Chapter Eighteen

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 18

“Sunggyu-hyung!  Sunggyu-hyung!”

Sunggyu opened his eyes slowly and squinted at the brightness of the morning sun coming in through the window.  He yawned and sat up rubbing his eyes and stretching.  When he finally opened his eyes they widened in surprise because not only did he not see the person who had called him but he also was no longer in his room in the vacation house where he had fallen asleep the night before....in fact he wasn’t sure where he was.  He was sure that he wasn’t in the vacation house any more and he wasn’t in his room back at his place in Seoul either.  The room he was in was spacious with a simple design scheme and a large bed.  Suddenly he noticed that he could smell the scent of something delicious wafting into the room and he decided to go check out what it was.  If there was the smell of food then most likely there was someone there making it and hopefully that someone would be able to tell him what was going on and where he was.  He slowly got out of bed and walked out of the room following his nose to the kitchen where the smell was coming from.  Once he reached the kitchen he saw the back of someone cooking in the kitchen and that back looked awfully familiar.  As he stepped in the kitchen the person cooking heard him enter and turned around and turned out to be just the person he thought it was: Woohyun.  His eyes widened in shock regardless and he was frozen in place as Woohyun smiled upon seeing that he was the one who had entered the kitchen.  

“Oh you’re up,” Woohyun said smiling and walking over to him.  “Good morning.”  

After uttering the brief greeting Woohyun leaned forward slowly and gave Sunggyu a peck on the lips smiling warmly at him as he pulled back.  

“Breakfast is almost ready so why don’t you go wake up the kids okay?” Woohyun said cheerfully before returning back to the stove to finish cooking.  

Sunggyu on the other hand stood frozen in place with his eyes wide open in shock.  

‘WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!’

--

Sunggyu’s eyes shot open and he bolted up in bed breathing hard.  He immediately sat up straight and looked around the room and was relieved to see that he was back in the vacation house.  His eyes widened in horror though when they landed on the still sleeping Woohyun beside him and he bolted out of the room quickly and ran to the bathroom.  Once in the bathroom he splashed his face with cold water and slumped over the sink.

‘WHAT KIND OF MESSED UP DREAM WAS THAT!!!!!!!’

--

Once everyone was up and fed they left to one of their last destinations of the trip the Jeju Starlight World Park and Planetarium.  Hoya was driving because once he saw the dark circles under Sunggyu’s eyes he immediately insisted upon doing so.  Sunggyu resigned to sleeping with his head resting against one of the van’s back seat windows and Woohyun looked at him worriedly.  

--

Sunggyu opened his eyes and he was met with the view of the sun setting on the ocean.  

“Sunggyu-hyung,” Sunggyu heard someone call from beside him and he looked over and saw that it was Woohyun who was smiling warmly at him.  

“Happy anniversary,” Woohyun whispered softly.  “I love you hyung.”

Sunggyu’s eyes widened in shock and he was so frozen in place that he didn’t even move as Woohyun moved closer and pressed a soft kiss on his lips.  

--

Sunggyu’s eyes shot open his heart pounding violently in his chest.  

‘WHY THE HELL DO I KEEP DREAMING ABOUT HIM!’

By then Sunggyu was too scared of dreaming again and just stayed up the rest of the way there.  When they got there Sunggyu was still lost in thought and just followed the others inside the planetarium.  Once inside he was still so distracted that without realizing it he sat next to Woohyun and found himself unable to stop thinking about him.  

‘Why can’t I stop thinking about him?’ Sunggyu thought to himself as he watched Woohyun marvel over the planetarium show his eyes sparkling with excitement.  ‘It can’t be that...No that’s not what it is at all not him...but he has changed so much from how he was before...but no I can’t it’s impossible...’

Sunggyu’s eyes widened in realization and he quickly got up and left the planetarium.  His head was suddenly pounding and he sat down on a bench outside and held his head in his hands.  

‘What the heck does this even-’

“Sunggyu-hyung?” Sunggyu jumped startled and was even more surprised when he saw Woohyun looking down worriedly at him.

He had been so lost in thought that he hadn’t seen a worried Woohyun get up and follow him outside.  

“Are you okay hyung?” Woohyun asked softly sitting down next to Sunggyu.  

“Y-yeah I’m okay,” Sunggyu stuttered out.  “I’m just kind of tired that’s all.”  

“Why don’t you just stay out here and rest then I’ll stay with you,” Woohyun suggested and Sunggyu’s eyes widened.

“I-it’s okay you can go back in and watch the show it looked like you were really into it,” Sunggyu quickly blurted out not really wanting the current “problem” in his mind to stay with him.

“No it’s okay I don’t want to just leave you out here alone it’s fine I’ll stay,” Woohyun insisted.  

Sunggyu just sighed in resignation and leaned back against the wall behind them and closed his eyes.  At this point he figured that he’d rather deal with dream Woohyun than real Woohyun because at least dream Woohyun wasn’t real.  He felt himself start to drift off and barely registered Woohyun pulling his head to rest on his shoulder before falling asleep again.  

--

When Sunggyu opened his eyes again he found himself in the middle of a fancy party and dressed in a tuxedo.  

“May I have this dance?” Sunggyu turned towards the voice and saw Woohyun standing there in a tuxedo as well smiling with his hand outstretched towards him.  

Sunggyu bit his lip nervously before hesitantly taking Woohyun’s hand and letting him lead him to the dance floor.  Once on the dance floor they began to sway slowly back and forth.  Woohyun smiled gently at Sunggyu and he found himself unconsciously smiling back.  Woohyun then leaned forward slightly and rested his forehead against Sunggyu’s.

“I love you hyung,” Woohyun whispered smiling.

“I-...”

--

“Sunggyu-hyung.  Sunggyu-hyung wake up it’s time to go,” Sunggyu opened his eyes and sat up still groggy.  

“Feeling any better?” Woohyun asked concerned.  

Sunggyu just nodded and walked to the van and, much to Dongwoo’s disappointment, opted to sit in the front passenger seat in an attempt to avoid sitting next to Woohyun.

--

Once back at the vacation house Sunggyu went up to his and Woohyun’s bed room and layed down tiredly on the bed.  Even though he had been sleeping practically he still felt completely exhausted because he had been stressing out about his dreams about Woohyun.  He knew what they meant already but he refused to admit it to himself.  He felt like he had too much pride to do that but...

‘It’s too late though isn’t it?’ Sunggyu thought sadly to himself.  ‘I already rejected him so long ago...he’d be stupid if he still likes me even after all this time has passed...’

Sunggyu let out a loud frustrated groan and buried his face in his pillow.  

‘...but I guess I’ll never know for sure unless I try.’






 

 




-----------

I’m so so so so soooooooooo sorry that this took so long ㅠㅠ please don’t hate me!

i’ve just been so busy lately since i’m going to be moving to a new country very soon but i promise you all i will finish this before i move!!! i swear i will!!!!

there are only two chapters left woogyu getting together chapter & epilogue chapter so please bear with my slow updates and stick around the end is near!!! (sorry if it seems like woogyu happened kinda fast in this chapter i tried my best to make it happen smoothly but it seems a little abrupt to me idk what do u all think?)

i love u all and appreciate so much that you all still follow this story even though my updates have slowed down so much!!!

until next chapter my lovely subscribers~ bye ^-^/

Please remember to subscribe and comment i love to hear what u all think <3