Marriage?!

Love On a Farm?! I Don't Think So...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There’s no way of getting all these matrasses in here!” Kangin said as Leeteuk and him shoved the last ones in the corner. Some lay above other matrasses. The place was full to the brim.

My umma shook her head in disapproval. “No, take those two out!” she pointed to the matrasses.

They did as she instructed. “Those are going to Na-young’s room.”

“WEOH?!” My eyes grew wide. “UMMA?!” I looked at her in disbelief.

Kangin smirked and Leeteuk had a mischievous look on his face. Then they walked back in the room with the other members to "discuss".

[Leeteuk’s POV]

“Since two of us need to go to Na-young’s room, I’ve decided it’s going to be Eunhyuk and me.” I told everyone.

Eunhyuk glared at me, but I ignored him. “Hyung, why you and Eunhyuk?” Kangin asked.

I turned to his ear. “If Eunhyuk doesn’t go, Donghae will never go to sleep.” I whispered.

“Aish...” Eunhyuk let out a deep sigh, marching over to us and breaking us apart. “I will behave, ok?”

“Good, so it’s settled, you can take your stuff to Na-young’s room.” I said.

“AISH.. I meant, I will behave in THIS room.”

“No discussion.” Kangin shook his head.

Eunhyuk reluctantly got up and transferred his bags to Na-young’s room. "Hyung's words are the law" he muttered under his breath.

[END OF POV]

“Oh my... COCKROACHES!!!!!!” Heechul yelled, rushing out of the room.

Everyone looked in the direction of where Heechul just freaked out.

“Really?” Yesung looked interested. “They contain a lot of proteins.”

Everyone wore a disgusted look as Yesung lifted one at his legs and held it infront of his face.

Sungmin was having vomit tendencies.

“You mean you’re going to EAT THAT?!” Heechul had returned.

Yesung remained quiet and left the room, holding two in his hands.

[Na-young’s POV]

I was in my room on my bed panicking. Eight guys whom are so-called ‘idols’ staying in my house, two of them IN MY ROOM? That’s so inappropriate... How could umma just let this happen...?
Suddenly I heard a knock on my door.

“Na-young-ah, it’s Yesung, will you open the door please?” he asked.

Reluctantly I got up and opened the door.

“Na-young-ah, can I raise the...-“ He didn’t continue because I started yelling when I noticed what he carried in his hands.

“WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!” I asked him.

“I found them in the room, can I raise them for as long as we’re here so I can feed them to my turtles at home?” I though he was joking but he had a serious look on his face.

I shivered... “Get them... out....” I stuttered. Then Heechul rushed to our place, kicked Yesung’s hand, causing the cockroaches to fall on the ground. He lifted his shoe up then collapsed his foot on the vermin, squeezing them to the ground.

“Never mind...” Yesung turned his head and walked away.

Satisfied with his courageous action, Heechul gave me his weird smirk again and ran off to his room to haunt some more. Leaving me with nothing to do than cleaning the mess he just left. Cleaning up cockroaches needs to be done carefully as I read in my biology books. They leave eggs when you squash them, which means there will be even more when you don’t take any action.

All of a sudden Monkey-face came walking my way.

“Apparently there has been decided I must share a room with you.” he said and just walked past me inside my room.

How rude. I wanted to follow and scold at him but then I remembered my planned cleaning session again so I rushed to the kitchen to get a wet cloth and insecticide. I started to scrub the place as Donghae walked past me and also headed to my room. What are they thinking, they are allowed there? Then came Shindong and I heard a loud banging sound, apparently he was sitting on my bed.
When also Sungmin came and walked into my room I decided to restrain myself from yelling at all of them.

“Eunhyuk!!! Have you seen my stuffed fluffy snail? I can’t find it.” Sungmin asked.

“It’s not in your bag?” Eunhyuk asked.

Then Sungmin began digging his entire luggage like a wild animal. After a few minutes he finally got up. “I got it!” he smiled uncontrollably.

I was stunned about his effort. All that for a piece of fabric...

Then umma called us all for dinner. After that she was going to leave with the manager; he offered her a ride to town.

“DINNEEEER!” Shindong exclaimed happily and stormed to the kitchen.

I let out a deep sigh, it’s official, I’ll be staying with eight boys – strangers- in my house for TWO WHOLE MONTHS. Not to mention their behaviour is kind of weird. Just like their “style” or something. I sighed again, how will I get them to listen to me and do the tasks my umma has prepared... I figured I would show them my ‘friendly’ side more, so I’d have a better chance. Muhahaha

- At the dining table -

“Eunhyuk-ah, could you pass me the salt, please?” I gave him a sweet smile.

Eunhyuk stared at me like I was crazy and almost choked on a piece of meat. Kangin who was seated beside him patted his back. “Are you having troubles with swallowing again?” he referred to last morning’s tea incident.

I had a hard time holding back my laughter but I managed to not burst out in front of everyone. Nobody, except Leeteuk, noticed. I know, because a grin formed on his face. Without much effort his dimples were showing again. Don't kids usually lose their dimples when they grow up?

All of a sudden my mother started speaking up.

“So, have any of you guys already thought about marriage once, since you have reached the age to...”

Now it was my time to choke on the food. Everybody looked at me concerned.
“I’m okay... “ I gave my infamous smile again but I felt my cheeks redden, I know where my mother was leading the conversation to and it was so SO embarrassing.

“Kangin-ssi....?” My umma asked. I know she gave preference to Kangin the most, he was tough built, had a strong body, in other words: most likely to spend a life-time on a farm. Not that he ever would...

Right when my umma had said that Leeteuk couldn’t hold it any longer and let out a nervous giggle. Making it WAY too obvious.

Kangin simply responded. “No I haven’t thought about that yet...” That did it, umma was silent until the end of dinner.
After dinner she got up to do the dishes. When she was done she started packing her bags. I plumped down on the couch to read in one of my biology books. Everyone gathered around the couch in the living room, and it was silent for some time. Then Sungmin spoke up.

“Do you ever go to school?” he asked slowly.

“No I don’t have school.” I responded.

“But then you never talk with anyone of your age right?” he continued. I felt all their faces staring at me and I became a little nervous.

“No but I’m fine with that, really!” I smiled, and continued reading my book, though I couldn’t really concentrate on the words now. Somehow I had to put force behind it to smile. And my tone sounded sad. Was I secretly wishing for a normal life?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~