The Bun is distressed, while the Scorpion is at a loss

saying i love you

The four didn’t hesitate and quickly made their way to Xiumin and Sohee’s house. Once they arrived, Sohee opened the door, widening it for them to come in.

“Sohee, what happened -- whoa, what happened to him?” Chanyeol pointed at Jiyong, who was holding onto a pack of frozen peas, sitting at the bottom of the steps. “Dude…”

“Yeah, when you called me,” Kris started. “We didn’t hesitate to come here.”

Sohee didn’t answer, but headed straight to the living room, making the four follow, plus Jiyong. As the four sat down on the couch, Jiyong took the barcalounger. “I want to know,” Sohee started. “Why my brother was being forced upon by Chen today.”

The four widen their eyes at the statement. “W-what?” Baekhyun said. “F-Forced?”

Sohee started to explain what happened, which caused the others to be surprised that Chen would do such a thing. “What the hell is going on.” Sohee cursed, which the four weren’t used to hearing from Sohee. “I want to know why, coming home from school, to hear my brother scream for help. Huh? And Jiyong had to pull him off and force him out of my house.” She bit her lip. “I had to tend to those bruises and bite marks that Xiumin has.”

“Sohee, we...we are confused as you are.” Tao said. “C-Chen wouldn’t do something like this!”

“Then why did he do it? I trusted him so much...I believed that he would be a great match for my brother. For once, my brother can think of himself, rather than someone else. I wanted him to be happy. Now that I see this…” She sighed. “Reason why I called you guys here is just to inform you four about what happened. Since I don’t the same school as you guys...I don’t want Chen to be near my brother, got it?”

“Sohee…” Chanyeol started. “Look, lets just calm down --”

“Calm down?” Anger started to rise. “How can you tell me to calm down when my brother was being ually assaulted, in mid-afternoon, in our own damn house!” Sohee started to feel tears running from her round cheeks; tears for her brother. “I don’t want him near my brother...you got that!” She wiped her chin with the back of her hand. ‘X-Xiumin was right...a-about guys then...’ She glanced at Jiyong, who was looking down at his lap, still resting the frozen pack of peas on his cheek. ‘But thanks to Jiyong...he was able to pull that bastard off from my brother...there are still some guys that are nice’ “You should be glad that I didn’t call the police on this...according to Xiumin...Chen was about to...but he didn’t...since Jiyong pulled him off way before he could literally penetrate him.”

The four were still shocked about the news. Chen didn’t look like that type that would hurt Xiumin. They knew that he liked him, loved him even, and this was like being hit by a bus. It just didn’t resonate when them. In the midst of their own minds, Kris started to feel a horrible feeling in his stomach. Thoughts going back to when Chen spoke with him and Chanyeol; he remembered how they told him about their first times with their Loves, and how it ended up being way too fast. Kris started to wonder if they also played a part in Chen’s actions; that what they said, might have triggered something in Chen’s mind to go and take Xiumin, but that is not what they intended for it to be.  

‘.’ Kris started to feel ashamed. ‘We were part of this...’

“So, please guys,” Sohee said once again. “I don’t want Chen near my brother.”

The four respected Sohee’s wishes, and were given the task of not letting the other near their friend. “Can we see him?” Baekhyun asked, standing up from the couch. “I just want to check up on him.”

“I prefer that you don’t…” Sohee said. “I hope that you understand...it took me awhile to put him to bed…”

“I-I see,” Baekhyun nodded. “O-okay…”

“There might be a chance that he won’t go to school tomorrow...so, I’ll be here all day. You guys can visit him then.”

“We will.” Tao nodded.

Sohee nodded, letting out a shaky sigh. “Do you want us to stay here?” Kris asked. “We, well...Chanyeol and I, we have no problem sleeping over.” Chanyeol nodded in agreement. “We just have to go back home, get our stuff and come back.”

“That won’t be necessary.” She gestured towards Jiyong. “Besides, Jiyong is going to stay.”

The towering brothers glanced over at Jiyong, seeing how bruised and exhausted he is. “Sohee,” Chanyeol started. “He looks like he is going to pass out here. He has to go home...get some rest...his parents might be worried too. Kris and I will stay.” He turned over to Tao and Baekhyun. “And you two will go home as well.”

“W-what?” Tao raised his eyebrow. “Why can’t we stay?”

“We got this.” Kris interjected. “Just, go home, and we will see you two tomorrow. Besides, this ‘new’ Chen...he might come back and do something worse, and I won’t have it with you being here and getting hurt.”

“I’m not a weak person.” Tao said. “I can take care of myself just fine...Baekhyun too.”

“True, but I would feel better if you were at home safe. Besides, what if Chen brings...brings a gun here huh?”

“Chen wouldn’t do that --”

“Well, we don’t know...right?” Kris said with a serious tone. Tao bit the inside of his cheek, before giving a nod. “Thank you.” He then turned to Sohee, informing her that they will bring Jiyong home, and drop off the two, before going home to get their things.

“Jiyong’s car is here...he drove me.” Sohee said.

“Then tomorrow, after school, we will pick him up and drive him back here, so he can take his car.” Sohee nodded. “Tell him to get ready --”

“Erm,” Jiyong spoke. “C-Can I...s-sorry, but can I rest for a bit?” He asked, very much tired. Kris nodded, earning a thank you from the other.

“And we will be outside waiting.” With that, the four exited the house, while Sohee got Jiyong ready.

As the four exited, Kris turned towards his brother, telling him what he thought about the incident. It just so happened that Baekhyun overheard. “Wait,” He turned around, fully facing them. “What did you say?”

“Huh?” Both said, surprised that Baekhyun heard them.

Baekhyun eyed them. “I heard you,” He pointed at Kris. “Saying something about talking with Chen and tying this incident up with it.” Tao was taken back at what the other said, that he started to stare at Kris. “Something is going on here.” Baekhyun made a circle with his index finger. “What did you mean that what you told Chen is tied up with this huh?”

“It’s nothing.” Kris waved off.

“No,” Baekhyun moved to the side, blocking Kris’ way. “I’m intrigued with this now.”

“It is nothing.” Kris said, but when he tried to move to the side, Baekhyun crossed his path. “Baekhyun --”

“No. I guess we aren’t moving then.”

It started to frustrate Kris, causing him to run his hand through his hair. “Okay, fine.” He hated to explain it, but he just had to. He cursed himself for talking to loud, making Baekhyun hear what he was saying. Kris started to explain from the beginning, Chen coming over to their house, talking about his problem that he was having concerning with Xiumin and what Joon said, and even the part where Chen asked if he and Chanyeol did ‘it’ already with them.

Baekhyun and Tao, no doubt, bore shocked expressions. “Y-You did not just…” Baekhyun’s jaw dropped when Kris and Chanyeol glanced down on the ground with shamed expressions. “What the actual ?!” He punched Chanyeol on the shoulder. “The hell are you telling people about our life huh?” He said with redden cheeks. “That is private!!”

“I-I didn’t think that it would be...a problem that would turn out like this!” Chanyeol defended himself. “I-I didn’t think that it would matter that much!”

“Why didn’t you lie instead?! Oh my god -- Chanyeol, this is embarrassing! Even if Chen is our friend, you just don’t go around and tell your buddies and exchange information about your life!” Baekhyun started to pace around, feeling humiliated.

“It’s not like I yelled it on the rooftop at school!” Chanyeol said. “Baekhyun you are making this way too big than it has to be!”

“Chanyeol you -- “

“Wait a minute,” Tao interjected. “You...since you told Chen that...that you had...intimate relationships with us...it must’ve broughten his spirits down a bit...plus with what Joon said...he must’ve thought going at a fast pace was the right thing to do.” He glanced at the two. “You were...you two were part in Chen’s actions?”

“N-no! We...we were being honest with him and we just answered his questions --” Kris wasn’t able to finish due to Tao’s interruption.

“You knew what was going on with Chen, and you knew that he was going through problems with Xiumin...you two just added more fuel to his fire! You should’ve lied to him!” Tao started to get angry. “You two should have lied, saying that we haven’t done anything yet. At least he would have thought that since his four friend are in love, they waited for the right moment.”

“B-but that is going to be a lie --”

“I know Chanyeol!” Tao yelled causing him to flinch. “I know that! But if a lie will help Chen restrain himself from doing it then so be it! You two didn’t help. You filled his head with worry that Xiumin doesn’t love him at all and that is the only way to go! You two added fuel to what Joon started!” Tao started to breath heavily; Kris has never heard Tao raise his voice that way before. Sure, fights here and there, but this was the first for him to hear Tao scold them. He started to approach him, but was faced with a slap across the cheek. “Do not come near me. I am really furious with you.” He said with anger in his voice.

“T-Tao --”

“No.” Tao grabbed Baekhyun’s hand. “He and I are going to take the bus. Take Jiyong home.” With that, he started to drag Baekhyun along with him, before he made a stop. “You know,” Tao turned around to face the towering brothers. “I actually didn’t expect you both to do something so stupid...maybe Chanyeol,” He turned to Baekhyun mumbling ‘sorry’ that he called his boyfriend stupid, in which the other didn’t reply. “But not you.” He stared at his own boyfriend. “You are smarter than that.”

“Tao,” Kris started again. “I didn’t know that --”

“You knew...and you could have said something different...to prevent Chen for doing this. Tonight, Xiumin could have been fully by him. I am angry that you didn’t think this thoroughly.” The taller lowered his head on the ground, not wanting to see Tao’s disapproved eyes. “If this was something to make your ego’s big...it was dumb of you two. What goes between me and you, Kris, is private. Especially, intimacy...especially that.”

Chanyeol tighten his lips; he knew that Tao was right on that. “Baekhyun, I --”

Baekhyun started to walk forward, not even looking back at Chanyeol. Tao sighed, and started to follow Baekhyun. Soon, they were gone. The towering brothers knew that Tao was right; they knew that what they did was wrong, and they should have lied. They should have persuaded Chen to be patient and wait for when Xiumin was ready to say those three words to him. Even continue to say to him that was something to wait on, when both parties are ready to do it. However, with Joon’s words and taunt, they really did just add fuel to the fire, causing Chen to freak and to burst.

The door behind them opened, Sohee helping out Jiyong outside. “Sorry guys...that it took so long.” She said. “He is ready now...and he just called his parents and told them everything.”

“Okay.” Kris said softly.

Sohee raised her eyebrow. “Kris...something wrong?”

He shook his head. “No.” He informed his brother to help out Jiyong, while he got the car ready. Sohee watched, as the three headed towards the car. She sighed, before returning back inside.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

After the incident, Chen went back to house, all shaken up. He was disgusted with himself, ashamed. When he barged in his house, it scared both his parents no doubt. They called out to him, asking what was wrong, but he didn’t respond. Immediately, he went straight to his room; he started to pace back and forth, brushing his hair back. His mind started to replay what happened those hours ago.

Images of a crying Xiumin filled his mind, calling out to him to stop what he was doing. He started to chant that he was sorry, but he knew that it wouldn’t work. What is done, is done.

Soon, tears started to fall from his eyes. Even up ‘till now, at 8pm at night, he was in his room, laying on his back on his bed, staring at nothing, but the ceiling. Chen’s eyes were puffy, red, and strained from the amount of tears falling from his eyes. Whatever he does, the image of Xiumin screaming did not, and could not, leave his mind.

‘Xiumin...I’m so sorry...’ He closed his eyes. ‘Please...please, forgive me. Please...’

“Chen.”

Immediately, his eyes shot open. He quickly sat up, only to put his hand on his head. ‘Ow…’ “Y-yeah, mom?”

The door opened, revealing his mother. “Chen…” Chen was just not in the mood to talk. All he wanted to figure out a way to apologize to Xiumin. “Chen, what happened?”

“Nothing mom, I just don't want to talk right now.”

“Well, okay, but,” She made her way to the foot of Chen’s bed. “Your...father and I have some news…”

“About what?” Chen rubbed his eyes.

“Hm...Jongdae,” Chen immediately looked at his mother, knowing something in the back of his head that something was wrong. “We...are moving.”

“Oh...moving. To a different house?”

“Moving...to another country.”

Chen raised his eyebrow. “What?”

“Chen we are going back to China. Dad got transferred again.”

‘No...no, no, no --’ “What about my university?!” He got up from the bed, now standing up. “Please tell me that I’m staying here in Korea.”

His mother tighten her lips. “Chen, you know about the money...do you think you will be able to live here by yourself? Those small jobs won't help pay with everything you know. Plus, I won’t go for that...neither does dad --”

“But I’m…I’m gunna be an adult by then! I can take care of myself!”

“Enough, Jongdae, besides the university that you are attending, it is a sister school with the one in China. You will be fine with credits transferring, and since the house is close to the school, you can stay --”

“No!” Chen shook his head. It was the worst time for something like this to be brought up. “No, no, this cannot happen right now. No.”

“Jongdae --”

“No!” ‘I-I can’t leave!!’

“Jongdae,” She stood up. “This is final.” With that, she left her son’s room, leaving her son in shock.

Chen shakily sat on his bed, trying to process the information in his head. ‘H-How am I gunna tell Xiumin?!’ He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, starting to feel his world crumbling.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

“Thanks guys for coming.” Sohee beamed. “Um, I’m sure that you guys can fit in Xiumin’s room.”

“Xiumin...how --”

“He is fine...for now.” Sohee sighed. “He is still sleeping actually.”

“Ah.” Chanyeol nodded. “Alright…”

“Um, I made some food for you two...it’s in the kitchen.”

“Thanks, Sohee.”

“I’ll be in my room doing my assignments. If you need anything, just tell me okay?”

“Sure.”

With that, Sohee nodded her head, and started to make her way up stairs. She was about to walk to her room, when she stepped a couple steps back. She laid her hand against Xiumin’s door, biting her lips. ‘Just a quick look...’ Sohee opened the door, seeing her brother still sounds a sleep. She entered, closing the door behind her as gently as possible. ‘Chen...why would he do this...they looked so perfect together, and...and -- hm, just why...’ She thought, as she approached Xiumin; she sat on the floor, resting her chin on the bed. ‘Xiumin...’ With her right hand, she gently took her brother’s hand, the top of his hand with her thumb. ‘Don’t worry Xiumin...I asked Kris and the others to look after you...I’ll make sure Chen won’t get near you...how dare he do this to you...’

Meanwhile, Kris and Chanyeol started to eat what Sohee provided for them. However, neither of them has an appetite. Both were thinking the same thing, especially what Tao has said to them. “W-we are pretty dumb huh?” Chanyeol said in a hush tone. “Tao was right...we should have discarded Chen’s question ya know? Then, he wouldn’t do this…”

“Hm.”

“W-What do we do with Chen?”

“We do what Sohee requested...keep him away from Xiumin.”

“B-but --”

“Chanyeol...look what Chen did...it surprised everyone that he would do this...I didn’t even expect Chen to go do something like this. For sure, most of it was Joon’s idea…” He sighed. “Just like Tao said...we just added more fuel to it. We are also to blame.”

Chanyeol sighed; resting his elbows on the table, while letting his head fall to his hands. “What about Baekhyun and Tao...what would...how are we gunna get them to forgive us. I mean, don’t you think that they were taking it way too seriously? It was just the 3 of us...it wasn’t like I would expose your intimacy with Tao with everyone at school or vice versa --”

“Still...Tao was right about that too...it was something private.”

“But we are guys! Who cares?!”

Kris started to rub his temple with his hands. “Chanyeol, it is just a private matter between two people alright. What we did was something idiotic...we should have thought clearly about it, okay.” He gave his brother a serious gaze. “Just drop it, alright.”

Chanyeol bit the inside of his cheek. “Fine, whatever.”

“Think of it this way, if I exposed your intimacy with Baekhyun to everyone...everyone at school, you might feel like the king of the world, but Baekhyun wouldn’t. Okay, he would feel embarrassed because that is something kept between you and him. Got it?”

“Okay, okay...I get it.” He leaned back in his seat. “I get it.”

The two sat in silence for a while, not even touching the good provided. It wasn’t until Chanyeol spoke in regards to Chen. “Seriously...who would have thought...Chen...do you think he was in with the Five?”

“What do you mean?” Kris raised his eyebrow.

“I mean...what if Chen made a bet with the Five, and everything...everything that happened in the past months were staged? You know what I mean? What if he is actually friends with the Five --”

“Chanyeol, that is way...way too out there...I don’t think Chen was friends with the Five.”

“It was just a thought...it could have been.”

“Could have, but I highly doubt it.”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin immediately opened his eyes, breathing abnormally; he trembled as he tried to sit right up on his bed. ‘J-Just a bad dream...just a bad dream...’ Again, Xiumin was remember the incident with Chen that happened hours ago. ‘Hm...’ He placed his hand on his forehead, feeling a headache coming on; the crying wore him out, and was now giving him a headache.

He jumped a bit when he heard a snoring coming from his floor. He grabbed his cell phone, unlocking it to get a bit of light in. As Xiumin shined it over, he saw Kris and Chanyeol sleeping peacefully on the floor. ‘What the...’ Not wanting to ask, he locked his phone, placing it back on the bedside table.

‘4am...’ Xiumin rubbed his eyes, as he laid back on the bed. His lips started to tremble when todays events started to reel back again in his mind. ‘Why Chen...I-I thought he was different...’ The Bun turned towards the side, away from his two friends sleeping on the floor. ‘W-Was it because I couldn’t say those words to him? Was he mad at me?’ He frowned. ‘It must be it...’ Xiumin let out a shaky exhale. ‘He couldn’t wait...’

He looked over his shoulder, seeing his two tall friends sleeping. ‘Why are they here?’ With a shake of his head, he tried his best to return back to sleep.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

The next morning, Kris and Chanyeol woke up to their alarms that were ringing on their phone. Chanyeol blinked a couple of times, before actually sitting up, and turning off his cell phone. He turned to the side to see that Xiumin’s bed was all neatly made. ‘Hu?’ He leaned over to the side, nudging Kris, and telling him to get up.

“Hm?”

“Xiumin isn’t here.”

“Hm?!” Kris sat up, looking at the bed, to see in fact that Xiumin wasn’t there. “He is probably getting ready or is down stairs.”

“I’ll go check.” Chanyeol got up, giving himself a stretch or two before heading out. Once in the hallway, he made his way down the stairs; he entered the kitchen, nodding his head to know that he found Xiumin with his sister. “Good morning.”

“Morning.” Sohee gave a small smile. “Breakfast.” She gestured towards the table.

“Ah, thank you.” Chanyeol hummed in happiness when smelling the delicious waffles and bacon.

“Why were you and Kris sleeping in my room?” Xiumin asked in a dull tone.

“U-uh,” The taller glanced over at Sohee, who gave a look that she didn’t tell him yet why they were here. “Ah, for...for protection.”

“Protection?”

“Xiumin...don’t you remember what Chen did to you?” He asked, sitting down. “We were scared, and it was requested by Sohee that we stay and...protect both of you if Chen ever comes back.”

Xiumin tighten in lips, glancing down at the table. “Oh…”

“Um, well, I was telling Xiumin,” Sohee started as she stood right behind her brother, placing her hands on his shoulders. “That he should stay home for the day and not do to school --”

“Sohee...I’m going.”

“H-Hu?” She widen her eyes. “B-but, Xiumin --”

The older Bun bit the inside of his cheek. “I can handle Chen if he comes at me. Believe me...besides, I can’t miss out on school now just when it is getting close to graduation and exams. I need to be there.” With that, he stood up, and started to head up stairs to his bedroom to get his things.

Sohee started to give a worried look. This was the thing that she was worried about. “Chanyeol,” She said, as she turned towards him. “Please look after him. I don’t want Chen near my brother.”

Chanyeol gave a nod. “You can count on us Sohee…”

She sighed. “How can we not see this coming...I’ve seen Chen...I thought he was the coolest person ever...I thought he would be the one to give my brother the happiness that he deserves.”

“People,” Chanyeol started. “Are...well...some people are deceitful creatures. Chen was just very good at it.” He closed his eyes, letting out a frustrated sigh. “I,too, never thought that he would be doing something like this to Xiumin. I guess I was careless.”

Sohee lowered her head. “I was careless too…” She said in a hushed tone.

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Once Xiumin entered his bedroom, it shocked Kris a bit, considering that he was heading out. “Jeez, christ, Xiumin.” He placed his hand over his heart.

“It’s my house…” He moved past the other, getting his things ready for today’s schedule.

“What are you doing?”

“Getting ready.”“For?”

“School.”

“School?” Kris entered back in the room, closing the door. “You are going to school?”

“Well, yeah? Aren’t you?” Xiumin raised his eyebrow at the other. “It’s normal for you to go to school you know, especially at a time like this. Exams are coming up.”

“But, Xiumin...Chen --”

“I can h-handle myself.” He said, stuttering a bit. “I’ll be fine.”

As he bit the inside of his cheek, Kris sighed. “Fine...but, we will be keeping an eye on you.”

“What? Why?”

"Sohee’s orders.”

“Sohee,” He scoffed. “What, you are following my sister’s orders when really this is...this is a problem between me and C-Chen?”

“Just wanting her heart at ease when her big brother is at school.”

“I can take care of myself.” Xiumin said with more of a serious tone, as he placed his book furiously in his bag. “Besides, I’m not going to speak with Chen --”

“Good,” He interrupted. “Because we aren’t allowing Chen near you.”

Xiumin his lips, letting out a shaky exhale. “F-Fine.”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Once the three boys dropped off Sohee at her school, she eyed Chanyeol, who gave a nod in return. They started to head up to their own school. As they approached, the headed to the parking lot, and parked where they usually parked. Once Kris turned off the engine, both towering brothers still sat in their seats, while Xiumin unbuckled his seatbelt. “Well, while you two sit here, I’ll be heading inside.”

“W-wait.” Chanyeol fumbled with his seatbelt, trying to get out. “We will come with.”

Xiumin rolled his eyes, thinking that this was ridiculous for the two to act like this bodyguards. “I’m fine --”

“Sohee would feel much better --”

The older Bun groaned. “Okay, okay, lets go.”

The three got out from the car, heading towards the school. Both towering brothers were right beside Xiumin, following him like puppies. As they started to head towards their lockers, so far, none has seen Chen, but they knew eventually they would meet up with him in their first class.

As soon as the three of them got their things, they started to head towards their first period class. Xiumin started to feel his stomach turn; how was he going to approach Chen now. He lowered his head, now looking down at his desk. ‘I-I really trusted Chen…why would he do that.’ Xiumin started to feel his throat tighten. For once, he thought that Chen was different from the rest. He actually believed that he wasn’t like the rest of the guys out there that would constantly follow him and ask him to be theirs. ‘I actually believed you were...you were the one...’ Xiumin started to rest his head on his desk. Was he mad that Chen did that? Of course, but, in for some reason, his heart was telling him otherwise. ‘No, Xiumin...no more. This is definitely something that you shouldn’t forgive. Okay? Would you seriously go back to him after he did that?! I would be stupid in thinking to go back to him...’ Xiumin started to feel tears b up; he can’t cry. Not in front of people. ‘Be practical Xiumin...really? Would you really go back to someone who literally forces themselves on you...huh?!’ He shook his head, but placed his hand where his heart was. It was aching.

The bell rang, and Xiumin looked up. Chen wasn’t here.

“So,” Yongguk cleared his throat. “I know that you guys will be graduating, so that means exams are quickly approaching. So, this period will be mostly on preparing for the exams. I want all of you to be getting excellent marks on them alright? So, for today --” The door slammed open, scaring Yongguk and the others as well.

Xiumin started to give a worried look. Chen did not look at all normal; his eyes were puffed, his hair a bit disheveled, and not even his uniform wasn’t even in button up right. He looked very much disorganized, and stressed.

“Chen?” Yongguk raised his eyebrow. “Are...are you okay?” He asked, a bit worried about his student. “Do you --”

“I’m fine.” He said in a hoarse whisper. Yongguk gave an apprehensive expression, yet nodded. Chen made his way to his desk, not even looking up at his classmates. For sure, Xiumin was feeling more worried than he should be.

“Okay, um, class, we will begin with the review. Remember, your exams will be in a few days.” With that Yongguk started to lecture. Xiumin grabbed his pen, and started to write down some notes. Every now and then, he would glance over to Chen, who would do nothing, but sit in his seat, staring down at his desk.

Xiumin shook his head. ‘Focus Xiumin.’

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

“I’ll meet you guys at the cafeteria.” Xiumin said, as he leaned his back against the lockers. “You guys...figure out your problem with Tao and Baekhyun.” Xiumin has later found out during their break period that Tao and Baekhyun were a bit furious with the towering brothers, and Xiumin was a bit unsure what it was. Neither of them would tell the other.

“Xiumin --”

“Just go...I can handle myself.” Xiumin said, crossing his arms. “I’m gunna head to the library for a bit. I need to...do something.”

‘Something?’ “Well, okay, fine.” Kris let out a frustrated sigh. Deep down, he was have a horrible feeling, but so far, Chen has done nothing to approach Xiumin, him, or even Chanyeol. “Just, please Xiumin --”

“I know, I know.” The Bun pushed off from the lockers, and started to head down the hallway to the library. Kris and Chanyeol watched as their friend started to walk down the hallway, a bit disorganized.

“Something is up with him.” Chanyeol said, shifting his backpack on his shoulder. “What do you think?”

“I think…” Kris made a deep sigh. “Honestly, I think Xiumin needs to think some things over.” He turned to his step-brother. “Lets just let him clear things up okay.” Chanyeol nodded in agreement. “For us, we should go and fix our problem with Tao and Baekhyun.” With that, the towering brothers started to make their way to the cafeteria. "Just hope that they are there."

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Xiumin turned to the right of the hallway, now heading towards the main office. He felt bad for lying to the two. He thought that he was able to survive through the whole day, but found himself unable to do it. It’s hurting him too much.

“Oh, Xiumin.” The lady at the desk smiled at the other. “Is there something wrong?”

“Um, I’m not...feeling well.”

“Oh?”

“May I leave?”

The lady at the desk, bit the inside of her cheek, but studied the other. ‘Xiumin looks exhausted...plus, with the exams coming up, it won’t be good if he missed them.’ “Well, okay.”

“Really?”

“Hm,” She started to type on the keyboard of her computer. “I’ll just put this in the system and you will be all set. Do get well, Xiumin.”

The Bun nodded, and thanked her. He just hoped so. Xiumin started to head out of the office and to the main doorway. He quickly made his way out, mentally apologizing to his friends for leaving. He just couldn’t be here right now. Xiumin passed by the school gate, and started to leave his school grounds.

He sighed, as he adjusted his bag. Before he knew it, he started to feel his tears running down his round cheeks. Immediately, he stopped walking, and started to place his hand on his cheek. ‘Why...why am...’ Quickly, he started to wipe his eyes. “Okay, stop it, Xiumin.” He said to himself. “Stop.”

Xiumin gave himself some time to calm down, before proceeding to move. He kept his mind occupied with other things, while he continued to walk. Eventually, he was able to hit the main road and the small shopping promenade. As he continued, he felt his stomach grumble a bit, wanting to be fed. ‘I think I have something -- oh, wait. Damn, I left it in my locker.’ He clicked his tongue, remembering that he left his lunch in his locker. Mentally cursing himself, he started to head towards a tea room that was just a few foot steps away. As he entered, he was greeted by one of the servers.

“Good afternoon.” The server greeted. “My name is Hyunjoong, and,” He grabbed a small menu from the front desk. “Welcome to the Triple S Tea House. Would you like to sit outside today, or inside?” Xiumin hummed, before pointing outside. It was nice and warm today; it would distract him from thoughts that were currently in his mind. “Sure, sure. Please.” Hyunjoong gestured to the front door. “It is a nice day out huh? Why spend it inside.” He smiled, causing Xiumin to give out a small smile in return.

Hyunjoong pulled out a chair for him, and placed the menu in front of him. “What would you like to drink? We, of course, have various teas, milk, water, or any fizzy drinks.”

“Um, this is going to sound a bit weird, but would it be possible to have warm milk with honey?”

“Sure. It would be no problem. Do you want me to put the honey in, or would you like to do it yourself?”

“Myself, please.”

Hyunjoong nodded. “Alright, coming up then. I’ll be back.” With that, the server left, back to the tea room. Xiumin took the time to look over the menu, before finally figuring out what he wanted to eat. As the server came back, he placed the cup before the other and a bear shaped honey bottle right next to it. “Are you ready to order?”

“Ah, yeah, this...please.” He pointed at the item. Hyunjoong nodded.

“And I’ll be back with your food.” He smiled. Hyunjoong returned back, while Xiumin started to fix his drink. Childish it may be, but it was one of the things that calmed him. He hummed in satisfaction as he placed his cup down. Xiumin slowly exhaled, trying to keep himself at ease, but still, images of Chen clouded his mind. “Why is it that I can’t get rid of you.” He said softly to himself. ‘I shouldn’t be thinking about you! I s-should be hating you!! I should be disgusted with you!!’ Xiumin, once again, started to feel his eyes becoming watery. ‘But, I...I really l-lo...lo --’

“Here you go!” Xiumin jumped, looking up immediately. It was a completely different server, who was holding onto his food. “O-oh, sir, are you okay?”

“U-uh,” Xiumin wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. “I-I’m sorry, I --”

“Here.” The server took out a napkin from one of his pockets in front of his apron. “Please.” He said, as he held out the napkin. The Bun blinked, but hesitated in taking the napkin. “Sir, are you alright? I-I’m Kyujong, I am also server here, do you need any water or --”

“N-no. Sorry, I,” He wiped his eyes. “Was just thinking of something that I shouldn’t be thinking of.” He said softly.

Kyujong nodded, still a bit unsure if he should leave the other or not. “Hm, okay. I-If you need anything, please, don’t hesitate to call for me or the other servers, okay?” Xiumin nodded, as he continued to wipe his eyes. Kyujong left, making his way back to the tea room, not before taking another glance at the weeping Bun.

“Hey, Kyujong,” The said man looked up at Hyunjoong. “Thanks for giving the order.”

“Yeah, um, that guy,” He gestured Xiumin with his thumb. “He is crying.”

“He is?”

“Yeah, should we do something?”

Hyunjoong took a peek, seeing a teary eyed Bun. ‘Should we ask what is wrong? But that seems intruding though.’ “Lets just let him be. It isn’t our problem. Plus, he might not want to talk to us about it.” Kyujong nodded. “Hm, so head back to the kitchen. Table 2 and 14, their teas are ready.”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

“Thank you for the meal.” Xiumin said, as he paid for his meal. “A-and I would like to apologize for...crying earlier. I’m sure that the other guy told you.”

Hyunjoong gave a small smile at the other. “Just have a good day, alright?”

Xiumin sighed. “Thanks.”

With that, Xiumin left the tea room, and headed for the door. He checked his cell phone, which he put on silent earlier, to see that it already is after school. 'Oh, wow.' The Bun sighed, seeing that he has many text messages and various calls from his friends, even Sohee. ‘They probably told her...’ He bit his lip, before locking his cell phone. His heart thumped a bit; he was hoping to get a text from Chen, but nothing came. Xiumin shook his head. ‘I shouldn’t even...’ He placed the back of his hand against his lips. ‘But why is it that I can’t stop thinking of you...’

Xiumin has made a clear decision that he was very much confused with his thoughts as well as his morals. One part of him says that he should detest Chen for what he has done. It was wrong, and he would be stupid enough to go back to him. However, the other part of him, still cares for Chen deeply. Something about Chen was still different from the others; he was funny, he caring, and Chen really cared for him, loved him even. So, why was this difficult for him to brush off. ‘I’m so messed up in the head...’

He looked up to see a familiar classmate of his. He hid right beside one of the gardens, peeking through to see that it was Rome walking by. “W-what is Rome doing here?” He kept an eye on the other, watching him enter a flower shop. “Huh?” Xiumin was very much confused as to why Rome went in a flower shop.

Curiosity started to get a better in him, that he started to follow the other to the flower shop. He looked inside, what even surprised him more was that Rome was tying an apron behind his back. ‘N-no way, what?’ Xiumin, without thinking, went side.

Rome turned around to greet the customer, only to have his expression fall. “X-Xiumin?”

“You work here?”

--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Chen kept his head down as he walked on a familiar path. Through the whole day, he didn’t even try and talk with the towering brothers, or even Tao and Baekhyun. In truth, he did want to ask about Xiumin, but was much afraid to. What would they think about what he has done to Xiumin. Surely, they would detest him.

He wiped his eye with the back of his hand. ‘I’m such a mess...’ He glanced at his uniform, still not even presentable, though, none of the teachers even spoke about it to him. He didn’t even bother to. Chen continued to walk, until he came across Sohee’s school. He just had to explain it to her what happen. He just had to tell her that he was sorry for doing something indecent towards her brother. And especially, tell her that he would be leaving Korea. If he can’t speak with Xiumin, or with the others, he just hoped that Sohee could pass the information down to him.

Chen waited outside, sitting on the ground, letting his back rest against the wall. He watched as students exited from the school grounds, and walking passed him. They mumbled words to each other, questioning what a ‘bum’ was doing at their school. Chen continued to wait, until finally, Sohee came out with Jiyong. He stood up immediately, grabbing his back in the process. “S-Sohee.”

Sohee turned, only to give out a glare. “What are you doing here, you son of a !” Anger started to overtake her; she approached Chen, and slapped him hard across the face.

“Sohee!” Jiyong pulled her back, putting himself in front of her. “Sohee, stop --”

“No! You know what he did! You!” She pointed at Chen, who was cupping his burning cheek. “Stay away from Xiumin.” She said with harshness in her voice. “How dare you...h-how dare you do that to my older brother.”

“Sohee, please, I-I just wanted to say I’m sorry --”

“Sorry?” Sohee scoffed. “Sorry? You...I trusted you. I believed that you were a good pair for my brother. I thought you were someone who would make my brother happy!”

“I am!” Chen started to feel his throat tighten up. “I-I am the perfect person to be with your brother. I-I did something stupid, I know, but please...I just wanted to say sorry for what I’ve done --”

“No. No way.” Sohee started to have tears b on the corners of her eyes. “You are just like everyone else...you are like them...someone who is after one thing…you hurt my brother...and I actually, I actually believed that you were someone w-who would give my brother happiness. I was convinced that you would be someone different...a person that Xiumin has been longing for. B-But I guess not.”

“No! I am! Sohee, I truly love your brother!”

Sohee wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. “No you don’t. How dare you say those words...how dare you force yourself on my brother. You...y-you are one sick person for doing that!!”

On que, Kris’ car pulled up, and soon Kris got out of the car, with Chanyeol doing the same. “Chen.” Kris called out, as he approached Sohee and Jiyong, now standing in front of them. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“K-Kris, please...I just wanted to tell Sohee that I’m sorry f-for what I have done.” He glanced back at the youngers. “A-and to you,” He said directly towards Jiyong. “I-I’m sorry for hitting you.”

Jiyong didn’t respond, but glanced down on the ground. Kris clicked his tongue.

“Chen, just please, leave.”

“B-but --”

“Leave. Stay away from Sohee, stay away from this school...and especially...especially, stay away from Xiumin.”

Chen's heart dropped. Just how was he going to tell them that he is leaving now?


--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---

Rome started to pour some tea in a little cup, while Xiumin watched. The Bun has learned to know that Rome actually works in a small flower shop that is runned by his parents. It shocked Xiumin a bit; he didn’t even think once that Rome, a popular athletic, would be working here.

“I hope that you like it, um, my parents just renovated the place, and they added these tables.” He gestured to the side, showing him two to four round tables. “We are starting to introduce some teas and other pastries.” He gave a soft chuckle. "They thought that it would go well with a flower shop...something like that."

“Is that so.”

“Yeah.” Rome gave a small smile. “U-um, it may not be in my place, but I noticed that you weren’t at school for the second half of the day.”

“Yeah, I-I left.”

Rome raised his eyebrow. “Left? Why?” Xiumin sighed, not really wanting to talk about it. Rome got the idea, and decided to leave it alone. “Sorry.”

“No, its just...I don’t want to talk about it.”

Rome nodded. “We have some pastries. Would you like some?”

“No thanks. I just ate.” Xiumin said. He looked around, see the various flowers and bouquets displayed around. It had such a relaxing atmosphere to it, that Xiumin, for the first time through the day, he felt that he was relaxed.

Rome stared at the Bun; he could feel something was deeply off. ‘Just like Chen...what happened. D-does Xiumin know? He must’ve. Was it a fight?’ His eyes widen a bit. ‘Joon's plan?’ Rome tighten his lips, realizing that it must have been Joon’s idea that sent Chen to the edge. He remembered it very clearly. ‘Damn it, Chen...you, please that you didn’t...please tell me that I’m wrong. No, I’m definitely wrong...Chen wouldn’t do that anyway.’

“Rome.”

The said person snapped from his gaze, and looked up. “Y-yes?”

“Are you okay? You looked like you were deep in thought.”

Rome his dry lips, hesitating a bit. “Xiumin...I just wanted to let you know...I’m...I’m not falling for you anymore.”

“H-huh?”

It was hard for Rome to say those words. He did love Xiumin himself, yet seeing the Bun be with someone else with a bright smile on his face, and hearing laughter coming from his lips, it made him happy. He just wondered why Joon or the others couldn’t see it. Just seeing Xiumin happy, for him, was good enough. ‘I rather see you happy, then see you cry or be in distress.’ “I’m sorry for causing problems, Xiumin.”

“Um --”

Rome shook his head. “I’m sorry for...well, for pushing you, I guess, to love me.” He let out a sigh. “It’s not even right to do that, pushing someone to love you.”

Xiumin was taken back at what Rome was saying. Him, saying sorry for always coming after him; he was saying all this now, even though Xiumin kept saying that he didn’t like him, or any of them. Now, Rome was saying all of this? The Bun didn’t know what to say. He could scoff at him, or he can just drop this. He just rather drop it all. “Rome, can we just drop it.”

Rome bit his lips. “I just wanted to let you know that you and Chen do actually look good together.” Xiumin froze. “You do really look happy together.”

‘N-no, stop it --’ Xiumin bit his lips.

“He did look a bit like a mess today, but I think he was having a bad day --”

‘No, stop it. Shut up --’ Xiumin started to feel his eyes getting watery.

“ -- and with exams coming up, stress must’ve gotten to him, but hopefully he will be able to withstand all of it.” Rome nodded; he glanced at the Bun, only to see tears falling from his eyes. “X-Xiumin?!” Rome knelt down in front of the other, looking up at him. “Xiumin! W-why are you crying?!”

Xiumin quickly covered his face with both his hands, not wanting Rome to be looking at him at this state of tears. He truly hates crying in front of people.

“Xiumin, please, why are you crying?!” Rome was now worried about the other. He didn’t mean to make the other cry; in fact, he was unsure what caused him to be like this in the first place. “Xiumin, I don’t know what I did to make you cry, but please, I’m sorry for --”

“I can’t get rid of him!” Xiumin said against his hands.

“W-who? Who can’t you get --”

“Chen!”

“Chen? But --” Rome froze. ‘N-no. Don’t tell me --’

“I can’t get rid of him! I should be angry with him! I should hate him!! B-but for some reason I can’t! I can’t! Why is this so hard for me to hate Chen!" By then Xiumin started to cry, and all Rome could do was hug him.


--- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) --- (CHENMIN) ---


cameo(s):
SS501’s Kim Hyunjoong [tea room server]:


SS501’s Kim Kyujong [tea room server]: