Chapter Fourteen

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 14

A few days later the weather was looking really nice so the group decided to finally head down to the beach.  They left early and when they got there they found a good spot and set all of their stuff up.  

“Yay we’re finally at the beach!” Dongwoo cheered excitedly.  

“Yeah it’s such a nice day today too,” Hoya agreed.  

“Come on let’s hurry up and go swimming!” Dongwoo said quickly pulling off his shirt and starting to head in the direction of the water.  

“Yah hold on there you still need to put sunscreen on,” Hoya said catching Dongwoo by the arm and pulling him back towards where the others were.  

Dongwoo frowned but went back without any protest.  Hoya handed him the bottle of sunscreen and took his shirt off as well so that he could put on sunscreen too.  This caused EVERY girl who passed by to stare and blush as they saw both Dongwoo and Hoya’s defined abs.  Sunggyu who had set himself up comfortable in a beach chair under an umbrella frowned at this and started feeling really self conscious.  

Woohyun noticed this and chuckled to himself, ‘Silly hyung~’

He figured that he might as well have fun with this and snuck up as quietly as he could behind Sunggyu.  

“No need to feel self conscious hyung,” Woohyun whispered into Sunggyu’s ear making him jump in surprise.  “I’m sure you have a really nice body too.”  

“Y-yah no one asked you!” Sunggyu exclaimed flustered face bright red as he turned around to glare at Woohyun.  

What Sunggyu didn’t know though was that Woohyun had taken his shirt off too and when he turned around he was startled to see Woohyun’s abs.  Upon seeing this his face immediately heated up and his heart went crazy.  This definitely was a different feeling from what he had when he saw Dongwoo and Hoya’s abs.  He quickly shook the feeling off though and turned back around to face the ocean.  His reaction didn’t go unnoticed though and Woohyun grinned knowing that he had to take advantage of it.  

“Like what you see hyung?” Woohyun said jumping in front of Sunggyu so he could see his face.  “Don’t be embarrassed I know I have an awesome body you can look if you want.”  

“Y-yah stop being so full of yourself!  J-just leave me alone I’m trying to relax here,” Sunggyu said putting on his sunglasses and leaning back in his chair in an attempt to ignore Woohyun.  

“Okay whatever you say hyung,” Woohyun said smirking satisfied at his reaction before heading down to go play in the water with Dongwoo and Hoya.  

Meanwhile Sungyeol had also set himself up under a umbrella and was sitting on a blanket looking out at the ocean.  He sighed sadly as he watched Woohyun, Hoya, and Dongwoo playing in the water and wished that he could too.  

“You’re not going in?” he heard from behind and when he looked he saw Myungsoo standing above him.  

“Water and I don’t mix very well remember?” Sungyeol said raising an eyebrow at Myungsoo.  

“Which is why today I would like to have the honor of being your swimming instructor,” Myungsoo said grinning.  

“Eh?  You want to teach me how to swim?” Sungyeol asked surprised.  

“Of course,” Myungsoo replied.  “We wouldn’t want you to have anymore close calls like last time and you want to be able to go play with the others too don’t you?”  

“Yeah you got a point there,” Sungyeol said scratching his head embarrassed.  

“So what’d you say?” Myungsoo asked extending out his hand out towards Sungyeol.  

“Okay let’s do this,” Sungyeol said smiling and taking Myungsoo’s hand to get up.  

Myungsoo and Sungyeol walked down to the water and Myungsoo walked in until it came up to his waist but when he looked back Sungyeol was still standing by the shore where the water barely came up to touch his feet.  

“Come on you’re not going to learn up there on the shore,” Myungsoo called out motioning for Sungyeol to come.  

Sungyeol still looked hesitant so Myungsoo outstretched his arm and held his hand out to him.  Upon seeing this Sungyeol was able to muster up some courage and started to slowly wade out to where Myungsoo was and took his hand.  

“See that wasn’t so bad was it?” Myungsoo said smiling at him and giving his hand a squeeze.  “Okay first I’ll teach you how to back float.  This is helpful because if you ever fall in the water again and get too tired to swim and keep your head above water, you can always float on your back until you can be saved.”

Sungyeol nodded in understanding not saying a lot since he was nervous about being in the water.  Myungsoo helped Sungyeol lean back and get in position so that he was floating on his back with Myungsoo’s hands resting on his back supporting him.  

“Alright I’m going to let go now but just stay calm and still and you should still stay afloat,” Myungsoo told Sungyeol whose eyes got wide in fear.  

“N-no!” Sungyeol exclaimed starting to panic.  “No you can’t let go I’m going to sink!”

“You won’t sink I promise.  Just trust me I wouldn’t let you go if I knew you were going to sink.  Just trust me okay?” Myungsoo said looking at him seriously and although still a little hesitant Sungyeol nodded.  “Okay I’m going to let go now so just stay calm.”

Sungyeol felt Myungsoo’s hands leave his back and immediately squeezed his eyes shut expecting himself to sink and when he didn’t he carefully opened his eyes again and smiled.  Myungsoo smiled too and took Sungyeol’s hands so that he could pull him back up onto his feet.  

“I-I did it Myungsoo I really floated!” Sungyeol exclaimed jumping up and down happily.  

“Yeah you did it,” Myungsoo said smiling warmly at him.  “See I told you that you can trust me.”  

“Yeah you were right,” Sungyeol said feeling is cheeks get slightly warmer.  

“Okay next I’ll show you how to move your arms and how to kick in the water,” Myungsoo explained.  

Myungsoo stood next to Sungyeol and started to demonstrate how he should move his arms and Sungyeol watched him attentively and tried to follow along.  Next Myungsoo held onto Sungyeol’s hands and had him try kicking in the water.  After he was sure that Sungyeol was getting it, Myungsoo started to back away and Sungyeol looked at him confused.  

“Okay now that you know some of the basics I want you to try and swim to me,” Myungsoo said from where he was standing a few meters away from where Sungyeol was.  

“No I can’t it’s too soon I can’t do it!” Sungyeol said exclaimed shaking his head.  

“I told you before that you have to trust me now come on you can do it come here,” Myungsoo said holding out his arms ready to catch Sungyeol once he came.  

Sungyeol knew that Myungsoo was right so he took a deep breath to calm his rapidly beating heart before pushing off towards him.  He did exactly what Myungsoo had taught him to do and slowly he saw Myungsoo start to become closer until he had swam all the way into his arms.  

“You did it,” Myungsoo whispered into his ear hugging him and Sungyeol smiled hugging him back.  

--

Later on after a few more lessons and some more practicing Sungyeol and Myungsoo sat on Sungyeol’s towel under his umbrella together looking out at the ocean.  

“You did great today,” Myungsoo said softly giving Sungyeol’s hand that he still held in his a gentle squeeze.  

“It’s all thanks to you,” Sungyeol said smiling.  

“I’m just glad that I don’t have to worry about you going on walks alone any more,” Myungsoo joked chuckling.  

“Yeah now if I do fall in I know I can save myself,” Sungyeol agreed.  

They fell back into a comfortable silence after that and continued to look out at the ocean until Myungsoo spoke up.  

“Hey you wanna come over to my place again tonight to hang out?” Myungsoo asked Sungyeol.  

“Sure I’d love to,” Sungyeol replied happily.  







-----------

And here’s chapter 14!

i’m so sorry that this is late i’ve been getting more busy lately...i promise that i will still continue the same amount of updates per week as usual but sadly they won’t be able to be so consistent on what day they come out...

But anyway lots of myungyeol and they’re quickly becoming closer and i think the next chapter will be when they finally get together so anticipate it!!

i love u all my dear subscribers and i’ll see you next chapter so until then bye ^-^/

Remember to subscribe and comment i love to hear what you all think~