The Bun and Scorpion listen to a sweet love tale from the 4

saying i love you

Chen was all smiles when he got home from Xiumin and Sohee's house. He still couldn't believe that Xiumin agreed to go out with him. It took awhile, but he was finally able to get the date with the Bun.

'Ha! And Five can it!' He nodded to no one in particular. 'I win, I win, I win!'

As he opened the door to his house, he was greeted by his parents. "You look so happy." Mrs. Kim said, as she continued to press the channel button on the remote. "Had a good day at --"

"I had a blast -- mom, Xiumin  agreed to go out with me!!" He practically screamed at his parents with happiness.

"O-oh, thats great honey." She nodded, a bit scared from the scream that her son just did. "When is the --"

"Oh my god, I don't know a date time yet! I should plan this out!" He ran to his room, not giving his parents any time to respond to him. Instead, they chuckled at their son's action.

Once Chen got to his room, he quickly went to his desk, grabbing scrap paper from the pile on the floor. 'Hm, what should I do…dinner date? Eh, boring…so cliche…movie date?' He scratched his head. 'That is even more cliche…' Chen tapped his pen on the desk, thinking on what he and Xiumin do for their first date. It was obvious to the other that he wanted it to be special or even unique. He looked up from his desk, looking at the small box that he now kept his money from the jobs that he was doing; it was quite a lot, he could take Xiumin to a very expensive restaurant.

"The date doesn't have to be so expensive Chen."

"H-hu? B-but I want --"

"Hm, anywhere is fine by me." The Bun said, with a little blush on his face. "So, save that money for something else, alright?"

"Hm…Xiumin doesn't want me spending it though." Chen slumped in his chair, pouting a bit. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and started to dial a familiar number.

"Hello?"

"Ah! Tao?"

"Yes, Chen? Whats wrong?"

"Well, first off…I am not bothering you am I?

"Oh, no. I'm not doing anything particular." Chen heard shifting from Tao's end. "What is on your mind?"

"Hm, I need some help…with something."

"Oh, sure. What do you need help on?"

Chen started to feel his palms getting sweaty. "U-um, you see…um, I-I --"

"Chen?"

"Y-yes?"

"You got a date with Xiumin?"

"Hu?! How did you know?!"

"Oh, well, Xiumin called me about 5 minutes ago and told me about it." He chuckled. "I'm sure he told Baekhyun, and knowing Baekhyun, he told Chanyeol, and Chanyeol told Kris, and Kris has no one really to tell this information to…maybe to his plush toys."

"He…wait…what? Kris has plush toys?"

"Hm! Lots of plush toys…something about can't sleep without them. He likes to be surrounded by stuff toys."

Chen raised his eyebrow, and looking at the cell that he was holding. 'We are talking about the same Kris right?' "Um, well, a-anyway, I need help with coming up with a date plan. Things like movie or dinner, is just too boring you know."

"I see." Tao nodded his head, even though Chen couldn't see. "Hm, well, what Kris did was that for out first date, we went and took a cooking class together."

"Cooking…class?"

"Yeah!" Tao chuckled. "It was fun! Even though, up to this time…Kris still can't cook...well he can, but...they sometimes don't taste that good...but it was fun!"

'Cooking huh?'

"What did you wanted to do originally?"

"Well, I wanted to take Xiumin out to a nice restaurant, but then he told me not to spend any of the money on him…and save it. And now that I think about it now, movies or dinner dates are so boring."

Tao pondered a bit before speaking. "Well, do you…like animals?"

"Animals? Like dogs and cats?"

"Yeah, do you like them?"

"Well, yeah, sure, they don't bother me at all."

"Xiumin likes dogs."

"Erm, okay?"

"Take Xiumin to the animal center, and walk a dog for a day. It would be relaxing as well as fun for the dog and you two."

"Seriously? Walking dogs?" 'That…doesn't really sound like fun though.' "You have anything else in mind?"

"Um…no…not that I can think of at the moment. What is wrong with the one that I suggested? It will be fun, Chen! Can you imagine, Xiumin and a cute puppy together?" Chen started to imagine what Tao just said, and to his surprise, he did like what he was imagining. It was just too cute.

"Okay, I'll do that then."

"Great!" Tao beamed. "Xiumin will enjoy it for sure. Good luck!"

"Thanks." With that, both Chen and Tao hanged up the phone. "Well, I have that date…that can be done in the afternoon…what about night time?"

Chen sighed, laying his forehead on the table. He had some thinking to do tonight.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiumin laid on his bed, turning to his side as he held onto his pillow. His face couldn't stop his face from heating; just from the events that happen today, he didn't know whether it was a good idea to accept Chen's date and as well as a position as boyfriend, even if it was safe to call him that, or a horrible idea. He still felt that he wasn't ready to be in one, but with Chen, his heart broken into beats. As if it was telling him to give the other a chance.

'Maybe…he is the one…he has been sweet...protective...and...and he is becoming more handsome everytime I see him.'

The Bun buried his face against the pillow that he was holding.

'Hm!! Chen! This is all your fault for making me like this!! I hate you!!'

"I love you Xiumin!"

"H-hu?"

"I said that I love you! And I mean it too!"

Xiumin blushed even more when he remembered what Chen said to him before he left. He felt bad that he wasn't able to say those three words. Instead, he replied that he felt the same.

'I hope Chen doesn't expect me to say those words right now…'

To the Bun, those words are a big step. He just wants to make sure that Chen was the absolute one. He just wanted to save those words when the time is right.

A knock was heard, in which he said to come in. Sohee peaked in and beamed. "I'm happy!"

"Oh…okay?" Xiumin raised his eyebrow at his sister. "Thats good?"

"I'm happy because my brother has someone to be with!" She smiled. "Xiumin, I really want you to be happy."

"B-but I was happy. Even when Chen wasn't around."

"I know, but…but I want you to be even more happy." Sohee approached him, giving him a tight hug. "Chen is really nice. I like him."

"Then why don't you date him?"

"Would you let me if Chen asked?" Sohee blinked.

"No. No one is good enough for my sister."

"Wha?!" Sohee puffed her cheeks. "So basically, I can't date...at all."

"Yup."

Sohee widen her eyes. "That isn't fair! You can date, but I can't?!"

"I'm older, and so, yeah." Xiumin nodded at his answer. "No dating for you."

Sohee frowned and left her brother's room, yelling out from the hallway that he was unfair and mean. Xiumin chuckled, before laying his head on the pillow.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

It was monday, and Xiumin and Sohee were ready to go to school. Once the two stepped out of their house, they were greeted by Chen.

"Good morning!" Chen waved to both the Buns.

"Good morning to you Chen!" Sohee smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Xiumin asked, which was probably a silly question to be even asking.

"I'm here to walk my two favorite Buns to school!" He beamed. Sohee chuckled, while Xiumin gave a grossed out expression. Chen too notice, immediately asking what the problem was.

"That was…cheesy."

"Hm! But I want to walk you guys to school." He went over and quickly grab the other's hand. "And I want to hold hands with you!"

"That is even more cheesy." Xiumin stated.

"Xiumin!" Sohee hit her brother on the back. "Be nice. Do some lovely-dovey stuff." She ordered, in which Xiumin shook his head.

"Not in front of you." Xiumin started to walk forward, tugging Chen along.

"Hey! Don't leave me!!" Sohee started to walk faster to catch up with the two boys. Eventually, they started to run, making Sohee even more angry. "Yah! You two are --"

"Don't cuss Sohee!" Xiumin chuckled, looking over his shoulder. "Not very lady like!"

"You…Gah!!" Sohee ran harder, trying to catch up to the two, but carrying two bags on each shoulder was difficult; however, Xiumin thought it was hilarious to see his sister like that. Chen smiled, seeing how Xiumin was now all smiles and laughter. That is the Xiumin he would like to see all the time; not in pain, not in tears, no frowning, but all smiles.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"That was a work out." Xiumin rubbed the back of his head that Sohee hit earlier, once they arrived at her school. She started scolding him for making her look all sweaty.

Chen nodded what the Bun said, taking out his handkerchief that was in his back pocket. "You got that right." He folded the fabric and turned towards the other; soon he started to wipe the sweat off of Xiumin.

"H-hey, what --"

"I'm just wiping the sweat off." Chen started to rub his cheeks, the front, and side of his neck, as well as his forehead. "And…all gone!" He chuckled, before folding it to a clean side to wipe his own sweat off.

"Erm…thank you." Xiumin murmured. He adjusted his bag, looking away so that the other wouldn't see the blush that he was forming on his cheeks.

The two continued to walk, and eventually they made it to their school, with people just entering.

'Another day.' Xiumin sighed, before realizing that just a few feet away from them was Kyumin. His eyes widen; immediately, thoughts of what Joon did started coming back. What if Kyumin was the same? He may not look like it, but he could be like Joon on the inside. Xiumin grabbed Chen's arm, holding tightly onto it.

"Xiumin?" Chen raised his eyebrow. "Whats wrong?"

He looked up, staring at him with worried eyes. "Kyumin."

"Kyu…min? Where?" Chen looked around, unable to spot him. He glanced over to the right, where he finally spot him, talking with a classmate. Chen narrowed his eyes, telling Xiumin not to worry. "And stay close…okay?"

"Hm." The Bun nodded, holding on tight to the other.

As they were passing one of the Five, Kyumin glanced at their way, widening his eyes when he saw that Xiumin was holding onto Chen.

'W-what?'

Kyumin was all stares, shocked to see that Xiumin was holding tightly onto Chen. 'Are they...' Before he knew it, they were gone.

"Kyumin."

The said person blinked a couple of times, before he looked at the person that was calling his name.

"Luhan…erm, y-yeah?"

"Hm?" He tilted his head. "Whats wrong?"

All Kyumin did was point at the direction where Xiumin and Chen walked. "Didn't you see?"

"Who?" Luhan said a bit worried. "I was talking with my friends, so I don't know what was going on. Who did you see?"

"Xiumin."

"What about him? Is he okay?"

"I think…he is with Chen now."

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Baekhyun," Xiumin leaned back in his seat due to Baekhyun being a bit close to hi face. "Would you mind scooting back a bit?"

Xiumin was currently in his first period class, but once he sat down, Baekhyun barged in with Chanyeol at tow, as well as Kris, who was now back at school after being suspended for physically hurting Joon on school property; they went straight to Xiumin's seat and thankfully, class didn't start yet and had 15 minutes to spare.

Baekhyun continued to beam; instead of doing what Xiumin asked, he shook his head. "I'm just so happy!"

"About what?"

"That you and Chen are together now!" He stood up straight and placed his arm over Chen's shoulder. "Finally too." He said softly to himself. "So, Chen," Baekhyun cleared his throat a bit. "How did you ask Xiumin?" He asked with his eyes sparkling a bit. "Hm?" Before Xiumin could answer, Chanyeol started to hush him. "Hm! But I just want to know." He pouted.

"Wait…I told you." Xiumin said with a slight blush. "Why do you want to know…again?"

"Because I find it cute…plus, I want Chen to tell me the story!"

Chen chuckled; he started to re-tell how he confessed that he loved him and asked him to be his boyfriend. Baekhyun couldn't help, but squeal at the cuteness of the story.

"Wah, it is just so cute! I can just imagine Xiumin," He started to pat his own cheeks. "His cheeks turning pink!"

Xiumin glanced down at his desk, hiding the blush that he was having.

"That would be a cute thing to see." Kris said, making Xiumin blush even more.

"Like a pink steam bun?" Chanyeol asked. "Hm, that actually sounds good to eat."

While the three started to talk, Chen glanced over at his Bun, smiling at how embarrassed he was. He leaned over, giving a kiss on the cheek.

Chen really thought that no one was looking, but it ended up so that the whole class witnessed what Chen did. Some gasped, mostly shocked at what Chen did, and some squealed at the thought that it was cute. Baekhyun whined; a bit sad to know that he missed the sweet moment that the two were sharing.

"Do it again!!" Baekhyun said, a bit forced.

Chen chortled. "Maybe next time."

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Are you serious?" Rome asked, widening his eyes a bit.

"I am!" Kyumin with a sad tone in his voice. "I saw Xiumin with Chen, and X-Xiumin was holding Chen like this." Kyunmin grabbed a hold of Zico's arm, just like how the Bun did to Chen.

During break, Kyumin texted them to meet up, wanting to tell what he saw this morning. Now 4 out of the 5, crestfallen at the fact that now their Bun had someone to be by his side.

Zico brushed off Kyumin's arm away from his. "Was he happy?"

"H-hu?"

"Well, was he happy?" Zico asked once again. "Happy or not Kyumin?"

"I-I don't know. I couldn't see his face."

"Why are you even asking?" Luhan asked, leaning back on the wall.

"Because of what Joon did," Emphasizing the said person's name. "Xiumin is not only scared of him, but all of us. I am just wondering if he is asking Chen to be his guard or whatever."

"Oh." Luhan said a bit softly. "So, you are saying that Xiumin might be still be available?"

"Yeah." Zico nodded. "That is what I am saying."

"So, we might still have a chance?" Rome said with realization. "Or…wait, what if Chen is really Xiumin's boyfriend."

Zico was about to reply, but didn't have a good enough response. The four stood silent, wondering what are they going to do now, except for Joon, who started to give devilish laugh. It started to creep out the four, all wondering why Joon was acting like that.

"J-Joon?" Kyumin stuttered. "W-what is so funny?"

"Ah…hm." Joon's eyes hinted with something sinister planned, and eventually a smirk laid on his face. "I just thought of something that will permanently make Xiumin hate Chen."

The four raised their eyes in wonder.

'What does he have planned now?' They thought in unison.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Thanks for letting us come over Xiumin." Tao said, as he took off his shoes when entering his and Sohee's house.

"It is no problem." The Bun said, placing his backpack at the side. Xiumin invited Chen and his friends at his house, since Sohee would be staying over at her friend's for a bit, and would return later at night. "I'll get some snacks." With that he made his way over to the kitchen, with Chen at tow.

Chanyeol chuckled, making his step brother turned towards him. "What are you laughing at?" Kris asked.

"Chen just now looked like a dog following his owner." He laughed. "It was so funny!"

Kris gave a confused look. "Why are you laughing at that? You do the same thing with Baekhyun when you two were 5 months into your relationship…and you still do it now."

"Huh? I do not." The wavy haired teen said. "I don't act like a dog that follows --"

"Chanyeol! Come here!" Baekhyun called sweetly from the living room, making Chanyeol's eyes perked up.

"Coming!" He sang; just as he was about to go to the living room, he heard the other snicker. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, before leaving to be with his boyfriend.

Meanwhile, Xiumin grabbed bowls from the cabinet, while Chen grabbed the bags of various chips and dips.

"You didn't have to help." The Bun said, opening one of the chip bags. "You are a guest…I should be doing this."

"Hm, I would like to help." Chen replied with a smile.

"But I am the host."

"And I am the host's boyfriend." He laughed, making Xiumin blush.

"Well…thank you…for the help." He said, picked up the two bowls. The two went over to the living room where the four were, and to Xiumin, it seemed that him and Chen interrupted some story that Tao was telling.

"What are you telling Tao?" The Bun asked.

"Oh, well, from what Baekhyun told me, he asked Chen how he asked you to be his."

"O-oh?"

"Yeah," Tao nodded. "Baekhyun wanted to hear how Kris and I got together...or rather...hear it again."

"Oh," Chen sat down on the floor, crissed-crossed, close to the coffee table. "I want to hear this." A bit curious how the two got together.

"No…" Kris said, covering his hand over his face.

"Why not?" Chen asked, grabbing a chip. "I wanna hear your guys' stories! You heard mine…I think it would be fair."

By then, Xiumin sat beside Chen on the floor, grabbing a chip. Baekhyun inwardly smiled, nudging Xiumin with his foot. The Bun looked behind him, and up at Baekhyun, who gave him a smirk. Realizing that he was close to Chen, he scooted away from him.

"It isn't embarrassing." Tao said. "Why? You think it is?" He asked the Dragon, who tighten his lips, shaking his head back and forth.

"N-no…it's not."

Tao raised his eyebrow, but decided to continue with the story. How the two came together was that Kris tried his best in courting Tao, but at that time, Tao wasn't interested at all in the other. However, Kris didn't give up; his courting went from being sweet like giving flowers, to being creepy, meaning that he would stalk Tao every chance he could get, even to the bathroom, to courting in the most hilarious way, in Tao's perspective.

"What did he do?" Chen asked, now really into the story.

"He…" Tao ended up laughing at the memory. It was so out of the blue for him, and it was something that he wouldn't forget. "H-he…it was the last day of school, and we were all done with our exams. Everyone was about to head home…so was I…and as I was walking from the main doors, this guy," He gestured to his now boyfriend. "Came up, wearing this panda costume, holding onto a sign that had the words: I love you, would you please go out with me."

Chen was taken back at the story. It didn't seem like Kris at all. He always sees him as the mature and sophisticated one of the group, but after hearing what came out of Tao's lips, he was shocked.

"I was obviously embarrassed." Tao started up again. "And I was about to reject him this time, instead of avoiding him like I always did, but then I think he knew that I was going to do that…and then he ended up…u-up…dancing!" By now Tao was in tears from laughter. "And he started to sing, but it was so out of tune, and his voice started to crack up!!"

Chanyeol and Baekhyun, along with the Panda, started to laugh hard, while Kris started to bury his face against a near by pillow.

"And then what did you do?" Chen asked, trying his best not to laugh along.

"O-oh, I was shocked to be honest that he would…like embarrass himself like that." Tao wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. "At that time, he was like this guy that is very serious in what he does, hm, he, you rarely smiled." Tao pointed out to the Dragon. "Yeah, you rarely smiled at anyone. So," He turned back to Chen. "He looked like this not-so-fun guy. Boring to be exact." Tao chuckled.

"Hey..." Kris slumped down in the couch, hugging the pillow tightly. "That isn't nice..." He said against the pillow.

"So that is how Kris asked you to be his?" Chen asked, still amazed that the very so mature Kris, was really a person that is willing to go all out, even to the point of embarrassing him, to get Tao to go on one date with him. Tao replied that is how Kris asked to go on a date. "So…what did you guys do for your date -- oh, wait, you guys went and took a cooking class right?"

"H-how did you know?!" Even more, a blush spread across his face.

"Tao told me…and he also told me that you are still a bad cook."

Chanyeol bursted out laughing. "Oh my god, it is so true!!" By then, he was starting to have trouble breathing.

"B-be quiet you!" The Dragon threw a pillow at his step-brother as hard as he could. "What about your story huh?"

"My story? How Baekhyun and I got together? Didn't I tell you?"

"Uh, no you didn't actually…now I am curious. How did you and Baekhyun get together?"

"Oh, well, it went a little something like this." Chanyeol sang. "All I did was…" he drifted off his sentence, making everyone, except for Baekhyun, more curious than ever.

"Well?" Kris asked, trying to rush his step-brother in telling the story. "How did it go?"

"All I did was ask." The wavy haired teen smiled brightly.

"Thats it?" Chen asked, a bit unimpressed. "All you did was ask?"

"Hm!" He nodded. "And Baekhyun said yes."

"Is that true?" Chen turned towards Baekhyun, who shook his head. "It wasn't?"

"Ha, no." Baekhyun said. "What Chanyeol did was that he made his treasure hunt map thing around the school…he stuffed a treasure map in my locker, and being curious, I did it, but I did it after school. It was so difficult to figure out and some were a bit repetitive. Like was going around the school, passing the courtyard like 3 times, going to the cafeteria like 4 times, going to the field like 20 times...that I almost stopped and gave up."

"And then?" Chen asked.

"But I still continued, and it was close into being night time, so I was getting a bit freaked out."

"You made Baekhyun roam around at night?" Kris asked a bit surprised. "What kind of person are you, letting him walk around at night, especially at school?"

"I was there!" Chanyeol said, defending himself. "I was one step behind him…so I was following him."

"Any…way," Baekhyun cleared his throat. "At the end, I ended up at the courtyard…again, and this time, I saw flowers on the benches. I went up to them and lo and behold, there was a note."

"What did it say?" Kris and Chen asked in unison.

Baekhyun smiled. "It said 'I'll treasure the night if you'll go out with me' ".

"Aww, thats cute." Tao nodded.

"His seem normal." Chen pointed out. "Wow, I really thought that the way that you guys were going to ask Tao and Baekhyun would…well, reflect your personalities."

"What do you mean?" Xiumin asked, now just returning back from the kitchen, leaving a while ago while the five talked.

"Well, for Kris, I really thought that he would do something like, 'You, go out with me…now'…something like that, because he seems that stern type of person. Hm, I honestly thought that he would do something like what Chanyeol did. For Chanyeol," He gestured towards him. "He is very out going, always in smiles…I thought that he would do what Kris did." Chen chuckled. "Guess I was wrong."

Everyone chuckled. "Even though he was like that," Tao gestured towards Kris. "It made me laugh. It was…brave and sweet for him to do that in front of all the students at school." The Panda leaned over and gave the other a quick peck on the cheek, snuggling his head against his shoulder. "It showed that he could also be funny."

"Yeah!" Baekhyun lunged over to Chanyeol and hugged him tightly. "It showed that my Chanyeol can be mature-romantic as well." He gave a peck on Chanyeol cheek.

Both the towering brothers blushed at what their love interests said, but slowly a smile laid upon their faces. It warmed Chen's heart to see the four of them like that. He glanced over at Xiumin, who was glancing down at his lap to avoid the lovey-dovey moment.

Chen scooted closer to the Bun; he gave him a peck on the cheek, making Xiumin's cheek turn very pink.

"How cute! His cheeks are so rosy!" Chanyeol said a bit loud, making Xiumin puff his cheeks a little. Embarrassed, Xiumin gently pushed the other away, and turned around, so that his back was facing Chen.

It caught Chen by surprise, but nonetheless, he found it adorable. He knew that it was going to take awhile for Xiumin to fully open up to him, considering they just got together, and for that, he is willing to wait.

Hopefully willing.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

comment if you like / mistakes = i'm sorry.

Creative ways to ask someone out: [x