Chapter Twenty

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 20

After staying up all night, Woohyun, Sungyeol, and Myungsoo came up with a foolproof plan.

*Text messaging*

From: Yeol
To: Gyu-hyung

Hyung can you meet me at the gazebo behind the hotel in fifteen minutes?

From: Gyu
To: Yeol-ah

Why?

From: Yeol
To: Gyu-hyung

Ah don’t ask questions just make sure you come in fifteen minutes!! i’m serious hyung it’s something really important!! 0.0

From: Gyu
To: Yeol-ah

Fine fine don’t worry I’ll be there.

From: Yeol
To: Woo

The plan is a go *evil grin*

--

Woohyun took deep breaths to try to calm himself as he walked to the gazebo once the time had come.  As he got closer he could see Sunggyu sitting there already.  They had planned the time to perfectly set a romantic mood with the sun just setting on the ocean view and the string lights that decorated the gazebo having just .  Woohyun took another deep breath before walking up to the gazebo and stepping in.  Sunggyu, who had previously been looking down at the floor, looked up when he heard someone enter the gazebo and his eyes went wide when he saw that it was Woohyun.  

“Wh-what are you doing here?  Where’s Sungyeol?” Sunggyu asked confused.

“I asked him to call you out here,” Woohyun explained.  “Hyung we really need to talk.”

“There’s nothing to talk about,” Sunggyu said quickly as he got up from his sitting position not looking Woohyun in the eye and attempting to flee.

“Yes there is,” Woohyun said firmly as he caught Sunggyu by the shoulder preventing him from escaping.  “Please hyung will you just hear me out for a second?”

Sunggyu heaved a heavy sigh and went back to where he was sitting and sat down again in a silent gesture of telling Woohyun to go on.  Woohyun walked over to where Sunggyu was sitting and sat down next to him.  An slightly tense silence fell over them until Woohyun suddenly spoke up.  

“Do you remember the last time we saw each other before this trip?” Woohyun asked rhetorically.  

Sunggyu let out a frustrated huff, “Look if you’re trying to make me regret rejecting you back then then it’s too late I alread-”

“NO!” Woohyun quickly cut in panicked.  “No no no no I don’t want you to ever even think about regretting that...because I know that I never will.”

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun confused.

“Hyung do you want to know the secret of the reason as to why I changed?” Woohyun asked and Sunggyu nodded cautiously.  “The reason I changed back then was...you.  You’re the reason why I changed.

Sunggyu’s eyes widened in shock over this new information and Woohyun chuckled a little to himself before continuing.  

“Back when I confessed to you I know that I was a real arrogant jerk and before you rejected me I had never been rejected by anyone before. Because of that you can imagine how furious I was when you gave me my first rejection and I was even more furious when I found out that you had left the next day and moved away.  I was so furious and enraged that I swore that I would get revenge on you for being the first person to break my heart.  My plan was to change and improve myself so that I could become someone that you would regret ever rejecting.  So from that point on I worked really hard to improve my grades, my personality, and my relationships with my family and friends.  As I started to change I slowly started to realize how bad I really was and then I started to hate you for making me realize just how messed up I was.  I’m glad I changed though since I think the old me wouldn’t have been able to think about anyone else but himself long enough to have been able to help Sungyeol when he was going through his depression.  The real reason that I came on this trip though was to finally set my plan of revenge into action.  It was pretty simple really I just had to show you the new changed me, make you fall in love with me, and then reject you and break your heart just like you did to me so many years ago.”

Sunggyu was looking at him horrified and speechless and Woohyun let out another long sigh before continuing again.  

“But I didn’t count on one thing: me still having feelings for you,” Woohyun said a small smile forming on his lips at his subtle confession.  “A few days ago I realized this and I freaked out thinking that I wouldn’t be able to follow through with my revenge.  I thought about it thoroughly though and I decided that since I went through all the trouble of coming on this trip just to finally get my revenge that I should just it up and do it.  I chickened out though yesterday when you confessed to me and freaked out at the thought of having to reject you and hurt you so I did like any other coward would do and I ran away.  I realized later though that my running away probably gave you the wrong impression and that you probably thought that I rejected you so I knew we had to talk as soon as possible.  I’m thankful that you rejected me back then hyung.  If you hadn’t who knows if I ever would’ve changed.  I may’ve still been the same arrogant jerk I was back then and worst yet you would be unhappy with me.  If I could do things over again I wouldn’t change a thing.  And I wanted to tell you that...no it’s not too late for you to change your mind because my feelings for you are still the same if not greater than they were before.”

Woohyun turned to a still very frozen in shock Sunggyu and patted him gently on the cheek.  

“Earth to Gyu-hyung are you there?” Woohyun asked chuckling.

Suddenly Sunggyu tackled Woohyun into a hug throwing him off guard and squeezed him tightly as if he were to let go this would all be revealed to have been just a dream.  

“I’m so glad,” Sunggyu whispered into Woohyun’s ear and Woohyun felt a few warm tears fall onto his neck that just made him hug Sunggyu back and squeeze him just as tightly.

“I’m so sorry that you had to fall for a guy like me,” Woohyun said softly still squeezing Sunggyu tightly.  “All I’ve done so far is just cause you pain and unhappiness but if you’ll give me a chance then I promise to work for the rest of my life to make you the happiest person in the world.  So hyung will you be mine?”

Sunggyu loosened the hug so that he could pull back some and look Woohyun in the eyes and he smiled warmly and nodded.  Woohyun smiled back and slowly leaned forward and Sunggyu met him halfway for their long awaited(but well worth the wait) sweet first kiss.

--

“I tricked him.”

“Huh?” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun confused straightening a little so that he could clearly see his face.  

They were still in the gazebo sitting on the bench cuddling and basking in the silence and in each other’s presence.  It was so silent that they could hear the waves coming up and hitting the rock wall under them.  

“Remember back when you confessed to me yesterday you said that you don’t know how I finally got Sungyeol to go see a psychiatrist when he was depressed?  Well that’s how I got him to go I tricked him,” Woohyun explained chuckling a little at the memory.

“How’d you pull that off?” Sunggyu asked curiously.  

“I told him that I would buy him coffee and of course he willingly got into my car,” Woohyun started to explain.  “He was really mad when we arrived at the psychiatrist’s office though but I made a deal with him that I would still buy him coffee if he would agree to just go to one session with the psychiatrist.  After the first time he ended up really liking it and agreed to go on a regular basis from then on but I was still forced to buy him coffee after every session...that brat.”

“And your sacrifice is well appreciated,” Sunggyu said chuckling and leaning over to peck Woohyun on his forehead.

Woohyun smiled warmly at this and squeezed Sunggyu’s hand which was intertwined in his own, “I’m just glad that Sungyeol’s finally getting his happily ever after with Myungsoo.  It’s the happiest I’ve seen him in years.”

“And we’re getting our happily ever after as well,” Sunggyu said squeezing Woohyun’s hand back and leaning over to plant another sweet kiss on his lips.






 

 

 



----------------

Finally Woogyu is together!!!!

omg i feel so bad for taking so long to post this it’s just that i’ve been so so busy lately ㅠㅠ
thank you to everyone who stuck around though and i hope that this woogyu chapter was worth the wait!!

there’s still one more little wrap up chapter/epilogue coming up though so stick around just a bit longer and be patient please~

I love you all and thank you so much for following and supporting my story all this time!! <3

So until next time my lovely subscribers bye ^-^/

Please remember to subscribe and comment i love to hear what you all think~