Chapter Three

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

About a week later everyone met at Incheon airport to go to Jeju Island.  Sunggyu and Hoya arrived first because they were closest to the airport and sat in the waiting area.  A little while later Sungyeol showed up with Dongwoo.  

“Sunggyu-hyung!  Hoya-hyung!” Sungyeol exclaimed excitedly as he ran up and hugged both of them.  “I missed you guys so much!”

“We missed you too Yeol,” Sunggyu said hugging him back smiling.  

“Yeah it’s been quite a while hasn’t it,” Hoya said grinning as well.  

“Oh yeah hyungs this is one of my best friends Dongwoo,” Sungyeol said gesturing to Dongwoo.  

“Nice to meet you,” Dongwoo said smiling his wide toothy dino smile.

They all shook hands and Sunggyu smirked to himself when he noticed the faint pink blush on Hoya’s cheeks.  Later on it was half an hour before their flight was going to depart and everyone was there ready and excited to leave...everyone but a certain Nam Woohyun.  

“Yah where the heck is he!” Sunggyu fumed pacing back and forth in the waiting area.  “If he’s not here by the time our flight is ready to depart we are not waiting for him!”  

“Calm down Gyu-hyung he’ll get here before then come on just sit down and wait,” Sungyeol said trying to calm Sunggyu down and pulling  him towards a chair.  

“My mom can’t  be mad at us if we leave without him because it’s his fault that he was late and anyway he can always just take the next flight it’s not like that could stop him from coming,” Sunggyu continued to rant as he let Sungyeol drag him to the chair and force him to sit down.  

“Yeah yeah hyung it’s his fault but don’t worry I’m sure he’ll get here any second now,” Sungyeol said letting out a long exhausted sigh.  

Meanwhile Hoya and Dongwoo who were left out of the conversation were trying to hold their own awkward conversation.  Suddenly they heard the sound of very loud sound of running footsteps and turning around they saw a very frazzled looking Woohyun running towards them.  Once  he reached them Woohyun threw his bag down and slumped over in a chair trying to catch his breath.  

“I’m...so...sorry...I...acci-...dently...overslept,” Woohyun sputtered out between breaths.  

“Don’t worry it’s fine at least you made it before our plane’s departure,” Sungyeol said patting him on the back.  “Oh Woohyun this is Hoya-hyung he works with Gyu-hyung and is our friend.”  

“Nice to meet you Woohyun,” Hoya said shaking his hand.  

“Nice to meet you too hyung,” Woohyun said smiling.  

Sunggyu just rolled his eyes and let out a disgusted huff.  Woohyun at Sunggyu and smirked.  

“Hey Sunggyu-hyung long time no see,” Woohyun said grinning widely and winking at him.  

“Yeah long time no see,” Sunggyu replied trying to act indifferent and mask his annoyance  

“Yah would it kill you to not act greasy for even like a minute!” Sungyeol exclaimed smacking Woohyun upside his head.  

“Ow you’re so mean!” Woohyun exclaimed rubbing the sore spot on his head pouting.  “And yes it would kill me it would cause me to go against my nature.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes again in annoyance before he suddenly paused and his eyes grew wide in realization.  

“W-wait a minute how do you two know each other!” Sunggyu exclaimed pointing at them.  

“Ehe funny story Gyu-hyung,” Sungyeol said chuckling nervously while scratching the back of his head.  “Woohyun here is actually one of my best friends.  He’s the one I was telling you about before.  You know the one who helped me out a lot before?”  

--

*Flashback to one year ago*

It was just a normal everyday work day for Sunggyu when suddenly he got a phone call from Sungyeol.  

“Hey Yeol what’s up?” Sunggyu said answering his phone.  

“H-h-hyung...*hic* h-h-h-he,” Sungyeol spluttered out from the other end of the phone.  

“Sungyeol-ah!  What happened!  Are you crying?” Sunggyu exclaimed incredibly alarmed.  

“H-h-he *hic* ch-chea- *hic* ch-cheated on m- *hic* m-me!” Sungyeol choked out before starting to uncontrollably sob again.  

“Hold on Yeol I’ll be right there!” Sunggyu said quickly before hanging up the phone and packing up his stuff as fast as he could.  

Sunggyu immediately left his office after receiving the phone call from Sungyeol and raced off in his car towards his house.  It was a long two hour drive but eventually Sunggyu arrived and raced up to Sungyeol’s house and knocked frantically on the door knob.  Sungyeol’s mom answered the door and looked like she was in a state of panic.  

“Oh Sunggyu thank goodness you’re here!” Sungyeol’s mom said relieved.  “He came home crying, locked himself in his room, and he won’t let me in!  I’m so worried Sunggyu!  Please hurry and find out what happened and help him!  Please!”  

“Don’t worry aunty I’ll find out for sure,” Sunggyu assured her and quickly headed up to Sungyeol’s bedroom and knocked on the door.  “Sungyeol-ah it’s me Gyu open the door!”  

After some more pounding Sungyeol finally opened the door and let Sunggyu in.  Once they were both seated on the bed, Sungyeol tackled Sunggyu in a hug and continued to sob uncontrollably into his chest.  Sunggyu unsure of what to say just hugged him tightly and his hair comfortingly.  A few hours later Sungyeol finally calmed down and was able to stop crying.  

“So...what happened Yeol?” Sunggyu asked softly Sungyeol’s hair who was still resting his head on Sunggyu’s chest.  

“I...caught him cheating on me,” Sungyeol said softly.  “I walked in on them making out...”

“Yeol-ah...” Sunggyu trailed off his voice full of pity and sorrow.  

“But the worst part was...” Sungyeol trailed off and bit his lip to keep himself from crying again, “...I found out that he had been cheating on me for about half of our relationship...that half of our relationship had just been a bunch of lies.”  

Sungyeol started to sniffle again and Sunggyu hugged him tighter.  

“He’s not worth your tears,” Sunggyu spat out angrily.  “You deserve someone way better.”  

That night Sunggyu ended up staying the night to comfort Sungyeol and the next morning they woke up to Sungyeol’s mom calling them down for breakfast.  

“Yeol baby are you feeling any better today?” Sungyeol’s mom asked him gently.  

“Kinda,” Sungyeol replied shortly as he poked at his food.  

“Come on Yeol don’t just poke your food eat it,” Sunggyu urged.  

Sungyeol let out a long sigh but afterwards he started to take small slow bites of his food.  Sungyeol’s mom smiled at him gratefully and he smiled back.  Suddenly Sunggyu’s phone started ringing and he excused himself to go answer it.  

“Hello?” Sunggyu said answering his phone.  

“Where are you and what happened yesterday!” Suggyu’s father’s voice boomed from across the line.  “What is this I hear about you just suddenly leaving the office yesterday and not coming back!”  

“I’m sorry dad,” Sunggyu said softly slightly scared.  “It was an emergency.  I had to leave.”  

“Sunggyu-ah,” Sunggyu’s father said softer this time.  “I’m sorry I don’t mean to yell at you it’s just that because I’m the owner of the company I get a lot of heat because people think that you get a high ranking position here because you’re my son.  You need to show them all that you deserve your position so I’m sorry but you can’t be slacking off like this.”  

“I’m sorry dad,” Sunggyu said again.  

“It’s okay just come back right now and don’t ever pull anything like that ever again,” Suggyu’s father said.  

“Okay I won’t,” Sunggyu said and ended the conversation.  

He returned back to the dining room and Sungyeol and his mom looked up at him.  

“I’m so sorry but I really need to get going already,” Sunggyu said sadly.  “That was my dad and he’s mad I need to go back to work today.”  

“It’s okay Gyu don’t worry I’ll take care of him now,” Sungyeol’s mom said throwing an arm around his shoulders.  “Thank you so much for coming on such short notice.”  

“Thanks Gyu I don’t know what I would’ve done if you hadn’t come over last night,” Sungyeol said softly and attempted to smile at him but failed.  

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” Sunggyu asked Sungyeol worriedly.  

“Yeah I’m sure.  Now go before uncle gets more mad,” Sungyeol said getting up from his seat and starting to push Sunggyu towards the door.  

“Don’t forget you can call me whenever you want and I’ll come visit when I can,” Sunggyu yelled out as he left.  

(five months later) [phone conversation]

“Hey Yeol how are you doing?” Sunggyu asked as he leaned back in his chair a little taking advantage of his lunch break to call Sungyeol.  

“I’m doing a lot better,” Sungyeol said and Sunggyu could tell from his tone that he wasn’t lying he did sound genuinely happier than he had months ago.  

“I’m so glad,” Sunggyu said but then his voice turned remorseful.  “I’m sorry that I can’t be there for you physically as much as I want to be there.”  

“No no don’t worry Gyu-hyung I understand and you have helped me a lot,” Sungyeol insisted.  “And I’ve also been getting a lot of help from my best friend here.”  

“Well I’m going to have to really thank that best friend of your one day when I meet him,” Sunggyu said.  “I’m just so happy that you’re feeling better.”  

“Yeah don’t worry you’ll meet him one day...”

*End flashback*

--

“Well that explains why your best friend always seemed to be busy whenever I came to visit and wanted to meet him,” Sunggyu said shaking his head.  

“I’m sorry that I had to keep this from you Gyu-hyung,” Sungyeol said guiltily.  “It’s just that Woohyun didn’t want you to know that we’re friends...”

“It’s okay Yeol I’m not mad at you it’s Woohyun’s fault not yours,” Sunggyu assured him.  

Sunggyu glared angrily at Woohyun who was off to the side laughing at something with Dongwoo and Sungyeol let out a sigh shaking his head.  

‘I know this seems like I’m helping Woohyun but don’t worry Gyu-hyung I’ll make sure this ends happily for both of you.  You both have helped me out so much in my life and now it’s my turn to help you...’


----

And here’s chapter three~

Wow this chapter came out LONG 0.0 sungyeol’s history took longer than i thought

58 subscribers 0.0 I LOVE U GUYS SO MUCH!! thanks so much for supporting my story~

So now Sungyeol’s past is revealed as well and Sunggyu also found out that Woohyun is Sungyeol’s best friend!! 0.0

Also i know u were all wondering but sungyeol’s ex boyfriend is a very minor character and this is one of the few times he will be mentioned at all in this story so he will remain nameless (don’t worry his ex boyfriend isn’t sungjong or myungsoo i promise!!)

Stick around to see what happens next~

So until next chapter my lovely subscribers bye bye ^-^/

Remember to subscribe and comment I love to hear what you all think~