Chapter Nine

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 9

“Woohyun-ah!”

Woohyun’s eyes snapped open when he heard his name being called and he looked around and realized that he was lying on the bed in his and Sunggyu’s shared room.  

“Woohyun-ah!”

He heard his name being called again and sat up and turned around to see Sunggyu standing by the door of the room...looking very sad.  

“Hyung...?” Woohyun replied uncertainly standing up from the bed and starting to slowly approach Sunggyu.  

“Woohyun-ah...,” Sunggyu called out again but softer this time.  “I...I love you...”

Woohyun’s eyes grew wide in shock and he froze where he was standing still a few feet from Sunggyu.  

“H-hyung...” Woohyun stuttered still shocked by Sunggyu’s sudden confession.  “I-I...I lo-”

“NO!” Sunggyu suddenly exclaimed cutting Woohyun off and catching him off guard.  “Stop!  Stop lying to me!”

“H-hyung...” Woohyun said softly still overwhelmed by this whole situation.  

“If you love me then why do you insist on hurting me?” Sunggyu sadly looking at Woohyun with eyes filled with sorrow.  “Why?”

“H-hyung I-” Woohyun stepped forward and reached out for Sunggyu but suddenly he started to fade.  

“Why Woohyun?  Why?  Why?” Sunggyu’s voice repeated over and over and soon everything distorted to black.  

--

Woohyun’s eyes shot open his heart beating rapidly in his chest.  He blinked a few times and realized that someone’s chest was right in front of his face and he had to bite his lip to keep from yelling out in shock when he looked up and saw that it was Sunggyu.  As carefully and quietly as he could Woohyun slipped out of Sunggyu’s arms and bolted from the room closing the door after him.  Once out in the hallway Woohyun leaned his back on the door trying to calm his still rapidly beating heart down.  

“H-how d-did I-” Woohyun mumbled to himself then the past night’s events came flooding into his mind.  “T-the thunderstorm...”

Woohyun slid down the door and sat down in front of it hugging his legs to his chest.  

‘That dream felt too real...’ Woohyun thought to himself.  ‘But I can’t get distracted from my main mission!  Maybe the thunderstorm wasn’t such a bad thing after all...although I unintentionally may have let myself become too vulnerable in front of him he comforted me and actually let me sleep in the bed with him last night...’

Woohyun’s face suddenly became really warm thinking about how Sunggyu sang to comfort him the night before and he lightly hit himself on the cheeks in frustration.  

‘No no no I can’t get all flustered and infatuated by him I have to keep my eyes on the prize!  It’s going well he’s already starting to change his attitude towards me!  Yeah!!!’

With a new found motivation and drive Woohyun clenched his fists and stood up determinedly and walked downstairs to start the day.  Just as he reached the bottom of the stairs he saw Sungyeol come walking into the house biting his bottom lip and smiling to himself.  

--

The next morning Sungyeol woke up and was automatically alarmed because he didn’t know where he was.  After a few seconds though he realized that he was still in Myungsoo’s house and that he must of fallen asleep there the night before.  That was when he noticed the weight on his shoulder and his eyes went wide when he looked and saw that it was Myungsoo there still fast asleep.  He blushed slightly at their close proximity but then started to chuckle softly to himself.  

‘Wow I can’t believe he’s still asleep even after my little freak out about not knowing where I am a little while ago,’ Sungyeol thought to himself.  ‘He must be a really deep sleeper.’

Sungyeol carefully, although he guessed that he wouldn’t wake Myungsoo up still to be considerate, maneuvered so he could pull his phone out of his pocket and checked what time it was.  Eight o’clock AM.  He turned slightly so that he could see Myungsoo’s sleeping face then looked back at his phone then back at Myungsoo and sighed before deciding that he should probably wake him up.  

“Myungsoo.  Myungsoo-ah! Wake up,” Sungyeol called out softly beginning to shake him gently.  

Myungsoo however didn’t even flinch...or show any sign of waking up for that matter.  

“Yah!  Myungsoo come on wake up I need to go home!” Sungyeol said louder this time and shaking Myungsoo a little rougher.  

This made Myungsoo shift a little but he still made no move to get up or even open his eyes.  Sungyeol glared at him.  

“YAH KIM MYUNGSOO WAKE UP!” Sungyeol yelled and this time moved Myungsoo off of his shoulder and held him up so that he could shake him violently by both shoulders.  

Finally this time he felt Myungsoo start to move and saw his eyes crack open a little.  Sungyeol let go of Myungsoo’s shoulders and he slumped forward a little but stayed sitting up.  Myungsoo brought his fists up to rub his eyes and looked up at Sungyeol sleepily.  

“Oh...Sungyeol” Myungsoo said groggily.  “...morning.”  

“Morning to you too,” Sungyeol said chuckling at Myungsoo who still seemed half asleep.  “You’re really hard to wake up you know.”  

“Yeah that’s what everyone says,” Myungsoo said sitting up straighter and stretching his arms.  “I guess we both ended up falling asleep during the movie.”  

“Yeah, thanks for letting me stay here for the night,” Sungyeol said.  “I should probably get headed back already though they might be wondering where I am.”  

“Okay why don’t you go get changed then and I’ll walk you back to your place,” Myungsoo said standing up and stretching some more.  

“Eh? It’s okay I can walk back by myself I remember the way back,” Sungyeol insisted.  

“Really?  Why did you wake me up then?” Myungsoo asked looking at Sungyeol suspiciously.  

“W-well...” Sungyeol stuttered his cheeks turning pink.  “Y-you were sleeping on my shoulder a-and...I didn’t want to just leave without saying goodbye...”

Myungsoo smiled gently and ruffled Sungyeol’s hair, ‘So cute...’

“Well since I’m up now I insist on walking you back,” Myungsoo said holding his hand out for Sungyeol to take so that he could get up off the couch.  “And I won’t take no for an answer.”  

“Okay fine,” Sungyeol said giving up and taking Myungsoo’s hand to get up so that he could go change.  

The two walked back to the vacation house casually chatting and before they knew it they reached their destination.  

“Thanks again for letting me stay at your place last night,” Sungyeol said smiling at Myungsoo.  

“You’re welcome,” Myungsoo said smiling back at him.  “Well I guess I’ll see you around then.  Come stop by the restaurant again sometime.”  

“Okay I will,” Sungyeol said and they both said their goodbyes.  

Afterwards Myungsoo turned around and started to walk away but Sungyeol suddenly spoke up and stopped him.  

“W-wait!” Sungyeol called out to Myungsoo.  “U-um me and my friends are planning on going to the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum in a few days and I was wondering if you’d maybe like to come with us?”  

“Okay sure,” Myungsoo replied.  “Do you know when exactly you’re planning on going?”  

“Hmm I don’t really know yet,” Sungyeol said scratching the back of his head embarrassed.  

“Here give me your phone,” Myungsoo said holding out his hand and Sungyeol gave him his phone and Myungsoo put his number in and handed it back to him.  “Once you know the details just message me okay?”  

“Okay,” Sungyeol said happily.  “I’ll see you in a few days then?”  

“Yeah in a few days,” Myungsoo said smiling and waved before he started back on his way home.  

Sungyeol found himself grinning like an idiot and bit his lip to try and contain it as he opened the front door and stepped into the house.  

“Well someone looks happy,” Sungyeol jumped in surprise and looked up and saw Woohyun standing at the bottom of the stairs smirking at him.  

“E-eh?  Not really,” Sungyeol replied trying to brush it off.  

“I’m guessing you had a really good time with Myungsoo last night huh?” Woohyun said looking at him suspiciously.  

“I know what you’re thinking and it’s not like that we’re just friends,” Sungyeol defended.  

“Oh really?” Woohyun said totally not convinced.  

“Yeah and that’s all we’ll ever be,” Sungyeol said his tone of voice dropping.  

Woohyun’s smirk immediately fell off his face, “Sungyeol-ah...”

“I already learned from experience that the secret to happiness is to admire without desiring,” Sungyeol said solemnly.  

“Sungyeol-ah...” Woohyun said again worry evident in his voice.  

“It’s okay don’t worry about me I’m fine Woohyun I promise and things are better this way anyway,” Sungyeol said smiling sadly.  “I’d better go take a shower now I didn’t last night and I feel kinda gross.”  

With that Sungyeol turned around and walked upstairs.  Woohyun let out a sad sigh and just watched as Sungyeol walked up the stairs.  







------------

And here’s chapter 9 the morning after chapter~

Wow this chapter is so LONG 0.0 ….sorry i can’t always promise u all chapters this long the length of the chapter all just depends on what’s going on at that time...

This story reached over 100 subscribers too!!! i’m so overjoyed i love u guys so much and thank you for supporting my story!!!

This chapter ended kind of on a sad note but don’t be discouraged just wait patiently for more happy couple moments next chapter ^-^b

So until next time my lovely subscribers bye bye ^-^/

Remember to subscribe and comment i love to hear what you all think~