Chapter Sixteen

A Guy Like Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 16

Sungyeol kept running as fast as he could and didn’t stop until he reached the vacation house.  When he got to the front door he unlocked it and ran as fast as he could again up to his room and slammed the door.  The other four who were in the living room watching tv silently watched as Sungyeol ran up stairs and jumped when they heard his door slam shut.  They looked at each other worried until Sunggyu spoke up.  

“I’ll go talk to him,” Sunggyu said getting up and heading for the stairs.  

“Hold on I’ll go with you,” Woohyun said getting up and following him.  

When they got up to Sungyeol’s room and tried to open the door to go and talk with him though they discovered that it was locked.  They looked at each other extremely worried and Woohyun tried to knock on the door.  

“Yeol-ah are you okay?” Woohyun called through the door.  “Can you please open the door?”

There wasn’t any response though and they got even more worried.  

“Sungyeol please open the door and talk to us,” Sunggyu called out desperately.  “We’re really worried about you.”  

There still wasn’t any response but suddenly they heard someone knock on the front door.  They knew that Hoya and Dongwoo probably didn’t hear it since they were in another room with the tv on so they both sighed before going back downstairs to answer it.  When they opened the door they were met with the sight of a very tired looking Myungsoo.  

“I-is S-sungyeol here?” Myungsoo asked between pants still trying to catch his breath from running there.  

“Yeah he is.  He came back just a few minutes ago and locked himself in his room,” Woohyun replied.  

“Aw damn it!” Myungsoo swore clutching his head frustrated and pulling his hair.  

“Calm down Myungsoo and tell us what happened,” Sunggyu said worried now by both Sungyeol locked in his room and by Myungsoo’s behavior.  

“Well I was waiting for him in front of my family’s restaurant and talking to my cousin.  My cousin and I were always really close since we practically grew up together so if he ever hugs me or kisses my cheek then it’s no big deal at all,” Myungsoo began explaining then sighed.  “But Sungyeol just happened to seem him doing those things and I think that he thought that my cousin is my boyfriend.  After he saw us like that he just ran off and didn’t even let me explain...”

“Oh no this is bad this is really bad,” Woohyun said while massaging his temples.  “I don’t think it’ll be so easy to explain it to him.”

“What do you mean?” Myungsoo asked confused.  

“Well you see I’m not sure how much of this I should reveal to you but in short, in his last relationship Sungyeol was hurt really badly and he hasn’t gotten close to anyone since...until he met you,” Sunggyu explained.  

“Do you really like Sungyeol?” Woohyun asked Myungsoo.  

“Yeah...yeah I do a lot,” Myungsoo said a small smile forming on his face.  

“Then confess to him,” Woohyun replied.  

“Please Myungsoo...Sungyeol’s like a brother to us and we really don’t want to see him be sad and alone again,” Sunggyu said looking at Myungsoo pleadingly.  “Please help Sungyeol know that it’s okay for him to love again...that it’s possible.”  

“Okay I’ll do it,” Myungsoo said confidently.  “Leave it to me.”  

--

Over the next few days Sungyeol hardly left his room besides to eat and go to the bathroom but also in those days Myungsoo was busy making his big plan.  On the day that the plan was to be put into action Woohyun and Sunggyu burst into Sungyeol’s dark room unannounced and tried to forcefully make him leave.  

“No I don’t want to go anywhere I refuse!” Sungyeol shrieked hanging onto his bed posts as Woohyun tried to drag him out of his bed.  

“Come on you haven’t left the house in three days you’re wasting away this vacation!” Woohyun argued back pulling harder at Sungyeol’s legs.  

“I don’t care!  It’s my vacation let me waste it if I want to!” Sungyeol exclaimed his knuckles turning white on the bedposts from trying to stay on the bed.  

“You’re impossible!” Woohyun said frustratedly throwing his hands up in the air giving up from trying to pull Sungyeol from his bed.  

“Leave it to me I’ll get him to come out,” Sunggyu said smirking and walked over to the lump under the blanket that was Sungyeol.  “Hey Yeol-ah want to go get some coffee?  I’ll pay and you can get whatever you want.”  

There was a brief moment of silence before the mound of blankets spoke, “Anything I want?”

“Yeah anything but if you’re not downstairs and ready to leave in the next ten minutes then the offer expires,” the last word had barely left Sunggyu’s lips before a shrieking Sungyeol exploded from the mound of blankets and started running around the room.  

“NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Sungyeol shrieked frantically trying to get ready.  

“We’ll be waiting for you downstairs,” Sunggyu said as he walked out of the room with Woohyun following him.  

--

About five minutes later Sungyeol bolted down the stairs to where Sunggyu and Woohyun were waiting.  

“Okay I’m ready let’s go!” Sungyeol cheered.  

Sunggyu and Woohyun nodded and the three of them left.  On the way there Sungyeol started to excitedly tell Sunggyu in excruciating detail exactly what he wanted to get and from what Sunggyu could comprehend this drink sounded EXPENSIVE.  Once the closest cafe got into view Sungyeol’s excitement suddenly died and he frowned.  

“Are they closed it looks kinda dark inside,” Sungyeol said pouting sadly.  

“No I’m sure they’re open let’s just go check,” Sunggyu said and Sungyeol nodded and continued walking.  

When they got to the cafe Sungyeol opened the door and went in but saw that the cafe was dark and deserted inside.  

“That’s strange if it’s closed then why was the door open,” Sungyeol thought out loud.  

He turned around when he didn’t receive any response from Sunggyu and Woohyun and was surprised to see that they weren’t behind him.  Puzzled he was about to leave the cafe when suddenly the lights went on.  Sungyeol turned around and realized that it wasn’t the regular lights in the cafe but some christmas string lights that the cafe had been decorated with.  They hadn’t been there before when he had visited the cafe the first time and they illuminated the cafe with a dim warm glow.  Suddenly the door that led to the kitchen opened and Myungsoo stepped out from behind it.  

“M-myungsoo,” Sungyeol quietly stuttered out his eyes growing wide in shock.  

His brain told him to get out of there as quickly as possible but his feet were frozen in place so all he could do was watch in horror as Myungsoo got closer and closer until he was standing right in front of him.  

“Sungyeol...I’m so relieved to see you again,” Myungsoo said smiling warmly at him and Sungyeol was left speechless his face turning red.  Seeing that Sungyeol wasn’t going to say anything anytime soon, Myungsoo took a deep breath and continued.  “First of all I want you to know that I would never do anything to purposefully hurt you that’s the last thing I’d ever want to do.  I’m so sorry about the misunderstanding that happened a few days ago but if you’d let me explain then I hope it will clear things up.  The guy you saw me with in front of the cafe that day was my cousin.  We practically grew up together and he’s like a brother to me so it’s normal for him to act that affectionate.  Please believe me he’s my cousin so of course there’s nothing more than brotherly feelings between us I promise.  I’m sorry I know that you’ve been hurt really bad in the past but if you’ll allow me to then I’d like to take all you bad memories and turn them into good one.  Starting right here today in the place where we had our first unofficial date and in the place where I confessed to you...I really like you Sungyeol.  Please allow me to be the one to heal your heart.”

Sungyeol stood there wide eyed and speechless his face warm and red and his heart pounding violently in his chest.  Myungsoo bit his lip nervously at Sungyeol’s lack of an immediate response.  He was suddenly thrown off guard though when Sungyeol suddenly tackled him in a hug.  

“Is that a yes?” Myungsoo asked uncertain.  

“Of course,” Sungyeol said softly smiling.  

Myungsoo pulled back slightly so that he could look Sungyeol in the eyes smiling at him warmly.  Sungyeol smiled back and they both started to lean in slowly until their lips met in a sweet kiss.  

“I really like you too,” Sungyeol whispered between their kisses.  

‘...I should’ve guessed something was up when Gyu-hyung asked me to go get coffee with him and Woohyun...he wouldn’t intentionally go out for coffee with Woohyun...’






--------------------

...And here’s chapter 16!!!

I’m so so so so so so so so sorry that this chapter took so long!!!  Please forgive me I feel completely horrible!!!

….i kinda got distracted...by jpop

So I wanted to ask you all are any of you currently or used to be JPOP Johnny’s fans?

I was just wondering since a kpop loving friend i have also likes jpop too

In case you’d all like to know the groups i like are Arashi, NEWS, KAT-TUN, HSJ, Kis-My-Ft2, and y Zone~

...So in other news myungyeol is finally officially together!!! How did u all like this chapter?  I hope it was worth the wait~

Now it’s only the woogyu couple that’s left and i think this story will have approximately 20 chapters

So until next time my lovely subscribers bye ^-^/

Remember to subscribe and comment i love to hear what you all think ^-^b