The Bun says the words

saying i love you

it is quite long....i think...so take breaks when you can.

hm...its been awhile too huh? sorry about that. anyway, im not liking this too much. its rushed...especially towards the end...

anyway, i hope you like it regardless.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin bit his lips as he stared blankly at his textbook; tomorrow was the day of his first two exams, and he was sure that he wasn’t going to pass them. He studied long hours yesterday and the day before for his monday exams, yet when he looked at it again today, they looked like the greek letters to him. He rubbed his eyes with his hands, leaning back in his seat.

His mind was once again on Chen.

Friday was graduation; he knew that he would have to survive until then. He turned around upon hearing the knocking sounds that were coming from his door. “Yes?” He said tiredly.

The door opened, revealing Sohee with a small tray of snacks and a cup of what Xiumin guessed was tea or warm mocha.

“I thought you needed something to munch on.” She let out a small smile.

A nod came from the older. “Thank you.”

He would just have to withstand all of this.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Monday came rolling in, and Xiumin was in his class, taking his first  exam. There at the front, Yongguk watched over his students, nodding his head along. He had great confidence that his  students would do well in their exams. Xiumin tapped his pen on the desk, making his right leg bounce up and down, a nervous twitch that he developed now. He was nervous, he was panicking. Xiumin was sure that he wasn’t going to pass. He would be lucky to earn a passing grade.

Kris and Chanyeol took once-in-awhile glances at their friend, wondering if he was okay. He would always cruised through the exams, no problem, and still receive great marks on them, but looking at their friend’s state, they knew that he wasn’t doing so well.

“15 minutes left guys. Pace yourself.” Yongguk said as he erased the time from the board. Some students groaned, and quickly pens and pencils were quick in writing their answers. Xiumin blinked; he quickly started to put his answer on the sheet of paper as fast as he could.

Chen on the other hand was in the same boat as the other. The dark circles were so clear, that it made him look sick.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

The first day ended, and instead of hanging out with his friends, Xiumin decided to take his leave.

“You sure you don’t want to have lunch with us Xiumin?” Tao asked with worry. It was already 12:30 in the afternoon, and he knew that Xiumin should be hungry by now.

“No...I’m gunna head out.” Xiumin said tiredly. He inhaled deeply. “Um, I’m gunna go now...see you all tomorrow.” With that, he started to walk; after a few minutes, he disappeared to the main sidewalk and started to head towards his sister’s school.

“Poor Xiumin…” Baekhyun tighten his lips.

“How was he this morning?” Tao asked the two, not even looking directly at them. The twin towers hummed.

“He wasn’t looking too good.” Chanyeol said softly. “Well, that is how I saw it.”

The quartet sat together on a near by table that was just outside of the school. It was still a bit awkward with the four together, feelings were still lingering and the events were just too much for them. It was quiet for awhile, until Kris decided to speak; however, Rome came jogging towards their table. “Rome.” Kris nodded his head towards the other. “You...n-no offense, but you look awful.”

It was true; Rome’s eyes consisted of dark circles, and tired eyes. He gave a shrug towards the other. “Um, studying a lot…” He wanted to change the subject. “U-um, how is Xiumin?”

“Xiumin?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrow at the other. “What about him?”

“I-I saw him this morning...he looked awful...I-I just thought that he wasn’t feeling good or something.”

The four tighten their lips. “He wasn’t feeling well.” Chanyeol said, rubbing the back of his neck. “He looked distracted…”

Rome knew the cause. Because of the information he told the Bun, he knew that Chen leaving him, his friends, and even Korea, was harsh. “You and I know why…” Rome said softly. “Xiumin needs --”

“No,” Baekhyun shook his head. “I know what you are going to say...Xiumin doesn’t need a guy like Chen at all.”

“What do you mean he doesn’t need him?” Rome started to tighten his hands. “Xiumin and Chen complement each other so well! Just like you and Chanyeol...and you are telling him he doesn’t need someone like him? You are his friends...aren’t you?” he asked harshly. “well?! He is friends with you guys right?!”

“What point are you even getting at?” Kris raised his eyebrow at the other. “Why are you even getting angry?”

“Because his own friends don’t even know what they are doing! You think that you are protecting Xiumin, but you are not at all! You are going to hurt him more in the future!”

“Hey,” Baekhyun stood up from his seat, slamming his hands on the table. “You are not his friend at all! You knew him for what? A couple weeks? We knew him for years! Unlike you, we know what is best for Xiumin,” He pointed at the other, eyes cold towards him. “So how dare you tell me -- us, that we aren’t good friends. Last time I remember we protected him from the likes of you and your little buddies!! Good for nothing, erted guys --”

“Baekhyun,” Tao hushed him. “Sit down.”

“What, this guy thinks that he and Xiumin are good friends, turning over new leaf or some , he thinks he knows what is best for Xiumin! You know squat!!”

“What is wrong with you people!” Rome yelled. “Chen is leaving to China...in fact, he will be leaving the day after graduation! And I told Xiumin about that.” The four widen their eyes at the other. Rome stared at each of them wish harshness in his eyes. “Xiumin does love him a whole lot, and you four should know about that since you know him so well!” He stressed out the last part. “Joon is the one that pushed him off the edge --”

‘And I know two who really pushed it.’ Tao tighten his lips.

“I may not know Chen like you guys do, but I know Chen isn’t that type. It was the heat of the moment --”

“How do you know that he won’t do it again, hm?” Baekhyun interjected. “He is human...how do you know that Chen won’t just do it again to Xiumin! Huh?! Are you a mind reader Rome? Huh? How do you know that Chen won’t just get up and attack him on the spot. Hm?!”

Rome blinked; he tighten his lips and fists. He started to shake. “How are you blind to see that Chen is a good person...he was tricked by Joon. I believe that he won’t do it again.” He gritted his teeth. “What is seriously wrong with you people! You think you are helping Xiumin, but you aren’t at all! You are making him miserable! You can’t even see what he is feeling right now!” He scolded and he turned his way. The four watched as the other walked away.

It left the four a bit speechless.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

“Oh, Chen,” The said teen looked up from his books, at his father. “Where is your cellphone?”

“My cellphone? Why?”

His father started to explain that since they will be back in China, he needed to get take their cellphones to the telecommunications company to dispose of their cell phones. Chen raised his eyebrow, very confused as to why they should do such a thing. Plus, all his friends’ cellphone numbers were there. “When we get to China, we will be getting new cellphones.” Mr. Kim raised out his hand. “Cell please.”

Chen hesitated, but gave his father his cellphone. As it landed on his father’s palm, Mr. Kim exited. Chen closed his eyes, and let out a small exhale. Now there will be no way to communicate with the others. He bit his lip; maybe this was a sign that he shouldn't even go near Xiumin anymore, knowing well what he did. ‘This has to be a sign...’

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Days passed, and now it was Thursday; their last final was held in the morning, and now every student was free for summer break. However, the seniors had one more day left, graduation. Tao and Baekhyun decided to head home, while Chanyeol and Kris did the same. Xiumin on the other hand decided to head towards Rome’s workplace once again. He peeked inside, seeing that Rome was busy with work. Xiumin bit the inside of his cheek, wondering if he should go inside or not.

“Going in?” Xiumin turned around seeing a couple standing right behind him. He was blocking their way.

“S-sorry,” he grabbed hold of the handle, and opened the door for him. “I’m not s-sure yet.”

The couple nodded their heads towards him, and entered. Rome caught sight, and saw that Xiumin was standing outside. “Xiumin?”

“U-uh, hi,” he gave a small wave towards the other.

“Come in.” Rome gestured, as he tucked the tray underneath him. “I’ll be with you in just a minute alright?”

Xiumin gave a small nod. He closed the door behind him, and tried to find a seat somewhere; however, no seats were available, except for one which was occupied by an elderly couple.

On cue, the elderly lady glanced up and smiled towards Xiumin. She gestured for him to come over. “I know that the tables are occupied, but we have a spare chair, if you don’t mind sitting with us old timers.” She chuckled. It made Xiumin smile.

“Thank you.” He said, taking a seat.

“Judging from your uniform, you go to SM high right?” the elderly man said, “Oh pardon me, I’m Kwangsun, and this is my wife, Sooyun.”

“H-hello, I’m Xiumin.” he nodded towards them. “And yes, um, I graduate...t-tomorrow.” Xiumin bit his lips, remembering what Rome told him about Chen. He will be leaving the day after. As if the elderly couple could sense it, they quickly asked what was wrong. “U-um, nothing, its just...a shock that I’ll be graduating from high school, you know? It went by so fast.”

Sooyun nodded. “Time flies, especially with high school. I don’t know about you son, but high school was the best time of my life.”

‘Thats nice...lucky too...’ Xiumin gave a small smile.

“Sure, ups and downs here and there, but overall, I loved it. That is when I met Kwangsun.” She giggled.

“H-high school sweethearts?” The Bun asked, in which they nodded.

“Yup, well, senior year is where we met.” Kwangsun said. “She was a transfer student.” Xiumin widen his eyes a bit.

“Is that so?” He said softly.

“Hm, and…yeah. We hit it off pretty well, I guess you can say.” Both Kwangsun and Sooyun gave each other smiles, chuckling softly. Xiumin lowered his head, and bit his lips in the process. He glanced up when he heard Sooyun started to speak.

“Even though we had ups and downs, little cupid always found a way to put us back together.”

‘That is nice...’ Xiumin started to feel his stomach curl. “I’m sorry, I’m not feeling so well,” he stood up and bowed to both of them. “I have to go...thank you for sharing your table with me.” Before the elderly couple could ask what was wrong, Xiumin started to make his way over to the door. He bumped into Rome, causing him to be worried.

“Xiumin, whats --”

Before he could even finish his own sentence, Xiumin ran out.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

A sigh escaped from Chen’s lips as he started to pack early with his things. It was to keep his mind preoccupied; bags under his eyes, looking ill, and he was for sure that he didn’t do well like he usually does with his exams. He folded his sweatshirt and placed it in his luggage. He couldn’t even believe that this was happening, but somewhat deep down, he felt that this might be the right thing to do.

‘Maybe this is really a sign for me to leave Xiumin...’ He sat down on his bed, letting out a sigh. If he could take it back, he would. A knock was heard, causing Chen to look up. “Y-yes?”

The door opened, and his mother peeked in. “Your classmate is here to see you.” She said with a soft smile. She open the door wider, and stepped to the side. Chen was puzzled to see Rome in front of him, yet a bit irritated. Rome entered, nodding his head at Chen’s mother. “I’ll leave you two to be.” With that, she closed the door.

"What are you doing here?” Chen asked softly, standing up to resume back in his packing.

“Chen, Xiumin didn’t look so well today.” Chen didn’t respond. “He looked sad today…for the past couple weeks, Chen…”

“Not my concern.” ‘We aren’t even together, so --’

“Not your concern?” Rome grabbed the shirt that Chen was trying to fold, and threw it on his bed. “Okay, fine, Xiumin doesn't need to be your boyfriend, but treat him like a friend at least! He looks so tired and sad --”

“It is probably the exams, we just got done with them...and graduating tomorrow, it is a lot on our plate you know.”

“Is everyone here stupid?!” Rome was close into ripping his own hair out. “Are you blind or something? Please don’t tell me…you fallen out of love...for real?”

“You know, I am really tired of you telling me to do things.” Chen started to say with anger in his voice.

“It’s because you are not seeing what you are doing! I really want to punch you in the face -- you and your friends! Are you guys blind in what you are doing?!”

“I know what I am doing will be the best for him! I am so sure he will find someone that can treat him right, unlike me who did something stupid --”

“Are you going to attack him again?” Rome said, interjecting the other in mid-sentence. “Hm? Tell me right now, are you going to hurt Xiumin ever again.”

“Wha -- no. I will never do that to him ever again!”

“If you know…then…” he sighed, shaking his head. “You know, nevermind. I won’t say anything else about it.” He started to back away from Chen, turning around and started to head towards the door. “Xiumin’s friends won’t even help...his sister has a tight eye on him...they are looking passed the fact that Xiumin is so miserable.” Rome tighten his hand on the door knob. “I’m going to go...but Chen, I’m scared for Xiumin.”

With that, Rome exited, closing the door behind him. Chen shook his head. ‘It is Rome that doesn’t understand that what I am doing...will be good for Xiumin.’

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

“Ladies and gentlemen…the class of 2014!”

The cheer from the students echoed in the stadium; graduation hats were thrown in the air, as some hugged their neighbors beside them. Xiumin turned to his classmate when she spoke to him. “We did it!” She giggled as she opened her arms to hug the other. Xiumin gave a soft smile.

“Yeah we did, Namjoo.”

As the graduating class exited out, but not before picking up their graduation hats, walked side by side each other. The graduates talked among each other while waiting for their parents. Xiumin made his way over to his friends, who were now with their parents.

“Xiumin,” Both Kris and Chanyeol’s mother opened her arms towards the other. “Congratulations.”

“Thank you.”

“Your mother and father?” Their father asked, in which Xiumin gave a weak smile. Their father squeezed Xiumin on the shoulder. “They are proud of you...remember that.”

“Yeah...busy with work to even come to my graduation huh?”

“Sohee...where is she?”

“School AP exams run during this time. I told her not to miss any of it...even though she wanted to come to my graduation…” Xiumin tighten his lips. “So, I’ll just see her later at home.”

Chanyeol patted him on the shoulder, hugging him a bit. “We will party at your house.” He beamed.

“No partying...get together would be nice...but not today guys.” Xiumin responded. “I just want go home and rest.” He gently grabbed Chanyeol’s arm off from his shoulders. “Thanks though guys. I’ll see you later okay?”

Before Tao could even respond, Xiumin nodded his head towards his friends and their parents. He left and disappeared in the crowd. Baekhyun’s mother placed her hand against her lips. “I hope Xiumin will be okay...poor boy. He must’ve been exhausted from all the studying and graduation preparation.”

Baekhyun bit his lips, before glancing down on the ground. ‘If only our parents knew...’

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Chen leaned his head against the window of his parents car. Right after the graduation ceremony, he wanted to leave immediately. His parents asked him if he wanted any photos with his friends, but he kindly declined. He just wanted to go.

“Chen, why was it that you didn’t want any photos of  you and your friends? And Xiumin too?”

The other stared out the window, not even bothering to answer his father’s question. He was going to ask again, yet decided not to.

“He must be tired from all the studying and the leaving for tomorrow.” Chen heard his mother say to his father. Chen shook his head, and resumed back into looking at the passing cars.

 --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin opened the door to his house and greeted by cheers.

“Sohee.”

“Happy graduation Xiumin!!! Sohee jumped on her brother, giving him a big hug. There, in their house, were mostly Sohee’s friends, and Jiyong. “After the exams, we came back here...we wanted to celebrate. Where are Kris and the others?”

“They went home...I told them that I didn’t want to...well, party.”

“Oh,” Sunye placed her hand over her lips. “S-sorry Xiumin, we didn’t know, and this is rude of us to --”

“No, it’s fine really. I just...thank you for coming.” Xiumin gave a small smile.

“We have food...and Sohee has some of your favorites.” Yoobin said gesturing the kitchen way.

Xiumin nodded; he was about to speak when Sohee hugged her brother tightly. She didn’t say anything, but Xiumin was sure that she figured out that he wasn’t feeling well. Instead, the Bun hugged her in returned.

“Why don’t we all eat now.” Jiyong said, in which everyone nodded their head.

“I’ll be right there, um, I’m just gunna change out.” With that, Xiumin went to his room, while the rest went to the kitchen to start eating. As he entered, he placed his diploma on his bed, as well as his graduation grown that he changed out of before getting onto the bus. He sighed, and changed out of his clothes into something more comfortable.

Before he could go out, he grabbed his cellphone and unlocked it; he hesitantly went to his contacts and went straight for Chen’s number.

"Chen is going to be gone tomorrow."

Rome’s words echoed in his head. He stared at Chen’s cell number; he wanted to call.

Instead, he tossed his phone on his bed, and left his room.

 --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

It was the day after the class of 2014 graduated, and it was currently 20 minutes until 5am. The sun was just rising, yet still a slight fog rose. It was a chilly morning as Rome made his way over to his parents’ flower shop and cafe to open up. Since school was over, he decided to open the shop from now on until college starts for him.

He placed the key in the keyhole, and opened the door. The bells chimed as the frame hit the bars, letting it echo in his ears. ‘Today is the day Chen leaves...back to China.’ Rome paused for a minute, glancing down at the floors of the shop. He shook his head, deciding not to make a comment.

~

Xiumin opened his eyes slowly, showing an indifferent expression on his face. He turned to his side, grabbing his phone that dropped on the floor by accident last night. He pressed the home button, seeing that it was only 20 minutes until 5am. He got up slowly, only to have his ears perked up to hear foot steps. Xiumin opened his door, seeing his sister closing her door.

He remembered last night that Sohee and her friends were heading to the J.Y. Park entertainment radio station for their public voice appearance, and singing their song, ‘Saying I Love You’.

“You are leaving?” Xiumin asked tiredly.

“Hm, well, it won’t start until like at 10, but we all want to be there early.”

“This early?”

“Yup! The CEO is going to give us the tour and stuff too.”

“Hm,” he nodded his head. “Well, okay...who is driving?”

“Jiyong.” Sohee checked her phone. “He should be here soon. Go back to sleep.”

“I can’t. I’m awake.”

Sohee sighed, but nodded her head. “Um, I didn’t leave any breakfast…leftovers are still there.”

“Thats fine. Thank you.”

Just then, the doorbell rang; Sohee beamed and made her way to the front door. Xiumin followed and right there in front of him was Jiyong, all dressed nice and giving Sohee a sweet smile. Xiumin cleared his throat, crossing his arms a bit. “Drive safe.”

“Hm,” he nodded. “I will.”

“Bye!” Sohee said, grabbing Jiyong by the arm. The door closed behind Sohee, leaving Xiumin to himself.

It took awhile until Xiumin went back upstairs to get dressed. He was up and he decided to take a walk.

~

Chen groaned as he saw that it was 20 minutes until 5am on his clock. ‘Flight is at 10....’ A soft sigh escaped from his lips when he sat up from his bed. Since he was up, he might as well finish up last minute packing.

~

Xiumin started to walk to the park, where coincidentally or not, was the park that Chen took him for their first little date. It surprised the Bun himself that he went all the way to the park, early in the morning. However, it was nice during this hour; it was quiet, with only the cars going to and fro, and birds tweeting.

‘Damn it...why am I here.’

He crossed his arms, as he walked down the sidewalk. He inhaled deeply and decided to take a seat on the bench right next to a person that was fairly familiar. Xiumin tilted his head at the man, and the man looked up from his phone.

“Oh, I remember you,” He placed his cell down. “You and that guy right?”

“You and the guy with the silver hair...r-right...the dog center. We rented dogs from you two.”

“Hm.” The guy nodded.

“I’m sorry...I forgot your name.”

“Taekwoon.” ‘Now that I think about it...I don’t remember giving him my name, or was it Hakyeon?’

Xiumin started to remember. “Xiumin is mine...i-in case you forgot.”

Taekwoon gave a chuckle as he placed his phone in his pocket. “What are you doing here early in the morning?"

"I-I could ask you the same thing..."

He chuckled. "I like walking this early in the morning. I feel at ease in doing so. Anyway, what are you doing here? Meeting up with your boyfriend or something?” He chuckled softly. “This early.” Xiumin widen his eyes a bit, tightening his lips. Taekwoon knew he hit, accidentally, the wrong spot. “I apologize --”

“No, it’s okay.” He glanced down on his lap. “We aren’t together anymore...so, yeah…” He said softly.

“My apologizes.” Xiumin didn’t respond; instead he looked what was in front of him. “May I ask what was the problem? If you don’t mind me asking? Maybe talking it out will ease your mind?”

Xiumin was quick to say no. “It is something I rather not say...erm, it is just he did something horrible to me.”

Taekwoon was taken by surprise. “Really? He didn’t look like the type of guy to hurt you.” He scratched his cheek.

“Yeah, well...he did...and I’m not even sure if I can forgive him for that.” Xiumin placed his hands on his lap. “I-I don’t think I can…” He said once again, with tremble in his voice.

“I’m sorry...I’m kinda pushing it, and I didn’t mean to do that.”

“It’s fine...we are going our separate ways anyway. He will be going to China for university...and I’ll b-be here.”

“I can tell you are going to miss him regardless of what he has done --”

“I do not!” Xiumin said raising his voice at the other, who was taken back from his sharp response. “There is no way in hell that I would miss him!”

“I’m sorry.” Taekwoon tried to calm the other. “I’m sorry, it is just that your voice...the tone, it feels like you still care -- I am just observing.”

Xiumin stood up from the seat. “I don’t and will never miss him. I can’t...I just can’t miss at all...i-it would be stupid of me to do so if I say I miss him!”

Taekwoon stared right at the Bun; looking into his eyes. “You miss him for sure.”

Xiumin shook his head. “No way…”

“Believe what you want, but your face says you do.”

‘How can I miss him...when he has done that to me…’

“I feel that you still miss him. The tone of your voice really...really says something.” Taekwoom nodded his head. “If it is about him moving to China, talk to him first. I know being separated is going to be hard, and maybe this is the reason why you two ended up in a nasty breakup...I don’t know, I’m just guessing here, but anyway, I would talk with him. It is obvious that you still care...I’m sure he cares too...you two were, well...I wouldn’t say this to any couple, but it looked like you two were fit for each other you know, even though I do not know you personally or him, but the way you are now...just feels that you still long for him...ya know?”

The Bun stood silent; he glanced down on the ground, him mind telling him Taekwoon was wrong about everything. “I have to go.” With that, he ran, ran far from Taekwoon.

The other stared at the Bun ran from him. ‘It must’ve been wrong of me to say anything...it wasn’t even my concern.’

~

It was already 6am, and Tao woke up from his sleep, feeling a great wave of sadness flowing over him. His chest started to hurt; not from pain, but from the feeling of sadness. He got up and picked up his phone from his desk. He quickly dialed Baekhyun; a groggy hello came from the other line. “Baekhyun...can we meet up?”

“Hm?” Shifting on the bed was heard. “What’s wrong...its...its 6:02 in the morning.”

“I know, but...I just woke up suddenly feeling sad you know?” Tao rubbed his chest with his free hand. “I feel all...depressed.”

“Maybe it is something you ate?”

Tao rolled his eyes. “Don’t be stupid...can we meet...please?”

“Sure...where?”

“How about that Triple S Tea House? They are open this early anyway.” Tao hummed. “Can I call Kris and Chanyeol too? I just feel better --”

“Do whatever you want. I’m going to get changed so I’ll see you later.” With that, Baekhyun hanged up the phone. Tao felt a lump in the back of his throat. He dismissed it, and called Kris, who, just like Baekhyun, responded with a groggy hello.

“Kris, can we meet.”

“At 6 --”

“Yeah, I know it is early...but I just feel sad right now.”

“Hu? why?”

Tao started to once again rub his chest. “I don’t even know...just come to the Triple S Tea House okay? And make sure Chanyeol comes too…”

Kris nodded, regardless of the fact at Tao couldn’t see him. “Okay, we will come.”

“Thank you.”

~

Joon clicked his tongue, feeling a great irritation. ‘I just had to wake up early for a stupid meeting.’

His father made an arrangement for a business management in a shop that his father’s friend owns, at a nearby promenade. He had to go in early before the shop even opened just to have a meeting with the owner.

“And just after I graduated...how wonderful.” He whispered to himself as he let his driver continued to drive him over to the shop.

~

Xiumin was able to make it to the promenade, to Rome’s workplace. He wondered on the way if the shop was even open or not. He just hoped that it was. He needed a friend to speak with and Rome was the one that calmed him slightly.

He made it to the flower shop cafe, and was happy to know that it was indeed open. He went inside, only to see Rome wiping the tables clean and presentable. The bell chimed, causing Rome to turn around.

“Oh...Xiumin.” He checked his watch, only to be surprised to see that it was 6:40 in the morning. “Uh...you are here early.”

“I’m surprised that the shop is open this early. Sorry for the intrusion.”

“It’s fine. Around this time, we open early because the sun is already up.” He looked outside, seeing that the sun was still rising. “But really...what are you doing here?”

The Bun didn’t have a well enough answer to respond, but instead, said that he just ended up waking up early. “And I went for a walk...jog...something like that.”

Rome eyed him, but shook it off. “You want something to eat then? Sandwich...or well, I’m sure we have eggs, so I can make you some eggs.”

A nod was the response. “S-sure, thank you.”

As Rome gestured the clean table for Xiumin to sit down; as the Bun did, Rome went to the back to make Xiumin breakfast. Xiumin rested his hands on the table, before letting his hands rest under his chin. He started to ponder; today was the day that Chen would leave to China. How did he feel about that?

“I’m sorry, it is just that your voice...the tone, it feels like you still care…”

Words from Taekwoon echoed in his mind. He shook his head, thinking that it was impossible for him to miss someone like him, especially what he has done to him. Regardless if Joon planted the idea in his head, Chen should have known better about it. If he really cared for him, then he wouldn’t have done it. However, it didn’t go that way.

‘No way in hell that I care...’ He blinked. ‘There is no way.’ Droplets started to fall from the corner of his eyes. ‘I’m sure...there is no way.’

By the time Rome came back with Xiumin’s breakfast, he quickly rushed to his side, seeing that his friend was in tears. “Xiumin! What’s wrong? W-what happened?!”

Xiumin continued to shake his head, letting his vision be blurry. “I must be stupid or something…”

“What?” Rome placed the plate on the table, kneeling down in front of the other. “Why are you even saying that? Huh?”

“Because...b-because I don’t want Chen to leave.” He covered his eyes with his hands, crying like a child. Rome’s eyes widen a bit; he started to wonder if he got through his mind. “My friends, my parents, and my little sister, have always given me happiness that I need. It was enough...but when he came along, sure I wouldn’t say it out loud, but I felt warm inside. I felt protected and happy inside.” Xiumin wiped his nose with the back of his hand. “I don’t even know why I feel like this…,” he turned towards Rome. “Right? It is wrong...I shouldn’t forgive him, yet I...I-I still --”

“I know you still care for him.” Rome felt a little wave of happiness inside of him. “I know you do...I’ve been trying to say that to you...even your friends, but, and I am sorry for this, but your friends are complete idiots. They don’t even see how hurt you are, and instead, they care for your safety, which...is also a good thing. Friends should look out for each other, but you are miserable, and clearly you love Chen.”

Xiumin’s eyes widen. “W-what?”

“Well, you love him right? I mean, what you just said earlier...you care for him.” He stood up. “Look, Xiumin, I know what Chen did was horrible...stupid even, and I hate Joon for that. He planted that in his head, and I’m guessing Chen was...I dunno, freaked out. Maybe he hasn’t been in a relationship before and what Joon said, maybe scared him right off the bat. He probably thought that it was something that everyone does --”

“But Chen shouldn’t have done that in the first place then because --”

“Do you honestly believe that Chen would do that to you...again. You saw him, he looks ill, Xiumin, he doesn’t even look like himself anymore. I’m also worried about him, even if we aren’t friends.” He sighed. “I’m so sure he misses you...and he will definitely miss you when he leaves.”

Xiumin felt a lump in the back of his throat; he will never see Chen again. Rome patted his shoulder, telling him to eat his breakfast before it gets cold. Before Rome could even leave, Xiumin grabbed the hem of his shirt.

“I-I’m going to miss him.”

Rome gave a weak smile. “Thats...thats great,” he frowned. “But a bit too late.”

 --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Baekhyun sipped in his warm green tea; he was beside Tao, and across from them were Kris and Chanyeol. Just days ago, he was clinging onto Chanyeol, and now, he was far away from the other.

“So, um,” Kris cleared his throat. “What is the problem?”

Now that Tao thought about it, he wasn’t sure how to inform the others about his thoughts this morning. He started to rub his own chest, remembering the sudden wave of sadness taking over him when he woke up. It was odd, for sure. “I...just felt sad.”

“Hm?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrow at the other. “About?”

Tao lowered his head. “I’m sorry. I just don’t know how to explain it. Honestly, it feels that something bad is going to happen.”

“Bad?” Baekhyun was taken back at the comment. ‘Thats weird.’

“If it is towards you then you and I will be near you until the end of the day.” Kris said, not liking one bit that Tao was feeling this way.

It was silent for a bit, until Chanyeol looked around the cafe. “This is a nice place. Did it open recently?”

“No, its been here awhile.” Tao said.

“Ah.” He nodded.

 --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Hours has passed and it was 9:25 in the morning. Xiumin has stayed with Rome for the majority of the morning, sitting quietly in his seat. As for the other party, Tao and company were in the Triple S Tea House, talking to each other and drinking their warm drinks. Sohee and the rest of her friends were given the privilege to go out to have some breakfast if they wanted at the promenade near by. Sohee’s girls gestured for her and Jiyong to go out for lunch together, while they went somewhere else to eat. Sohee and Jiyong left the company building and started to head towards the promenade. As for Joon, he was almost done with the meeting with his father’s friend.

It was empty in the flower cafe shop, and Xiumin was by himself while Rome was looking at his phone. Xiumin decided not to bother the other, and sat to himself.

Thoughts ran through his head; he won’t be able to see Chen anymore. Instead of thinking of the bad moments he remembered between him and Chen, he started to remember the good times with him. How he was able to make him feel warm inside, bringing a smile to his face, for once he was extremely happy, despite of being contented with what he had prior. With Chen around, he made his world ten times better.

‘And now he will be gone...’ Xiumin bit his lips; he started to feel everything fall apart. 'I couldn't even tell him --'

After a few seconds, the silence between him and the other, Rome stood up abruptly, causing his chair that he was sitting on to screech. “Lets go.”

“H-huh?”

“Come on,” Rome started to grab a pen and paper, quickly writing something on it. “Come on, Xiumin, lets go.”

“Go where?”

Rome grabbed his cell phone, and started to head over towards the Bun. “We are going to the airport.”

“What? What for?” Xiumin felt Rome tug him harshly. “Ow, you’re hurting me --”

“I texted my friend, Jungkyun, and he works at the airport as security.” Rome started to say, as he taped the sign on the window.

Xiumin read it. ‘Will be back at 10:30am...sorry for inconvenience...’ “What is going on?”

“Flight from Korea to China...leaves in half an hour.” Rome grabbed Xiumin’s wrist. “We are heading over there, hopefully before Chen boards on.”

With that, he started to pull Xiumin to the nearby parking lot.

~

Tao and company were in the parking lot, saying their last minute goodbyes, until Baekhyun looked over to his right. His eyes widen seeing who it was.

“Is that Xiumin?” He pointed outwards, causing his friends to look at his direction that he was pointing at. Kris’ eyes widen.

“That is Xiumin with...Rome?!”

The four were shocked seeing Xiumin getting on the back of the motorcycle, while Rome started to give Xiumin a helmet.

“What the hell is going on?!” Chanyeol started to scratch his head in confusion seeing his friend with Rome.

“Well, I’m not just gunna stand here and wonder,” Kris opened the driver’s door. “Get in, we are going to follow.”

~

Joon was walking back to the parking lot, when he saw two familiar figures running towards a motorcycle. As he let his eyes adjusts, he gritted his teeth seeing that it was his former friend Rome, and Xiumin right behind him. He quickly got in his car and instructed his driver.

“Follow that motorcycle, got it?”

~

Sohee and Jiyong were at a stop light, waiting to turn to the promenade’s nearby parking lot, when Jiyong spotted Sohee’s brother.

“Isn’t that...Xiumin?”

Sohee’s head perked up, looking left and right, until seeing her brother sitting behind the person she remembered meeting that one day. Confusion started to rise. ‘What is Xiumin doing --’

“Isn’t that your brother’s friends too?” Jiyong interrupted her thought process. Sohee’s eyes widen, seeing Kris and the rest were following the car. Following was someone she also knew.

‘Joon.’

Sohee was about to speak, when her cellphone went off. She fumbled in getting it. “H-hello?” She turned around seeing the two cars following the motorcycle that had her brother on. “Wh-what was that Sunye?”

“I said, we will be performing soon, just get the food to go and bring it here.”

Sohee felt her heart beat, her gut telling her what to do. She hesitated at first; she knew what she had to do. “Sunye...I’m...I-I’m so sorry.”

Sunye raised her eyebrow; she turned away from the other girls. “What are you talking about?” She whispered into the phone. “Sohee what's wrong?”

“Something is wrong, and it’s my brother. T-Tell Haelim or Yeeun to take my parts for the song today. Please just tell the CEO that it is an emergency okay.” Sohee hanged up, not even letting Sunye speak. She turned towards Jiyong. “Make a u-turn and follow that motorcycle and the two cars following it.”

Without questioning, Jiyong did.

 --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Rome, never in his life, drove as quick as he did without a helmet. He was just surprised that none of the police even bothered; either that or luck was on their side today. He made it to the airport parking lot and quickly parked near the entrance. He quickly got off, as well as Xiumin; Rome started to pull Xiumin towards the entrance. The rest of the party did the same, following Rome’s steps.

~

Sunye bit her lip, scared of what the CEO was going to think, but she knew that family is important above all things. ‘I just hope he would understand...’

“Where is Sohee...she here now?” Sunye turned around, seeing Haelim and the rest of the girls behind her.

“It was an emergency.” She whispered.

“Emergency?” Yeeun asked for clarification. “What happened?”

“Her brother...I-I don’t know much, but we have to change gears. Yeeun, you will be singing Sohee’s parts okay?”

“Hm,” She nodded. “Okay.”

“I just hope the CEO will understand…”

Just then, the CEO of the entertainment company, came in the room where the girls were sitting. “We are about to start right now, so come -- wait,” He started to count. “Sohee...where is she?”

The girls looked at Sunye, before glancing down on the ground. “S-she had an emergency...family emergency. I’m so sorry, if we can reschedule it...that would be great --”

“I’m sorry girls...but it would be a waste...you guys can sing without her --”

“But she won’t be out of the group right? I mean, she is part of this group no matter what.” Sunye said, hoping that the CEO wouldn’t let Sohee go. The Wondergirls will always have each other no matter what.

“Hm? I wasn’t going to dismiss her...I will still give Sohee a chance.” he gave a warm smile. “Just get ready soon, warm up your vocals, because today, everyone will hear the new formed group, the Wondergirls.” he chuckled. “Who still needs to be trained and all.”

Sunye felt a wave of relief. ‘Sohee is still with us...I just hope that everything will be okay...’

~

“This way!” Rome pulled Xiumin forward, quickly as he could. They were at the point of running through the airport, with the others at tow.

“Rome, w-wait --”

“No! If we wait, then Chen will be gone!” He ran faster, pulling Xiumin along with him.

“But you are --”

“Xiumin!”

The Bun looked over his shoulder, seeing Tao and the rest of his friends quickly following him. “W-what the -- Tao?” He called back.

Rome didn’t look, but continued to go forward. He looked at the gates, going down as he kept going. ‘200 that is what Jungkyun said!' “Where is that damn ‘200’ gate?”

203

202

201

“200!!”

 --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

“Are you girls ready?” The MC of the radio station asked, before putting his headphones on. “We will do a quick talk, intro, and I’m guessing you,” he gestured to Sunye, “Will talk about the song, and then after...we will go straight to the singing portion.” He smiled. "The 'Saying I love you'."

“Okay.” Sunye replied before taking a deep breath. ‘We got this.’

 --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

The people were boarding their flight to China, and the last person ended up being Chen.

“Finally found that ticket?”

“Yeah,” Chen nervously chuckled. “It was in my bag somewhere.”

“Thankfully you found it.” The lady checked in Chen, and handed the ticket back. “Have a wonderful flight to --”

“Chen!!”

Chen immediately turned around, shocked from the scream of his name. His eyes widen, seeing Rome and Xiumin. “W-what are guys doing here?”

Rome started to breath abnormally, he pulled Xiumin in front of him. “I contacted my friend who works in the airport to check the scheduling for the departure for China.” He coughed. “I want you and Xiumin to talk first...or at least say something...I-I know you two love each other, and it would be a pain if you two didn’t say something to each other!”

By then Tao and company made it; they were shocked to see that where Rome took Xiumin finally made sense. ‘He took him to Chen?’ Chanyeol looked back and forth between his friend and the other.

Joon made his way over, but hidden himself from the group. He watched carefully as to what was going on. Passing him were Sohee and Jiyong; Sohee ran passed Tao and the others, making his way over to Xiumin.

“S-Sohee?”

“Xiumin, what are you even doing here?!” She looked over her shoulder, glaring at Rome, “Why did he take you here?” Turning back, she glared at Chen, but quickly her expression fell. ‘C-Chen looks so...different.’

“Sohee,” Xiumin pulled away from his sister, “What are you even doing here, why aren’t you with Sunye?”

“I saw you riding with him!” She pointed at Rome. “And Tao and the others, were following too! And me, being a good sister, went and followed you too.”

“Wha -- I don’t have time for this...I need to talk to Chen,” He turned to the said person, much confused as to why everyone was here. Xiumin quickly approached the other; as he was close, he quickly wrapped his arms around Chen, hugging him tightly as he could, not wanting to let him go.

Sohee was going to pull his brother back, but Jiyong stopped her. “Just wait…”

“What do you mean ‘wait’?!”

Jiyong didn’t say anything, and watched what the two were going to do. The rest of them did the same, and watched as Xiumin continued to hug the other.

 --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Chen felt his heart beating at a rapid speed. Its been a long time since he felt the other this close to him. He dropped his carry ons and slowly started to wrap his arms around the Bun’s shoulders. He missed this.

He heard Xiumin mumble some words that were incoherent. “What was that?”

Xiumin pulled back, eyes watering. “Don’t go.”

‘D-Don’t go…’ “Xiumin --”

“Just don’t go -- ” Xiumin hugged Chen once again, feeling warm radiate from the other. He missed this. “Chen, I’m…I-I’m,” he started to choke up. “I didn’t know that being without would hurt this much. What I think is right and wrong is so messed up right now, but for some reason, without near me, I don’t feel that warmth anymore...I don’t feel happy. I feel empty,” he hugged him tightly. “It hurts so much, and I always tell my mind that...w-what happened, is wrong...completely, but my heart is now telling me otherwise.”

Chen bit his lip hard, trying his best not to let his tears fall. He cried too much; too much to even count.

Xiumin pulled back once more, placing his hands on Chen cheeks; his vision blurry, yet he knew what he was doing. He leaned up, letting their lips touch. It took a couple seconds, before Xiumin gently pulled away.

He knew that it was time to say the words that he waited to say.

“I love you.”

Chen felt his world spinning. It took seconds before Chen spoke. “Y-You...love me --”

“I know that without you, I feel empty!” Xiumin pulled away, wiping his chin from the tears that were falling from his eyes. “It took me the longest time to even realize it now, but...b-but I do love you...so much.” Xiumin started to cry like a child; his voice trembled as he tried to continue to speak. “I-I forgive you already for what you did..I just want you by my side! Please, don’t go -- you already gotten into the university right? You can stay with me and Sohee, don’t --”

“Xiumin, stop,” Chen placed his hands on Xiumin’s wetten cheeks. The Bun tried to do what the other was telling him, but his tears continued to fall. Chen bit his lips before he spoke. “It makes me extremely happy that you…you said those words to me, but --”

‘But…?’

“-- I don’t know...I don’t know if I can actually forgive myself for doing that.” Xiumin’s eyes widen. “I’m sorry, Xiumin, but I don’t think it would be...wise for us to be together.”

“What?!”

“Xiumin, don’t yell --”

“You are saying that you don’t --”

“Xiumin stop!” Everyone stood still, shocked at Chen raising his voice. Chen shakely exhaled out. “I’m happy that you return your feelings for me, but I just can’t forgive myself for what I have done towards you. I-I just...I just can’t forget what happened, and it still hurts me. I just don’t feel that I should be with you right now --”

“S-So, you…you don’t love me at all then...anymore.” Xiumin started to feel that everything was falling apart. Chen didn’t want him anymore, but he needed him.

“I didn’t say that, Xiumin. I just…” Chen sighed; he really didn’t know how to explain it. “I’m sorry Xiumin, but this will be for the best.” Xiumin tried to speak, but Chen shook his head. “Xiumin, please don’t...I just don’t think you understand right now --”

“Me not understanding?! How can you even say that to me! You are the one that isn’t understanding me!”

With a sigh escaping from his lips, Chen slowly picked up his carry ons; he had to go. “I’m sorry, Xiumin...maybe someone will love you more, and treat you more with respect unlike I did. I just can’t forgive myself.” He blinked and tears started to fall from his own eyes. Those that stood around, couldn’t comprehend what Chen was even trying to say, especially Rome. He thought that it would go different. He thought that Chen and Xiumin would be together and everything will be okay.

‘This is not how I imagined it would be.’ Rome felt himself exhale slowly.

Chen rubbed his eyes with his free hand. With a deep inhale and slow exhale, he continued. “I’m sorry Xiumin, this is probably the best...but I do love you --”

“No you don’t! If you loved me, you would stay here!!”

“Sir, the flight is about to leave,” The lady behind Chen informed him. “I’m sorry, but you are holding up the plane…”

Chen glanced back over to Xiumin; he knew that what he was doing was killing him and Xiumin, but he just couldn’t forgive himself. Everytime he sees Xiumin, thoughts of what he did comes rushing back in his mind, and he hates it.

“I’m sorry, Xiumin...I do love you, but I just hope you can forgive me.” He started to turn around, ready to board in the plane, when he felt Xiumin, back hugging him tightly.

“No! You can’t! Chen! P-Please don’t leave me!” Xiumin started to cry more; Chen tried his best to turn around, but with Xiumin hugging him tightly, it was hard for him to do so. "I do forgive --"

“Sohee,” Chen called out. “Please, I have to go.”

Sohee hesitated, but Chen called out again. She snapped from their thoughts, and quickly made her way over to Xiumin, pulling him back. The older Bun fought with his sister, telling her to release him. Sohee hugged her brother tight, as Tao and the rest came rushing over to Xiumin’s side.

As Joon watched from afar, he felt his heart clench, for once. Xiumin was crying out for Chen to stay.

Chen started to slowly walk backwards towards the gate. His tears fell; he really hated seeing Xiumin cry. He hated the way Xiumin reached out for him. He hated what he was doing, but another part of him also hated what he did to Xiumin. For that, he couldn’t forgive himself. He promised himself that he would protect Xiumin no matter what from the Five. Instead, he became one, and hurt the Bun instead. He bit his lip, and started to board the plane.

“Chen!” Xiumin called out, almost to the point of screaming. He tried to chase after him, but his sister, Kris and Chanyeol held him back. His eyes widen, seeing the door close in front of him. Chen was gone.

Sohee hugged her brother tightly, trying her best to calm him, yet the wails continued. She hated seeing her brother cry; she was at the point of crying herself.

“I finally told him what I felt...I told him that I loved him, and now he is gone!” Xiumin covered his face with his hands, continuing to cry in front of everyone. Tao bit his lip, feeling horrible.

‘Is this what my chest was feeling...this was the horrible event...’

Rome shook his head; he turned around, feeling himself wanting to cry. ‘This is...not what I hoped for...’

Sohee pulled her brother in, hugging him tightly as the two sat on the floor of the airport.

As the rest waited for Xiumin to calm down, the voice of Yeeun singing their song, 'Saying I Love You', through the airport’s public radio echoed. Xiumin broke once again.

“I love you.”


 --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Eh...it was okay......comment if you like & as always, sorry for any mistakes.

one more chapter then the end.

cameo(s):

^ this guy....if you squint, he looks like Luhan lol