And you are...?

Love On a Farm?! I Don't Think So...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Come in everybody, Pali Pali!” My mother was smiling uncontrollably.

I examined all their figures as they walked past me inside the house and concluded there was perhaps only one of them actually fit enough to do the work my umma had in mind. He was stronger built than the average guy.
My mother gave him a nudge on the shoulder and patted both his cheeks.

“Aren’t you a pretty boy?” she said.

He gave my umma a faint smile and from his looks you could tell he was a bit uncomfortable.

“Annyounghaseyo. I’m Kangin.”

When everybody gathered in our house, my umma turned to me. “Na-young-ah... don’t be like that, smile for them!”
Then she whispered something in my ear. “They are special people.” and gave me a smile.

The boys had placed themselves on the sofa and on a few chairs I had gathered together in the room next to this.

“Would you like to introduce yourselves?” my mother smiled.
I didn't know why she was always this over-friendly when rich people stopped by to visit our place. Maybe because that barely happened...

“Oh...Na-young-ah, why don’t you go prepare them our special tea made of the han yak Yong dam?” (in EHB they had to drink this too ^^’)

They all raised their eyebrows, curious of what that could be.

“I’m ms. Kim by the way, but just call me Na-young’s umma. We live with just the two of us. Our family has been living here for generations and generations already...” I heard her blabbering while I was in the kitchen preparing their tea.

Poor guys... they have no idea. The taste of this is very bitter. However, we drink this a lot so we’re kind of used to it. It’s like a tradition to us, so just in case I figured I'd better take some sweets with me.

When returning, I finally had some time to take a good look at them. I noticed one of them was chubbier than the others. Poor guy, life must be hard for him as an idol, and he probably can’t even help it. My uncle suffers from a slow working thyroid gland too. He ate little but nonetheless, his body mass number equaled twice his IQ score.

“Alright everyone, let’s drink on this vacation...” A guy with a little blondish hair exclaimed, raising his cup of tea. Everyone agreed by loud cheers and hand clapping.

Vacation?! They have no idea...
Ok here we go...
Swallow... and...
1...
2...
3...

“UHGGM!” one of the guys let out, almost spitting his tea out over the table.

You heard multiple laughs filling the room. One was really outstanding from all the others.
“Ahihih” a highpitched laugh came from the boy who just made the toast. He showed two dimples, which made him look like a child.
The one who was choking on the tea had a smile that showed his gums, which totally resembled a monkey. His hair was messy and blond.

After a few minutes I learned all their names. It turned out that the guy who talked the most was Leeteuk the “leader” or something. I mean puh-leeease...
Then came Kangin, he seemed to be a strong person and I guess my umma reserved the ‘special job’ for him.
Next was Shindong, the chubby one, and then came Sungmin. He was a quiet guy; I thought he was hard to read. His face was very feminine and sensitive. His body, on the contrary, showed he was tough and strong.
Then came monkey face. It turned out his name was Eunhyuk. Did I mention he carried a soccer ball? The youngest guy was named Donghae. I thought he was the most handsome, though it definitely looked like he could need a “vacation” like this. He sat there sunk back on the sofa, sprawling his legs. He gave an impression that said: “I don’t care”.

Meanwhile I was thinking about how we were going to get six people in one bedroom. Yes, we had only ONE spare room.

“Ummaaa...” I whined, “We don’t have enough matrasses.”

The manager noticed my umma’s nervous expression and didn’t hesitate a second.

“No worries Ajumma, we’ll take care of it, TODAY!”

I sighed deeply, knowing they are going to officially stay over. For TWO MONTHS! I guess our yearly cousin visit in town won’t happen this year. Not that I care much... I don’t really like town.
I took umma over to the laundry room.

“Ummaaa” I whined “They probably won’t even work or listen to us...”

“This is fantastic!” She let out enthusiastically. “It’s the right season, because it’s almost summer! We can till another piece of land, now that we have a lot more helpers!”

“A whole new land?!” I asked stunned.

“Yes ofcourse. It’s going to make a lot of money!”

“UMMA?!” I was indignant about it “I thought we didn’t care about money?” I asked confused.

“Don’t touch that Eunhyuk!” We heard a voice coming from the living room. It was hard to tell who it was but it sounded like tough guy.

*BANG*

“Holy crap!” we heard multiple gasps and some ‘ugh...’
Umma and I rushed back to the living room and noticed Eunhyuk and Donghae sitting on the ground, smiling faintly. Sungmin had his hand infront of his mouth, Kangin looked like he was about to stand up and apologize, Leeteuk was looking away awkwardly, not really willing to speak up for his dongsaengs and Shindong... was somehow staring at the sweets on the table, clearly considering whether it was the right moment to satisfy his needs.
A moment it was uncomfortably quiet. Then Shindong stretched out his hand and reached for the candy.
It seemed like monkey face was hiding something because his face shot bright red. I walked over to his place and spotted my own dearest grandma’s ash and her urn. Well... the remained pieces of her urn.
Oh...
no...

“AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaah ummaaaa!” my umma started crying when she noticed my face and realised what had happened.
Oh no a breakdown!

“Ok, quickly everybody, gather outside...” I said, gesturing to the door. They looked back at my umma weirdly as they followed me outside.

“Geez we are really sorry for that...” Leader started, finally fulfilling his ‘job’. “But does she always react that hysterically...? I mean it’s just a bit of ash and a piece of glass”

I ignored what he said. “Since you are all staying here, you should know a few crucial things about us. First of all, ‘parents’ are kind of a sensitive thing to her. She lost them during the war when she was a young girl, talking about my grandmother or grandfather is out of discussion!” I told him firmly.

He shrugged. “Yah! Eunhyuk! Be careful next time, apologize to Na-young...”

“Um... mianhaeyo...I will be careful next time.” he bowed.

Then Sungmin turned to me. “How old are you?”

“I’m turning 22 next month.”

“So Leeteuk, I and Shindong are older than you. Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Donghae are your dongsaengs.” Kangin said as a matter of fact. (A/N I’m going back a few years...)

“Aaahh...”Donghae let out a deep sigh in relief and threw his hands on the back of his head.
“This place is so nice... nobody recognizes us here.” he said

“But don’t you have any friends?” Sungmin asked me. This boy had a lot of questions, but he seemed the most friendly from all of them.

“No, I don’t have, but that’s alright...”

“Donghae-ah let’s go play soccer on that field!” Monkey-face announced, dragging him to an open space.

“Yah! You can’t! There has been sown!” I called out to him when he stepped over the iron wire.

“Hey, isn’t that the borderline from your territory...? Then this isn’t your soil...” he stated.

“It’s the neighbour’s!” I coughed. I really don’t like that guy.

“Guys, let’s go back home. I think we should check on your umma.” Leeteuk said.

“Neh...” I said, walking over to the house.

Leeteuk was dragging Eunhyuk and Donghae along and called to Kangin who was pulling Shindong and Sungmin away from the black berries.

To my surprise, umma was back to normal again. She was outside, talking to the manager who just returned with the matrasses.
However, more surprising was that there were another two guys, both having dark black hair. They carried luxury bags over their shoulders and were looking around.
WHO. ARE. THEY... How many more are there to come?!

One of them noticed me and pulled a weird face, like he was laughing with only one mouth angle up. His face was small and he wore sunglasses. The other guy was shorter, he had a little biggish head and wore also sunglasses. He was still looking around and didn't notice me.

“Oh there are Heechul and Yesung hyung!” Kangin exlaimed, clapping his hands.

Leeteuk turned to me. “Yah, can I use your phone for a moment?”

“Um, we only use that phone for emergency cases so, no.”

“Na-young-ah” my mother walked my way.

“Neh?”

“There’s really too less space for all of us. So umma has decided to go visit our cousins in town for as long as they are here... But you’ll take care of them, right?”

WEOH?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*pali = hurry
*umma = mother
*ajumma = adressing an older woman
*dongsaeng = younger one
*hyung = the way a younger guy adresses an older guy