Show-off

Love On a Farm?! I Don't Think So...

Just a quick chapter I thought I could write while taking short breaks from my work ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After he pulled away we were both blushing deeply. The color on his cheeks made a funny contrast with his hair color. I giggled while looking up and taking glances at Leeteuk. He looked at the ground in front of him and suppressed his laughter.
But after a silent moment he started speaking more seriously “Nayoung… you might already know this but… I really l-…”

“NAYOUNG? ARE YOU HERE?!” He was interrupted by a scream from outside the hut.

“Joonho?” I walked outside and saw he was searching the area. “I’m here!”

He turned around. “Oh, happy birthday, Nayoung!” He walked over to me and suddenly gave me a hug.

I looked at him in surprise when he released me. “You still remember my birthday?!”

“Of course I do, I remember we used to go biking to the coast to collect seaweed and make soup of it…”

I smiled remembering the old times. I haven’t been completely honest when I said I’ve never celebrated my birthday. The only times I celebrated my birthday were with Joonho.

“So um… do you…” he scratched the back of his head nervously, “wanna go to the shore?”

“Of course!” I let out enthusiastically and turned around to go get my very VERY old bike out of the dust in the back of the hut. Just when I was about to walk away, Leeteuk coughed almost inaudibly to get my attention.

I smiled “Uh…you wanna go as well?” I asked.

“Uh…” Leeteuk hesitated, since it would mean that he was going to have to carry me on my bike, which meant that I would probably be hugging him. His already pink cheeks grew even darker. It surprised me that Joonho hadn’t noticed anything.

“I’ll go get my bike!” I wanted to walk away again.

“Nayoung, wait!” Joonho spoke. “I have two bikes, they’re brand new and in a very good shape so don’t you think we should use them?” He asked and grinned.

“Oh… ok! So we have three bikes! Great, I’m going to change first though!” I ran in the house, while Joonho screamed “Take your time!”

I ran to my room and panted heavily. I looked at the wet stains on my working suit and before I realized I was squealing, remembering the kiss.
I wanted to open the window and scream how much I was in love, but he would definitely hear it.
Quickly I scanned my closet for a comfortable t-shirt and shorts - from old jeans I had cut myself - and put them on.

- 15 minutes later –

[Leeteuk’s POV]

I was 4 meters behind, trying to keep up on this old piece of steel. Of course I’d let Nayoung ride on the new bike… No one would want to ride on this thing, so I did it.
Joonho was biking next to Nayoung and they were talking and laughing. Now and then she looked back and each time I just waved at her and told her I was okay.
But even though I knew her true feelings, I couldn’t deny that I was mad jealous right now.
After about 15 minutes we arrived. The beach was deserted, clean and beautiful with dark blue water. I didn’t know we were this close to the shore all the time.

“Let’s go!” Nayoung yelled and ran in the direction of the rocks on the side. She looked really happy which made her a thousand times more attractive.
I sighed. Then I noticed she and Joonho were already at the rocks.

“Oppa, why are you still standing there?” She waved her hand and motioned for me to come.

[Nayoung’s POV]

Carefully I set foot on each stone and tried to find seaweed that looked a little tasty. Joonho was doing the same; he was really fast because he had the most experience. I looked at Leeteuk. He was struggling to keep his balance on one stone still close to the beach. I chuckled while watching him. Then I placed my bucket with the seaweed next to Joonho.

“You go on okay?” I said, and walked back to Leeteuk to help him.

We were holding hands as we stepped over the stones. I felt awkward because Joonho was watching us and he looked suspicious.
Leeteuk walked extremely slow and kept on bouncing extravagantly from the right to the left side that I began to think he was doing it on purpose.
I raised my eyebrow at him when he was bent all over to the left side. When he noticed my expression he stood up straight and smiled at me sheepishly. I wanted to slap him but had the urge to burst out in laughter at the same time.
I looked at Joonho, I could tell he suspected something now.
He was looking at our hands welded together and for the first time I felt sorry for him. But it wasn’t something I could help.

He suddenly stood up. “Let’s take a swim!” He suggested.

“S-swim?”

“Yeah... it doesn’t matter; we know each other long enough so…”

Before I could say anything back he took off his shirt and exposed his six pack. I tried not to look but in the split second I turned my head, I noticed he held his breath.

“Show off…” I heard Leeteuk mutter inaudibly. He let go of my hand and started removing his shirt as well, while I stood there awkwardly in the middle.

Joonho walked all the way over the stones to the pier. When he was at the end of the lane he made a perfect dive and hit the water almost in silence.
Leeteuk followed him - this time much faster - and climbed up the pier as well. While going all the way to the end to dive even a little higher, but just as perfect.

I watched them in awe while I carefully tried to go further into the water. I was afraid my shirt would go up so I did my best to avoid that to happen. But when I looked up, I noticed it wasn’t necessary at all since they were battling against each other now. I looked at them as they tried to get to the next pier as fast as possible. I sighed. Guys will be guys, I guess…

Of course Joonho won, I didn’t expect anything else. I tried to swim in their direction. “Guys, let’s go back so I can eat my seaweed soup!” I yelled at them.
Joonho wanted to show he wasn’t tired at all or something because he swam past me mega fast, in the direction of the pier I just left.
I sighed. It started to annoy me.
When Leeteuk was at my place he noticed I looked irritated. He pouted. “Mianhae…”
He swam closer with his face. I was shocked when I noticed he tried to kiss me so I submerged into the water quickly. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to; I just didn’t want to hurt Joonho.

“What’s wrong?” he questioned me when I was back up, his face was suddenly serious.

“I’m tired…”

Then he dived into the water and suddenly took me on his back. I was shocked and started yelling but he walked me all the way to the beach and sat me down. I blushed. He noticed.

“I’ll go and get the seaweed.” He grinned and walked away.

I wringed my wet shirt, luckily it didn’t see-through. I was still busy drying my clothes as Joonho walked up to me and began to shake his long wet hair in front of me. I wish he’d put his shirt back on.
When he was done he finally put his clothes on and turned to me when Leeteuk was still not back.

“Nayoung… do you…” I knew where he was heading to. I looked back at Leeteuk, was he pretending to be slow again?

“I wanna know… do you… like him?” He asked hesitantly.

“Who?” I pretended to be the fool who didn’t know anything. I was really afraid of what he might do if he knew.

Then a smile appeared on his face. “Never mind…” He walked back to the bikes. This didn’t feel right; I must have given the wrong impression. I’m sure.

All of a sudden there was a faint cry in the distance. Leeteuk? I looked back. Leeteuk was already on the beach but he was grabbing at his one foot and jumping around on his other. It looked funny although it wasn’t the time to laugh.

“What happened…?” I ran to him.

“I accidentally stepped on a crab…” His face told me he was in pain. I looked around and there was a little crab just sneaking away behind one of the rocks. I knew that species, they were really small and harmless
I took the bucket with me and after a minute Leeteuk was ready to stand on his feet again.

Joonho was impatiently playing with the bell on my bike. “Are we going home already?” he asked “because I still have a gift for you Nayoung…”

“A gift? That really wasn’t necessary.” I exclaimed.

“I know, but I think you might like it.” He said.

“Okay… well I’m curious then.” I smiled.

We biked back to the house, this time I decided to go on the old bike because of Leeteuk’s injured foot.
During the way back home I couldn’t help but think about what I was going to get.

Strangely I wasn’t thinking about Joonho’s gift, but more about what the Super Junior members had picked for me.