Joonho's arrival

Love On a Farm?! I Don't Think So...

This chapter starts with a flashback from long ago and there's less Suju... sorry, it has to be done! XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[FLASHBACK]

Uneasily I walked to the place Sohee had told me to come. She made me put on a dress and high heels. I didn’t know why that was necessary; I was going to meet him just like every other day. I didn’t want any fancy date, but she said he would appreciate it a lot.
Date, this would be the first time for me. “Date…” A warm feeling came all over me and a smile appeared on my face as I said the word out loud.
I stumbled my way over the unstable stones against the levee and walked down. Was I really supposed to cross the river? Suddenly, all kinds of questions came to my mind. Was this really the place she talked about? It seemed a little too wide to cross from here. I stiffened when a cold breeze touched my skin. I wished I was wearing more clothes.
I decided to walk a bit and look for a better place to cross the river, I didn’t saw Joonho anywhere. He would be waiting on the other side, with towels and food. Of course he didn’t realize how dark it can be at night when you’re in the country side.
When I found a good place to cross, I took off my shoes and set my first foot in the water. Luckily it wasn’t that cold, but I couldn’t see a thing.
I tried to move faster so that I wouldn’t be in the dark water for too long. When I finally reached the end and set foot on the grass I still couldn’t see anything, but I was sure this was the right place because there was an open field she talked about. So I awkwardly sat down on the grass with my dress and waited.
An hour passed by and I still couldn’t see anyone. Did he forget or did something happen to him?
I started to worry but I decided to give him half an hour more to come.
After 15 minutes it started to rain. First they were just small drops but then it started to pour.

“Why…?” I looked up at the sky and sighed, but I wasn’t going to go home yet. Joonho had to see what kind of person waited for him that long. That is, if he would come of course…

“Nayoung-ah!” I heard a voice calling in the woods. “Sohee?” I called back.

She appeared behind the bushes and came running to me, she was breathing heavily. Lighting struck the sky and it started raining even heavier. It was getting dangerous and I knew we had to go back really fast now.

“I’m sorry I’m late Nayoung, but Joonho cancelled the date, he’s back in town now, that bastard!”

“Oh, so, that’s the reason…?” I looked down. He didn’t forget the date, nor did something happen so that he couldn’t come, he just didn’t feel like coming anymore, and he couldn’t tell me earlier. He just let me sit and wait over here.
I was fighting back tears. When Sohee noticed my devastated mood she stepped forward and pulled me in a hug. “Don’t worry Nayoung, you’ll always have me…”

[END FLASHBACK]

After that night I’ve never seen Joonho again until now. I couldn’t see his motive of coming back though. If he never wanted to see me again why would he suddenly change his mind? I did nothing to make him come back.
And Sohee, Sohee was a liar. After that summer vacation she entered high school and changed a lot. She hated me and my lifestyle. When her brother stopped coming by she was never here either.
I guess the old saying ‘birds of the same feather flock together’ is really true. But then, why would they want to see me? I am nothing compared to their wealthy and exciting life they live every day. Even though we were really good friends when we were young, it all faded.

“Look, Joonho…” Sohee started and took his arm but he threw himself out of her grip.

“Will you shut up for once. Nayoung… how have you been…?”

The Super Junior members didn’t move an inch as they watched the scene, but I didn’t need to see it. Joonho, your time is extremely off! Why would you be here when you can live a happy, wealthy and rich life in town?
Without saying anything, I ran past them and outside the hut but I heard footsteps behind me. Joonho was following me, so? I started to run faster and heard each footstep following one another faster too.
Where did this guy have the guts from? When I reached the fence that surrounded our house I stopped and turned around to face Joonho.

“What are…-” I stopped talking when I noticed it wasn’t Joonho who followed me.

“Nayoung, who is that guy?” Leeteuk asked steadfastly.

“Please don’t intervene in cases you know nothing about!” I told him firmly and turned around to open the fence but then Leeteuk stepped closer and held the fence so I couldn’t open it. “I wanna know.”

“He’s just…”

“Your ex-boyfriend?”

“Leeteuk-ssi! Don’t interrupt as I speak then.” I retorted but he didn’t stop.

“Is that why you’re like this…?”

I looked at him confused. “Like what…?”
As I said it, I realized how sarcastic I sounded. It didn’t matter what he would say this time, I didn’t want to believe it anyway. I’m not bitter; some people deserve to be treated the way they are.

“He did wrong things to you in the past, isn’t it? Just like Sohee; the only friends you’ve ever had… and now you think everybody with money is like that.”
“Stop it! You know nothing about my life!” I yelled at him but I felt hot tears burning behind my eyes, his words hurt me somehow.
I turned around and tried to unlock the fence, but he kept on defending the handle and pushing me away.
“Stop running away Nayoung, just admit it, you need a friend. You need love.”
Just then I couldn’t stop the tears anymore and they were running down my face but I held the fence tightly and pushed him away. As I was struggling to open it I suddenly knew what to say to him.

“Leeteuk, don’t act like this because what are you going to do? Are you going to be my friend? What happens after two weeks when the month is over? Then you’re the one who’s going to run away, just like everyone else…”

That’s when he let go of the fence. I turned the knob and walked over to the house. I didn’t want to talk to him anymore. Deep down I knew he had a point somewhere, but it wasn’t as if I didn’t know what friendship meant. In fact, I knew it better than Sohee and all of them, who let friendship fall down for material, wealth and money.

~♥~

As I was in my room with the door locked, I heard everyone talking downstairs, but I wasn’t going to leave my room yet.

“Hyung, what’s wrong with Nayoung? Why did she run away?” I heard Eunhyuk’s voice outside my door.

“Nayoung’s not well right now, she’s feeling a little sick.” Leeteuk told him.

Thanks.
I went to lie down on the bed and began to cry softly. Why did all this have to happen to me? If I was born somewhere else it would have been better. I would have a lot of friends.
As I was thinking about my life I was getting more tired and closed my eyes. That’s how I cried myself to sleep that night.

- Next morning –

I woke up from the heat that filled the room. That fan, somebody needs to fix it. I opened the window for some fresh air. After a few minutes of freshen up I looked at the clock and found out it was already 9AM.
Leeteuk and Eunhyuk’s bed were empty because they couldn’t come in the room yesterday. I wonder what happened last night, when I was already asleep.

Suddenly I noticed Heechul’s laptop there on the floor. Did Eunhyuk use it? It was still on and connected with a flex.
All of a sudden it started to make a sound. It was just a small beep but I was curious. I opened the laptop further and saw Eunhyuk received a message from the manager.
He forgot to close his mail box. That dork.
Before I knew I clicked some screen and opened the e-mail accidentally. OMO, that’s not what I meant to do, just when I was about to shut the screen my eyes got wide when I read the first lines:

“Eunhyuk, you’re an idiot for breaking her electronic fan, but I’ll send a new one as soon as possible…”

OMO!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~