Confessions

Love On a Farm?! I Don't Think So...

Long long LONG chapter!
I'm sorry for not updating in so long! But... this is the chapter you're all waiting for, trust me! XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was too tired to open my eyes. At this point a part of me was already asleep as it slowly came to my mind that someone was staring at me while doing nothing. I was too far away from earth to respond and began to fall in a deeper slumber.

[Leeteuk’s POV]

Silently I walked over to her bed. It seemed that she wasn’t really awake because she lay still but I had to make sure.
Slowly I knelt down by her bed side. I stiffened because she suddenly moved so I paused for a second, until she stopped moving and fell asleep again.
I looked at her beautiful face.
It wasn’t what I had fallen for though.
I love her for her. She is that kind of girl to have an attitude in front of other people but a really soft heart on the inside. I knew it from the beginning when her mother said goodbye I saw her shedding tears. No one else noticed so I wanted to help her by getting the group together to listen to her.
I didn’t know back then that I was falling in love.

I admit that I liked making fun of you in the beginning. But soon enough I noticed you were starting to hate me, you were avoiding me.
It was the first time ever that girl ignored me. I wasn’t used to getting rejected on and on. You were right; I wasn’t used to getting no attention or… detoxification phenomena as you called it.
Then later I realized how it must have been for you to grow up here. You have never made friends. Again I didn’t realize my feelings were growing more serious. It was until Joonho came by that I knew I wanted to be there for you. The only one.
Yet you kept on pushing me away, I almost gave up… there was nothing I could do and I had just two weeks left.
But then you came to me. I was surprised that you were the one who’d break the awkwardness and came to sit next to me at the campfire. The way you smiled and asked if I wanted marshmallows set my heart on fire.
I decided to let go of everything that was going to come, I just wanted to enjoy the moments I had with you.
But I still don’t know your feelings, although you never push me away, not like you used to do...

I sighed. I leaned over her and kissed her on the forehead gently. Sleep well. I pulled the blanket further over her body and went to lie in my own bed.

I will miss you Nayoung. Even though I might not mean as much to you as you mean to me, I will still miss you… a lot.
Before I knew I started crying, real tears. It’s the first time I ever cried over a girl. But you will never know Nayoung. I won’t show it to you. Tomorrow you’ll see a happy Leeteuk, like always.

- next morning -

[Nayoung’s POV]

There was a deafening noise coming from somewhere. I wasn’t completely conscious as I slowly opened my eyes and realized it was morning already. My eyes grew wide because they were all standing at the foot of my bed. Kangin had a party tooter in his mouth.
Without even fully realizing, I cracked up real hard.

“Happy birthday.” Leeteuk gave me his crooked smile.

“Ha…ha?” I could only let out like an utter idiot. I raised my eyebrow at him. Then it hit me, it was my birthday… Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I celebrated it. I never really did anything special on my birthday because there was no one around to celebrate with. Except if it was during the days that we stayed with my cousins but it was never my initiative.

“H-how did you know…?” I stammered.

Then Eunhyuk held up the calendar and shoved the layer of dust away which floated over to Sungmin who started coughing.
I was clearly behind with counting the days of their stay, somewhere I had lost track and forgotten about it. On 30 June my mother had written my name and drawn a heart surrounding it. “Oh…” I let out.

“See, I told you this was necessary…” Eunhyuk let out.

“And Teuk hyung’s birthday is tomorrow!” Yesung exclaimed “…and in 9 days is Heechul hyung’s birthday. Then next month on the 21th is Kibummie’s birthday and then the 24th…” he rambled on until Kangin stopped him.

I blushed when I realized the depressed smileys drawn on the days that they were here and the little sun I drew on the day they would leave, which was in a week.

“I… I – “ I couldn’t bring myself to speak.

“Don’t worry…we kind of understand.” Kangin reassured me. “When suddenly eight guys are invading your house… it must be tough, especially because you didn’t know us…”

They all nodded their heads while Kangin held his little speech.

“…Happy birthday, Nayoung!” he shouted. They started singing while Yesung came in with a self-made cake. It consisted out of the ingredients left somewhere in my kitchen and the result looked more like bread but he decorated it with who knows what…

I felt my eyes getting teary. I had the urge to cry… no one has ever done something so sweet even though it was just a small thing. From embarrassment I covered my face with the blanket.

“wooaaaaah… noona, are you crying?” Sungmin asked when the song had ended.

“No… of course not there’s sleep in my eyes which I’m removing right now.” My voice sounded weak.

“Oh, you ARE crying!” Eunhyuk exclaimed and ripped the blanket away, that bastard.

“Quickly, blow them!” Yesung exclaimed. I looked at the cake. Then I noticed that he hadn’t used candles but matches. Desperately I blew the coal black sticks, but it was useless. They were completely charred.

(I got this idea from Wong Fu productions lol)

I started laughing.

After we had dressed ourselves and ate the cake I started wondering what I was going to do today. Obviously, they wouldn’t let me do any work on my birthday. I sighed.

“I’m sorry that we couldn’t buy you any decent gifts...” Kangin said. “We considered having gifts sent over though, but Leeteuk said that it wouldn’t make you happy.”

I looked over at Leeteuk. He smiled shyly with his dimple showing. I was glad he had known it so well.
I suddenly knew how I wanted to spend my day. But I didn’t know how I was gonna get my way.
Then all of a sudden a great idea popped up in my mind.

“I want a gift and you should go and get it for me in town!” I smiled genuinely.

“WEOH?” Kangin asked.

“That girl is full of surprises…” Heechul muttered.

“We should do what noona says! After all it’s her birthday!” Sungmin said.

“Yes, yes…” I agreed. “Go and get it for me…” I smiled.

“But… we can’t leave you here alone…” Kangin said. He suddenly whispered something in Shindong’s ear who let out a loud ‘buhahah’.

“Then we should indeed go and buy you a gift… but Leeteuk will stay here with you because he clearly doesn’t have a clue about what you like, since he had been wrong about you not wanting a gift in the first place!” Kangin then stood up and started calling the manager to come pick them up.

Leeteuk looked bewildered and confused. I had the urge to bust out laughing. He noticed and then looked at me. I gave him a wink and he looked down immediately, blushing.

I took a few party balloons from the table and put them in my pocket, already making plans in my mind.

After 15 minutes the manager arrived in the same old terrain vehicle with the open back in which they had arrived a month ago and started greeting us all.

“Let’s go everyone!” Kangin exclaimed nonchalantly while dragging Eunhyuk along.

When they all sat in the car, they waved once or twice until the manager started the motor. They were gone in a second.

Leeteuk stood there silently. I coughed from the awkwardness.

“So… I guess we’re having a date or something?” Leeteuk stated and laughed out loud.

“What are you thinking? OF COURSE…” I paused, his face brightened up “…NOT!”

“We’re going to clean the hut… duh! And when they are back… we’ll see...”

I turned around and a smirk appeared on my face, but he couldn’t see it.

“But I thought we already cleaned it?” He asked, while following me to the hut.

“See, those straw bales need to be stored on the other side!” I pointed at a pile of straw when we stood inside of the hut.

“Are you crazy?! We just placed them there a week ago!” He let out frustrated.

“Don’t question my working strategies!” I argued back “Why don’t you start and I’ll be back in a few minutes…”

Reluctantly he sat down and started picking up piles of straw.

I went to the back and took out the party balloons. I started filling them with the dark green paint we had used for the hut earlier. Slowly I shifted to the front where Leeteuk was struggling with the straw. I had a hard time holding back my laughter as I lifted my hand and threw a balloon at him with all my might. It splashed against his back and left a big wet spot.

In a split second he turned around and realized it was a prank when he saw me grinning mischievously. He threw the piles of straw away and walked over to me with a smirk.

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry…”I let out nervously but he didn’t stop and when he was at my place he suddenly took my hands and pulled me sideling over his back, squishing the fresh paint against my stomach. Then he threw me on the soft straw bales on the ground and started bombarding me with my own paint balls.
I struggled to get away and tried to crawl past him to get more paint balls but he held me by the waist and stopped me. I tried to remove his hands but they touched a sensitive spot and I started laughing instead and lost all my strength.

“If my mother knew about this…” I gasped for air.

“Then what?”

“She’d kill you with the reaping hook.”

“Why? Wouldn’t your mother like her daughter dating a wealthy star like me?” He grinned mischievously.

“Shut up.” I started slapping him.

“Oh I’m sure that’s not enough she needs something with more muscles like… Kangin?” He was his chin with his thumb and index finger, as if thinking deeply. “That’s so picky though… it must run in the family…” He was still holding me firmly with his other hand; it surprised me how strong he was.

I hit him again, but got red from embarrassment when I remembered how my mother acted the first time she met them.

“Stop it! I’m not like my mother…” I pouted.

“You’re not? Tell me… what do you like then…?”

“Me…? I- I like…”

I paused for a second and saw him smiling. Then I took a deep breath.

“I like skinny guys, skinny and sensitive guys who are often clueless about what move to make. Attentive and a little observant guys who take responsibility and are careful with others needs, guys who have an eye for detail on how you feel and might even… know you before you know yourself.”

He was suddenly all quiet because he didn’t expect me to give a serious answer. “I didn’t know before that I’d fall for jolly, cheerful and optimistic guys who sometimes can even be a bit dorky and clumsy.”

I paused to take another breath.

“And… I never knew I could fall for a hideous long haired, blond pony tailed guy with a dimple in his left cheek…”
I didn’t dare to look at him. I gasped as I realized I had really said that last thing.

He turned me around to look at him. Then he took my hands and pushed me backwards until I was with my back against the wall of the hut. Not rough but slow and gentle.
He looked into my eyes; his face was serious this time. He started leaning in. My heart was beating wildly. His warm breath was my lips. I started closing my eyes. I felt he was coming closer but then he suddenly hesitated and stopped. I knew he was only waiting for my approval so I took over and gave him my approval sign by leaning in and then… our lips touched.
He let go of my hands and wrapped his arms around my waist. I didn’t know what to do with my hands so I placed them awkwardly on his chest. He didn’t mind.
He paused and smiled then he said “Finally!” and brushed his lips against mine again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~