I'll tell you a secret...

Love On a Farm?! I Don't Think So...

“Noona!” Sungmin stormed in the living room. “Why haven’t we milked the cows for the last days?!” He noted while panicking at the same time.

“Because it’s been ten months after they calved. The udders need rest now…”I looked up from my biology book and smiled. “Don’t worry…”

“Oh, okay noona.” Sungmin shifted away.

Donghae made a perfect ‘O’ shape with his mouth. I wasn’t sure if it was a way of saying that he found the exceptional conversation of today interesting, or if it was rather a yawn out of boredom. I guessed the second.
Everyone was so quiet, it frustrated me. Weird… I used to enjoy a silent house, but now it was killing me.
Why? WHAT’S WROOOONG?! I wanted to scream, but that would be a little weird.

“Checkmate…” Eunhyuk muttered.

“Damnit.” Kangin mumbled in return. Without showing emotion they rearranged the pawns as they started their 15th game in silence.

Shindong was aimlessly zapping through the TV channels and Leeteuk was almost falling asleep against his shoulder.

I was sitting on the other far end of the couch, studying in one of my biology books.

After a few minutes of total silence Yesung stormed in. “I baked cookies!”

As if Shindong’s alarm clock went off he jumped up from the couch, making Leeteuk’s lump body fall over to the other side. I was shocked at his closeness but just before his head landed on my lap he woke up and rubbed his eyes. He stole a quick and embarrassed glance at me and stood up abruptly when he realized what had almost happened.

“Cookies?” Sungmin was back and jumped up and down from excitement. Everyone had circled around the table now. The atmosphere I had grown so accustomed to in the last couple of weeks was coming back gradually.

I took one and started taking small bites at it while Eunhyuk devoured three at the same time. “Yah!” I yelled at him, “Think about others too…”

“Chill… I was going to…hyung, do you want some too?” Eunhyuk held the plate in front of Leeteuk who hadn’t moved an inch yet. Leeteuk stared at it for a long second and then refused to take one. “I’m going to sleep early, I’m a little tired…” Leeteuk turned around and walked out of the room in a slow pace.

I continued to munch on one cookie after another, relieved that the atmosphere was back until I realized everyone stared after Leeteuk in silence. They looked worried but after a few seconds the silence got disturbed by a roaring scream from Heechul who was upstairs.

“YESUNG! IMMA KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!” Then footsteps were heard on the stairs. We stared at Yesung as he swallowed his cookie and looked frightened.

“DID YOU USE MY LAPTOP?! There are greasy fingerprints visible on the cover!”

Yesung then looked down at his guilty hands smeared with cooking oil. “Hm… I’m pretty sure they haven’t touched your computer…” Yesung muttered.

I shot glances at Eunhyuk and saw small sweat drops appearing on his forehead. I could tell Eunhyuk’s little secret but that would mean Leeteuk was going to tell everyone I used the laptop too, earlier… when I wanted to know who Super Junior really was. I spared him as I saw his now redden head looking down at the plate of cookies.
Heechul was already in the kitchen swearing under his breath as he wiped his laptop with a tissue.
As usual after a few minutes of total outburst, Heechul had forgotten the incident already.
After the cookies were digested Eunhyuk and Donghae were unusually hyper. Hm… sugar is not good for them. Donghae was playing a kidnapped kid, as Eunhyuk was some sort of alien outer space…I think…

Kangin let out a heavy yawn. “I’m so tired; I’m going to sleep…”

Everyone agreed to go to sleep except for Eunhyuk and Donghae who were still playing around. As I entered my room it was dark and quiet inside. I stumbled my way to the closet as I heard Leeteuk mutter some words I couldn’t organize. But as I was about to leave the room I heard it loud and clear: “I’m doing… what’s best for you Na-Young…”
I stopped in my tracks as I looked back at his unconscious body. What was that supposed to mean?
I decided to drop it and rushed to the bathroom before anyone else could use it. I took a quick shower, changed in my pyjamas and brushed my teeth. When I opened the door there were three faces looking at me annoyed: Heechul, Kangin and Shindong.

“That took ages…” Kangin noted.

“Respect your elders…” Heechul mentioned.

“Hurry up so I can rest early and have my food digest well…” Shindong exclaimed.

We looked at him weirdly.

“Anyway…YOU,” I pointed at Heechul, “need to respect YOUR dongsaengs…” Refering to the “Imma kill you Yesung” part

“Ayayaya…it’s too late for sermons Na-Young…” Heechul pushed me in the direction of my bedroom as the three of them rushed in the bathroom.
Slightly annoyed I made my way to my bed and tucked myself under the blankets.

“You don’t… do that… to girls…” I looked at Leeteuk’s lifeless body. What’s that guy even dreaming about…? My eyes gradually adjusted to the dark and I realized Leeteuk had thrown his blanket away in his sleep. He was sweating and restlessly tossing in his bed.
“…because… I love her…” My eyes grew wide. Who is he talking about? I didn’t have to think for long as Leeteuk made it clear. “Na-Young… I want to… be there… for you…”

I was shocked, my heart was beating fast and uneven. I felt something stung high above my stomach, was it my heart? It was like it burnt just for a second, a really warm feeling. What was that supposed to mean?
He should stop talking before Eunhyuk comes and hears what he’s saying. I don’t want him to think weird things… I kneeled down by his bedside and placed two hands under his back. I tried to turn him on his side. They say when people turn in their sleep, their dreams change. It worked! He stopped talking!

“Na-Young? What are you doing…?” Leeteuk suddenly said; his voice loud and clear and… awake.
I swallowed, my face was turning beet red but I thanked God that he couldn’t see it because of the darkness.

“Um…”

“Did I snore or something? Hee hee!” He laughed his high pitch laugh. The one I got used to so much.

“You were talking…” I tried to say it as casual as possible.

“Oh… sorry.” He let out really softly.

“S’Alright, good night…” I said while getting up from the floor and going to bed.

After a silent moment he suddenly said, “Na-Young… what did I say?”

“Oh, just nonsense… I couldn’t make anything out of it…” I couldn’t tell him the truth right? That would be so awkward and embarrassing.

“Oh ok… well sweat dreams.” He almost whispered the last thing.

“Night…” I whispered.

[FLASHBACK]

“IS THAT WHY YOU’RE LIKE THIS…? He did wrong things to you in the past, isn’t it? Just like Sohee; the only friends you’ve ever had… and now you think everybody with money is like that!”
“Stop it! You know nothing about my life!”
“Stop running away Nayoung, just admit it, you need a friend. You need love.”
“Leeteuk, don’t act like this because what are you going to do? Are you going to be my friend? What happens after two weeks when the month is over? Then you’re the one who’s going to run away, just like everyone else…”

[END FLASHBACK]

Leeteuk, are you sincere? I might just change my mind about everything I yelled at you. Weirdly I have the feeling that soon something is going to change, that my life will be different. Maybe you’re right that I’m not open for people and friendship. If I wouldn’t have thought that everyone with money is like that then I might have went after Joonho when he suddenly left. I would have believed in him in the first place. Then I would have figured everything was a misunderstanding a lot earlier.
Thanks to you I realize all these things, Leeteuk you might already be my friend…

- Next morning –

“Just fill these bowls equally for me, alright?” I asked Sungmin while checking the weather.

“Okay noona.”

It was dry at least, not too sunny… we could paint the hut today.

“Moooooorning….” Donghae dragged the word as he walked in the kitchen with messy hair. Not long after that, Eunhyuk followed in without saying anything. Donghae took a spoonful of the cornflakes and brought it to his mouth but just as it was going to go in, Eunhyuk grabbed it from his hand brought it to his own mouth. Donghae pouted, then Eunhyuk filled the spoon again and fed Donghae with it.

“Er…” I coughed. “There are more spoons you know?” I asked rhetorically when they took turns taking the spoon.

“Scary isn’t it?” Kangin walked in and took a spoon for everyone. He then took the bowls over to the table, dragging Eunhyuk and Donghae along.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. It was Joonho.

“Good morning Nayoung.” He smiled.

“Hi Joonho…”

“I tried to call you but… did nobody hear it?” Joonho looked behind me in the house, indicating that there were so many people that could have picked up the phone. I heard a clattering sound behind me and looked around. Eunhyuk had dropped his spoon and picked it up from the floor.

“That’s weird I didn’t hear anything…” I walked over to the phone. But as I got there I was shocked to find the upper plastic thing all ripped off, it was obvious the phone didn’t work anymore. I stared at it in horror for a long second until I let out the longest, highest and loudest yell ever. I was surprised it could come from my body.

When I was done, a vague whining came from upstairs.
Eunhyuk cleared his throat. “Okay, um… I’m going to run now….” He muttered, but it was loud enough for me to hear.
I stormed outside and ran after Eunhyuk. He started running around the house and I followed him. When he was at the front door again everybody had gathered outside to watch the whole scene, but Eunhyuk didn’t stop running so I didn’t quit either. “YOU’RE DEAD ONCE I GOT YOU!” I yelled.
He yelled too, his voice shot up an octave. Terrified and without thinking twice he ran up to a near tree and climbed it.
I stood at the foot of it and panted heavily. Eunhyuk let out a deep sigh from relief as he realized he was safe...
Some Super Junior members gathered around the tree.

“Well, isn’t that our monkey…?” Heechul let out.

“Ironic, isn’t it?” Kangin questioned everyone.

I was shocked and then blushed when I realized I had made up that name for him in the first place.

“Nayoung, let’s make a deal!” Eunhyuk ignored everyone that was laughing at him and kept a straight face, even when Donghae threw a banana at him out of nowhere.

“HAH No way! You can’t make deals when you just broke something that’s precious to me! COME DOWN NOW!” I screamed.

“I’ll come down, but if you hit me… I won’t tell you a secret you NEED TO KNOW!” He emphasized the last bit.

“Wait.. WHAT SECRET?!” I sounded frustrated. Was there something I needed to know?

“Now I’m getting curious here…” Kangin let out.

“You promise…?” Eunhyuk smirked.

“I promise…” I said

Then he jumped down and walked over to me. He turned away from the others and lowered his face to my ear.

In a split second I saw Leeteuk staring at us. He looked unnaturally worried. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for commenting guys... They keep me motivated ^^