In the end, the Bun and Scorpion...

saying i love you

Snow.

Xiumin looked up from his blue, transparent umbrella seeing the snow gently falling down. Snow decided to visit Korea today.

It has been five years since Xiumin encountered Chen at the airport; five years of not seeing him, five years of trying to get in contact with him, and five years of not succeeding. It has been a dreadful 5 years, but Xiumin tried his best to move on.

During those five years, Xiumin went to the university that he was accepted and did his 4 year course. As for his friends, they did the same; they graduated and came back to the city to find work. Chanyeol and Tao were lucky to get jobs right away right after university. Kris and Baekhyun followed soon after. Rome on the other hand moved from Korea to Australia for his studies and decided to permanently stay there. Him and Xiumin would keep in contact from time to time via skype; most of the time he wished that Rome would come back and stay in Korea. He really enjoyed his company and support, not that his friends wouldn’t have done the same. It was just different with Rome.

As for the Five, Xiumin was sure that they turned a new leaf. He wasn’t sure how, but two days after him and Chen has their little event at the airport, there on his doorstep were Joon, Kyumin, Zico, and Luhan. Not with gifts, but with sadden expressions. It shocked Xiumin no doubt, considering that they were apologizing to him. He found out that day it was Joon’s plan of breaking them apart, and having put the horrid idea planted in Chen’s mind. The Bun could have punched him hard across the face, to all of them. Instead, he stared at them. He forgave them, much to their surprise. The only words that Xiumin gave them was: ‘you can’t turn back time to rewrite what was wrong.’

Since then, the remaining Five left Xiumin alone. From time to time, they would run into each other on the streets, but the only thing that was given were nods of hello.

Sohee and her group, the WonderGirls, succeeded in their debut as a korean pop girl group, being one of the top 5 girl groups in Korea. Even Xiumin and Sohee's parents were proud, and a bit disappointed in themselves for not being able to be there for their children all these years. Xiumin was angry at the fact that their parents couldn’t even be with them at all during the past few years, but quickly discarded it. He knew that they were working hard, and they told him repeatedly that what they were doing was all for them. Even though Sohee didn’t have her parents with her, Xiumin was very much proud of her, and a bit jealous that his sister got all the good talent genes, but nonetheless, he was very proud. Proud, and a bit angry with Jiyong, considering he already asked the question of marriage. Being the older Bun, he was against it, but after time to get to know Jiyong, he started to slowly warm up to him. Now that his little sister is engaged, Xiumin started to feel a bit sadden at the fact that his friends and even his little sister were in relationships, while he wasn’t. The more he thought about it, the more he missed Chen.

Xiumin blinked as he felt his phone vibrate in his double ed coat pocket. He quickly fished it out, seeing that it was Tao. “Hello?” Xiumin adjusted the phone in his hand. “Tao?”

“Where are you?” Tao asked as he turned to face the stage that the WonderGirls were going to perform on. It was a free concert by the WonderGirls after their debut success, that they decided to give back and perform an all free concert for their fans. “Sohee is asking where you are...and people are already crowding around.” Tao looked behind him, seeing the people are already formed. Sohee made sure that her brother and his friends were right up front so they could get good spots in seeing her and her friends.

“I’m coming. Beside, I’m just a few minutes away from the venue.”

“Alright...just hurry up, okay?”

“Yeah, yeah.” Xiumin chuckled. “I’m heading over.” With that, both parties hanged up their phones. Xiumin placed his cellphone in his pocket and started to walk a bit faster.

As Xiumin was close, he was shocked to see many people were surrounded by outside venue. Sure it was cold, but surprised that the entertainment company went out of their way to provide heaters so that people wouldn't be so cold. The Bun clicked his tongue, seeing that there would be no way for him get to the front. “Man, I guess I’ll just stay here…” ‘I still can see from here...it won’t be a problem...’

He looked up, trying his best to see the stage, as he heard Sunye’s voice through the speakers.

“Hello! We will like to thank everyone for coming to the 2019 Winter WonderGirls’ Concert!” The crowd cheered, and even Xiumin clapped. “I know it is cold, but thankfully, our company has provided heaters and some food for the intermissions! Please enjoy!!” With that, the lights went off for a couple of minutes before illuminating again with a pearl burgundy color. The music started, and it was their song, ‘Like This’, in which Xiumin remembers very well. The crowd jumped in excitement.

Xiumin smiled; he knew his sister and her friends were having a wonderful time.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Two hours has passed with small intermissions here and there, and it was time for the closing number, their most favored song, even before they debuted, ‘Saying I Love You’.

‘Ah,’ Xiumin bit the inside of his cheek. This song would always get to him. It just reminded him of Chen a lot. ‘I wonder how he is doing...’ He thought; he started to feel his heart clench a bit. He started to miss him.

The music started, and soon, Yoobin started her verse.

“You always ask me; how come you never say I love you? Do I really love you?”

Xiumin tried his best not to let the song get to him, but it ended up bring back memories, good and bad between him and Chen. He missed him too much to the point of almost in tears. The Bun turned his head to the side, wanting to wipe his eyes a bit. In the process of doing so, someone caught his eye. With many people standing around, he had a hard time pinpointing the person that he found very familiar. He started to push his way, even closing his umbrella just so he could move a bit faster towards the person.

Dark hair like Chen’s.

Same height as Chen’s.

His style is like Chen’s.

‘Y-you have to be --’ He grabbed the person’s arm, and quickly the person looked at his direction. Xiumin widen his eyes.

“I-I’m sorry, I thought,” He released his grip from the other, who started to back up a bit. “I-I thought you were someone I knew…”

The teen furrowed his brow, and started to walk away quickly from the Bun. He sighed; he hit his own head repeatedly, mentally calling himself ‘stupid’ for doing such a thing. ‘So embarrassing too…’ With another sigh, he was about to turn around, only to find himself bump into someone. “Ow, I-I’m sorry for --” Xiumin’s eyes widen once more. “N-no way --”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Chen pushed up his glasses, making his way down the venue where the WonderGirls were having their free concert. ‘I’m so glad that they made it in the entertainment industry.’ Chen smiled; he remembered the day he watched Sohee and her friends perform at their school talent show, and praised for how good they were. ‘I wonder...if I will see Xiumin...’ His smile faded a bit.

Its been a good, long five years, and just a month ago, he returned back to Korea. Since his return, he didn’t even think of finding Xiumin or be in contact with any of his former friends. In all honesty, he couldn't remember their numbers, as well as being scared.

He was scared that Xiumin might have found someone to be with. Someone that was a true gentleman towards him. He really didn’t like the idea of someone holding him, kissing him, being lovey towards the Bun. Sure, he did say that it wasn’t wise for him and Xiumin to be together, but it didn’t mean that he really liked the idea. He loved Xiumin, and will even consider Xiumin to be his first and only person that he loved so dearly. Chen was just thinking more of Xiumin’s safety and “happiness”.

“Whoa, lots of people here today.” Chen whispered towards himself as he saw many people standing around and looking over at the stage that was in front of them. When he heard the song that was being played. “‘Saying I Love You’...I’ve always liked that song.” He whispered again.

Chen tried to make his way over, to atleast get a better view. He was walking forward until he bumped into some. He looked down, only to have his eyes widen, and heartbeat immensely.

“Ow, I-I’m sorry for -- n-no way...”

“Xiu -- oof!” Chen was unable to even finish his own sentence, considering the Bun literally threw himself towards the other, letting the Bun’s umbrella drop on the ground. ‘T-This can’t be...X-Xiumin.’ He choked up a bit, feeling the Bun starting to choke up against the crook of his neck. Slowly, yet in a shaky manner, Chen tried his best to wrap his arms around the other. When he was able to do so, Chen hugged him tightly. Xiumin was warm. “Xiu…,” He let out a shaky breath. “X-Xiumin.”

Xiumin pulled back, wiping his eyes and nose, before punching Chen on the chest. Hard.

“Okay, ow!?” Chen released the Bun, and started to rub his own chest with his right hand. “The hell was that for?!”

“That was for not contacting me!” He punched him on the left arm. “This was for leaving me!” He punched him not once but four more times on the right arm. “That was for the years of loneliness I had to face every single day for five fuc --”

“Shh!” Chen covered Xiumin’s mouth; he looked both left and right at the people around them, giving weirded out looks. “Xiumin, there are people around!”

The Bun muffled a response, trying his best to be angry, but once he blinked, tears fell from his eyes. Chen tighten his lips. Xiumin was just filled with emotion right now to even say or act the right way. Instead, Chen pulled him into a hug, letting his chin rest on top of the other’s head. He felt Xiumin crying against him. It started to feel very familiar. Chen hushed him, rubbing circles on his back.

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

Chen looked back on the stage; the ending words of the most favored song in all of Korea. He felt Xiumin shift in his arms, looking up at him, eyes now red from the tears.

“I love you, Chen...please don’t leave anymore...”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

After the show, Xiumin and Chen found Tao and the rest; they were much surprised to see Chen here, but what shocked Chanyeol more was how tall he was.

“Why...are you so tall,” Chanyeol took a good look at his friend, up and down. “How in the world -- he is as tall as us!” He turned towards Kris, who in return gave an unsure answer. He was very much surprised as he was. Five years did him good though. Chen was tall, very mature looking, especially with his glasses on, and his hair was styled back, just like their high school years.

“You look good though.” Kris nodded towards him. “Erm, how are you -- what are you doing back in Korea? If you don’t mind me asking?”

Xiumin started to act like a little child; he scooted closer, and held onto Chen’s arm, as if he didn’t want him to leave at all anymore. He nuzzled against his arm, not wanting his friends to even see his flushed face.

“Um,” Chen cleared his throat. “I after university, I got a job in China,” he felt Xiumin clench his arm a bit. “But quickly quit...a-and I returned back to Korea...to stay here permanently...my parents are still China, but they let me go and reside here...that was a month ago.” He nodded his head weakly.

“Well,” Baekhyun cleared his throat. “Welcome home.”

A small smile formed on his lips. “Thank you.”

“Glad that you were able to see the WonderGirls though.” Tao beamed, changing the subject a bit.

“Sadly, I was only able to hear the last song...I didn’t hear about it until a few hours ago. But I’m sure that they did very well.”

“They did.” Kris nodded. “It was great.”

“Where is Sohee by the way? And the girls?”

“Changing I bet and heading back to the dorms.” Chanyeol replied. “Sohee told Xiumin that she and the girls have promotions this week, so lots of commercials and photoshoots.”

“Wow, so busy.”

“Life of an idol.” Baekhyun nodded his head. He glanced at Xiumin, seeing how clingy he was being with the other. ‘Maybe it would be a good time to leave them alone...catch up and stuff…’ He turned towards Chanyeol, wrapping his arm around his. “Well, we have reservations to get to.”

“We do -- oof!” Chanyeol clicked his tongue, and rubbed his stomach that Baekhyun decided to hit. “We do...I-I just remembered.”

“Nice seeing you, Chen.” Baekhyun gave a warm smile. “It was really...nice seeing you. Let’s get together sometime...okay?”

“A get together?”

“Just like old times.”

‘T-They don’t --’ “You guys don’t hate me?” Chen looked at each of them, none giving an angry expression or disgust of what he did in the past.

“Chen…” Kris hummed to try and find the right words. “I don’t know if saying: ‘what has happened...happened’, would be the right choice of words, but it did...and a price was paid. This is you now...and I know that you have changed. Seeing Xiumin sad...depressed day after day, week after week...it was hard...especially when all of us had to go our separate ways, Xiumin was always in the back of my mind, wondering if he was okay for that day, or something along those lines.” He sighed. “Xiumin,” he gestured towards him. “May not look like he is happy right now because of all the tears and such, but he is really happy that you are back...we now know, he is going to be happy...so, no we don’t hate you...and we can start all over if you want.” He extended out his hand towards Chen. He chuckled. “I forgot how we ended up becoming friends --”

“It was because of me!” Tao said with a smile on his face.

“Okay, because of Tao, but, anyway…” he cleared his throat. “My name is Kris Wu...this is Tao, my boyfriend, and this is my step-brother, Chanyeol,” he gestured towards Chanyeol. “And this is his boyfriend, Baekhyun.”

Chen blinked a couple of times before letting out a small smile. “I’m Chen -- erm, Kim Jongdae...Chen is my nickname in China actually…”

Kris smiled. “Nice meeting you...like what Baekhyun said...lets meet up like old times, but for now, we have prior plans to attend to.”

With that, the four of them smiled at Chen, and proceeded to leave, leaving Xiumin and Chen by themselves. Chen felt a wave of happiness fill him. He was glad that his former friends, were now his friends again. He glanced down, seeing that Xiumin was staring right back at him.

“Xiumin was always in the back of my mind, wondering if he was okay for that day, or something along those lines.”

Kris’ words echoed in his mind. Xiumin was depressed, miserable, and even low in spirit when he left. He just hoped that Xiumin didn’t, in anyway, harmed himself. With that thought in mind, he started to worry. “Xiumin...you didn’t hurt yourself right -- I-I mean --”

“No...I didn’t…” He said softly. “Instead, I would...as lame as it sounds, but it is true...I would cry myself to sleep.”

“Oh...Xiumin,” Chen sighed, feeling horrible. “Xiumin, you know what I did was the right thing, right?”

It took awhile, but the Bun shook his head. “No...I personally didn’t think it was the right thing…” He tugged on Chen’s arm. “C-Can we just please leave it alone...you’re here and is all that matters for me.” He nuzzled his head against the other’s arm. “I wanna catch up with you...5 years...5 long years and now you are here in front of me…”

Chen slowly nodded. “Okay.”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin opened the door to his house, and Chen quickly followed with plastic bags in his hands. The two decided to just hang out in Xiumin’s house, cook some dinner for themselves, and just talk.

“Sohee doesn’t live here anymore huh?”

“Yeah...she has to live in the dorms with the others.” Xiumin nodded, as he took his shoes off. “It was hard...living by myself...the only time Sohee would come over was for holidays…but now that she is engaged -- “

“Whoa, engaged?” Chen was deeply shocked. “To...to Jiyong?”

“How did you even know?”

“Ah, so it is true? Jiyong was a guess,but that is nice for them.” Chen hummed as he brought the plastic bags in the kitchen, with Xiumin at tow. “I heard about it on tabloids in China...but I thought it was just some fake story.”

“The WonderGirls are popular in China?”

“Yeah,” he nodded. “I tried many times to see your sister in concert, but tickets would always sell out...so I would have to watch it on the tv…did you know that they air it as long as you pay for the live show?” he chuckled. “Everytime they came, I would always watch them.” he glanced at Xiumin, giving a warm smile.

It warmed Xiumin’s heart, that he had to avert his eyes from the other. “She will be glad to know that you watched.”

“Hm...shall we start cooking?” Chen asked as he took off his jacket.

The two started to put on their aprons, and started to cook some dinner for themselves. Xiumin was surprised to know that Chen was able to cook fairly well for himself. He remembered before that Chen would just aid him, but now, it was Xiumin aiding him. ‘Since when has Chen grown up...literally and figuratively’ Chen pushed up his glasses, as he started to place the vegetables in one bowl. “S-Since when did you start wearing glasses?” Xiumin asked nervously.

“Hm? Oh...I guess...mid-freshman year of university.” He sighed. “I just needed them.” He checked the rice cooker, making sure that it was on and set at the appropriate time. “And if you are wondering about my height,” he started, leaning back against the counter, crossing his arms in the process. “I have no answer for that,” he chuckled. “I just grew.”

“Y-Yeah, you are taller than me…” Xiumin nodded. “You look good too…”

Chen smiled. “You too.” He said, pushing himself off the counter. “You still look the same...c-cute as ever.” He said with a blush on his face.

It was silent between them; the two continued to cook and prepare for dinner. As Xiumin placed the plates on the table, a blush formed on his face. It started to feel as if they were a real couple again. He looked over his shoulder, at the now changed Chen, placing their food on their plates. Xiumin started to wonder, would they be able to be a couple like before?

Chen brought the food towards the table, and started to undo the apron he had on. “Shall we?”

“Um, hm,” he nodded. “Yeah.”

The two sat down, and started to eat. They started to warm up, starting to talk just like old times. Xiumin smiled for once, and it was genuine. He wanted to stay like this, forever if possible. As Chen continued to talk, Xiumin’s mind wandered. Even though he didn’t tell Chen that he was happy to be with him all the time like a couple would, or show equal affection like he should have,but deep down, Chen was probably the most kind, a sweetheart, and a gentleman towards him. Xiumin’s heart would warm up whenever Chen was near; when he was gone, Xiumin couldn’t feel anything, but coldness. Now that Chen was physically here in front of him, he couldn’t help, but feel happy.

“Chen.” he said, interrupting the other talking.

“Hm? What is it?”

“I-I’m sorry, but...I know that this is personal and all, but are you with anyone?”

“W-with anyone? O-oh, like a significant other?” he shook his head as he blushed. “N-no, I don’t have one.”

A wave of relief waved over Xiumin. “Thank god.” He whispered to himself, yet loud enough for the other to hear. Chen chuckled at the other’s cuteness.

“What about you?”

“U-Uh --”

“Did...you, well, did you have...hm.” it was hard for Chen to even say ‘significant other’. He was scared of the answer. As if Xiumin knew, he shook his head. “Hu-huh? You didn’t?”

“No, why would I? I...I only love one person...and you know who it is -- and if you say ‘who’ I swear, I am going to punch you again on the arm.” He said, holding up his fist. Chen laughed, causing Xiumin smile.

“Yah, that hurt ya know…” Chen rubbed his arms. “You punch hard...but anyway, really Xiumin...you haven’t been with anyone for 5 years?”

“Hm,” he shook his head. “How can I when I love you…”

It became silent for a minute; Chen lowered his head, thinking of the right words to say. Xiumin hasn’t been with anyone for 5 years, because he still loved him, even after what he did to him those years ago. “You still...love me...even after what I did?”

“Better that it be you, than someone else.”

“Xiumin, no...I don’t even know if you understand, what I did was wrong...how can you still want to be with someone like me...how do you know that I won’t hurt you or force you to do something again...aren’t you scared?”

“No, I’m not because I know that you won’t do that to me.” Xiumin felt his cheeks turn a pink. “I know you won’t hurt me again...I know you won’t do any of that.”

“B-but --”

“Are you?”

“H-huh?”

“Are you going to hurt me again?” Xiumin stared at him straight in the eye. “Well? Are you?”

“No, Xiumin, I’m not --”

“Then...then what is the problem?”

“The problem here is that...t-that,” he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. “I don’t know how to respond...Xiumin, I just don’t. It feels like it is fresh in my mind. I hate that part of myself. If I could turn back time, I would...because seeing your crying face...broke me. I made a promise to myself that I would always protect you from the Five...instead, I slowly became one without even knowing. I turned from...the freak I was into a much...I guess cooler person. I just didn’t realize it until I started to turn into one of them.” He rested his elbows in the table, holding his hands together and letting his chin rest on top of them. “I broke my own vow.” He sighed. “I wanted so much to be your knight, and instead, my own desires...my own worry took over.”

“Then...you don’t ever...want to be with me.” Xiumin asked, lowering his eyes at the table in front of him. His heart started to beat rapidly. “You are telling me, that you don’t ever want to be with me.”

“I --”

“You don’t love me?”

“Xiumin, I didn’t say that --”

“Chen, I love you so much. What happened in the past, happened in the past. This,” he gestured to himself and to the other. “Is happening now. This is the present, and there is a future ahead of us. I want you in my life, I really do, because without you, especially those 5 years, was hell. I’m going to be honest. When you said that you didn’t have anyone, I was happy. I hoped that maybe you and I could get back together, but hearing you not even wanting to get back, then…” Xiumin exhaled in a shaky manner. “T-then, I don’t even know what to make of it -- this is the present, Chen...you have to forget and move on. What else are you going to do about it. You didn’t hurt me...sure, yes, I was shocked, and angry at what you did...it took me awhile to move passed it.” Chen bit his lip. It was true that he couldn’t undo the past; he could only form his future. He glanced back at Xiumin, his eyes glassy.

Chen leaned back in his seat. He didn’t say anything, but stood up from his seat, and grabbed his coat. It shocked Xiumin, no doubt; he froze in his seat, his body not even budging to stop the other. He flinched when he heard the front door closed.

He broke into tears.

‘He...h-he doesn’t want to be with me anymore.’ He started to breath abnormally, tears running down fast down his cheeks. ‘This hurts so much!’ C-Chen, I don't understand you...' Xiumin slowly stood up from his seat, and started to slowly make his way over to his room. The dishes could wait.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

The next morning, Xiumin slowly opened his eyes, feeling a pang hit his head. ‘Ugh,’ He rested his hand against his forehead. All the tears were just too much. He sighed, remembering the events that happened last night; he bit his lip trying hard not to cry.

The older Bun had the urge to call his sister, but had the feeling that she won’t be able to answer considering that she will be busy this week. He tried to breath through his nose, but the mucus inside prevented him from breathing normally. ‘Un, I need a tissue...’ He turned away from the wall of his room to his other side, only to be shocked.

In front of him where many vases filled with each a bouquet of roses.

“What...the hell…” Xiumin whispered to himself. He carefully placed his foot on his floors, careful to not knock over any vases. He made his way over to his door, and started to head for his stairs. As he made the his way to the first step of his stairs, at the bottom stood Chen, dressed in nice attire, as he was ready to take someone. A black double-ed hooded coat with red slim jeans, and white high tops; hair styled just like yesterday, and his glasses laid perfectly on his face. His eyes glancing at the rose that he was twirling it in his hands. Xiumin was confused. “C-Chen?”

The said man, looked up, pushing his glasses in the process. “X-Xiumin, good morning!”

“W-what, how in the world --”

“You left your door unlocked.” Chen gestured with his thumb. “You really have to lock your doors before going to bed.”

“Don’t change the subject!” Xiumin started to descend the steps. “Just what -- did you put those flowers in my room?!”

“Hm,” he nodded. “I did.”

“Wha -- I am so confused right now…just what --”

“I’m going to win you over again.”

Xiumin raised his eyebrow. “What?”

“I want to start over, start fresh. You are right...what happened was in the past, and it is something I cannot undo...that was the old me...and this is me now.” He gestured himself. “S-so, I’m going to win you all over...with the new me.”

“I --”

“Here,” Chen handed him a rose. “To me...I feel that I have to prove myself. I will try and be the knight I tried to make myself to be. I-I just hope that we --”

The Bun couldn’t even let him finish. Instead, he pulled him for a kiss. A passionate one.

As he pulled back, he cupped the other’s cheeks. He chuckled a bit, finding it funny how Chen was at a daze. Chen quickly snapped back into reality. He blushed and started to stumble in his words. The Bun chuckled. “So, you listened to me…”

“H-huh?”

“You listened to me...you are willing to move forward with your life...I-I’m just happy.” Xiumin wiped his eyes. "You already won me over by moving on."

“I thought about it...and I know you are right. I was just so caught up with the past, that I really didn’t want to hurt you anymore...that is what really stopped me from moving forward.” Chen took hold of Xiumin’s hands, and kissed them. “In all honestly, I was really worried that you moved on with someone...I tried to put the idea that you will be better off with someone that will treat you better. Hm...I was happy that you weren’t and so...will do my best to be a better boyfriend than before.”

Xiumin gave a warm smile. “New year is coming up...this can be a new start for both of us then.”

Chen nodded. “Yeah...I think so too.”

A hum of happiness came from the Bun that he kissed Chen once again.

In the midst of their newly, reborn, couple moment, the door bursted open, and both immediately jumped.

“Whoa, and I didn’t think that would work!” Chanyeol laughed as he waved hello to the two. “Good morning!”

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun slapped the back of Chanyeol’s head. “Don’t do that! You are going to break Xiumin’s door!”

“Hm, sorry! Though, you should really lock your door…” Chanyeol shook his head from the snow and it started to fall on his floors.

Kris groaned, rubbing his temple with his index and middle fingers. “I am sorry...Xiumin, for my idiotic brother...bursting through your door like that.”

“Oh, Chen, you are here too!” Tao beamed. “Good, we can have a nice breakfast together.”

Xiumin narrowed his eyes at his friends. “I didn’t even invite you guys…”

“Oh,” Chanyeol pulled back Kris and Baekhyun, and gestured for Tao to follow. The four of them were now standing outside in the snow. “Can we come to your house and have a nice breakfast together?”

Xiumin pinched the bridge of his nose. “Yes, come in…”

“Sweet!” Chanyeol pushed them inside, closing the door behind him. “We brought some food,” He pointed at the bag that Tao had in his hand. “So we can all cook together and have a nice little get together.”

“Just like the good times.” Baekhyun added in. “Right?”

Xiumin gave a small smile. “Yeah -- oh, wait, I didn’t even wash the dishes yet!”

“Don’t worry about. I took care of it.” Chen said, nodding his head. “I did them while you were asleep.”

“You did? O-oh, erm, thank you.”

“Now, go upstairs and shower or whatever. Change.” Baekhyun pushed him upstairs. “So, you can look good for you know who!” He whispered the last part.

“Wha --”

Baekhyun smiled. “We will see you when you get back down.” With that, Baekhyun gently pushed Xiumin to get up stairs. The five of them started to head towards his kitchen. Xiumin didn’t hesitate, and started to head up stairs.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin went back down, all fresh and clean; he made his way to the kitchen, seeing how everyone was helping one another with breakfast. He looked to his left, seeing Kris and Tao making some Rilakkuma shaped pancakes, to his right he saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun washing fresh fruits. He smiled; his house felt warm.

“Oh, Xiumin,” the said person turned around, seeing Chen behind him; he patted his back. “You okay?”

“Hm,” he nodded. “I feel...really...really happy. Even though my sister isn’t here right now -- I know she is busy with work...but I am happy.”

Chen smiled. “I’m glad.”

“Um,” Xiumin tugged on the hem of Chen’s sleeved jacket. “U-uh --”

“Hm?”

In the past, Xiumin wasn’t able to say 3 simple, yet meaningful words towards the person that loved him. He was scared, and had a guard up. He pushed away his suitors, disliking the fact that they showered him with gifts. Instead, he wanted just someone to know him for him, and Chen was there to see him for him, yet still loved him regardless.

Xiumin hummed.

He decided that this time, he would be the one saying I love you, more times than Chen did back then. This time, he knew that Chen is the one for him.

Xiumin smiled.

“I love you.”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Le End.

that ending though.....huuukkkk. it was okay lol

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing to 'Saying I Love You' (:

Much love, coffeemilk~

SOURCE(S):

1) ‘Saying I Love You’ translation: [x] But i followed this translation more: [x]