Chapter Five

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5

“Remember Myungsoo it’s a 30 minute break!  You better be back in 30 minutes!”  

“Yeah yeah I got it don’t worry,” Myungsoo replied lazily as he left through the back employee entrance.  

He yawned and stretched his arms over his head as he walked down a path taking in the fresh air.  Myungsoo worked at his uncle and aunty’s restaurant as a waiter and although they payed him pretty well, he felt like he had to constantly be on the move and doing work.  He stopped walking and sat on the wall overlooking the ocean and sighed.  Although he liked living on Jeju island he was starting to get tired of it and yearned to move to the city where there was more excitement.  He already knew that as soon as he graduated from college that he would find a job in the city and move there immediately.  

“Soon...soon,” Myungsoo said softly to himself as he looked out at the ocean.  

For a while the only sound that could be heard was that of the water hitting the wall, but then suddenly there was a loud shriek followed by an even louder sound of someone hitting the water and more loud shrieking.  Myungsoo’s eyes widened and he quickly got up off of the wall and ran in the direction that the shrieking was coming from.  Soon he reached the source of the noise and saw that it was a boy that he guessed had fallen into the water.  The boy looked like he was struggling just to keep his head out of the water so Myungsoo quickly acted on impulse and dove in.  He surfaced and swam over to the boy just as he started go under the water.  Myungsoo quickly dove after the boy, caught him by the hand, and pulled him back up to the surface.  With great difficulty because the boy was bigger than him he was finally able to pull him to an opening in the wall that had stairs leading up and dragged him up them.  Luckily Myungsoo had taken a CPR class before because the boy was passed out and he quickly knew what he had to do.  He laid the boy out on the floor and alternated between administering chest compressions and breathing into his mouth.  This continued on until Myungsoo felt the boy start to move and leaned back as he started to cough up water.  

The last thing that Sungyeol remembered was starting to go under water as he lost his strength and blacking out.  Suddenly he jolted awake and started coughing trying to get air back into his lungs.  When he finally opened his eyes he saw a very handsome boy looking down at him worriedly and he felt his face become slightly warm.  

“Hey are you okay?” Myungsoo asked him not noticing him blushing.  

“Y-yeah I’m okay,” Sungyeol replied as he slowly tried to sit up.  “Thank you for saving me.”  

“It’s no problem it’s not like I was going to just sit back and watch you drown,” Myungsoo said smiling gently at Sungyeol.  “I’m Myungsoo.  What’s your name?”  

“I’m Sungyeol,” Sungyeol answered.  “I-I should probably be heading back my friends might start wondering what happened to me.”  

Sungyeol tried to stand up but as soon as he did he felt really dizzy and started to sway dangerously.  Myungsoo quickly caught him by his arm and steadied him.  

“You’re probably still dizzy and unstable from taking in so much water,” Myungsoo informed him as he helped to keep him upright.  “Where are you staying?  Let me walk you back.”  

--

“So I guess I’ll take the floor then,” Hoya said finally breaking the awkward silence that began when they realized that there was only one bed.  

“Huh?” Dongwoo said snapping out of his daze.  

“Well since there’s only one bed you can sleep there and I’ll sleep on the floor,” Hoya explained chuckling a little to himself at Dongwoo’s puzzled expression.  

“B-but hyung we’re going to be staying here for like a month!  You can’t sleep on the floor for that long!” Dongwoo exclaimed waving his arms around frantically.  “The bed’s pretty big and I don’t really move a lot when I sleep so we can share it if you want.”  

“Okay that sounds good to me,” Hoya said smiling brightly at him.  “Thanks Dongwoo-ah.”  

Dongwoo smiled his big toothy grin back and felt his heart skip a beat at hearing Hoya say his name for the first time.  

--

“So I’ll take the bed and you can sleep on the floor,” Sunggyu said matter-of-factly and started dragging his suitcase to a corner of the room.  

“Yah who said that you get pick who sleeps where,” Woohyun exclaimed.  

“Well this is my family’s vacation home so you don’t expect me to sleep on the floor do you?” Sunggyu asked indignantly.  

“Yeah exactly this is your family’s vacation home so why did you not know that the rooms only have one bed,” Woohyun pointed out smirking.  

“It’s not like I come here all the time!  T-this isn’t my fault,” Sunggyu stuttered trying to hide his embarrassment since he knew Woohyun was right.  It is his family’s vacation home so he should have checked out such details before hand.  “That doesn’t change the fact though that since my family owns this place I get to decide who gets to sleep on the bed.”  

Sunggyu then started to walk out of the room and Woohyun let out a frustrated groan and followed him out.  

“Why don’t we just share the bed I mean it is pretty big,” Woohyun suggested.  

“Isn’t it bad enough that I have to share a room with you but now you want to share a bed?  No way!” Sunggyu exclaimed as he walked down the stairs.  

“Yah I’m just trying to work out some kind of compromise okay!  I don’t want to share a room or a bed with-” Woohyun was cut off when they heard someone ring the doorbell.  

Woohyun let out another frustrated groan and went to open the front door.  When he opened it his eyes widened in shock.  

“OH MY GOSH YEOL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!” Woohyun exclaimed horrified at the still wet Sungyeol standing in front of him with an arm draped around an equally wet Myungsoo.  

“He fell into the ocean on accident and almost drowned,” Myungsoo spoke up for Sungyeol who just weakly nodded.  “He’s still kind of weak and disoriented from taking on so much water but if he just rests for a couple of hours he should be completely fine.”  

“Okay.  Thank you so much!  Come on Yeol let’s go to your room,” Woohyun said and took Sungyeol from Myungsoo and started to walk him upstairs.  

Sungyeol looked over his shoulder and gave Myungsoo a last nod of thanks before he was ushered up the stairs by Woohyun.  

“Thank you so much for saving him.  I can’t thank you enough.  That’s the last time we let him go out walking by himself.  Would you like to come in and have some tea?” Sunggyu offered.  

“Ah I’m sorry I would but I should go home, get changed, and get back to work.  They’re probably wondering where I am already,” Myungsoo said apologetically.  

“It’s okay I understand,” Sunggyu said.  “Thank you again for saving Sungyeol.”  

“You’re welcome,” Myungsoo replied and bowed slightly before taking his leave.  




--------

And here’s chapter 5~  it looks shorter but this chapter just happened to have some text dense paragraphs...

Yay myungyeol have finally met and myungsoo saved sungyeol from drowning...and even kissed him 0.0 well if u call giving him cpr a kiss...well anyway their lips touched but it’s not like sungyeol was even conscious enough to realize that myungsoo’s lips were on his

The yadong couple were able to peacefully work out their bed situation but for woogyu it seems like it’s still an open issue so let’s see how it gets resolved in the future~

I’d also like to say thank you to my 68 lovely subscribers~  I love u all!!

So until next chapter my dear subscribers bye bye~ ^-^/

Remember to subscribe and comment i love to hear what you all think ^-^b