I sighed and ticked "day 1..."

Love On a Farm?! I Don't Think So...

My vision was a bit vague, if I wasn't mistaking it was a hot summer day and I was relaxing with my umma in the garden. Butterflies were surrounding me and flying above the colourful flowers from the fields my mother and I had sown by ourself. Or are they bees...?
I don’t know, they looked like butterflies but they were making weird buzzing sounds. Humming butterflies...?
Everything became drowsy and I couldn’t really fathom what exactly was happening. It wasn’t a bright summerday, it was rather dark but it was warm here and sweaty... ugh. Like the rain from the sky had made my body moist.

I made some movements and understood I was sitting straight right now. I looked around to see if there were really buzzing butterflies, and if I was actually outside my house. That’s when the noises seemed to turn into snoring sounds coming out of Eunhyuk’s direction.

It was too warm in this room and my body felt sticky. In my drunken sleep I threw my pillow at Eunhyuk’s head, making the sounds getting disturbed. I turned around trying to continue my sleep but then I remembered my plan again.
In a split second I remembered life from yesterday. I rubbed my eyes a few times and headed to the shower. When I was done, everybody was still sleeping, as expected.

Quickly I tiptoed to the living room and took the radio.
I said I’d only use the telephone for emergencies but I never said anything about the radio... Muhahah
Unfortunately I didn’t have a loud speaker box...Damnit.

I went back to the kitchen and brought two lids from pans.
I placed the radio between the two rooms and turned the volume to the maximum. Then I pressed ‘on’ and slammed the lids along with the rhythm.
I heard some groans from both rooms but no movements and no footsteps on the floor. I waited for about a minute until Donghae came out of his room. He looked weary and his hair resembled a bird’s nest. Without saying a word he took the lids from my hands, turned off the radio and went back to sleep.

Jerks... I should learn them to have more discipline.

Suddenly I knew how to get them awake. I smiled cheekily and inhaled once.

“Everybody get out off there or it will be NO FOOD ALL DAY!” I shouted at the top of my lungs.

...

No reaction at all...
Until the door from Heechul’s room slowly opened and Shindong poured his head out.

“N-no eating today...?” He looked worried.

I smiled “Aniyo...” and walked away.

“Y-yah! Heechul-ah! Get your out off bed...” I heard Shindong yelling.

After about two hours, the living room was filled with people and everyone was done showering etc. I started counting them.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7..
Um, no... 1, 2, 3, 4... yeah really just seven kids...
I grabbed my lids again, ready to kick number eight out off bed but Kangin interrupted right before I was about to slam and used his strong hands to pull them away.

“Ah. Why are you ruining the fun...?” I questioned him.

“No more Nayoung... knowing him, he’s probably already in the bathroom...” Sleepy Kangin looked irritated.

Slowly I shifted to the bathroom and found the door unlocked. I knocked once and got no respond so I quietly opened the door.
Leader was infront of the mirror, admiring himself with sleepy eyes. He tried to flip his long blondish hair back but it kept on hanging infront of his face.

“Oh, Na-young ah... Do you perhaps have any hair products in this house? My hairstyle doesn’t look pretty like this. Don’t you think?”

I looked at him in a strange way. Never in my whole life I met a guy who cared about those things. I mean, there were hardly guys to find here in this “neighbourhood” but I thought only girls bothered about being pretty or not. Rich girls, I mean. Girls out of town.

“Well...?” He asked.

Oops, was I staring? He noticed my nervous look and started laughing, showing those dimples again.

“I guess that’s a no...” He said and turned back to the mirror.

“Why do you need it, you look pretty.” I said bluntly.

“Really?” He turned back to me. “Then I’ll keep it like this, since a girl said I should do that... and girls always know everything about this...”

“Hyung, we’re hungry!” Strong-hands shouted from downstairs.

“I’m coming, coming, I still need to get changed...” Leader hopped over to his room.

I sighed. Seriously I didn’t know there could be someone like this, getting up so late, caring about useless things.
I looked at myself in the mirror... my hair doesn’t look pretty, does it? I took the clippings out of the usual bun in my hair and let my hair fall over my shoulders. I combed my fingers through my hair, would it look better if I just kept it loose...?

“You’re done?”

I stiffened.

Heechul stuck his head around the door.

I cleared my throat. “Yeah, of course!”

Quickly I redid the bun on my hair and smiled at myself. Then I realized Heechul hadn’t stopped looking at me.

“Yah. You look old like that... I’ll do it!”

Heechul stepped forward and reached for my hair.
Before I could do anything he was already grabbing the bun and released it from it’s clippings. He slid his fingers in his pocket and took out a tube with hairwax, which the manager said was prohibited to bring.
Then he began rubbing it through my hair. He made it puffy on the back, then he took little elastics out of his pocket. They looked like those dentist’s elastics, which I got on my braces when I was younger.

“Oh wait, wait. Are you going to put that in my hair?!” I protested.

“Yah stay still, if you want to be pretty you have to suffer...”

Before I could do anything he took the front strands of hair and pulled them back with the small elastics, then he made the back messy with some more wax. Satisfied he took a step back and admired his creation.

“Aren’t you pretty like this?” He said, half to me, half to himself.

“I look like you...” I stated a little annoyed.

(Watch the hairstyle here: http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/Ireneluvsfanfics/Heechullie.jpg)

A smile appeared on his face.

“That’s positive then...” He said, checking his own face again in the mirror.

“Why didn’t I bring my eyeliner...” he murmured to himself.

NO I DID NOT HEAR THAT WELL! Aish these guys... so conceited.

I pinched his shoulder. “Breakfast is ready in five minutes, tell your leader we have a lot of work to do today and you two should come down quickly...”

I turned away and walked downstairs. To my surprise Sungmin was setting the table. I was happy at least one person bothered to help out a little. I walked over to the wall where the calender hung. We use this calender to count the number of days we need to sow and the... non-sowing days...
I sighed looking at it, still sixty days left...
I took a pencil from the cabinet and ticked “day one”

“Noona help...”

I turned around to see Sungmin carrying nine plates and almost dropping them by the heavy weight.

“Oh no, not all at the same time silly...” I rushed over to him and took half of them. I placed them neatly on the table. I think I’ll be able to get along with Sungmin the most.
I ran back to the kitchen to check on the ddukbokkie. Sungmin followed me.

“Noona, do you need help?”

“Oh try this, and tell me if it’s ok, since you all might not be used to the taste in the countryside...” I held up the spoon.

“Oh, noona... it’s delicious.” he smiled childish.

As I walked back to the living room I noticed something wasn’t right immidiately. I have a special sense to instantly find out when something crucial is missing. Especially when it comes to earlier occurances where I had to take notice of people pursuing certain stuff.
WHERE is the TELEPHONE?!

I walked back to the bedroom and heard a loud voice – Mr. Conceited – talking to nobody in particular.

“Yah, bring me that laptop today, okay?! I need it...........I dunno..........TAKE AN OLDER CAR!............no, there are no fangirls..........”

That’s when I burst into the room, ready to scold him.

“Oh, gotta go, Smelly Hands is co... aahhh”

I grabbed his hand and ripped away the phone harshly.

“Ah, my hand... it hurts...” he whined, caressing the spot on his hand.

“Yah, but why did you grab away the phone?! I was talking to Hongsi Hongsi!”

“WHO?!”

“Aish... you’re really a no-lifer... I was talking to my friend Lee Hongki...” he started to explain but I cut him off.

“Whatever... breakfast is ready.” I turned around to walk away but stopped. “Oh by the way... DON’T USE THE TELEPHONE!”

– After breakfast –

We were driving in this little countryside car to the open fields. Kangin, Heechul, Leeteuk, Shindong and Eunhyuk looked annoyed by the burning sun and knowing they have to work underneath it for the whole day seemed to make it worse.
Donghae and Sungmin cared less about it. They were also the more quiet ones in the group. I knew by now that there were originally a total of thirteen members in the group. How do they survive with so many?
Monkeyface started complaining about everything, the car was too small and the heat was making him sleepy. The roof was too low... and he isn’t even THAT tall.

“Yah! Please open the window a little more! Somebody stinks...”

He was taking glances at me.
I felt the strong desire to turn around in my seat and punch him, but my hands were on the wheel. This kid! AISH... so stuck-up.
I gave him an if-looks-could-kill-you’d-be-dead-by-now glare through the front mirror. He looked away and focused on some flowers outside.
Ofcourse Strong-hands noticed the tension and started to interfere.

“Kids... please don’t fight!”

Seriously, why would you call us KIDS?!

I parked the car next to some bushes while everyone got off. I just noticed Eunhyuk brought his soccerball.

“Yah. Why did you bring that? I’ll just tell you now that you will not play but work!”

Donghae spoke up “Aaw, noona... can’t Eunhyuk and I play a little after the work is done?”

I could hardly say no, but I promised my mother we would work.

“No, we must listen to noona” Sungmin said honestly.

After a few minutes I put the guys to work and started removing weeds too.
Two hours went by. So far, I haven’t heard any ‘I’m tired’ or ‘I’m hungry’ so that’s okay...

“Aaaaahh!!!” Conceited was suddenly destroying the peace.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Yesung asked concerned

“...I just touched a maggot!” Heechul’s face was in horror.

“STOP!!!!!!!! DON’T MOVE...” Yesung demanded.

Everyone was now involved and looked at Yesung to see what all the commotion was about.

“...Ddangkoma likes them a lot.” (A/N his turtle ^^)

Another few hours went by. Yes, we skipped lunch. I never eat lunch. Of course they complained, but they just have to get used to it.
When it was around 5PM I was all worn-out so I told everyone to go back to the car. Heechul was still not over the shock of touching a maggot. His face muscles were tightened and he was paler than usual. His hand hung loosely and he ignored it like it didn’t belong to him.

“Um, guys... why is Donghae not here?” Eunhyuk asked suddenly.

Everyone stopped in their tracks and looked around to search for Donghae, but he was nowhere to be seen.

“Um… he’s not perhaps already at home is he?” Sungmin asked. “Didn’t he tell you Eunhyuk?”

Eunhyuk shook his head. Panic was readable on his face.

“Donghae-ah!!!!!!!!!!” Strong-hands shouted, but there was no respond beside the echo.

“How about Sungmin, Shindong and I are taking the car to look for him…” Leeteuk suggested.

“Ok hyung, then we’ll search the area around here…” Kangin said.

Everybody walked off in different directions to look for Donghae,. I decided to go and take a look at the neighbour’s house not too far away from here, but just as I was about to walk I heard sniffing sounds from behind me.

Monkeyface was rubbing his hands in his eyes. Then I realized he was crying.
Oh no not the tears…
It was a little uncomfortable and I didn’t really know what to do.
Then Eunhyuk plumped down on the… - MY onions.
I had the urge to mock him, but seeing him being emotional like this I couldn’t.

“Donghae… where are you…” he sniffed. His make-up was running.

I walked over to him and stood beside him.

“Hey, um… don’t cry…” I said awkwardly. Was this that stupid selfish monkey from last morning?

He kept on crying and there was nothing I could do so I slowly sat beside him and patted his back.

“Don’t worry, we’ll find him, or he’ll come back…” I said.

He sniffed a little but then he looked up and stared at me.

“Are you making an attempt to be nice?!” he said bluntly.

Aish!! That bastard…

I sighed and looked the other way, one second I thought he was changed…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~