The Bun and Scorpion weep, while One tries to save them

saying i love you

[ s w e a r i n g   c o m i n g   u p  ]

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Chen was currently sitting at his desk, letting his head rest on his hands. ‘What am I going to do...’ He let out a shaky breath. ‘How am I going to tell Xiumin...I want to text him so badly, but...I’m sure he doesn’t even want to speak with me at all.’ “Or even see my face.” As Chen blinked, tears started to fall from his eyes. It had to be the 14th time he cried today, and he swore that his eyes are going to be permanently red.

He took out his cellphone from his pocket, unlocking it; he went through his contacts and went straight for Xiumin’s number. As he pressed on it, immediately, he saw the picture that he took of Xiumin. It was a secret picture that not even Xiumin knows about. It was risky for him to even take a photo of the Bun without him even knowing, but Chen couldn’t help it. The more he continued to stare at his photo, memories of Xiumin weeping face came back to him. The screams of telling him to stop, the screams for calling for help made its way back to his mind. He let out a shaky exhale. ‘God, I messed up...I don’t even know how I can make this better...I can’t even g-get close to Xiumin with everyone guarding him, and Sohee won’t even let me speak.’ He placed his cellphone down, wiping his eyes harshly. ‘Stupid Joon...no...stupid me for even having his stupid words in my head.’ He lowering his head against his desk.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin stared at his desk, his books, notebooks, and note cards all spread out in front of him. He had to prepare himself for his final exams, but the only problem was that he had no concentration at all to even get a head start in studying.

His mind just wouldn’t let him focus at all.

‘So much for studying...’ He closed his textbook, and tossed it on the floor carelessly. He started to rub his eyes, now feeling extremely exhausted when really, he didn’t do much today. Everything was just fazed for him.

He slowly got up and started heading towards his bed; he flopped on top, letting his head rest on his left cheek. ‘I guess I’ll just study tomorrow...’ With a big sigh, he closed his eyes. ‘If I don’t get Chen out of my head...this is going to be a great effect on my on my exams...’ He opened his eyes, staring at nothing, but his walls. ‘The sooner I graduate...the sooner I can leave this place...and not have to deal...d-deal with Chen...a-anymore.’ He tightened his lips, before burying his face against his pillows. ‘I-I can do this.’

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

The Four friends sat in Tao’s modernized, den at his house; there beside Tao was an angry Baekhyun, arms crossed and eyes piercing right at a scared Chanyeol, who was sitting right across from him. Across from Tao sat a nervous, yet still postured Kris. Just then, Tao’s parents came in with some snacks, yet feeling the tense atmosphere.

“Well, erm,” Mr. Huang cleared his throat. “Snacks are here...um, if you need us, we will be upstairs in the living room.”

“Oh, uh, s-sorry that we are intruding though!” Chanyeol said, standing up and bowing at his friend’s parents. “We...um, it is our fault...we didn’t know that Tao’s cousin will be here.”

“It’s okay.” Mrs. Huang said, gesturing for the other to sit down. “Sungkyu --”

“Yo, Tao, can I play this.” On cue, Tao’s older, Chinese-Korean cousin, Sungkyu came down holding onto an action game in his hand. Tao looked over and nodded. “Ah thanks -- oh, guests?”

“They are your cousin’s boyfriends -- erm, I mean, he is the boyfriend,” He gestured towards Kris. “His name is Kris, and he is his step-brother, Chanyeol. And you know Baekhyun...Chanyeol’s --”

“Oh, yeah, cute guy!” He beamed, giving a small wink towards Baekhyun. “I remember him well.”

“Yah, yah!! Chanyeol made a ‘X’ sign with his arms. “He is taken!!”

“Hu? By who?”

“Me!!” Chanyeol slammed his own hands against his own chest, a bit too hard, causing him to wince at the pain.

“Yah, Sungkyu, leave.” Tao made a face towards his parents to take his cousin out of the den.

“Well, okay, lets go Sungkyu,” Mrs. Huang chuckled. “We will be upstairs.” With that the three left, leaving the four friends to themselves. Before Tao could even say anything, Chanyeol burst before he could.

“Yah!” He pointed at Baekhyun. “The hell was that!?”

“Huh? The hell are you talking about?!” He yelled back.

“What did he mean ‘I remember him well’?! Since when are you buddy-buddy with Tao’s older,” Stressing out the word ‘older’. “Cousin?!”

“I just met him today you ! I didn’t even know he was going to be here!”

“You! How -- Why --”

“God Chanyeol, when I went home with Tao, I was in Tao’s room, doing homework with him, when Sungkyu came in to surprise Tao. We got to talking and that it...jeez.”

“Oh my god,” Chanyeol quickly turned towards his step-brother in a panic manner. “Baekhyun is going to go out with him!!” Kris pinched the bridge of his nose, while Chanyeol was still in panic mode. Baekhyun sat there, resting his elbow on the couch rest, staring right at the taller.

“I might as well.” He mumbled.

“What?!” Chanyeol started to freak out. “B-but --”

“Okay, enough.” Kris pulled Chanyeol back by the back of his shirt. “We will worry about that later.”

“You think that this isn’t worth worrying for?!”

The older gave him a look of ‘shut it’, considering that they had more important things to deal with. Like getting their boyfriends on their good side, and hopefully forgive them for being idiotic. “Look, Tao,” He turned towards the Panda, sitting there with no emotion of anger on his face. He looked very much poised. “We...okay, yes, we were stupid to do that, considering Chen’s situation with the others. I-I guess we just didn’t think about it.”

“Ya think?” Baekhyun said.

“Erm...well,” The two didn’t have any comeback for that. It was true, they messed up, and possibly ruined their friend’s relationship with Xiumin. They did really add more fuel to the fire that was already created by Joon. “We are sorry.” Kris said softly.

Tao sighed. “Sorry isn’t going to bring Chen back to Xiumin...plus, we are still mad at you.”

“I’m extremely furious!” Baekhyun said, not turning his body away from Chanyeol. “I still find it embarrassing that you, Chanyeol, would say that to Chen!” His cheeks then started to burn. “So embarrassing.”

“Baekhyun, okay, I’m truly sorry for saying that to him. I just didn’t think that it would really matter. We are all guys, so…” He sighed. “I guess I didn’t think much of it. I-I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun slightly puffed his cheeks, yet still didn’t turn around to look at the taller. It was quiet for a minute, until Tao spoke out. “Well, what was done, is done. Though, I’m still disappointed in you.” He said towards Kris. “But ’m willing to drop this --”

“Drop it? Baekhyun looked over his shoulder, towards Tao. “How can you drop something like that? It was a private matter --”

“Yeah, it was...but, it is better than shouting it out to everyone at school, right? It was Chen...and I’m sure Chen wouldn’t spread that out. But right now...I want to help Xiumin. So, lets just please drop it.”

“But you are still angry.” Kris pointed out.

“No I’m not.”

“Tao --”

“Okay, whatever, it happened.” He said raising his voice; he glanced up, facing his boyfriend. “Just...just don’t do that again, okay. First off, what you told to Chen, was a private thing. I would be embarrassed too if Chen decided to tell everyone...I don’t want people to know what we do.”

“But don’t you and Baekhyun do that too? Don’t you and Baekhyun...like, talk among each other about...stuff, um, like that?” Kris asked, in which Tao shook his head.

“No. I don’t tell Baekhyun, and Baekhyun doesn’t talk about it either. Why? Because it --”

“Is private!!” Baekhyun huffed, arms still crossed.

“Erm, well, yes, private.” Tao cleared his throat. “Bottom line is...it is private...okay? And second...what I don’t understand why, especially you...my own, smart of a boyfriend, would do something like that, knowing well enough that Chen and Joon are butting heads about Xiumin.”

“I…” Kris sighed. “I was careless.” He started to wipe his own eyes, feeling quite guilty that he was part of the mess that happened. “Now I’m blaming myself for this...we could have prevented his Chanyeol.” He said towards his step-brother. “We basically ruined Chen and Xiumin’s relationship.

Chanyeol lowered his head. “What are we going to do...Sohee told us not to let Chen go near Xiumin. We have to respect her wishes…and now...we know what Chen is capable of. ”

The Four sat there, at a loss on what to do. Baekhyun slowly blinked, before turning his body, facing forward towards his boyfriend. “I know that this sounds...horrible, I mean, we should be the ones to help Chen and fix this...but it is their relationship...I mean, should we let them figure it out?”

“But how?” Chanyeol said, not even looking up.”Chen doing something like that towards Xiumin, for sure Chen would be scared to even approach Xiumin, and Xiumin would just go the other way if he sees him walking in the hallway to avoiding him. And Sohee...you know that she doesn’t want him near her brother. She doesn’t want him to get hurt anymore.”

“Pretty much...this is...hopeless.” Tao whispered. ‘W-what are we going to do?’

“Don’t say ‘hopeless’.” Kris said.

“Well, what do you think we should do? Hm?” Chanyeol said. “Sohee said don’t let Chen near her brother...Xiumin won’t go near Chen...and Chen…--”

“Well, Chen was at Sohee’s school remember? He was trying to speak to her.” Kris hummed, tightening his lips. “But...Sohee was so angry, that whatever he was trying to say, he couldn’t. And I told him to not go near Xiumin or Sohee.” Kris lowered his head, roughing up his hair a bit in frustration. ‘I messed up big time, again.’

“So, you basically told Chen to not go near them ever. Great job.” Baekhyun said sarcastically. Kris couldn’t blame him.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Once again, Xiumin missed the second half of school, and headed back to the promenade where he was last time. This time, he waited for Rome to come to work. He knew that it was slightly wrong for him to be doing this at a time like this, but he wasn’t just focused at all in his review classes. He didn’t want to tell his friends; he knew what they were going to say. His new-considered friend, Rome, seemed to be more comfortable to be with now.

He glanced up, seeing Rome coming in for work. Xiumin stood up, and started to make his way over to the other. “Rome!”

The said person looked over his shoulder, shocked to see the other. “Xiumin? But I thought you left for home? I mean I saw you leaving and all.”

“I know,” The Bun nodded. “I, um, I just can't be in school right now…”

“But Xiumin...exams are coming up and you need to be in those review classes.”

“I know.” Xiumin said, slightly puffed his cheeks.

“Why are you here?” Rome asked as he opened the door for the Bun to the shop, as well as being greeted by Rome's parents. “Oh mom, dad, this is my friend from school.” He gestured towards Xiumin, who bowed towards them.

‘Friend...can I really call Rome a friend now?’ Xiumin thought. Through the last three years of his life, Rome was the one that chased him, telling him that he loved him, and among other things, and now Rome was calling him a friend.

“Welcome.” Mr. Yoo nodded his head. “Please have a seat.”

“Thank you. Erm, I promise I won’t bother your son while he is working.”

“No, no. It’s fine. Please, just relax.” Mr. Yoo beamed.

“You can put your bag in the back if you want. I mean I dunno if you want to do that, but you can.” Rome said pointing to the back, in which Xiumin nodded. As the two walked, Rome continued with the conversation. “So, anyway, I mean, I’m just curious. You being here.”

Xiumin tighten his lips before he responded. “Everytime I go to school, I feel okay in the morning, but throughout the day...I feel like . I mean, I see...Chen at school, and so…” Xiumin stopped in mid-sentence. Chen was still in his mind. Rome could tell, that Xiumin really does care for Chen if he was still in his mind despite on what he has done.

“You really love him huh?” Rome said, placing his backpack on top of the table that was in the back.

The Bun hesitated. "N-no.”

‘That is a lie.’ “I don’t know what to say that.” Rome said as he grabbed his apron that was hanging on the wall. Xiumin opened his backpack and grabbed his notebooks and books to bring to the front. Rome gave him a seat. “Do you want anything to drink? Or a snack?”

“I’m good. Thanks.”

With a nod from Rome, he went to another table to get their order. Xiumin opened his books, and started to get a headstart in his studying. Not even 30 seconds, he looked up from his book, and started to tap his cheek with his pen.

After an hour, Rome came by his table and placed a warm cup of chocolate chai tea latte right beside him. Xiumin looked up. “I didn’t get this.”

“I know. I just thought that you would be thirsty. How’s the studying comin’ along?”

Xiumin glanced down, seeing that only within an hour, he took little notes and was on fourth page of his book. “Good I guess.”

“Keep studying.”

“Why do you even care?” Xiumin asked, resting his elbow on the table, and letting his chin rest on his hand. “I’m just curious because you are really --”

“Well, I would say something else, but I know for you won’t like it.”

“And what is that?” He asked, challenging him.

Rome sighed. “To admit that you do like -- love, Chen. And please talk to him, and sort your relationship out.”

“Wha --”

“I know you like him Xiumin. I know you do.”

“You don’t know what happened!” Xiumin stood up, slamming his hands on the table. “How the hell can you tell me to make nice with him? Hm?! You don’t...he…” Xiumin could feel his throat becoming dry. He looked over to the side seeing the customers looking at him with worry that he might do something. The children with their mothers and fathers, widen their little eyes towards him. Xiumin apologized.

Rome gentle grabbed Xiumin by the hem of his sleeve, and started to pull him to the back. Before Rome could even say anything, Xiumin harshly tugged his sleeve back. “Xiumin, I know you are sad. I know you are --”

The Bun started to chuckle; he shook his head. “No you don’t. You don’t know what happened. You weren't there. You have no idea what made me hate Chen so much.” He bit his lip as he sat down on the chair right behind him.

“Xiumin --”

“He did try to force himself on me, okay? Is that what you wanted to know?” Rome’s face went blank. “But before anything could happen, my sister’s friend started pulled him away from me and started to beat the out of him.” Rome bit his lip. “That is why I hate him. I-I can’t believe Chen would do that to me...I couldn’t believe a guy that is sweet as he is would lay a finger on me.” A shaky exhale was released from his lips. He let out a weak laugh. “Who would have thought huh? You know, I would have never hear myself to say this, but…Joon was right.”

“What?!” Rome was angry. “What did you just --”

“You guys...by that I mean like you, Luhan...Zico, Kyumin, and Joon...you guys love me right? Maybe you guys are perfect for --”

“No,” He shook his head as he let his voice get angry. “No, no, Chen...Chen is the right one for you!”

“You guys wouldn’t lay a finger on me huh? Like what Chen did? Force yourselves on me?”

Rome shook his head. “No, Chen is perfect for you. Us, we are just a bunch of sad guys who...w-who cannot get over the fact that the guy that we like went for someone else. That just shows how pathetic we are, Xiumin. We --”

“Kiss me.”

“ --What?! No, I will not!”

Xiumin started to cry. “I know you still like me. I don’t like Chen anymore.” He let out a weak smile. “You still love me. I know you wouldn’t hurt me like what he did. I want to forget Chen, because what he did was wrong --”

“What you are doing is wrong! You are turning back Chen!” Rome picked up Xiumin from the chair, now on his feet. Rome started to point at Xiumin’s heart. “That heart still loves Chen, and I know it! How dare you do that, Xiumin! Chen is not the one who should be punished!! Joon...Joon is a horrible man...can’t you see, Joon was the one that planted that seed in his mind. Joon should be the one that should be punished. We don’t,” Rome blinked before saying the next words. “We don’t deserve you. We never made you happy at all...but Chen did. I know he did.”

Xiumin covered his eyes with his hands, shaking his head. ‘Why won’t you take the opportunity to have me...I can be yours and yet you don’t want me.’

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Rome walked Xiumin back to his house, not really minding what he had to do. He just wanted to make sure that Xiumin would get home safe. As Xiumin was about to open the door, Sohee opened it first.

“Xiumin!” She leaned over and hugged her brother tightly. “Where were you again?! Tao texted me, and I was worried! Did you get it in your phone?”

“Phone is off.” He mumbled, before heading inside, not even saying goodbye to Rome. Sohee turned her head over to Rome, giving a questioning look towards him.

“Wait...are you --”

“Erm, Rome -- uh, Yoo Barom...friend of Xiumin.” He nodded as he extended his hand out, in which they shook hands.

“Sohee...Xiumin’s younger sister.” She said, still putting a guard up.

“Wow, you two...look so much alike. Twins.”

“We get that a lot.”

“Hm.” Rome nodded. “I’m sorry for even saying this, but...Chen --”

“You know Chen?”

“W-well, not personally, but I would like to now, considering how nice he --”

Sohee scoffed; she leaned onto her left foot, crossing her arms, and giving Rome an expression of ‘puh-lease’. “Nice? Nice?!” She said a bit louder; she closed the door behind her, not wanting Xiumin to hear her angry. “Chen...that son of a who forced himself on my brother in broad daylight, in our house...is nice.” Rome felt a lump in his throat. “Nice guy, right?”

“I-I just think --”

“You know nothing, okay. I’m starting to believe that Chen was just playing nice towards my brother. Now that are exams are coming up, my brother hasn’t been studying early like he used to. His mind is being occupied and I won’t have it.”

“Are you his mother or sister?”

Sohee raised her eyebrow. “Beg pardon?”

“You sound like his mother, rather than his sister. Look, Joon...this guy at school, he messed with Chen’s head. He is the one to blame, not Chen.”

Sohee bit her lip; she shook her head. “A man would have thought about the consequences...a man knows what common sense is. A man would know the difference between an assault and making love. Chen is merely a boy.” She stepped back and opened the door. “He doesn’t deserve Xiumin at all.” With that, she went inside. Before she closed the door, she stared right at Rome. “If Chen loves my brother so much, and knew Joon was doing this to him, Chen would have known what was right and wrong. He wouldn't have done what he did. He is a boy, only after one thing.” And she closed the door.

Rome his dry lips, before letting out a soft exhale. He slowly turned around and started walking back home. 'Chen...why did you listen to Joon...'

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Rome laid on his bed, wondering what he should do, despite that all of this is none of his concern. Yet, he felt as if he should do something. ‘Xiumin’s sister won’t let Chen near Xiumin...Xiumin wants to forget about Chen, even though it is a lie.’ He closed his eyes. ‘What are his friends thinking...do they still like Chen? Do they detest him?’ He opened his eyes. ‘For sure...I hate Joon.’ “Stupid Joon.” He whispered.

He continued to think. ‘I should talk to Chen about this.’

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Rome made sure, even forced himself to find him. ‘Chen...where are you?’ He started to scratch his head. He started to walk down the hallway, after hearing the 5 minute bell, only to be called by a familiar voice. He turned around, seeing the ever famous, self appointed leader, Joon, with his followers.

Rome started to walk towards them. The hallway was empty. “You.”

“Oh? That tone was very pointed.”

“You did...you hurt him!”

Joon raised his eyebrow, before nodded his head. “Ah, yes. The little couple. Seems like Chen got my message, or at least, got it across in his head.”

Rome felt anger inside of him; he harshly pushed Joon up against the lockers, letting his arm pressed against Joon’s throat. “You son of a , how can you do that?! Do you know what you have done to Xiumin and Chen’s relationship?!"

Joon’s eyes grew dark. He pushed him back with much force. “Thats perfect.”

“Perfect? How -- you are messed up in the ing head, Joon! Why would you do that? You know Xiumin was happy with Chen. Sure, he may not show affection that well, b-but he was happy. I know he was!”

“Since when are you a love guru? Hm? Beside, you should be happy!”

“I came to a consensus.” Rome said. “I do love Xiumin, but more of a friend. Xiumin does deserve Chen, because...because it brought Xiumin on a more happier side.”

“You aren’t making any sense Rome.” Luhan crossed his arms.

“Xiumin deserves a guy that acts like a respectful man. Chen was that, until you poisoned him with your words.” Rome narrowed his eyes. “You are merely a boy wanting something that you know you cannot have. Stop being selfish, stop being possessive, and let Xiumin have the happiness that he ing deserves, because we caused him enough annoyance already!!”

Luhan, Zico, and Kyumin were shocked at Rome’s words, unlike Joon who refused to back down. The next think both of them knew, Joon and Rome were fist fighting with each other.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Chanyeol whistled down the hallway, holding onto a folder of papers that his teacher told him to give to the office. He continued to walk until he heard rustling from the corner. Being curious, he checked it out, only to be shocked. However, Chanyeol never knew that what he was about to do would be coming from him.

“Hey, the hell are you doing?!”

He rushed over towards them, dropping the folder of papers. He saw Luhan, Zico, and Kyumin standing there, watching them, while Joon and Rome started to beat each other. Chanyeol grabbed Rome from the floor, and pushed Joon away from him; he placed himself between them. “What the hell?!”

Joon narrowed his eyes, before wiping his lips from the blood. “Screw you, Rome!”

“ you!” Rome gave the other the middle finger, while his free hand, wiped his nose.

The four of them then rushed out from the hallway, while Chanyeol stood there in shock at what happened. He looked over his shoulder at the between Rome. “Care to share?” Rome bit his lip as he glanced down. “Well, that was interesting.” Chanyeol glanced over, seeing the blood dripping from his nose; with a click of his tongue, he got out his handkerchief, and handed it towards Rome. “Here, wipe your nose.”

Rome did just that, letting out a soft 'thanks'. Chanyeol went over and picked up the folder, organizing it a bit. “That was still shocking, I have to be honest.”

Rome didn’t speak.

“Still not gunna tell me?” He stood up. “It isn’t everyday that you get to see the Five beating each other.”

“What Joon did was horrible...ruining the relationship of Xiumin and Chen.”

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow. ‘Of course.’

“I’m trying to make him realize that what he did was wrong, and it hurt Xiumin and Chen a lot.”

“Y-you don’t like Xiumin anymore?”

“I love him as a friend. Just like how you love Xiumin right? And Chen.” Chanyeol nodded. “Xiumin doesn’t want Chen anymore, but I know he still likes him.” He glanced up at the taller. “I need to find Chen and --”

“And what?”

“A-and...at least try and get them together.”

Chanyeol shook his head. “I know that is nice of you Rome, but Xiumin's sister...she said to me --”

“So, you are just going to let Sohee control it all. You know Xiumin and Chen are really made for each other.”

“I think it is just best to leave it alone. We never would have thought that Chen would, well I'm guessing you know already since we are talking about it...but we never would have thought that Chen would do that you know...Chen is a nice guy, but look at what he did.”

“But that was Joon’s doing.” Rome said.

“I know, but do you think you would forgive a person like that? Chen assaulted Xiumin, Rome. Joon just planted that little idea in his head, but Chen could have stopped it...this...this just doesn’t fly in anyone’s book.” He sighed. “You can keep that.” He pointed at the handkerchief. “I gotta go, so...yeah.” With that, Chanyeol left, leaving Rome to himself.

Rome stood there, feeling disappointed.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Rome sat in the library, eating a snack that he had in his hand. He wasn’t having a big appetite during lunch. He chewed slowly, before crumpling the wrapper and putting it in his bag. He looked up, and was surprised to see Chen walking in, grabbing a seat that was diagonally from him. In Rome’s perspective, Chen looked pale; he wasn’t his energetic self. It was as if he had no energy or life in him anymore.

He stood up and headed towards his table. As he sat down, Chen glanced up with the most tired eyes Rome has ever seen. “C-Chen?”

Chen squinted, which caused Rome to softly call out him. “What?”

“Chen, you look --”

“Horrible I know. I don’t need that to be restated. I get it from everyone here.” He glanced back down on the table. “What do you want, Rome?”

“Chen...y-you...you love Xiumin...right?”

He didn’t respond.

“Please, Chen, I need you to answer me.”

Twice; no response.

Rome bit his lip before he spoke. “I know you do. I know you love him.” Chen shook his head. “You don’t? That would be a lie.”

“And what would it matter to you?” Chen asked, in a rude manner. “Why would you even care? You should be happy, right?”

“I’m not happy...because Xiumin is sad.”

“Then you can have him.”

“But I won’t make him happy...like the way you did.” Rome folded his hands on his lap. “Even though Xiumin would put his guard up, whenever I would see him with you, I could feel that he was happy.”

Chen didn’t respond, nor looked directly at the other. Instead, his lip quivered. It was silent between then, but it didn’t bother Rome at all. He just hoped that Chen was thinking about a way to get Xiumin back, and apologize.

“Since when are you giving up Xiumin? I thought you loved him?” Chen asked in a hush tone, but enough for the other to hear.

“I love him as a friend. I know Xiumin still loves you...I rather see him happy than depressed.”

Chen let out a weak chuckle. “This is probably the last time I’ll see Xiumin though. So, there isn’t going to be an us anymore.” Rome raised his eyebrow, not quite understanding what the other was saying. Chen understood it; he let out a weak smile.

“I’m moving back to China after I graduate.”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Rome staggered his way to work; he felt as if all his energy was gone. He felt weak; he felt slightly depressed, even if it wasn’t him specifically. He glanced over to his right, seeing Xiumin sitting on a bench with his book. ‘He skipped again.’ “Xiumin.” He called out, causing the said teen to look up. Quickly, Xiumin placed his book in his bag, and rushed over towards him.

“You skipped again.”

Xiumin glanced down on the ground.

“And I thought you would be angry with me or something.”

Xiumin shook his head, still looking down on the ground. With none of them saying anything, Rome gestured to the shop. “Come on, I’ll get you something to eat and something to drink.”

As the two entered, they were greeted by Rome’s parents; just the routine the day before, Xiumin sat down on the table, with his books and notebooks. Rome’s mother, called over her son, asking what was wrong with the other. “He looked so distracted yesterday, and today he looks even more down.”

“I’m in the same boat as him.”

Xiumin pushed his books away from him and laid his head on the table. Mrs. Yoo placed her hand over her lips. “Poor boy.”

“Poor boy.” Rome repeated softly. “Poor boy.”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

After work, Rome walked Xiumin back to his house, just like yesterday. Silence killed him. “Xiumin, I need to tell you something.”

No response.

“C-Chen...Chen is going back to China.”

Xiumin eyes widen a bit, but kept walking.

“Did you hear me?”

No response.

“Xiumin,” He grabbed the hem of his sleeve. “Did you hear me? Chen is going back to China.”

“Good.”

“Good?!” Rome released his grip from the other. “Are you kidding me?”

“The faster he is away, the faster I can move on with me life.”

“You have to be kidding me! Xiumin he is moving! He isn’t coming back! He is going to be living in China for god knows how long! And you are telling me that it is ‘good’?! You love him!”

“I used too!” With that, Xiumin started to jog the rest of the way back to his house. Rome watched as Xiumin disappeared down the street.

‘This is...sad.’ He let out a frustrated sigh. “Poor boys.”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin let his eyes dry out before entering his house, not wanting Sohee to him with his redden eyes.

‘Chen is leaving? Back to China...w-why?’ His heart started to hurt. ‘S-Should I talk to him? Or was it just a lie for me to speak to C-Chen? B-but what if it is the --’

The door opened, scaring Xiumin a bit. “S-Sohee.” He placed his hand over his heart. “My god.”

“It must be a sibling thing.” She smiled. “Guess what, guess what, guess what!”

Xiumin hummed. “What is it Sohee.” He asked, as he entered their house.

“I got a letter!”

“From school?”

Sohee beamed. “Nope! It is one of the Big Three entertainment companies in all of Korea!”

“Um…”

“I got accepted to J.Y. Park Entertainment!”

Xiumin raised his eyebrow. “W-what? H-how did that even --”

“Sunye sent a recording of us singing ‘Saying I love you’ and ‘Like this’ to the company, for fun ya know, and they like us! They like all of us! And we are going to be trainees!”

“S-Sohee, t-thats...thats wonderful.” Sohee expression became bright; she hugged her brother tightly. “B-but school.”

“The CEO of the company said that he wanted us to finish high school, but during summer time and breaks, we train.”

Xiumin placed his hand on his sister’s cheek. “Thats...great, Sohee. I happy.” He said with a tone, that Sohee knows well. He wasn’t fine.

“Really?”

“I am. I-It’s just that I am exhausted right now. Things in my mind.”

“Oh.”

“I’ll change and we can eat dinner.” With that, Xiumin went to his room. As he reached up his room, he closed the door behind him. He leaned back, letting his back rest against the door. Xiumin was happy; he really was for his sister.

‘At least one of the Kim siblings is happy.’

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

“He talked to you?” Kris asked, opening his notebook, ready to get studying. He looked over his shoulder, seeing Chanyeol sitting at his bed, with a ‘thinking’ expression. “Chanyeol.”

“Huh?” He looked up at his step-brother. “What?”

“Rome...you said something about Rome at school today, but you didn’t really elaborate on it.”

“Oh...yeah...he...he started fighting with Joon.”

“He did?” Kris turned his chair, facing Chanyeol directly. “Why?”

“I just remember him saying that he was angry with Joon for ruining Xiumin and Chen’s relationship.” He shrugged. “He was angry, it surprised me.”

Both step-brothers said nothing; silence filled in Kris’ room.

“He is changing then.” Kris said, finally breaking the silence. “Rome is done with Xiumin?”

“That is what he told me. He loves him as a friend would. Man, you should have seen Joon, he was really bleeding.” Chanyeol let out a small laugh. “God, it was great, seeing Joon being hurt like that.”

“Chanyeol…”

“I know, I know, but you don’t see that everyday.” Chanyeol laid back on his step-brother’s bed, putting his hands behind his head. “Chen is a good fit for Xiumin...right?”

Kris hummed, as he grabbed his pen from his pen holder. “He...he was.” He uncapped the pen. “But since he did that. It certainly won’t fly with me.”

“Hm,” Chanyeol smiled. “That is what I said.”

A knock was made and causing Kris to look over his door. “Yeah?”

“Boys, you have visitors.” Their mother said.

“‘Kay, they can come in.” As the door opened, revealing Tao and Baekhyun. “T-Tao?”

“I’ll leave you four.” The step-brothers’ mother said as she closed the door behind her. By then Chanyeol sat up, blinking towards the two.

“W-what are you -- oof” Baekhyun cut off the other’s words but literally tackling him back to the bed, hugging him tightly. “U-uhm, Baekhyun?”

“He was getting slightly depressed.” Tao said, giving a weak smile. He knew his best friend; if Baekhyun was away from Chanyeol too long, slight ‘depression’ kicks in. “Sorry for intruding.” He said towards Kris, who shook his head.

“No, no. It’s fine.” He stood up, gesturing towards his seat. “Wanna sit down?” Tao shook his head.

“Thats okay. Thank you though.”

“Just waiting ‘till Baekhyun is better?”

“Pretty much.” Tao chuckled.

Baekhyun ignored the two, and clinged on the other tightly as he could. Chanyeol felt happy; he started to pat Baekhyun on the back.

“Hm, did you hear about Rome? Fighting with Joon?”

“Huh?” Both Baekhyun and Tao glanced at Kris’ comment. “No way.” Tao said. “For real?”

Kris nodded. “Chanyeol saw it, pulled Rome away from Joon. Bloody.”

“Slightly bloody.” Chanyeol corrected. “Slightly.”

“Rome doesn’t like Xiumin anymore?” Tao asked.

“I guess not.” Chanyeol replied. “He seems to be on our side this time. He wants Xiumin and Chen back together.”

“But how do we know that Chen won’t do that again?” Baekhyun asked, mumbling against the taller’s shirt.

“Good question.” Chanyeol said. “Good question.”

Kris glanced at his calendar that was in front of him. ‘5 weeks left of school...’


--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---


Mistakes? My bad.

almost done.

cameo(s):

**He isn't half Chinese-Korean, he is full Korean (atleast that is what the info told me) , so yeah, but doesn't he look like Tao? Just a little bit? lol He is my bias by the way in Say Yes(:

{FIC PROMOTE TIME}

my friend, maypsales wrote a TaoXing fic(: I was her 'editor' for the fic, and yeah, this is my first time being her corrector, or being a corrector overall lol. i dunno if i did a good job, but the story comes through. please check it out when you have the time :D

-- > [x] <--