Chapter Two

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter Two



*Ireoji mayo~  Baby geudaeneun mollayo~  Nae mameul ajikdo geudaeneun mollayo~*

“Hello?”

“Yah don’t just ‘Hello’ me!  When were you planning on telling me that you were coming on our trip to Jeju!” Sungyeol fumed from the other side of the phone.  

“O-oh hey Yeol,” Woohyun stuttered out chuckling nervously.  

“Yah what did I just say don’t ‘Hey!’ me and explain yourself now!” Sungyeol exclaimed irritation rising quickly.  

“*Sigh* It just happened today so I was planning on telling you pretty soon I swear,” Woohyun said sighing in defeat.  “It’s all part of my plan.”  

“Woohyun-ah...you’d better be careful and know what you’re doing with this,” Sungyeol said his voice immediately changing to a softer gentler tone.  “I don’t want you to get so caught up in this revenge thing that you end up hurting yourself too you know?”

“...Don’t worry Yeol I will,” Woohyun replied automatically feeling bad for not telling Sungyeol about his plan as soon as he had agreed to go on the trip.  “In my defense though I didn’t ask specifically to go on the trip, my mom asked me and I figured out that it would be a good chance to get close to him so I agreed to go.”  

“You’re that set on getting revenge on him aren’t you?” Sungyeol asked shaking his head on his side of the phone even though Woohyun couldn’t see him.  “Well you’re doing a pretty good job so far because Sunggyu-hyung called me up after he was threatened to take you and he sounded pretty furious.”  

“Yeah I figured that he would be,” Woohyun said chuckling.  “And yes I am this set on getting revenge.”  

“But why?” Sungyeol asked genuinely puzzled.  

“Don’t you remember what happened Yeol?” Woohyun reminded him.  

--

*Flashback to 5 years ago*

“Woohyun-ah I’d like you to meet my bestfriend Gaeul and her son Sunggyu,” Woohyun’s mom said gesturing to the woman and her son in front of them.  

Woohyun rolled his eyes irritated that his mom was making him meet one of her friends and grumpliy glanced up quickly just to satisfy her that he even looked at them.  His eyes widened slightly though and he snapped his head all the way up to look at them when he caught a glimpse of Sunggyu.  When he saw Sunggyu he automatically felt his heartbeat quicken and his face grow slightly warm.  

“Hello it’s very nice to meet you Gaul-ssi, Sunggyu-ssi,” Woohyun said politely smiling and turning up his charm and charisma.  

Woohyun turned his face to the side a little and smirked, ‘Kim Sunggyu you will be mine!’

After a while of talking, both moms left to go get them all some lunch leaving Woohyun alone with Sunggyu.  It was then that Woohyun figured that it would be best to make his move.  

“So Sunggyu-hyung do you have a bandaid?” Woohyun asked nonchalantly.  

“Uh sorry no I don’t think so,” Sunggyu replied a little puzzled at Woohyun’s random question.  “Why?”  

“Because I just scraped my knee falling for you,” Woohyun finished giving Sunggyu a greasy grin.  

“Wh-wha...?” Sunggyu’s eyes widened in shock and his jaw went slack.  

“You know hyung most people like to watch the Olympics, because they only happen once every 4 years, but I'd rather talk to you cause the chance of meeting someone so special only happens once in a lifetime,” Woohyun continued on to a speechless Sunggyu.  

‘I-is he trying to use cheesy pick up lines on me?’ Sunggyu thought to himself completely dumbfounded and caught off guard by Woohyun’s level of confidence.  

“Do you have a mirror in your pocket hyung?” Woohyun asked smirking arrogantly.  “Because I can see myself in your pants.”  

This line in particular snapped Sunggyu out of his state of shock and he glared furiously at Woohyun.  

“Disgusting arrogant ert!” Sunggyu spat out venomously before angrily storming off.  

Woohyun, who was a little surprised by his actions, raised his eyebrows his eyes widening slightly before his arrogant smirk settled back on his face.  

“So hyung playing hard to get huh?” Woohyun said chuckling to himself.  “Well you can only resist me for so long~”

Over the course of the next year Woohyun took advantage of every opportunity he had to flirt with Sunggyu (occasionally embarrassing him in the process) and Sunggyu became more and more repulsed by him each time.  (Not that Woohyun knew that...)  Woohyun was not used to being rejected and he loved a challenge, so in reality each time that Sunggyu rejected him actually gave him even more motivation to try harder.  After about a year of chasing, Woohyun decided that it was finally time to just straightforwardly ask Sunggyu out.  He waited until a couple days after Sunggyu’s college graduation party before marching straight up to his front door.  He knocked on the door and was happy when he saw that it was Sunggyu who opened it.  

“What do you want?” Sunggyu asked his eyes squinting into a glare aimed straight at Woohyun.  

“Hyung I know that you’ve been trying hard to play hard to get for the past year but why don’t you just give it up already and let me give you your belated graduation present of the honor of going out with me?” Woohyun said giving Sunggyu his signature arrogant smirk.  

“WHAT!” Sunggyu exclaimed furiously.  “Let’s just get one thing straight first of all: I WOULD NEVER EVER GO OUT WITH YOU NAM WOOHYUN EVEN IF YOU WERE THE LAST PERSON ON EARTH!  And another thing this past year I haven’t been playing hard to get I just really am extremely repulsed and disgusted by you.  I would never go out with someone as extremely arrogant, irritating, and self-absorbed as you!”

With that Sunggyu slammed the door in Woohyun’s face and Woohyun just stood there completely shocked.  

“D-did he just reject me?” Woohyun stuttered out still not able to grasp the reality of the situation.  

Then it hit him...hard.  

“No one rejects Nam Woohyun!  Just you wait Kim Sunggyu I will make you fall in love with me just you wait and see!” Woohyun yelled angrily up at Sunggyu’s house.  

A couple days later Woohyun found out that Sunggyu moved to Seoul’s business district to work for his family’s company.  

*End of flashback*

--

“But wasn’t Sunggyu-hyung rejecting you back then actually a good thing?” Sungyeol asked still confused.  “He helped you change for the better.  I mean I love you like a brother but even you have to admit that back then you were quite the arrogant jerk.”  

“Yeah I know but that’s not the point,” Woohyun pointed out.  “He still broke my heart and I need my revenge.”  

“But Woohyun-ah...don’t you still like him?” Sungyeol asked gently and cautiously.  “Aren’t you going to end up hurting yourself too?”

“That doesn’t matter I’ve already been hurt before.  The only important thing is that I’m able to hurt Sunggyu,” Woohyun replied seriously.  “Don’t worry Yeol I know what I’m doing.”  

“Okay if you say so,” Sungyeol said but from his tone of voice it was easy to see that he was still worried regardless.  

“Kim Sunggyu broke my heart,” Woohyun said bitterly.  “So the only way to get back at him is by breaking his.”

“Okay I’ll just be waiting by the sidelines to comfort both of you when your plan crashes and burns,” Sungyeol said sighing.  

The line went silent for a while.  

“...You’re doing so much better Yeol,” Woohyun said softly smiling a little.  “It’s hard to believe already that you were so bad before.”  

“Well I couldn’t have gotten through it so well if it hadn’t been for you and Sunggyu-hyung,” Sungyeol replied smiling too.  

“I swear if I ever see that guy again I’ll beat him up until he’s unrecognizable,” Woohyun said anger building.  

“Relax Woohyun I’m over it already and I’m better,” Sungyeol assured him.  

“Okay if you say so,” Woohyun said sighing.  “Oh yeah Yeol I need you to promise me something.”  

“Sure what is it?” Sungyeol asked.  

“Promise me that after I break Sunggyu’s heart that...you’ll be there to comfort him okay?” Woohyun said softly.  

“Of course.  I promise,” Sungyeol replied.

 

 

'I'll get my revenge on you Kim Sunggyu - you who stole my mind and soul away...' 







------

And here’s chapter two~

Woogyu’s past is revealed! ….but another mystery presents itself: what happened to sungyeol?

You’ll just have to wait and see but don’t worry it will be revealed soon~

Wow 43 subscribers already from only one chapter 0.0 thanks so much i love u guys so much!!!!

Sorry that this chapter took kinda long to be posted but from this point on i will be updating three times a week and prob on monday, wednesday, and friday

So until next time my dear readers bye bye~  ^-^/


Remember to subscribe and comment I love to hear what you all think <3