Y-you were worried? About me?"

"You weren't singing so I was getting a little bit worried I guess. Stage fright?"

"U-um, just in front of a bigger crowd…I get a little bit nervous."

"So, anyway," Baekhyun slid close to Xiumin. "Did you like the song?"

"Uh," The Bun nodded. "Yeah. It was cute."

"And…you know it was directed to you right?"

Xiumin blushed a bit. "I --"

"You did like it! Its cute huh?"

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol brought the other away from the Bun. "I'm sure Xiumin liked it."

In truth, just listening Chen sing the song was really beautiful. He figured that they were directed at him judging how the lyrics went. It was sweet and it did feel as if the song was about them in a way. "Yeah, I knew that it was directed at me." The group perked up, with smiling faces. They knew Xiumin would love it, but the Bun didn't say much after what he said. 'But a simple song doesn't do anything for me. It's cute no doubt…but I'm sorry Chen.'

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"He still managed to sing!" Luhan said, crossing his arms. "I can't believe it!"

"You think Xiumin liked it?" Kyumin asked as he leaned back on the wall of the school.

Luhan clicked his tongue. "Probably."

The Five grumbled at how their plan failed. It was Luhan who overhead Tao and Baekhyun talking about their talent show and where their instruments were. However, it wasn't them that damaged the instruments; the four paid some students to do the damaging for them.

"Lets get out of here." Joon ordered, in which the others nodded. The five of them started to make their way to the gated entrance, glancing once more at the smiling Bun.

'This might be harder than I thought.' Joon thought.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

comment if you like/mistakes = im sorry

Girl's Day:

Cho Jinho aka JINO / S.M. THE BALLAD:

FT Island's 너를 사랑해; Loving You: