Chapter Eight

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

After Myungsoo’s shift had ended he and Sungyeol had left the restaurant and headed to a nearby cafe.  On their way there it started to rain so they quickly ran so they wouldn’t get that wet.  Once they got there they found a table, sat down, and waited for a waitress to come and take their order.  

“So Sungyeol tell me about yourself,” Myungsoo said chuckling a little at his lame and awkward conversation starter.  

“Well you already know that I can’t swim,” Sungyeol started laughing and loosening up the awkwardness some.  “I’m a university student from Seoul but I’m here with my cousin and some of our friends for vacation.”  

“So those are the people you were with,” Myungsoo commented.  “Which one was your cousin?”

“He was the one that looked like a hamster with really small eyes like this,” Sungyeol said pulling the ends of his eyes with his fingers so they became small slits.  

“O-okay I know which one you’re talking about now,” Myungsoo said hardly able to speak because he was laughing so much.  “Hmm well I’m a university student too but I go to school here on Jeju and I work part-time at my aunty and uncle’s restaurant.  You’re lucky you get to live in Seoul.  I love it there so I’m probably going to try to move there after I graduate.”  

“Wow that’d be cool then we can hang out more later,” Sungyeol said smiling at the thought.  

The waitress came then and they both ordered coffee and when it came Sungyeol grinned excitedly at the cup.  He took a sip of the coffee and the grin on his face widened.  

“You really like coffee don’t you?” Myungsoo asked taking a sip of his coffee too.  

“Yeah I do.  I love it,” Sungyeol said taking another sip of his coffee but suddenly he paused his eyes going wide in shock.  “Wait you drink your coffee black?”  

“Yeah I do.  Why?” Myungsoo replied puzzled.  

“It’s just you’re one of the only people I know who does,” Sungyeol explained his face scrunching up in distaste.  “Most people put in so much sugar and cream that what they’re drinking can’t even be considered coffee anymore.”

“Well I don’t like to put all that stuff in my coffee because I think it ruins the natural flavor of the coffee and you can’t truly appreciate it if you do that,” Myungsoo said looking up at Sungyeol from his cup and Sungyeol felt his heart skip a beat.  

“That’s exactly how I feel too,” Sungyeol said smiling softly.  

By the time they were ready to leave the cafe the storm was blowing at full force and the thunder was booming violently.  

“It doesn’t look like it’s going to be letting up anytime soon,” Sungyeol said looking out at the sky and sighing.  

“Yeah...well I have an umbrella and my house is really close by here so we can make a run for it if you want,” Myungsoo said smirking and raising an eyebrow at Sungyeol.  “It’d be much more comfortable waiting out the storm there.”  

Sungyeol was a little surprised at first but then smirked right back at Myungsoo, “Okay let’s go for it!”  

Myungsoo opened up his umbrella and hooked his arm in Sungyeol’s and Sungyeol felt himself blush at the unexpected contact.  Before he had too much time to think about it though he heard Myungsoo speak up from next to him.  

“Ready?” Myungsoo asked him and Sungyeol just nodded dumbly.  “Okay let’s go run!”

Sungyeol didn’t even have time to blink before he was dragged out into the rain by Myungsoo and the both of them started running away from the cafe.  Before Sungyeol knew it they were both running, laughing, squealing, and almost falling over as they tried to get through the rain.  Myungsoo even almost lost the umbrella a few times as the wind whipped violently around them.  Eventually they had stopped using the umbrella altogether and their walk home had turned into a game of tag in the rain.  Sungyeol laughed like a maniac as he ran away from Myungsoo but the other eventually caught up to him and grabbed him into a hug from behind.  

“We should head to my house already before we both get sick,” Myungsoo shouted above the pounding rain to Sungyeol.  

“Yeah you’re right,” Sungyeol said nodding.  

Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol’s hand and pulled him off in the direction of his house.  By the time they got there they were both shivering as Myungsoo unlocked the door.  Myungsoo’s house turned out to be a small cozy apartment that looked only big enough for one or two people.  

“Do you live here by yourself?” Sungyeol asked as they walked into the living room.  

“Yeah I came to live here once college started since it’s a lot closer to the school than my house is,” Myungsoo explained.  “I’ll go get you a towel and some dry clothes.  I’ll be right back.”  

As Sungyeol stood awkwardly in the living room he took the time to look around.  The interior was fairly simplistic with not much besides a couch, coffee table, and tv and not much color.  Still awkward and not knowing what to do Sungyeol shifted from foot to foot until Myungsoo came back dressed in dry clothes with a towel around his neck.  

“Here’s a towel and some dry clothes you can change in the bathroom it’s right down the hall,” Myungsoo said handing him said items and motioning down the hall towards the bathroom.  

“Okay thanks,” Sungyeol said taking the things and heading down the hall.  

When Sungyeol came back he found Myungsoo sitting on the couch watching tv.  

“Oh you’re done.  Come here,” Myungsoo said once he noticed Sungyeol and motioned for him to come over to the couch.  

Sungyeol walked over to the couch and sat next to Myungsoo.  

“Since it doesn’t look like the storm is going to let up anytime soon I thought we could watch a movie,” Myungsoo suggested gesturing towards the coffee table where he had laid out many movie choices.  “You can pick.”  

“Okay, let’s see what you’ve got,” Sungyeol said starting to sift through the movies laid out on the table.  “Y-you have Titanic?”

Sungyeol broke out into hysterical laughter clutching his sides and tears b on the sides of his eyes.  

“Y-yah what’s wrong with that!  It’s a good movie!” Myungsoo retorted cheeks turning slightly pink in embarrassment.  

“No nothing’s wrong with that it’s just that I wouldn’t expect someone like you to have it,” Sungyeol explained once he calmed down some from laughing and held up the Titanic dvd.  “Let’s watch it!”  

“You laugh at me for having it then you’re the one who wants to watch it?  You sure are an interesting one,” Myungsoo said chuckling as he put the dvd in and went back to sit down next to Sungyeol.  

“I’m unique,” Sungyeol said crossing his arms and beaming proudly.  

“Yes you are,” Myungsoo said grinning.  

About half way through the movie Myungsoo felt Sungyeol’s head fall softly onto his and heard his breathing even out.  Myungsoo adjusted them so that his head was resting comfortably on Sungyeol’s shoulder and so that Sungyeol’s head was resting on his and sighed contently closing his eyes.  

‘Lee Sungyeol how is it that I find myself already falling for you?’





----------

Here’s chapter 8 the myungyeol date night chapter~ ^-^

Hehe i know lots of you were anticipating this chapter so i hope you all liked it

No one was able to guess correctly so i’ll reveal now that the song that sunggyu sang for woohyun was Nell’s “Walking through the Time of Remembrance”  because he actually did sing it before and is a fan of Nell ^-^b

The next chapter will be myungyeol and woogyu’s mornings so anticipate it~

PS: sorry this story is mostly going to be main woogyu and myungyeol so there won’t be as much yadong but they will get together and will have more moments soon i promise!

So until next chapter my lovely subscribers bye bye ^-^/

Remember to subscribe and comment i love to hear what you all think~