The Bun who thought the confessions stopped

saying i love you

An alarm rang in Xiumin’s room; the teen groaned and rolled in his bed, facing the wall where the window was. He ce more and lifted his hand to find the alarm clock that was blasting TVXQ’s “Catch Me” on his bed side table. Once he found the snooze button, he sighed in relief and went back to bed.
Next thing the teen knew he was on the floor.

“Ow!” Xiumin rubbed his head and turned over so he was on his stomach. “Sohee!”

The girl stood in front of him, hands on hips, shaking her head at Xiumin. “Time to get up brother!” She pointed at his alarm clock. “It is already 7:15! Hurry or we will be late for the bu--”

“What?!” Xiumin jumped up from the floor and ran passed his younger sister to the bathroom. Sohee rolled her eyes and exited her older brother’s room.

Within a few minutes, Xiumin leaped out of the bathroom, to his room, changing to his uniform as fast as he can. “4 minutes? New record!” Xiumin huffed as he glanced at his alarm clock. He gathered his school supplies and placed them in his bag; he grabbed his cell phone and wallet, rushing out of his room and down the stairs, almost tripping in the process. Sohee walked out of the kitchen with a fried egg on a piece of toast.

“Is that -”

“Yes it’s yours. Let’s go!” Sohee said as she placed the toast in her brother’s hand and tugged him out of the house. She locked the door and both of them started to walk to the public bus stop.

“Do you have your lunch?”

Sohee nodded, while she tried to fix her bow on her head. “I have it. What about you?”

“I forgot mine.”

“What?” She stopped. “Then let’s go back --”

“It’s fine.” Xiumin waved off. “I’ll just ask one of my friends for a bite.”

“Do you want half of my sandwich?”

Xiumin shook his head. “No, that’s okay.” He smiled at his sister. “Eat it okay.”

The two continued to walk down the neighborhood street until they hit the main road, where they walked to the public bus stop. Xiumin checked his watch and it was already 7:30. ‘Good pace…it takes 15 minutes to get to Sohee’s and it takes 5 to get to mine…if I run I will be able to make it early.’ The boy nodded and rested his head on the window.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Once they reached their destination, they both got off and started to walk. Xiumin huffed a bit; he sometimes disliked it that their school was quite a ways. He preferred his school in China, since it was accompanied with a school bus with, of course, his friends.

Both Xiumin and Sohee were born in China, living a great life until their parents’ jobs required them to go to Korea, their parents’ homeland. Just recently, their parents were sent to Europe due to their job. Instead of moving their children along with them, they let them stay in Korea, while they were in Europe. They both trusted their children and they promised not to wreak any havoc while they were away. Xiumin, being a good older bother, always made sure that his sister was doing well in school and ridding away any boys that come near her; when it comes to his sister, he always puts her first.

“Okay, Sohee…make sure you listen to your teacher. And eat your lunch okay?” Xiumin said as he fixed her bow again. They were now in front of JYP college prep high school, the school that Sohee attends to. Xiumin was very proud that day when his sister was accepted to the college prep school; he wanted what was best for his sister. “Alright?”

“Yes, I know.”

Xiumin chuckled. “Good.” As Sohee was walking to the gate entrance, she turned back and waved goodbye to her brother and quickly went inside.

Xiumin continued to walk to his school, SM high school, which he ended up jogging. He wanted to be early, hoping to get some extra sleep.

‘Please let this year be different.’

Xiumin sighed; He hoped that no one this year will be doing any confessions. 3 years already with ‘I love you!’ and ‘This is love at first sight!’ stuff was irritating Xiumin. He especially 5 certain male students that wouldn’t stop coming after him. Xiumin has dubbed those 5 male students as the Courting 5. Ever since freshman year, they wouldn’t stop coming after him.

‘They should know by now. Why can’t they just freakin’ give up. I mean…come on.’

Xiumin shook his head and rubbed his eye a bit. He soon was approaching his school’s gate and groaned a bit. ‘Here we go.’

As he was maneuvering his way through the students, he felt someone slung their arm around his shoulder.

‘What the?’

Xiumin ly to narrow his eyes.

“Rome…get your arm off of me!”

Xiumin tried his best to get his arm off, but Rome wouldn’t have it. The first courter out of five, Rome, the most athletic among the courters. Most of the student body can approach Rome, due to his cheerful and kind personality. Sadly for the ladies and some gentlemen in the school, he only has eyes on a certain person, and it just happens to be Xiumin.

“Why would I want to do that?” He started to form a sad puppy face. Xiumin rolled his eyes.

“Like that would work on me.” He shoved Rome a bit and started to walk faster, but only to be grabbed by the wrist and  whipped around; the more Xiumin got irritated.

“Get. Your. Hands. Off. Of. My. Waist.” He gritted every word, but Rome chuckled.

“Has anyone --”

“Told me that I looked freakin’ cute when I am angry? Yes, mostly from you. Now let me go!”

Xiumin pushed him a bit, but Rome wouldn’t budge.

‘Times like this…’ Xiumin huffed. He punched him in the stomach, making Rome release his grasp of the Bun. Xiumin took the opportunity to escape; he ran fast, not even looking back, fearing that Rome might be on his trail. He spotted a tree and quickly made his way to it.

Xiumin took deep breaths and coughed a bit. ‘That is my exercise for the week!’ He peaked and noticed that Rome was running, looking for him, but pasted by Xiumin’s hiding spot. ‘Ha! er!’

Satisfied, he ly to jump when he saw another that made Xiumin groaned. ‘Damn it!’

“Good morning my little Bun!”

“Whatever Joon.” Xiumin tried to walk past him, but Joon ended up blocking his way. “Seriously. I don’t have time for this.” Joon, courter number 2; a sweet talker and one of the well off kids in the school. Even though he could have anyone in the school, he would rather make the little Bun his.

“Well, then can I,” He started to lean forward, only to make Xiumin lean back, hitting his head against the tree. “Get one --”

“Nope.”

Xiumin slapped him hard across the face, giving him access to escape from Joon’s grasp. Joon smirked and wiped a little bit of blood that came from the corner of his mouth.

"That was hard." He chuckled.

Xiumin ran fast once again to the school’s field. He went straight to the bleachers and hid under the stands.

‘I just want senior year to be normal!! Stupid Rome…stupid Joon!’

Xiumin tried his best to regain his breathing; while looking down at the grass, he saw a soccer ball approaching his feet. He noticed that it wasn’t any ordinary soccer ball; it has the words ‘Lulu’ on it.

‘Oh…crap.’

“Minnie!!”

Xiumin groaned and looked up to see his 3rd courter, Luhan, the adorable Chinese boy that everyone is very fond of. Despite the fact that he looks innocent in front of everyone, he was not as innocent as everyone makes him out to be. When Xiumin first met him, he was just a shy Chinese transfer student, but as the months progressed, he realized who Luhan really was; a erted boy. It is always the ones that looks innocent, who turn out to be really erted people.

Luhan lunged himself at Xiumin, wrapping his arms around him.

“I missed Minnie! A whole lot! Did Minnie miss Luhan?!”

Xiumin tried to release Luhan’s grip on him, but the Chinese boy had a strong grip. “L-Luhan! Can’t breathe!”

Luhan released his grip and smiled cutely at the Bun. “Minnie missed me huh? More than Rome? More than Joon right?”

Xiumin rolled his eyes. ‘How can anyone stand this kid! He isn’t even innocent!’ He groaned and soon realized that Luhan hooked his fingers through Xiumin’s pant loops, pulling him closer to the Chinese boy.

“H-hey! What are you doing?!”

“What?” Luhan blinked innocently, leaning close to the Bun. “I’m not doing any--”

The bell rang, making Xiumin relieved. “That’s the bell! Gotta go!” He backed up and quickly made his way to the gym. Luhan stared as the Bun quickly left, chukling as he picked up his soccer ball.

'So cute!' With that, Luhan left and made his way to his backpack that was tossed on the side.

Xiumin opened the door and rushed through, not wanting to be late for class, especially on his first day. He opened the main door, only to bump into someone.

“, sorry about that…oh…you.” Xiumin grumbled a bit as he stared at another courter in front of him; courter number 4, Zico, the baddest boy out of the 5.

“Well, well,” Zico smirked and walked forward making Xiumin back up against the wall. “How was my Bun’s summer vacation? It was horrible for me…I wasn’t able to see you.” He displayed a sad smile.

“Yeah yeah, like I haven’t heard that.” Xiumin walked pasted him, out of the gym. “These guys really need to stop…crap!” Xiumin picked up his pace as he checked his watch; he headed up the stairs to his first period class. ‘I’m going to be freakin’ la--’

The Bun accidentally bumped into another person, resulting him to fall backwards on the steps. Luckily, the was caught before he could fall.

“T-thank you so much for…ah .”

Xiumin hoped that he wasn't.

“Oh, Xiumin.”

The person pulled Xiumin closer so he wouldn’t fall.

“How are you?”

Kyumin, the last courter is the smartest out of the 5. Gentlemen like, clean cut, and what some of the female student body would want to date, and some of the male student body wish they could be, however, like Luhan, his outside appearance is not what people make him out to be. Xiumin grabbed Kyumin’s arm, away from his waist. The Bun didn’t even respond back to the last courter, and booked it to his classroom.

‘Seriously? Why won’t they just stop?!’

None of the Courting 5 has given up on the beauty and since it was their last year in SM high school, they were ever more determined to make the Bun theirs. Nothing, not even each other would stand in their way.

--- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiumin made it to his classroom in time; he spotted his two best friends sitting near by the window. The one with curlier hair waved at him and Xiumin couldn’t help, but wave back.

“Hey guys.”

“You sound tired.” The one with curlier hair said. “Ran into the Courting 5?”

Xiumin threw his backpack on the floor and took his seat. “Yeah.” He scratched his head furiously. “Why can’t I just have a nice last high school year? Is that too much to ask? These 5 have been at me since freshman year!”

“It’s ‘cuz you are just too adorable.” The curlier haired one said, pinching his cheek, chuckling.

“Stop it Chanyeol…and let go of my cheek! I don’t like it when people do that!”

“Chanyeol stop it.”

The curlier haired one, Chanyeol, pouted and lowered his hand from Xiumin’s cheeks. The Bun rubbed his cheek and sighed in relief.

“Thank you Kris.”

Both Chanyeol and Kris were stepbrothers and have known Xiumin since they were freshman in SM High School. They, along with their love interests, have helped Xiumin get through his 3 years of high school; he was thankful to have friends like them.

“You know…I’m surprised that after all these years…you are still here.” Kris leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms. “After all, you punched…slapped…most of the males that said: ‘I fell for you Xiumin! At first sight!!’”

Xiumin shrugged. “I dunno…I’m still wondering myself why I haven’t been caught or anything.”

“Maybe,” Chanyeol sat on top of his desk, feet propped up on his seat. “It is because if they don’t want you to leave you know?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know…ah…hm, like if they told on you to the principal, you could have been…I dunno, suspended or worse expelled for multiple punches and slaps towards them. You know how the school strongly dislikes violence. If you leave they would they would be oh so sad.” Chanyeol pouted, resulting Xiumin to roll his eyes.

“Wish I could leave. Those 5 won’t just leave me alone, even though I told them.” He sighed. “I want to have one year that it is normal. No Courting 5 coming after me...just one year that is normal.”

“Normal is boring though!” Chanyeol said. “A little excitement would be nice…yeah?”

Xiumin rested his chin on his hands. “I little one…I guess…I dunno.” He looked out the window and sighed. ’I want to get out of here.’

Xiumin laid his head on his desk. ‘5 minutes Xiumin…just 5 minutes.’ Like every other student, they were groaning on how summer vacation ended too fast and how they wanted to go back to sleep.

The second final bell rang and the students shuffled their way to their seats. The teacher came in with his bag and books at hand. The students knew that he was brand new and hoped that he wasn’t like the others at the school. The teacher placed his contents on his desk and turned around to write on the white board, which turned out to be his name.

“Good morning students.”

“Good morning Mr. Bang.” The students said in unison. The teacher chuckled; he informed them that it was alright to call him by his first name.

“Really?” One of the students said. “We can call you…” The student looked at the board again. “Yongguk then?”

The teacher nodded, while the students high fived each other. “Yup. Feels weird when people say Mr. Bang.” He scratched his cheek. “Anyway, I was informed that we will be having a new student joining and he is from China. Cool huh?”

On cue, the transfer barged in; earning gasp from the students and making Xiumin look up from his desk, groaning at the sudden noise.

“I’m sorry that I am late!” He bowed at Yongguk, and then turned towards the students. “I’m Kim Jongdae! I'm Korean, but I moved to China when I was young...and I recently moved back to Korea! But I'm used to everyone calling me Chen...so you guys can call me Chen as well! Or which ever…I don’t….” Chen trailed off when he spotted Xiumin sitting near the window. Xiumin furrowed his brow, questioning why he was staring at him, but realized what was happening.

‘Oh god. No…no…no -- ‘

“You!” Chen pointed at Xiumin, making everyone turn to face him. Xiumin went wide eyed and lowered himself in his seat. Chen smiled. “I swear you are the most beautiful person I have ever seen! I think cupid struck me!”

‘Oh shi--’

“This is love at first sight!”

Xiumin slammed his head on his desk.

‘Son of a…not again.’

Yongguk and Chen looked at Xiumin with a worried expressions, besides Chanyeol, Kris, and the other students.

“Is he…okay?” Yongguk asked.

“Oh yeah he is fine. He is --”

“On his period.” Chanyeol joked, earning himself a glare from the Bun and from his stepbrother. “I mean he is just…he is okay.”

“All right then. Um, Chen…you can…there is  an extra seat right here up on the front.”

Chen nodded and made his way to his desk. 

While Yongguk prepared to teach, Kris leaned over to Xiumin.

“Instead of the Courting 5...make it 6.”

Xiumin groaned and looked up at the front of the class, only to see the transfer waving at him. The Bun rolled his eyes and looked away.

‘I really want to go home now.’

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

And...here we go~

Mistakes = I'm sorry ; u ;