Chapter Nineteen

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 19

After a sleepless night Sunggyu was ready with his plan of confessing to Woohyun and started it as soon as possible.  It was early afternoon and everyone had eaten breakfast already and had gone off to do their own things.  Sungyeol had Myungsoo over(he practically lived there too after they had become a couple) and Hoya and Dongwoo had left to go do who knows what.  Woohyun not knowing what to do decided to just hang out in the living room and lazily watch some tv.  Sunggyu, seeing Woohyun in the living room decided to put his plan into action.

“Hey I’m bored you wanna go get some ice cream my treat?” Sunggyu suggested leaning against the back of the couch.  

“I’m bored too so sure,” Woohyun agreed getting up from the couch and turning off the tv.  

Once they got out of the house they started some light casual conversation but after a while they ran out of stuff to talk about and an awkward silence fell over them.  

“Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu called out to get Woohyun’s attention.

“Yeah?” Woohyun responded and Sunggyu discreetly took a deep breath before continuing.

“I’ve noticed for a while since we’ve been on this trip that you’ve changed since the last time we saw each other...a lot,” Sunggyu nervously began.  

“Yeah you’re right I have,” Woohyun agreed nodding.  

“I noticed because no offense but the old you wouldn’t have been able to care about anyone else long enough to help Sungyeol when he was dealing with his depression and I heard from Sungyeol that you were the one who was able to finally convince him to go to a psychiatrist.  I had been trying for months but he was being so stubborn.  I don’t know how you did it.  And the old you wouldn’t have cared enough to put so much work into helping Hoya and Dongwoo get together.  And you said before that you have a cumulative GPA of 3.8?  If memory serves me correct weren’t you the one that was alway whining to me about how your parents wouldn’t stop nagging you to get your GPA up to at least a 3.0?” Sunggyu pointed out.  “If you don’t mind me asking...what made you change?”  

Woohyun was extremely thrown off guard by Sunggyu’s sudden deep question and his eyes widened in shock.  He was also very surprised that Sunggyu had noticed all of those things about him even though he was sure that he didn’t care about him at all.  

‘It was you.’

“It...it’s a secret,” Woohyun replied softly.  “I’m sorry hyung but I just don’t feel comfortable telling you the reason.”

“Well that’s okay if you feel comfortable telling me then that’s fine,” Sunggyu said honestly a little surprised at his response.  

The two fell silent again and continued on like that until Sunggyu spoke up again.

“Do you remember the last time we saw each other before I moved away after college finished?” Sunggyu suddenly asked.

“Of course,” Woohyun replied and Sunggyu didn’t miss the subtle bitterness in his voice.

“Is it too late?” Sunggyu asked so softly that Woohyun almost misses it.

“Too late for what?” Woohyun asked confused.  

“Too late for me to change my mind,” Sunggyu clarified and Woohyun felt his heart stop.  “I’m not sure how this change came about but it makes me wish that it was this you that confessed to me back then maybe then my answer would’ve been different...But what I’m trying to say is that, Woohyun-ah, I really l-”

“N-no please don’t!” Woohyun quickly burst out horrified and he did the first thing that came to his mind after that: he ran away from there as fast as he could.

Sunggyu was frozen in place completely shock by Woohyun’s reaction and watched as he ran away before sinking down onto his knees with hot tears welling up in his eyes.

‘So it is too late...’

--

Woohyun ran as fast as he could with his heart pounding in his chest until he reached the vacation house.  Once he got inside he quickly ran upstairs and burst into Sungyeol’s room without knocking.  

“No you’re not interrupting anything thanks for knocking first,” Sungyeol said sarcastically from where he was sitting on his bed with Myungsoo rolling his eyes at Woohyun’s bent over form trying to catch his breath after running so much.

“I’M SO STUPID!” Woohyun exclaimed clenching his fists and his whole face to keep his tears in.

“So tell me something I don’t know,” Sungyeol said raising an eyebrow at Woohyun.

“You’re no help at all!” Woohyun sobbed walking over and throwing himself onto the foot of the bed.  

“Okay okay tell me what happened,” Sungyeol said sitting up and scooting over on the bed to sit next to Woohyun and lay a comforting hand on his shoulder.  

“He confessed,” Woohyun mumbled out but it was muffled since he still had his face buried in the sheets of the bed.

“What?” Myungsoo said leaning closer to try to hear too his curiosity getting the best of him.  

“He confessed to me!  Sunggyu-hyung confessed to me!” Woohyun burst out lifting his head off of the sheets long enough to yell it before face planting back into them.

“WHAT!” Sungyeol and Myungsoo both exclaimed in shock.  

“But I was still stupidly thinking about how I was going to reject him so when he confessed I freaked out and ran away,” Woohyun moaned out in agony and misery.

“Idiot,” Sungyeol deadpanned.  “You do realize that getting Sunggyu-hyung now will be harder than ever since you running away was basically you rejecting him right?”

Woohyun’s eyes widened in realization and he let out strangled wailing sounds into the sheets.

“Aw come on wallowing in self pity will get you nowhere come on it’s time for you to finally get your man,” Myungsoo said supportively shaking Woohyun’s limp form in an attempt to revive it.  “And lucky for you we’re here to help.”






 

 

 

 








-----------------------------------

And here’s chapter 19!

So sunggyu finally confessed but they can’t live happily ever after just yet! it may not have been as much of a romantic confession as some of the other couples but it had a deeper meaning than the others

Woogyu’s resolution will be in the next chapter so stick around to see what happens next with the help of myungyeol

i’m not too sure whether the next chapter will be the last or not but the end is definitely near so please bear with my slow updates and stick around until the end

i love u all my lovely subscribers <3

So until next chapter my lovelies bye ^-^/

Remember to subscribe and comment i love to hear what u all think ^-^b