You didn't know that, do you?

Love On a Farm?! I Don't Think So...

Wow! I know it has been such a long time... too long maybe =/... but it's not that I've forgotten the story, it's not that I lost interest either and it's not that you haven't commented enough or that I was too busy...

It's just that my life has changed over the months (getting in university and moving out of parents house) and I think I changed as well. I kind of lost the feeling of the story, but I think it's gradually coming back again.... hehe . Hope you enjoy the update ^^ <3 Btw. I think this will have about 1 or 2 chapters more... I'm still thinking about a sequel....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ahhh…” Leeteuk whined and rubbed the towel with ice against his red cheek. Beside him on the couch was Kangin patting his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down, but secretly he was holding back the urge to burst out in laughter.

“Noona, what did you do to him…?” Sungmin called to me from out of the living room.

“Leeteuk lied to me~!” I whined, “So I told him I’m good with stars too…” I said as I walked into the living room.

“Eh..?” Sungmin’s face dropped.

Meanwhile SHINee had arrived like DBSK. The house was overpopulated!
Screw Leeteuk, who said we would all stay outside, because we were all inside the house and the air was stuffy… and someone smelled a little, who I assumed to be Eunhyuk.

SHINee’s arrival had made a huge change in the house. It all started with a simple “Happy birthday, hyung!” said by a kid having brown blondish curls bouncing on his head. It reminded me of a mushroom…
They gave Leeteuk a hug, and then they all started talking at the same time. I couldn’t make out what everyone was saying, but they seemed pretty familiar with scenes like this. I guess practice makes perfect…

Now after about half an hour they inhabited my house like a cattle on the loose…

I decided to check how Leeteuk was doing and found him sitting on the couch with a pout on his face. I walked closer to find out his legs were on the table.

“YAH!”

He jolted and pulled his legs up; making himself look like a ball on the couch.

“Oppa…” I went to sit beside him.

“Yah, how… how do you do that?! Change so abruptly…?” He let out indignantly and rubbed the side of his head as he went to sit straight.

“Leeteuk…” I ignored him “I have a gift for you…”

“I’m not interested in old fashioned stuff…”

“YAH! You-… you want a black eye as well?!”

“I’m kidding…” He smiled sheepishly as a high giggle escaped his mouth.

“I’m serious…” I said as I took out a small package folded in old yellow paper and blue strings I had prepared in the afternoon. I gave it to him and he took it, surprisingly.

Slowly he unwrapped the old package, revealing a seed with a small note. He looked up at me, his eyes growing big.

“What is this supposed to mean?”

“Er, it’s a tree…” I coughed and looked away embarrassed.

“Sorry Nayoung, but I’m not ready to settle ye-“

“IT’S NOT A PROPOSAL YOU FOOL!” I cut him off. “Here, let me read your personality…” I took the folded paper out of his hands.

Empress tree

Empress tree, the luckiest of trees, has a very positive spirit. It is a happy tree, since it embodies the most favorable qualities, such as success, prosperity and wealth. This wood has a light, well-balanced nature and perceives the world in an optimistic way. Life in the eyes of the Empress tree is always sweet and pleasant: troubles, misfortunes and strong passions are non-existent for this tree. Being active and energetic in an unobtrusive way, an Empress tree easily attracts luck and good fortune. An Empress tree is constructive, gains integrative energies and because of that it can be used in bringing things together and uniting isolated parts into a single whole.

Sometimes the Empress tree is blamed for its excessive easiness and lack of seriousness. But the matter is that this wood simply was not destined to have a deep and complex nature. Its inner self is not necessarily playboy-ish, it can be as well earnest and hardworking, as for a small amount of vanity and wishes to become popular. Well, who doesn’t want this?

“This is not true…” Leeteuk let out sympathetically.

“Gosh, this is so true!”

“It’s not!”

“It is!”

“Not destined to have a deep and complex nature? So I’m easy…?!”

I giggled. “It’s better than the Ash tree…” He looked at me questioningly, “it’s depressing, you don’t wanna know…” I added quickly.

“So what do I do now?” Leeteuk looked at me dumbfounded.

“I don’t know… I thought you might like the gift.” I turned away a little annoyed.

“Okay let’s go!” He took my arm and dragged me outside.

“Aish…” I let out frustrated.

“Oh right, you’re blind at night…” He said and ran back leaving me alone in the dark.

I sighed. That idiot.

“Nayoung!” I looked around to where that voice came from but couldn’t see anything.

“Why are you outside unlike every one of the party?” the footsteps were getting closer.

“Joonho? Well um… I… you’re not invited Joonho!” I quickly changed the subject afraid for him to get hurt if he knew, but then… how could he not get hurt?

“Relax okay… I know that I’m not invited.”

Did he just scoff at me?

“I’m sorry, but well everyone was supposed to be outside… so yeah.”

“You don’t like all of them inside your house, do you?”

How was I supposed to answer this? Just at that moment Leeteuk came back, but I couldn’t say he saved the awkward moment.

“Nayoung!” He walked up to me with an oil lamp in one hand. Nonchalantly he put his other around my shoulder. “Let’s go…” and then it happened… Leeteuk bent his head forward and kissed me full on the mouth, right in front of Joonho. I couldn’t ignore the idea that this action had a second purpose. He lifted his head and looked at Joonho.
Considering Joonho didn’t even know we were an item, wasn’t this kind of rude?
I looked at Joonho’s face in the light of the candle. In merely a second he displayed a whole rank of emotions. From confusion, to anger, to sadness. ..

“What are you doing?” He asked; his voice as cold as ice.

“Why you ask?” Leeteuk shot back, his voice as light as ever.

“I said, what you think you’re doing with my fiancé!?” He grabbed Leeteuk by the collar.

“Guys, stop it! Joonho I’m not your fiancée…” I said, but I was completely ignored.

Leeteuk wiped his shirt and fixed it when Joonho slowly released him. “Well, I’m sorry bro… but you heard her. So we’re going to go now and plant this tree.” He held me closer in an attempt to go walk away together, but Joonho blocked him.

“Why is it him? Why, Nayoung?! I’ve been waiting all my life!” Joonho lost his temper.

“I’m sorry Joonho…” My eyes were filling themselves with tears.

“…but yet you go for this little prick?!” Joonho continued.

“Yah!” I yelled.

“Excuse me?” Leeteuk started. “What makes you think you’re better than me? You’ve never done anything to get back to her! Anything… If it wasn’t for Sohee’s jealous you wouldn’t even be here to meet her again…”

We both looked at him in confusion. “I’ve heard everything…I’m sorry.” Leeteuk admitted softly.

“Sohee jealous…? what do you mean?!” I asked.

“No, don’t listen to him…” Joonho started, but Leeteuk just continued.

“Sohee doesn’t like us together either, Nayoung…” Leeteuk took my hands and turned me to look at him. “Have you ever wondered why she never brought her brother here until now?” Leeteuk’s eyes were growing big and watery.

“I-I g-guess…” I stuttered.

“Bull…” Joonho let out. “What are you even talking about? It’s not like you could take care of her, in a few days you are all gone, back to your idol life… you’ll have no time and you’ll be flirting with other girls perhaps. But I… I can give you a good life, I’ll take good care of you…”

“Yah!” It was then that Leeteuk snapped. “You don’t even know anything about her... she doesn’t care about money, she even hates it because it makes people blind and selfish, you didn’t know that, didn’t you?”

“Guys, please quit it!” I yelled but they ignored me again.

“…Nayoung doesn’t need someone to take care of her, because she can take care of herself, she’s too stubborn to be that kind of girl, and you didn’t even know that, do you? You don’t even know that she wrinkles her nose when she gets mad, that she can’t see in the dark, that she touches other people’s stuff, that she likes Yesung’s cookies, that she likes biology and knows nothing about stars, and that she is the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen even though she neglects her appearance…”

His speech was interrupted by a punch from Joonho. That’s when all the drama started. Leeteuk tried to keep balance but he fell backwards, the oil-lamp made a swing to the side and collapsed on top of one of the corn plants.

“Stop…-” Joonho wanted to say but realized what had happened. Quickly Leeteuk crawled to his feet and rushed to our place. We gasped as in no time the corn plant had set fire and the surrounding plants as well.

“Oh my God… get some water!” Leeteuk rushed inside the house.

“Nayoung… I-I’m so sorry…” Joonho choked out. I couldn’t help but stare as at least ten corn plants had set fire already.

“N-nayoung… a-are you okay? S-say something…” Joonho let out. Exactly at that moment all the Super Junior members, SHINee and DBSK ran outside to behold the scene in front of me.

Leeteuk emptied a buck of water over the cornfield… but everyone knew that it was useless. Tears were running down my face as some people were starting to cough around me. “Let’s get away from here…” I heard several voices.

I didn’t hesitate a second and ran inside to call my mother…